Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! (24562 Views)

Full Specs, Review And Price Of Tecno Phantom A3 (tecno Phantom AIII) In Nigeria / Tecno Phantom A3 Specs / Sneak Peak From The Tecno Phantom A3 Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by LordReed(m): 11:16pm On Nov 25, 2013
rudedough:

You know Nigerians generally are arrogant and cannot make a complete statement or have a healthy debate without diminishing words and that's just how I differentiate between Nigerians who are truly educated and the half baked.

If you may, Mr. Expert. Please tell us how OS version does not affect the functionality of the application.

And if it does not, why would BBM only work with Android 4.0 and higher and not 3.9 and lower.

And next time, please learn to respect other people's opinion while you present yours. We all are civil people of the world right?

We look forward to hear from Mr. Expert.

Dude you were so wrong it begged the question of whether you know anything about what you posted. First of the issue of OTA does not affect app functionality. If you don't upgrade your phone the only thing you loose out on is taking advantage of current gen apps, whatever you have installed already continues to work. Secondly BBM is currently stated to work with Android 4.0 upwards it has nothing to do with BlackBerry upgrading to 10.3. I have had 2 updates to my BBM since I installed it and I have not upgraded my Android OS.

OTA is not the only way to update a phone. What is more important than OTA is developer support for the type of processor which admittedly MTK based phones like Tecno have little.

So in conclusion if you are knocking on Tecno because of lack of developer support yes you are correct but if you go against functionality of Tecno phones then you are dead wrong.

1 Like

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by ponti93(m): 11:56pm On Nov 25, 2013
Kelyto: make i see anoda idiot wey go yab tecno fone now.....after una don waste 100000 to buy s4 and bb q10,u come see tecno wey get d same specs wit come dey talk rubbish.....!!!instead of using the money to help d poor around u,u wan come brag to tell say u dey use bb and iphone.....instead of hailin a company dat has made tins easier for average nigerians,u come dey yarn rubbish....no make my vex reach u ooo......team tecno for lyyyyf!!!
did u just say that my s4 has the same specs with tecno....which tecno please...

2 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Jibsonified(m): 12:34am On Nov 26, 2013
rudedough: .

......So yes software / application gets updated all the time and it won't be long before BBM require at least Android 4.2 to run. And Techno currently powering Android 4.0 OS will become useless for BBM....

[b]For a person that is so boastful of a common branded piece of device called Z10... such that all his post on NL reeks of it... I don't need to teach u what u will absolutely not learn... cos u obviously don't know what we are talking about... a common Primary school kid would have deciphered what we are saying... but u can't cos u have egotistically blinded urself ...I'm sure u haven't seen or even touch a Tecno phone live, u only knew it from NL.

I aint an Expert...my qouting u isn't to teach u... d@ will waste of precious time... but to show others how comon sense can be too expensive to the some peeps.

Talkin 'bout someone halfbaked cos u felt diminished by my post... cheesy...Vey funny...when d difference is clear already about who is halfbaked

Ur next line of post may still b to e-trash whatever I said and still maintain ur halfbaked knowledge and d@ will not surprise any1 and henceforth I won't reply.

No hardfeelings bruv from diaspora wey study Medicine wit koko hair...just 50kobo truth from The Defender of Pure Facts smiley[/b]

1 Like

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Nobody: 1:24am On Nov 26, 2013
alabo1:

err... I knew about the Galaxy Note 3. It is the only one! The new version of the HTC One is also rumoured to be 3GB but for now the Note 3 stands alone and cant be used for obvious reasons since 2GB is just now becoming the norm the norm for flagships - the lumnia 920 and 925 nokias were both IGB and these are still nokias flagships devices along with the 1020 (the only 2gb from that maker). So I repeat until we have a host of 3GB and above devices in the market IGB is not low/depressing especially considering that IGB devices can hold their own against 2gb devices.

Thank you
Leave windows fones out of this....
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by str8talk1: 5:51am On Nov 26, 2013
My ears full of tecno dis tecno dat!
Pls,has anybod ask what is dia processor made of? I guess d same old MTK models.
With little as N500k,I can arrange 4 my own customized phones & tablets brands & even more products direct 4rm my Chinese partners.
So,pls tecno can blab to novices on dis forum,not 2 me.

