Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Lawyer, Others Dupe Man Of N24m With Fake C Of O! - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lawyer, Others Dupe Man Of N24m With Fake C Of O! (12260 Views)

Sales: 40 Acres Of Land with C of O At Agbowa (between Ikorodu And Sagamu). N24m / From N24m To N19m / 10 Acres Of Land Available At Tapa Village In Isawo For N24,000,000 (n24m) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyer, Others Dupe Man Of N24m With Fake C Of O! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 25, 2013
But this topic has k-leg name sounds as if lawyer scammed someone
Re: Lawyer, Others Dupe Man Of N24m With Fake C Of O! by ichidodo: 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
Lawyers can be so evil and corrupt

1 Like

Re: Lawyer, Others Dupe Man Of N24m With Fake C Of O! by trekkie: 11:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
@ lawyer, i believe that the reason a lot of folk don't want to verify their land deal is that foolish as this sounds, they feel "cheated" if they pay for the verification and it turns out to be fake. no one wants to pay for bad news. smiley
now what i propose is that you have start a directory of genuine property deals if you can. of course this would mean you do the verification on your own pocket, but i believe that that will be figured into the cost of the land or property when people come to pay. i for one have been following your work on nl and i believe that you are on the up and up (can't say the same about most lawyers) and would feel safer going into a deal that has your "seal" on it. kinda like nafdac number if you know what i mean. smiley
whaddaya think?

1 Like

Re: Lawyer, Others Dupe Man Of N24m With Fake C Of O! by lawyer(m): 10:50am On Nov 26, 2013
trekkie: @ lawyer, i believe that the reason a lot of folk don't want to verify their land deal is that foolish as this sounds, they feel "cheated" if they pay for the verification and it turns out to be fake. no one wants to pay for bad news. smiley
now what i propose is that you have start a directory of genuine property deals if you can. of course this would mean you do the verification on your own pocket, but i believe that that will be figured into the cost of the land or property when people come to pay. i for one have been following your work on nl and i believe that you are on the up and up (can't say the same about most lawyers) and would feel safer going into a deal that has your "seal" on it. kinda like nafdac number if you know what i mean. smiley
whaddaya think?

Lol lovely idea! Will think of it sir

I appreciate you

Re: Lawyer, Others Dupe Man Of N24m With Fake C Of O! by trekkie: 3:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
^^ smiley thanks. you r appreciated also.
Re: Lawyer, Others Dupe Man Of N24m With Fake C Of O! by Chinom(m): 5:00pm On Nov 26, 2013
Lawyer said he verified the C of O at Alausa registry and it was confirmed genuine. That is the part that really worries me. Does it mean that those registry officials do register fake lands and issue fake C of Os ?. How was Mr. Ibe able to obtain a fake document which checked out at the govt. registry.

Is the thieving lawyer telling the truth?. So confusing !!.
Re: Lawyer, Others Dupe Man Of N24m With Fake C Of O! by lawyer(m): 6:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
Chinom: Lawyer said he verified the C of O at Alausa registry and it was confirmed genuine. That is the part that really worries me. Does it mean that those registry officials do register fake lands and issue fake C of Os ?. How was Mr. Ibe able to obtain a fake document which checked out at the govt. registry.

Is the thieving lawyer telling the truth?. So confusing !!.

