Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Presidency Not Threatened By Splinter Group, APC Merger –Gulak - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Not Threatened By Splinter Group, APC Merger –Gulak (737 Views)

Troop Repels Boko Haram Attack In Gulak, Recover Vehicles, Ammunitions(Pics) / 6000 Boko Haram Encircled By Nigerian Forces At Madagali & Gulak / Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Not Threatened By Splinter Group, APC Merger –Gulak by Unblockable: 7:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
Abuja – The Presidency on Tuesday said that it was not threatened by the defection of the splinter group in the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the opposition party, APC.

The Special Adviser to the President on Political Affair, Ahmed Gulak, made this known when he spoke with the State House Correspondence at the Presidential Villa.

The splinter group and the APC in a communiqué on Tuesday agreed to merge.

Gulak, who reacted to the development, said neither the presidency nor the ruling party felt threatened.

“The presidency does not feel threatened and the PDP does not feel threatened.

“PDP is the party to beat. We have had it before even people who had occupied higher offices left the party and came back.

“Outside there, there is nothing, it is empty. PDP is the only party,’’ he said.

He added that the party and the presidency welcomed the development because it would end the distractions that had been going on.

“For a long time, I have said it that their hearts have not been in PDP. It is good that they have told the world that they have taken a stand so that PDP will not be distracted.

“PDP as a party will be focused to build our party because a lot of people are waiting for this moment.

“A lot of people in the APC have contacted me severally that they want to come back to PDP.

“They said they were just waiting for what happened today to happen, and to us, it is a good development,’’ he said.

Gulak, however, said if the group decided to return to the PDP fold, they would be welcomed back.

“We are talking about peace and reconciliation is an ongoing process.

“If they go outside there like those that went there before them and taste that the outside there is empty they are always welcomed back home like we did before,’’ he said.

NAN reports that Edo governor, Adams Oshiomhole of APC, was also at the Presidential Villa shortly after the announcement of the merger.

The governor, who did not spent up to 30 minutes in the Villa, declined to speak with the newsmen. (NAN)

SOURCE: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/presidency-threatened-splinter-group-apc-merger-gulak/
Re: Presidency Not Threatened By Splinter Group, APC Merger –Gulak by egift(m): 8:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
The tears of PDP - this is just the start. This man is among those confusing and misleading President Jonathan with yeye anti-masses advice.
Re: Presidency Not Threatened By Splinter Group, APC Merger –Gulak by donphilopus: 8:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
This man and Akpabio have been spewing the unspewable, why?? If you know you're not threatened, then just shut that Bleep up.

Until your sack letter is placed on your table, you won't be threatened.
Re: Presidency Not Threatened By Splinter Group, APC Merger –Gulak by donphilopus: 8:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
Re: Presidency Not Threatened By Splinter Group, APC Merger –Gulak by Unblockable: 8:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
donphilopus:
grin grin grin
Re: Presidency Not Threatened By Splinter Group, APC Merger –Gulak by theoctopus1: 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2013
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Now, PDP and GEJ can focus on Nigeria. This is a big blessing for PDP!
Re: Presidency Not Threatened By Splinter Group, APC Merger –Gulak by Unblockable: 12:57am On Nov 27, 2013
theoctopus1: Good riddance to bad rubbish. Now, PDP and GEJ can focus on Nigeria. This is a big blessing for PDP!
Blessing or curse??
Re: Presidency Not Threatened By Splinter Group, APC Merger –Gulak by theoctopus1: 9:57am On Nov 27, 2013
Unblockable: Blessing or curse??
A big blessing of course
Re: Presidency Not Threatened By Splinter Group, APC Merger –Gulak by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 27, 2013
They were never gonna admit otherwise, anyway.
Re: Presidency Not Threatened By Splinter Group, APC Merger –Gulak by abuc: 11:39am On Nov 27, 2013
Unblockable:
NAN reports that Edo governor, Adams Oshiomhole of APC, was also at the Presidential Villa shortly after the announcement of the merger.

The governor, who did not spent up to 30 minutes in the Villa, declined to speak with the newsmen. (NAN
)

I've been watching Governor Oshiomhole since 2011 during the Presidential campaign. He personally ask Edo people to vote ACN candidates for National and State Assembly offices but requested they vote for Goodluck Jonathan during the presidential election. I was very amazed with such move. He avoided campaigning with Nuhu Ribadu and was persuaded by Fashola for a group photograph with Nuhu Ribiadu during his presidential campaign flag off event in Lagos.

Though I've always known that GEJ and Oshiomhole are very close to the extent that GEJ had a minor issue with Anenih over his decision to secretly support Oshiomhole second term bid which Anenih was against. GEJ has more to gain from Oshiomhole.

Adams Oshiomhole always negotiate with Labour leaders on behalf of the Federal Government. I'm not saying Oshiomhole will defect to PDP but the likelihood of him joining Labour Party is very high. I'm just observing. I may be wrong but in politics, anything can happen...

(1) (Reply)

Unkindest Cut Of All / Jonathan Can't Win In 2015-asari Dokubo / BOMBSHELLH: "Jonathan Can't Win 2015 Election" - ASARI DOKUNBO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.