1 Like

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 26, 2013
Jibsonified:

[b]For a person that is so boastful of a common branded piece of device called Z10... such that all his post on NL reeks of it... I don't need to teach u what u will absolutely not learn... cos u obviously don't know what we are talking about... a common Primary school kid would have deciphered what we are saying... but u can't cos u have egotistically blinded urself ...I'm sure u haven't seen or even touch a Tecno phone live, u only knew it from NL.

I aint an Expert...my qouting u isn't to teach u... d@ will waste of precious time... but to show others how comon sense can be too expensive to the some peeps.

Talkin 'bout someone halfbaked cos u felt diminished by my post... cheesy...Vey funny...when d difference is clear already about who is halfbaked

Ur next line of post may still b to e-trash whatever I said and still maintain ur halfbaked knowledge and d@ will not surprise any1 and henceforth I won't reply.

No hardfeelings bruv from diaspora wey study Medicine wit koko hair...just 50kobo truth from The Defender of Pure Facts smiley[/b]

You talk too much without sending any point across. Just rants.

I asked only 2 questions but your article did not answer 1. Can you please attend to the questions now Mr. Expert?

This is the reason why Nigerians will always look like people from the stone age because the word Fashion is a sin.

How do you expect your ideal Doctor to look by the way?

*Quiet

*Nerdy

*Wears Harry Porter's eye glasses

*Clean shaved head

*Dresses in corporate fashion all the time

*Not interested in hip-hops or nightlife

*Always talking about Science or at the lab doing research

*Doesn't eat Chicken or drink alcohol.

*Uses a calculator to calculate the amount of calories in his food before he eats it.

*Always have a bottle of hand sterilizer in his pocket which he uses after every handshake. grin grin

You watch too much Nollywood bro, you should leave that slum of a country and experience civilisation. Your mentality sucks.

1 Like

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by DanWrites(m): 7:52am On Nov 26, 2013
deejay_harry1:

dude it does... their are som apps mearnt for android 4.3 tht cant run on android 4.1 and downwards ..... u need ota..

BBM is not one of them.
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Defaramade(m): 7:55am On Nov 26, 2013
Godvilla: Am seeing tinz....
Tecno as usual
cool
Lolz
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by mustaphagreens(m): 8:08am On Nov 26, 2013
Jibsonified:

For a person that is so boastful of a common branded piece of device called Z10... such that all his post [/b]posts on NL reeks of it... I don't need to teach u what u will absolutely not learn... cos u obviously don't know what we are talking about... a common Primary school kid would have deciphered what we are saying... but u can't cos u have egotistically blinded urself ...I'm sure u haven't seen or even touch touched a Tecno phone live, u only knew it from NL.

I aint an Expert...my qouting quoting u isn't to teach u... d@ will waste of precious time... but to show others how comon common sense can be too expensive to the some peeps.

Talkin 'bout someone halfbaked cos u felt diminished by my post... cheesy...Vey very funny...when d difference is clear already about who is halfbaked

[b]*exhales heavily* Fellow nairalanders i believe you can clearly see what the use of techno products has done to jibsonified...
1. The moment u join d team of techno users, u stand the risk of losing ur good command of english 2. Your spelling errors in english will become gross. 3. After prolonged use, the only language you shall be able to boast of is chinese. Jibsonified is a living testimony to that; he uses all sorts of techno products ranging from toothbrush, body cream and hair cream, techno shoes to phones, laptops. I was initially shocked to hear that you were typing from diaspora but i come laugh when i remember say person wey manage cross border empty handed by trekking enter ghana, congo, zambia, kenya or even cameroun, begin to dey gather herbs dey sell as a means of survival go still claim say him dey diaspora dey study medicine(perhaps herbal medicine grin grin ) hmm... China don imitate other products sotey, naija of all pple dey warn dem against imitation and adulteration of naija products(wetin we fit produce 4 naija sef). Smh 4 techno users![/b]

3 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 26, 2013
DanWrites:

BBM is not one of them.

BBM cannot run on Android 3.9. Do you think soon it won't upgrade from 4.0 benchmark to maybe 4.1?

