Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,525 members, 7,837,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work (15859 Views)

Buhari Approved The Appointment Of New Vcs For The 12 Universities / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by omenka(m): 2:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
wasak: please what is ASUU asking for again? I don't seem to understand this film any longer or did I miss any episode?
Since you are asking the wrong question, you would always be confused. You should ask the govt what they are doing about the agreement reached with ASUU earlier this month. This govt is the most morally bankrupt govt on the face of this planet! ASUU shifted grounds and they had an agreement, but the govt in their usual despecable fashion have no plans of implementing it. Rather they embark of a propaganda spree to steer public sentiments against ASUU and ask those pro chancellor who are mere political apointees to order the lecturers back to the classrooms. The cominique issued by the union of pro chancellors after their last meeting is the most shameful act of asslicking i'd ever seen. The govt did this knowing fully well the implications, and then tomorow thesame govt would run to the press to tell nigerians the strike is a political ploy to undermine the president, and gullible nigerians would buy it!
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by shalomm: 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
Demdem:

To hell with public sympathy. Let govt fulfill its part of the agreement.

Abeg No Allow God punish you.
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by omenka(m): 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
Enigma17: But you're forcing FG to give you a large chunk of the national budget.mtscheew
No. They are forcing a perpertualy irresponsible govt to be responsible for once!
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by lymelyte(m): 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2013
Demdem:

To hell with public sympathy. Let govt fulfill its part of the agreement.
Don't ever quote me again..
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Kfacecul(m): 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
Mayb u missd ur period. Winks*
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by omenka(m): 3:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
cephaswizzy: That man de mad. GOVT don try 4 dem
Do you mind telling us what the govt has done? It really pains my heart when i read some of the things posted by suposed university students here. What we have as universities frankly speaking are not even good enough for secondary schools. You atend a lecture sitting on windows or standing outside if you dont show up fast enough to grab one of the few spaces available. Go to the science depts and see the empty buildings they have for labs! The engeneering depts dont fare any better. And so also are the info tech depts where you find computers (if any) runing on old outdated softwares! What about the students accomodation facilities that would pass for a prison facility in uganda? The list is endless! But the students dont care about all these. What they want and all they care about is to return to school to 'have fun cos home is boring' and not because they are itching to go study.
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by protonz(m): 3:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
GREAT OPPOTUNITY AWAITS U ......THATS IF U WANT TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE
NB:this is for those that are really serious!!!!
then follow this link http:///1bEuSc6 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by SBJoji(m): 3:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
Thunder fire dem
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by kennygreat(m): 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Dia is noting academic abt dis so called academic staffs. Initially dey said dey weren't fighting 4 dia pocket, bt dis has exposed dia true intensions. When government declared 'no work no pay', dey said dey were ready 2 sacrify dia salaries 4 d future of nigerian youths, nw dey wnt salary of wrk dey didn't do. My question is, if dey r paid 4 nt wrkn, wat will b done 4 students 4 time wastage nd brain drain?
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by tunex23: 4:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
akpur1: That what we get when we have sumone who is supposed to be selling suya as an ASUU president
Rubish talk! so the previous ASUU president from the south are suppose to be doing what? Cos i recall they were incharge during previous strike
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 27, 2013
omenka: Do you mind telling us what the govt has done? It really pains my heart when i read some of the things posted by suposed university students here. What we have as universities frankly speaking are not even good enough for secondary schools. You atend a lecture sitting on windows or standing outside if you dont show up fast enough to grab one of the few spaces available. Go to the science depts and see the empty buildings they have for labs! The engeneering depts dont fare any better. And so also are the info tech depts where you find computers (if any) runing on old outdated softwares! What about the students accomodation facilities that would pass for a prison facility in uganda? The list is endless! But the students dont care about all these. What they want and all they care about is to return to school to 'have fun cos home is boring' and not because they are itching to go study.
u re correct n 4rm d way u speak u sound lyk a lecturer but let me ask if d govt finally provides d money how sure re u dat it will be used to address dis issues wen there is still corruption among lectures before we start tinkin of addressin the facilities n others dont u tink we should first address d case of blockin,molestation of female students by lecturers,admission problems among others botherin d education sector now...even if ah dis money re given witout all dese issues addressed we re still goin to be in d same place...and come to tink of it y re dey askin 4 money dey didnt work 4..just wonderin

