Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK (30563 Views)

Pastor Catches Wife In Hotel With Choirmaster / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube / Nigerian Husband Crushed By Lorry After Storming Out Of Car After Row With Wife! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by coogar: 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
Niseamaka: [/color]
On point. A popular sportsman in the country where i live went clubbing, hooked up with a girl, both got drunk and headed home in the wee hours of the morning. They showered, went to bed and did the obvious. The next day, she claimed they did it against her wish and the guy was arrested, detained and charged. If not that he is very popular, rich, well connected and can afford a very good lawyer, he wouldn`t have emerged from that encounter a free man. As you pointed out, the law is CRIMINALLY tilted in favour of women. A man is almost always wrong.

she didn't even need to say it was against her will, just because she didn't give consent was enough to put the man in jail. if a woman keeps mute throughout, she still hasn't given consent according to the law.

now, they have broadened the definition of rapë to include the penetration technicality. now imagine 2 teenagers with raging hormones making out. the girl puts his hands in the guy's pants to give him a handjob & the guy reciprocates to stick a finger in her. by law, he has räped the girl & the worst the girl gets is a sëxual assault.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:

If he kept mute while she was arguing with herself, he would have seen the signs and would not have gotten out of the car.

And you think she would have listened while fuming and running her mouth ?
Most men at such times will busy themselves with a journal or magazine or newspaper,anything to take their mind away from that tiger on the wheel and probably raised his head up when it was obvious she had stopped the car, refusing to move.
The scenario is easy to figure out.

Like another post earlier said,it is obvious this argument didn't start at home or else she wouldn't have moved an inch from home.
She must have brought it up while they were on the road and and all he wanted was to get to the airport
It is most plausible that he played cool since he was at her mercy at that time but her negligence eventually cost him his life
How can she live with herself after this
I feel sorry for the children and his family
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

because the death of any woman in what may seem as spousal abuse is taken very very seriously. the CPS will take the case up & build a case around it. they would bring up e-mails from 1999 if they have to just to prove the man had a motive.

But no woman has died yet, so again, no evidence as of right now. Furthermore, in a case of someone walking out of the car after a heated argument with video evidence of zero physical hitting, I see no reason why this alone would prompt prosecution for abuse. This is just a scenario you are making up. If they saw video of him pushing her in front of the lorry, then, we would be talking.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:

But no woman has died yet, so again, no evidence as of right now. Furthermore, in a case of someone walking out of the car after a heated argument with video evidence of zero physical hitting, I see no reason why this alone would prompt prosecution for abuse. This is just a scenario you are making up. If they saw video of him pushing her in front of the lorry, then, we would be talking.

He did not walk out after a heated argument
She stopped the car and refused to move any further by her own admission
What did you expect him to do?

If this had been a woman let out at 4 A m by a husband and killed on the side of the road,you would have come swinging at that man and so would I
What is the difference here?
Please let's call a spade a spade

SHe failed to operate a vehicle in a reasonable manner ,she was negligent,she disobeyed road signs and thereby contributed immensely to the death of a man.
If this were the USA she will not go scot free
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
babyosisi:

And you think she would have listened while fuming and running her mouth ?
Most men at such times will busy themselves with a journal or magazine or newspaper,anything to take their mind away from that tiger on the wheel and probably raised his head up when it was obvious she had stopped the car, refusing to move.
The scenario is easy to figure out.

If I were the passenger of a rabid person at the wheel driving, my eyes would be glued to the road, to ensure my safety. I would hope this man was not daft enough to be reading a newspaper while a completely deranged lover of heated self arguments was in control of his life.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:

If I were the passenger of a rabid person at the wheel driving, my eyes would be glued to the road, to ensure my safety. I would hope this man was not daft enough to be reading a newspaper while a completely deranged lover of heated self arguments was in control of his life.

Glued to the road and then what?
Grab the wheel from her?
Jump out the window?
You are at the mercies of the person at the wheel
Are you and I privy to any conversations that ensued before he got off
The man is now dead,or you suppose he was on a suicide mission
Dead men have no defense

What if she stopped right there and insisted he got off
What was he to do?
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
babyosisi:

This is according to whom? Certainly not according to the story we all just read.