Why can't it run on Android 1.0 - 2.0 - 3.0? Why 4.0 as a benchmark? Soon it's going to need Android 4.2 and where does that leave Techno currently powering Android 4.0?

Have you ever heard of a broken root access? Where your apps doesn't work on older OS unless you upgrade.

An example is your popular Facebook App. Does your old Facebook App still work on Android 2.3 OS and lower?

I'm tired of writing the same thing over and over again. Google is your friend, use it.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 26, 2013
mustaphagreens:
*exhales heavily* Fellow nairalanders i believe you can clearly see what the use of techno products has done to jibsonified...
1. The moment u join d team of techno users, u stand the risk losing ur good command of english 2. Your spelling errors in english will become gross. 3. After prolonged use, the only language you shall be able to boast of is chinese. Jibsonified is a living testimony to that; he uses all sorts of techno products ranging from toothbrush, body cream and hair cream, techno shoes to phones, laptops

*exhales heavily* Fellow nairalanders i believe you can clearly see what the use of techno products has done to jibsonified...
1. The moment u join d team of techno users, u stand the risk losing ur good command of english 2. Your spelling errors in english will become gross. 3. After prolonged use, the only language you shall be able to boast of is chinese. Jibsonified is a living testimony to that; he uses all sorts of techno products ranging from toothbrush, body cream and hair cream, techno shoes to phones, laptops

cheesy cheesy cheesy You forgot one point.

"You also become loud and agitated as a result of overbearing loud speakers on your Techno phone."

3 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by MuyiwaMike(m): 9:11am On Nov 26, 2013
mustaphagreens:
[b]*exhales heavily* Fellow nairalanders i believe you can clearly see what the use of techno products has done to jibsonified...
1. The moment u join d team of techno users, u stand the risk of losing ur good command of english 2. Your spelling errors in english will become gross. 3. After prolonged use, the only language you shall be able to boast of is chinese. Jibsonified is a living testimony to that; he uses all sorts of techno products ranging from toothbrush, body cream and hair cream, techno shoes to phones, laptops. I was initially shocked to hear that you were typing from diaspora but i come laugh when i remember say person wey manage cross border empty handed by trekking enter ghana, congo, zambia, kenya or even cameroun, begin to dey gather herbs dey sell as a means of survival go still claim say him dey diaspora dey study medicine(perhaps herbal medicine grin grin ) hmm... China don imitate other products sotey, naija of all pple dey warn dem against imitation and adulteration of naija products(wetin we fit produce 4 naija sef). Smh 4 techno users![/b]
choii...u no nice oo
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by kio052001(m): 9:11am On Nov 26, 2013
am rocking my A+
plz tecno
ur next fone, which I wish to buy should have all d features of A+, I mean same size, quad core, additional RAM (2gb), 16gb or more internal storage, USB-on-the-go support (very essential plz) u guys can 4get OTA support cus der is custom ROM 4 everyone and a strong battery.

Thank U
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 26, 2013
mustaphagreens:

heartless grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by DanWrites(m): 9:37am On Nov 26, 2013
rudedough:

BBM cannot run on Android 3.9. Do you think soon it won't upgrade from 4.0 benchmark to maybe 4.1?

Why can't it run on Android 1.0 - 2.0 - 3.0? Why 4.0 as a benchmark? Soon it's going to need Android 4.2 and where does that leave Techno currently powering Android 4.0?

Have you ever heard of a broken root access? Where your apps doesn't work on older OS unless you upgrade.

An example is your popular Facebook App. Does your old Facebook App still work on Android 2.3 OS and lower?

I'm tired of writing the same thing over and over again. Google is your friend, use it.

No single Android app requires a "benchmark" of more than 4.0 Android version FOR NOW!
Unless u intend to use your fone for a lifetime, u need not to worry.
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by DAVE5(m): 9:40am On Nov 26, 2013
AK Money:

You are wrong on this one bro and you might wanna rethink, see few spec of this device below.

