Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People (29102 Views)

Jonathan Hated Rivers People; Wike Can Sell His Mother – Amaechi / Couple Campaigns For APC With APC Customized Traditional Wedding Cake (photo) / Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by akin7686(m): 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
Rivers State Governor and Chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has said that he joined the All Progressives Congress (APC) with the overall interest to protect Rivers people.

Amaechi also said that Rivers State has suffered neglect under the Jonathan administration

He also said part of the decision to join the APC was because the issues raised by G7 governors were not resolved by President Goodluck Jonathan and the PDP.

Amaechi spoke with journalists at the Port Harcourt International Airport shortly on arrival from Abuja, Tuesday

He said: “Yes, we have joined APC after the meeting we had with Buhari, Tinubu and the interim Chairman of APC.”

“The governors met on Monday and decided that we must meet with the APC leadership and when we met with the APC leadership, it was important we took a position and the position we took is for the good of our democracy and ensure that Nigeria moves forward. We can’t continue the way we are, where we are.

“The picture painted by the PDP was as if we were begging to come back to PDP and issues were not being looked into, issues were not being resolved and it’s important that we resolve it one way or the other”.

“I think that what has happened is that what was then new PDP decided that it’s important that we move into APC and position ourselves for the next election”.

“Rivers State must know that for me to have taken that decision, I had looked at the general interests of Rivers people. I was not elected to lead Nigeria, I was elected to lead Rivers State and I had looked at the interests of Rivers people and have seen that these interests were not protected in PDP. I have seen the fact that we are losing our oil wells in Etche, in the Kalabari areas and that the more they continue to pilfer these oil wells, the more we will continue to lose our wealth”, he said.

Despite his defection to the APC, Amaechi said he still holds President Jonathan in high esteem and has no personal quarrel with him.

“The President and I have no personal quarrel, it’s important we put that in perspective. All the issues were issues that affect Rivers people, were issues that affect Nigerians and I am a Nigerian, I have to address those issues…he is my President and I respect him. I respect his office, respect him as a person, respect the fact that he’s older but then as elected governor of Rivers State, I have the responsibility to lead Rivers State”.

‘If you look at what is going on, the federal government is not able to fund the states anymore. They say oil theft but oil theft is not enough reason for which we cannot fund ourselves.”

He drew the attention to the Port Harcourt International Airport, which the Federal Government has long abandoned because of its inability to fund the project.

“As per development in Rivers State, we are about to commission about 300 primary schools, we are about to commission another 70 health centres to add to the 60 we commissioned before. We are about to commission the Kelsey Harrison hospital at Emenike Street, there is a new one inside Rivers State University of Science and Technology Campus, there is a partnership between us and NDDC for which we have paid NDDC about N960 million for the mother and child hospital and NDDC is expected to bring about N900 million to make it N1.8 billion for the hospital. The stadium is about to be completed, so development is actually going on. We are working”.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/11/27/amaechi-why-i-joined-the-apc/

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by Jeel: 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
Thesame reason why you will return

21 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 27, 2013
Welcome to APC brother Amaechi.

41 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by Arosa(m): 1:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
Is it constitutional to join another party while in office, Is he not supposed to resign? undecided

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by OMG2013(m): 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
I hope u won't have d cos 2 jump back?

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by Yemlizzy(f): 1:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
As observed it seems the major reason like he said is underdevelopment and neglect of certain important projects in some areas.Just wondering if with the G7 governors joining APC how is 2015 going to be for Nigeria?Jonathan may or may not contest for the election.It wont be a child's play at all.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by stexsy(m): 1:51pm On Nov 27, 2013
confused human being n a liar...

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by Ismahill(m): 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nyc one sir.sm pple will jst come hear with dier big mouth dy tlk rubbish.bad belle no dy tyre u.hw many pple dn comment nw,bt we dn see two pple with biased comment.when will we change sha.o toju sumi o

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:05pm On Nov 27, 2013
This guy is very brilliant! I love the way he chooses his words. Moreover this quote below would be the new propaganda grin grin grin I am loving this men!

I have seen the fact that we
are losing our oil wells in Etche, in the Kalabari areas and
that the more they continue to pilfer these oil wells, the
more we will continue to lose our wealth”

Set Rivers people against the Ijaws, and bring on the game cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by ballabriggs: 2:07pm On Nov 27, 2013
I salute your courage Rotimi. It is not an easy way but it is the right thing to do. No reasonable man will be an apostle of President Jonadunce.

That President Jonadunce coveted the oil wells in our backyard for his brothers is enough for any Rivers man to reject the devil.

Only those desperately looking for nkwobi will be with such a person. Those people are the ones betraying us and not you.

13 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by donphilopus: 2:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
Arosa: Is it constitutional to join another party while in office, Is he not supposed to resign? undecided
Did Isa Yuguda of Bauchi state resign when he defected from ANPP to PDP??

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by oshyno(m): 2:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
Invariable what Amechi is saying is that FG collected Rivers oil wells. Soo joining APC he will get them back ? Amechi wasn't it a court of competent jurisdiction that ruled on d case , or are u saying FG paid court to rule against u. That also means the court that brought u in as a governor was bought by d same FG ur demonizing. Fear God ooo.

61 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by samuelkaykay(m): 2:18pm On Nov 27, 2013
Welcome saint Alhaji Rotimi,i hope you are enjoyn your honeymoon,i am expecting pregnancy soon but dnt deliver Aboki.happy wedlock!

