Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work (15839 Views)

Buhari Approved The Appointment Of New Vcs For The 12 Universities / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Lionbite(m): 7:52am On Nov 27, 2013
Vice Chancellors have been advised not to adopt coercive and forceful strategies to get lecturers to resume work.
Dr Busuyi Mekusi, Chairman of ASUU at Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko (AAUA), Ondo State, gave this advice in an interview in Abuja on Tuesday.
``We are also pleading with the university administrators not to illegally employ impromptu lecturers.
``They should also not announce fake resumption dates or disrupt the meetings of ASUU members on campuses.
``Such measures will not abate the already frosty relationship between the union, government and the university authorities,” he stressed.
He called for the convocation of `institutional summit` as a way of starting the take-off of a rebirth process for public institutions in Nigeria to become more effective.
He said social transformation would not succeed unless the Federal Government was strongly committed to entrenching strong and independent public agencies.
``We must not continue to deceive ourselves that governance, democracy and politics will reach enviable heights with the kind of public institutions in place.
``The truth of democracy as the expression of the people’s will and aspirations will come alive when Nigeria has public institutions that have not been politicised,” he stressed.

Source- http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/ASUU-boss-urges-vcs-not-force-lecturers-back-work

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by wasak(m): 7:59am On Nov 27, 2013
please what is ASUU asking for again? I don't seem to understand this film any longer or did I miss any episode?

12 Likes

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by lymelyte(m): 8:12am On Nov 27, 2013
They have lost Public sympathy. Why did they vote between themselves at the first place? Now I see why they held a secret meeting

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by premlove(m): 9:45am On Nov 27, 2013
Assu the god's are with you
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Lionbite(m): 10:05am On Nov 27, 2013
The name ASUU says it all..... Nile naija ASUU yin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by tsleazy(m): 10:09am On Nov 27, 2013
If they force d lecturers, we students go suffer 4 class oh
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Osgilliat(m): 11:17am On Nov 27, 2013
tsleazy: If they force d lecturers, we students go suffer 4 class oh
Na today we don dey suffere don tey.

10 Likes

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by efizee: 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2013
tsleazy: If they force d lecturers, we students go suffer 4 class oh
are u a learner?
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by efizee: 12:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
Osgilliat:
Na today we don dey suffere don tey.
abeg help me tell dem

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
But you're forcing FG to give you a large chunk of the national budget.mtscheew

1 Like

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by akpur1(m): 1:18pm On Nov 27, 2013
That what we get when we have sumone who is supposed to be selling suya as an ASUU president

23 Likes

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 27, 2013
Glory be to God
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by dreezybines: 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
This guys just they fight for their own pocket..come dey use student cover eye

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Micron21(m): 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
I have not made FP since I started NLing. I want to dedicate this acheivement to my fans and loved ones....(clears throat) C'mon go back to work you bl*0dy lecturers!!!!!!!
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by dwittyc0der(f): 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
Rubbish # tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by cephaswizzy(m): 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
That man de mad. GOVT don try 4 dem
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by lirusehn(m): 1:31pm On Nov 27, 2013
i swear i didnt read dis ish.
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by immortalvoices(m): 1:32pm On Nov 27, 2013
akpur1: That what we get when we have sumone who is supposed to be selling suya as an ASUU president

U must be high on cheap drug!!!
Well I nor blame u, if u nor respect ur papa, how den wud u have regard for the President of ASUU

Ppl like you are ready made tool for election riggers and you will still put the blame on the president of nigeria

8 Likes

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by peterpaulis(m): 1:32pm On Nov 27, 2013
dramatic™
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by felzylix(m): 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
They should keep the strike on for as long as they want.... 'Heaven is falling, no b one man matter'
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 27, 2013
And at the end of the bla bla bla, he didnt state when exactly school will resume. Me am taya o. Smh!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Dabss(m): 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
The VCs should not even bother because the students are now on strike too. No resumption till next year.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Olaide1295: 1:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
I no send d nonsense wetin F.G,ASUU or anybody dey talk...
My own b say make dem resume i dy old 4 haus...biko!
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by engrfcuksmtin(m): 1:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
akpur1: That what we get when we have sumone who is supposed to be selling suya as an ASUU president
Na so my bro, I wish we can have 20 of Prof Abdurahim Oba, the former VC of Uniilorin to come and deal with this people. Sack anybody that claim to be ASUU executive then dare others not to resume or be sacked. Heads will roll but I believe 89% of the lecturers will go back to class most especially the younger generation. Agreed they may end getting reinstated in court but by then they would have been destroyed psychologically and career wise. I know one of the Uniilorin sacked lecturers who have not regain himself tilll date his mates are professors he is still battling to be promoted to associate prof in Ekiti State University. Where GEJ no suppose show action he they show himself.

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Myque1(m): 1:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
At this point ladies and gentlemen, I can categorically tell you that I don't understand ASUU anymore...

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by itsIYKE(m): 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
YES they shud nt force us bck to work
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by b3llo(m): 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
I now see ASUU; Intellectual fools, it is now clear that ASUU n boko haram ar working hand in hand to stop western education in this country.

12 Likes

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Saxophemsy: 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
immortalvoices:

U must be high on cheap drug!!!
Well I nor blame u, if u nor respect ur papa, how den wud u have regard for the President...

Ppl like you are ready made tool for election riggers and you will still put the blame on the president.
bro u are d high one. ASUU president nt the president
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by yankison(m): 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
Lionbite: Vice Chancellors have been advised not to adopt coercive and forceful strategies to get lecturers to resume work.
Dr Busuyi Mekusi, Chairman of ASUU at Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko (AAUA), Ondo State, gave this advice in an interview in Abuja on Tuesday.
``We are also pleading with the university administrators not to illegally employ impromptu lecturers.
``They should also not announce fake resumption dates or disrupt the meetings of ASUU members on campuses.
``Such measures will not abate the already frosty relationship between the union, government and the university authorities,” he stressed.
He called for the convocation of `institutional summit` as a way of starting the take-off of a rebirth process for public institutions in Nigeria to become more effective.
He said social transformation would not succeed unless the Federal Government was strongly committed to entrenching strong and independent public agencies.
``We must not continue to deceive ourselves that governance, democracy and politics will reach enviable heights with the kind of public institutions in place.
``The truth of democracy as the expression of the people’s will and aspirations will come alive when Nigeria has public institutions that have

not been politicised,” he stressed.

SECOONDED

Source- http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/ASUU-boss-urges-vcs-not-force-lecturers-back-work
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by yordha(m): 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
i just dey observe

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

18 Jambite Palava We Faced in 2016 with Pics / ABU Sacks 15 Staff Over Sexual Harassment, Other Offences / Fg Appoints Vc, Registrars For Nine New Varsities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.