This is the premise for my argument so if you choose to deliberately neglect that piece of information from the story, then I don't think this discussion is going anywhere.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:

This is according to whom? Certainly not according to the story we all just read.

This is the premise for my argument so if you choose to deliberately neglect that piece of information from the story, then I don't think this discussion is going anywhere.

Then you missed this piece from the same witch

stopped the car and refused to move any further

Quote me completely

Her own words and actions condemn her totally
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by coogar: 6:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:

ileoba, calm down.....
i said if the reverse was the case - i.e. a man was at the wheel, with the wife storming off & eventually dying then the husband would have gotten a harsher treatment than the pampering this woman seems to be getting.

with zero physical hitting, CPS would then build a case that the man might have threatened her or verbally abused her. it would be the accused's statement versus the CPS & we would be here also wondering why a woman would choose to get down from her car to continue her journey on foot!

it would make any man look very guilty....
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
babyosisi:

And then what?
Grab the wheel from her?
Jump out the window?
You are at the mercies of the person at the wheel
Are you and I privy to any conversations that ensued before he got off

What if she stopped right there and insisted he got off
What was he to do?

So basically, what you are saying is that this woman had a death wish for herself? If she didn't see the signs and he saw it, do you believe she wouldn't have moved to a safe area the minute he told her about the signs he saw? Wouldn't a normal person immediately raise alarm when they realize she parked smack dab in the center of the highway? Would you, having seen the signs, just jump out in the middle of the road when you know that is an active lane on a highway? What makes you believe she would not have moved to a safer place when he told her what was going on on the road?
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
babyosisi:

Then you missed this piece from the same witch

stopped the car and refused to move any further

How does that statement mean there was no heated argument?
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:

So basically, what you are saying is that this woman had a death wish for herself? If she didn't see the signs and he saw it, do you believe she wouldn't have moved to a safe area the minute he told her about the signs he saw?[b] Wouldn't a normal person immediately raise alarm when they realize she parked smack dab in the center of the highway? Would you, having seen the signs, just jump out in the middle of the road [/b]when you know that is an active lane on a highway? What makes you believe she would not have moved to a safer place when he told her what was going on on the road?

The woman is not normal so you have answered your own questions
Normal people mind the road they are traveling on and certainly would not let anyone off on a highway at 4 am
That is the issue
He married an abnormal woman that eventually killed him
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

with zero physical hitting, CPS would then build a case that the man might have threatened her or verbally abused her.

With zero evidence, no witness testimony (as in the woman wasn't there to say that was what happened)? That's quite a high burden of proof don't you think?

Please stop making up implausible scenarios.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:

How does that statement mean there was no heated argument?

Let me tow your line for a sec
Have you never argued with your husband?
Who hasn't
Now answer sincerely ,even in your worst of piss offs will you do that to your husband?
That is an easy way to gauge this woman's mental state
Trying to defend her is fruitless
If someone could be consumed with so much rage that she is unable to read clear road signs or listen to warnings on the road and perhaps warnings from the same man then she needs psychological help.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by coogar: 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:

but one can argue the person at the wheel is responsible for where the car was parked, not the passenger. the person at the wheel was the one qualified to drive, not the passenger. how are we even sure the man does not have eye defects? why are you blaming the passenger for an offence the driver committed.

had the police got to them before the accident, who do you think they would fine? the passenger?

ileobatojo:
With zero evidence, no witness testimony (as in the woman wasn't there to say that was what happened)? That's quite a high burden of proof don't you think?