6.0" Capacitive HD Touch screen
13MP + 8MP (Rear and Front camera)
3.75G Network capability
Dual Sim Capability
1.5GHz Quad Core Processor
16GB ROM + 1 GB RAM

This is simply gonna be one of the best tab in Nigeria smiley

u must b hallucinating 2 say dis thrash... 1gig ram wen pple already had 3gig ram since
dreamer
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Defaramade(m): 9:43am On Nov 26, 2013
krugar07: this is why i love FaKeNo threads grin grin grin grin tongue
AS IN...u go laugh tire.
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Defaramade(m): 9:47am On Nov 26, 2013
Nocojp: Tecno is the best android phone for now.
Maybe in the year 3013 A.D.
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by krugar07(m): 9:49am On Nov 26, 2013
rudedough: BBM cannot run on Android 3.9. Do you think soon it won't upgrade from 4.0 benchmark to maybe 4.1?

bros stop using that.. there is nothing like that
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 26, 2013
DanWrites:

No single Android app requires a "benchmark" of more than 4.0 Android version FOR NOW!
Unless u intend to use your fone for a lifetime, u need not to worry.

Good!! I like when people counter my claims with reasons without the insults like most Nigerians do.

You're right but what if they increase their benchmark tomorrow or next month or next year? Where does that leave Techno.

Remember they've lifted their benchmark from 1.0 - 2.0 - 3.0 all the way to 4.0 and all these happened between 2008 and 2013. 5 years only, It didn't take a lifetime.

Like I said in my 1st comment, this newly launched Techno phone will be useless within 1-2 years.

1 Like

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 26, 2013
krugar07: bros stop using that.. there is nothing like that

grin grin I no know now, I no dey use Android.
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by aadejesu: 10:58am On Nov 26, 2013
you guys should stop arguing with Techno fans, they'd drag you to their level. I can't believe that a phones flagship would be 1gig ram at the last quarter of 2013, that itself says everything you need to know about the brand, mediocrity at it's peak. the Chipset used here is a MT6589T, MTK has released three better chipsets after this, But as you know, Techno is always between 9months and 1 year behind top quality phones. I keep saying this, not one single Techno phone would sell in any western country for the price being quoted, try looking for a Techno phone on eBay or aliexpress.

1 Like

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Jibsonified(m): 12:00pm On Nov 26, 2013
mustaphagreens:

Thanks for providing d comic relief ... Really had a good laugh at d end of agitating moments.

By d way ... It's ur Know-All, Infallible Rudedough abi na RudeDULL d@ claimed he is from Diaspora and studied Medicine, not me

All typos n grammartical errors well noted

Cheers

smiley

1 Like

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Jibsonified(m): 12:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by LordReed(m): 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
rudedough:

grin grin I no know now, I no dey use Android.

Ahhh! Now he confesses. So why are you forming Voltron on top the matter?
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by braine(m): 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
Jibsonified:

Thanks for providing d comic relief ... Really had a good laugh at d end of agitating moments.

By d way ... It's ur Know-All, Infallible Rudedough abi na RudeDULL d@ claimed he is from Diaspora and studied Medicine, not me

All typos n grammartical errors well noted

Cheers

Jibson baba I see you•

smiley
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by mustaphagreens(m): 2:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
Jibsonified:

All typos n grammartical grammatical grin errors well noted

Cheers

smiley

smiley cheers bro, let's drink to that!

1 Like

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Jibsonified(m): 2:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
mustaphagreens:
smiley cheers bro, let's drink to that!
*clink*
grin grin grin... Oboyee!!
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Jibsonified(m): 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
braine:

Jibson baba I see you•

smiley

shocked FM baba... so u are d braine behind this!!!!
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Correct
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by braine(m): 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
Jibsonified:

shocked FM baba... so u are d braine behind this!!!!
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Correct

Yeah man• You just disappeared from bbm• Wetin happen
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Jibsonified(m): 5:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
braine:

Yeah man• You just disappeared from bbm• Wetin happen

Sorry bout d@.. I had two accounts
This' d active one: 761FEBB7
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by arcmichael(m): 9:24pm On Nov 27, 2013
CEO of Tecno Mobile: *coughs, smiles and then walks by- no comment*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Glo Shuts Down In Ondo Over Non-payment Of Workers Salary / Screenshot And Post Your Data Usage In November / How Many Of Us Are Still Active On Bbm?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.