14 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by jmaine: 2:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
It's a welcome development oga Amaechi. . . . .Enjoy your new home and friends . . . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by taharqa: 2:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
oshyno: Invariable what Amechi is saying is that FG collected Rivers oil wells. Soo joining APC he will get them back? Amechi wasn't it a court of competent jurisdiction that ruled on d case , or are u saying FG paid court to rule against u. That also means the court that brought u in as a governor was bought by d same FG ur demonizing. Fear God ooo.
Yes, Lai Mohammad wud give him back d Oil wells grin grin...... @topic, I wish Ameachi the very best in his new abode. This is what you wud have done since, Sir. Enjoy d brief honeymoon while it lasts..

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by Adewale4luv: 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
ballabriggs: I salute your courage Rotimi. It is not an easy way but it is the right thing to do. No reasonable man will be an apostle of President Jonadunce.

That President Jonadunce coveted the oil wells in our backyard for his brothers is enough for any Rivers man to reject the devil.

Only those desperately looking for nkwobi will be with such a person. Those people are the ones betraying us and not you.
hey did i hear u say 'oil in our backyard for his brothers' damn! plz b consistent for once in your life chap.today u turn a niger deltan next u are yoruba,this is d more reason others call we yorubas BATs cos we belong no where.God bless Yorubaland.

23 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by 99100(m): 2:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
I am pitying Amaechi.
He is making a political mistake.
embarassed!embarassed!!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by MaziOmenuko: 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2013
stexsy: confused human being n a liar...

More than 40 oil wells belonging to the Etche and kalabiri ancient kingdom was ceded to Bayelsa state unjustly. What lies are you claiming he told

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by MidasT(m): 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2013
A blind man leading the blind; they will both fall into the ditch. Alhaji Ameachi has just been used by the Boko people to scuttle the chances of the southern Nigeria, and now he is attributing is selfish desire to oil wells! These northern leaders should be ashamed; what do they have to show for being in power for over 35 years? They underdeveloped, looted, demoralized and defaced the country, now Ameachi is dancing to their tune to wrestle power back, so that they can lord over the resources they dont have. Ameachi will forever regret. Watch how this will play out in the next one month.

12 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by MaziOmenuko: 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
99/100:
I am pitying Amaechi.
embarassed!embarassed!!

We've been hearing this stale news of 'political mistake' over a year now! What exactly do you think the presidency will do to Amaechi that will hurt his political career?
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by kokoA(m): 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2013
99/100:
I am pitying Amaechi.
embarassed!embarassed!!
what is this one saying Are you God?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by ronalmagic10(m): 3:08pm On Nov 27, 2013
"...move into APC and position ourselves for the next election”.

He has said it all. The move is solely to protect his interest and not the interest of the people of Rivers state. Enuf said.

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by stebell(m): 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
So now dat Amaechi hv defected saying he's protecting de interest of Rivers State, he's protecting de Oil wells of Kalabaris n Etche, why didn't peeps frm those area come to de airport to welcome him. Lame excuse for decamping.
The Kalabaris are solidly behind Mr. President.
There is gonna be a thankgiving in church to celebrate Amaechi's exit.

Proudly Ijaw
Proudly Rivers
Proudly Niger Delta
Proudly Naija

Still #GEJ# till 2019.

29 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by ckkris: 3:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

More than 40 oil wells belonging to the Etche and kalabiri ancient kingdom was ceded to Bayelsa state unjustly. What lies are you claiming he told
Ceded by the same COURTS that made Amaechi governor. Is he now blaming the COURTS?

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by Tintinix: 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2013
I read Rivers people Rivers people, please I didn't send you oh!
Speak for yourself interest, no carry 'Rivers People' join matter!

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
I thought Amaechi was going to consult with GEJ before joining APC smiley Amaechi's case is that of a man that heard the sound of rain and then emptied the tank of water he had at home. I dey laugh o smiley

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by Arosa(m): 4:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
donphilopus: Did Isa Yuguda of Bauchi state resign when he defected from ANPP to PDP??

Exactly why did that one not resign as well, Is this acceptable to all?
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by wiseguy(m): 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

We've been hearing this stale news of 'political mistake' over a year now! What exactly do you think the presidency will do to Amaechi that will hurt his political career?

I wonder o. What really is the problem with people. You are tired of the marriage btw U and Ur wife. You divorced her and when she marries another man, you started shouting she has made a mistake. Wetin be una own na? Abegi, make una free Amaechi. As far as am concerned, he has done well for his people. I have bn in PHC frm the time of Odili till now. You can't compare d two administrations at all. Amaechi is way ahead.

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by Symphony007: 4:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
This is surreal, i can't belive rivers state is now an APC state. A state were buhari could'nt even gather a crowd to fill issace borrow park during his campaign for president in 2011. Now the state is now APC. Amazing! I don't even think they have a secretariat in the state.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by donphilopus: 4:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
Arosa:

Exactly why did that one not resign as well, Is this acceptable to all?
That's what they don't know!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by obuksjr(m): 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
donphilopus: Did Isa Yuguda of Bauchi state resign when he defected from ANPP to PDP??
Why answer question with question.Just provide the answer if you know it,simple.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by kokoA(m): 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
Some people swore in their lives that Ameachi and co lacked the "lever" to dump PDP.. Now some of them are the ones screaming "they have committed political suicide". Wetin concern una? Why crying morethan the bereaved?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

August Salaries For Federal Workers May Be Delayed / Buratai Grants Automatic NDA Admission To Nasarawa Students / Sowore, Nnamdi Kanu Plotted To Topple Buhari — SSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.