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Dammyode(m): 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2013
i keep askin ma sef dis question dat btw ASUU nd f.g who will dis war?ASUU can keep on strikin as long as dey wish....4k ASUU ...4kF.G
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by merbenko: 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
omenka: Do you mind telling us what the govt has done? It really pains my heart when i read some of the things posted by suposed university students here. What we have as universities frankly speaking are not even good enough for secondary schools. You atend a lecture sitting on windows or standing outside if you dont show up fast enough to grab one of the few spaces available. Go to the science depts and see the empty buildings they have for labs! The engeneering depts dont fare any better. And so also are the info tech depts where you find computers (if any) runing on old outdated softwares! What about the students accomodation facilities that would pass for a prison facility in uganda? The list is endless! But the students dont care about all these. What they want and all they care about is to return to school to 'have fun cos home is boring' and not because they are itching to go study.
. My friend did you think all this nonesense you wrote will be achieve in blink of an eye . Why did them accepted the renegotiation on 4-11-2013 about the new offer which the preseident offer to them . After voting for the strike to call off what stop them for calling it off . And why them bringing new demand and even commanding the FG about their new demand. Why asking about haft payment of 2014 220billion this year . Beleive you me ASUU have different agenda not fighting for me.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by engrfcuksmtin(m): 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
omenka: Since you are asking the wrong question, you would always be confused. You should ask the govt what they are doing about the agreement reached with ASUU earlier this month. This govt is the most morally bankrupt govt on the face of this planet! ASUU shifted grounds and they had an agreement, but the govt in their usual despecable fashion have no plans of implementing it. Rather they embark of a propaganda spree to steer public sentiments against ASUU and ask those pro chancellor who are mere political apointees to order the lecturers back to the classrooms. The cominique issued by the union of pro chancellors after their last meeting is the most shameful act of asslicking i'd ever seen. The govt did this knowing fully well the implications, and then tomorow thesame govt would run to the press to tell nigerians the strike is a political ploy to undermine the president, and gullible nigerians would buy it!
Hold it, the revised agreement reached with the president are
1. Payment of 92billion earned allowances in progression 40billion now 52billion later...30billion has been disbursed.
2. Release of 1.1 trillion for developmental purpose in five years starting with the release of 100billion this year, it was raised by Susuwan led committee and was about to be shared when ASUU rejected it.
3. Allocation of 220billion for education yearly, 2013 budget has not been presented yet.
4. Non victimization of any member of ASUU as a result of participation in the strike.
The issue I have with ASUU leadership is this, a bird at hand....they are already having 40billion earned allowances and 100billion developmental, why not accept that publish the new agreement in national dailies for Nigerians to see and wait for government to flop, by then Nigerians will understand.
The fact is that this strike has been politicized.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by molason: 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
At first their aggitations seem legitimate but now it seems they are beginning to bite more than they can chew. After all, these so-called lecturers do not even come to the classrooms, so what the f***********ck is this Suya seller talking about.
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Agwoden(m): 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
omenka: No. They are forcing a perpertualy irresponsible govt to be responsible for once!
from d way u are taking it so personal, i pray u dont end up in d hospital soon.
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Afrok(m): 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
This strike az turned to a football match btw ASUU strikers Vs FG fc where d refree (ASUU president) is blowing nonsense against FG fc, making d die hard fans nd spectators of d match ( students) wonders wen one team will concede a goal thereby ending d match.

It's a pity d spectators (students) are furious bcoz of d officiating of d match by d refree (Prof. Faggae) yet dey could do nothing but it's obvious d officials of ASUU strikers ( four resumed schools) ad left d stadium coz dey sensed foul play from their football management. Don't leave d stadium since d match will end soon bcoz" wotever goes up must surely come down". God bless U all...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
If the military could not force dictatorial policies on Nigerians with their guns, it is laughable if VCs could be contemplating forcing lecturers to go back to work. It would be the 10th wonder of the century.
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Demdem(m): 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2013
shalomm:

God will surely punish those that arent in support of a labourer that requests for the rewards of his labour.
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Demdem(m): 7:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
lymelyte:
Don't ever quote me again..

then u will have to deactivate ur nairaland account for me. Nonsense.
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by papilee77wing(m): 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
Dis ASUU presido must be a f****cking SUYA SELLER...
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by efizee: 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
immortalvoices:

U must be high on cheap drug!!!
Well I nor blame u, if u nor respect ur papa, how den wud u have regard for the President of ASUU

Ppl like you are ready made tool for election riggers and you will still put the blame on the president of nigeria
oga shut ur trap abeg...mr respect nd mr patriotic
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by engrfcuksmtin(m): 7:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
Okon ikott: If the military could not force dictatorial policies on Nigerians with their guns, it is laughable if VCs could be contemplating forcing lecturers to go back to work. It would be the 10th wonder of the century.
it happened in uniilorin.
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by lymelyte(m): 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
Demdem:

then u will have to deactivate ur nairaland account for me. Nonsense.
Like I said don't ever quote me again in your life.
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by efizee: 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
omenka: No. They are forcing a perpertualy irresponsible govt to be responsible for once!
oga sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by efizee: 8:05pm On Nov 27, 2013
Agwoden:
from d way u are taking it so personal, i pray u dont end up in d hospital soon.
abeg help me tell dat foolish omenka
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by kalimera101: 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
immortalvoices:

U must be high on cheap drug!!!
Well I nor blame u, if u nor respect ur papa, how den wud u have regard for the President of ASUU

Ppl like you are ready made tool for election riggers and you will still put the blame on the president of nigeria
Are u high Ni? He said ASUU president not President of Nigeria. Get a pair of bottles.
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by kalimera101: 8:34pm On Nov 27, 2013
Abeg park well or maybe wake up from ur illusion.
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by kalimera101: 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
shalomm:

What are u saying? God don too punish am.
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Smith5(m): 8:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
Dont force lecturers to class as if dey knw wat dey are lecturering. naff off...!! Busy Body.
Re: ASUU Boss Urges Vcs Not To Force Lecturers Back To Work by Demdem(m): 10:06pm On Nov 27, 2013
lymelyte:
Like I said don't ever quote me again in your life.

STFU. This is a public forum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ABU Sacks 15 Staff Over Sexual Harassment, Other Offences / Covenant Universit Now Among Top 700 Universities - Times Higher / OAU Students Emerge 'first' At Business Summit Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.