He is lying. He did no search. If he had done a proper search he would see the picture of the woman or owner of the property in the C of O
Re: Lawyer, Others Dupe Man Of N24m With Fake C Of O! by jakeng(m): 1:23am On Nov 27, 2013
@Lawyer,
You are needed here pls
https://www.nairaland.com/1532840/landlord-tenant-pls
Thank you
Re: Lawyer, Others Dupe Man Of N24m With Fake C Of O! by josite: 4:10pm On Dec 01, 2013
adesewa4u@yahoo:
Haaaaa Lawyer? U jst disgraced us.....don't u have ur Rules of professional Conduct?.....omo na 'DeRobe' b dt o
thank u.wish I can say more than you have strategically said humorously.it is best for all Nigerians if one lawyer is accredited by nba as the only lawyer to consult on landmatters in lagos.That is the only way for all of us to be sure we will not be scammed. But it appears me and you are so economical with the truth,so afraid afraid of being banned.invariably,eventually someone will get self banned mega.i no fit laugh o.
Re: Lawyer, Others Dupe Man Of N24m With Fake C Of O! by mr9ceguy3413: 8:40am On Dec 02, 2013
Pls deLaw, ah need yhu to respond to this...pardon ma ignorance buh I juz need a cnfirmation; dnt I get a C of O and necessary document for a plot of Land, waz surprised when a friend of mine told me the only thing he waz given after the payment waz a receipt with his name on it as proof of payment...pls, I rly want to understand, is it bcoz it's juz a plot or wah (coz as it stands, ah dnt noe so much abt Land as I've never acquired one b4)...pls enlighten a broda!
Re: Lawyer, Others Dupe Man Of N24m With Fake C Of O! by benbertie: 4:47am On Oct 25, 2017
DO YOU KNOW THAT

1. Buying a Land that is deemed to be “free” but it has no Certificate of Occupancy or Governors Consent or Gazette / Excision is a gamble?

2. Buying a Land with “Gazette in Process” and “Excision in View” or “File Numbers” is an unsecured investment? This is a commonly used scam / trick by real estate development companies in Lagos, Nigeria.

3. There are cases where fraudulent Sellers present cloned Certificate of Occupancy or Registered Titles, alongside fake or forged means of identification?

4. In a situation where a Property is owned by a Corporate Body incorporated or registered under the Companies and Allied Matters Act, Search at the Companies Registry is paramount?

5. Without a grant of probate and /or letters of administration, no Vendor or Seller [whether family members or otherwise] possesses the requisite authority to sell the estate or property of a deceased person? Hence Search at the Probate Registry is vital.

6. The consent of the principal members and head of the family or community to the sales transaction needs to be obtained so as not to make the sales transaction void or voidable?

7. If the Title of a Land is defective, whoever buys a House built on such a Land is merely a tenant at the mercy of the true Owner with a valid legal Title to the Land? The Legal Maxim: “quicquid plantatur solo, solo cedit” in very instructive. It simply means that whatever is affixed or planted to a land belongs to the land.

8. It is the duty of the Lawyer of the Buyer or Purchaser to prepare the Documents which includes: Contract of Sale; and Deed of Assignment; or Deed of Sub-Lease; or Deed of Conveyance; or Deed of Transfer; or Power of Attorney; as the case may be? The rationale for which the duty of preparation of the Documents is on the Lawyer of the Buyer or Purchaser flows from the right of the Buyer or Purchase to the non - reversionary interest of the property.

9. If there is litigation on a property, the Court may order that status quo be maintained and the person in possession would remain in possession? After making payments and executing Title Documents, a Buyer can take possession by: erecting a small fence, farming on the property, putting tenants on the property, putting a security person on the property, putting construction materials on the property, etc.

10. The Land Use Act prohibits alienation of Land without the consent of the Governor?

11. Failure to pay stamp duty renders a title document unacceptable for registration and inadmissible in evidence in a court of law?

12. Registration does not cure defects neither does it confer validity on the Instrument which it would not have otherwise had but for its registration?

You need to know how to go about the process of buying and owning a Property in Nigeria. There are several Laws which govern and regulate the process. Hence, usually, it is time and capital intensive. On Property transactions, the legal maxim is apt: “Caveat Emptor” - Buyers Beware. It is not for a Seller to beware. A Buyer needs to exercise full caution and due diligence when buying a property.

READ MORE https://www.nairaland.com/4136950/guide-how-buy-property-land

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rents, Property Values Surge In Abuja Ahead Of Inauguration / Building A 4 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / 7 Facts About Mike Adenuga Towers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.