Please stop making up implausible scenarios.

they will find evidence.
speak to the neighbours, scour police database to see if there's ever been a report of any abuse in the past, check emails & texts, and trust me - they would link the merest of quarrels they have had in the last 10 years to this incident.

so unless you think every couple live a quarrel-free lives, a guilty verdict might not be too far away. i know the system & i know how they are eager to criminalise any man in this kinda scenario.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
babyosisi:

The woman is not normal so you have answered your own questions
Normal people mind the road they are traveling on and certainly would not let anyone off on a highway at 4 am
That is the issue
He married an abnormal woman that eventually killed him

I don't know of any normal person that can claim to be 100% concentrating on the road when they are in the middle of a heated argument while driving. Only a superhuman can do that. The fact that she was distracted while in the middle of the argument does not prove she is not normal.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:

I don't know of any normal person that can claim to be 100% concentrating on the road when they are in the middle of a heated argument while driving. Only a superhuman can do that. The fact that she was distracted while in the middle of the argument does not prove she is not normal.

You have said it again
She is not normal
Normal people value safety above all else
That concept is beyond her
She had no business being behind the wheels then since she is unable to control herself like an alcoholic
Either way you slice it,it is entirely her fault
His crime was keeping his debit card and marrying a mean spirited witch

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

but one can argue the person at the wheel is responsible for where the car was parked, not the passenger. the person at the wheel was the one qualified to drive, not the passenger. how are we even sure the man does not have eye defects? why are you blaming the passenger for an offence the driver committed.

had the police got to them before the accident, who do you think they would fine? the passenger?

Of course the person at the wheel is the one responsible for where the car was parked. Where did I say differently? Where did I blame the man for where the car was parked?

The fact is that you are jumping on my post without really listening to what I'm saying.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by coogar: 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
babyosisi:

You have said it again
She had no business being behind the wheels then since she is unable to control herself
Either way you slice it,it is entirely her fault
His crime was keeping his debit card and marrying a mean spirited witch

she couldn't have wished death on her husband or pre-planned what happened but she was 100% culpable for the accident. she shouldn't have stopped by the road, there are tons of gas stations on that strip - pull over there & then sort out their arguments. she could have even postponed their debate till they got to heathrow.

ileobatojo:
Of course the person at the wheel is the one responsible for where the car was parked. Where did I say differently? Where did I blame the man for where the car was parked?

The fact is that you are jumping on my post without really listening to what I'm saying.

i am countering the point you made earlier that the man should take some blame as well for storming off.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 29, 2013
babyosisi:

Let me two your line for a sec
Have you never argued with your husband?
Who hasn't
Now answer sincerely ,even in your worst of piss offs will you do that to your husband?
That is an easy way to gauge this woman's mental state
Trying to defend her is fruitless
If someone could be consumed with so much rage that she is unable to read clear road signs or listen to warnings on the road and oerhaps warnings from the same man then she needs psychological help.

Defend her from what? Please tell me exactly what you think I'm defending her from because I'm one hundred percent certain we are not on the same page.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:
i am countering the point you made earlier that the man should take some blame as well for storming off.

I never said that.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

she couldn't have wished death on her husband or pre-planned what happened but she was 100% culpable for the accident. she shouldn't have stopped by the road, there are tons of gas stations on that strip - pull over there & then sort out their arguments. she could have even postponed their debate till they got to heathrow.

Same thing I'm saying
I don't believe she set out to have him killed but she should bear the responsibility for his death by her negligence
That you were arguing should not be an acceptable excuse
It's like a driver telling the courts she was replying to a text or an email ( similar distractions that can occur while driving) and didn't see the road signs ,an oncoming vehicle or a child on the pedestrian crossing
That is the same exact excuse here
It is her duty to mind the road at all times and she refused to do it
Her version of what transpired should be unacceptable,she was behind the wheels
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by coogar: 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:
I never said that.

who wrote this?

ileobatojo:
Oh please stop being dramatic. He got down from the car because the wife stopped moving. If he wanted to avoid GNP, he should have cut off the argument long ago. He contributed to his own death by distracting the driver. They both should have been more responsible.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hahahahaha
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
babyosisi:

Same thing I'm saying
I don't believe she set out to have him killed but she should bear the responsibility for his death by her negligence
That you were arguing should not be an acceptable excuse
It's like a driver telling the courts she was replying to a text or an email and didn't see the road signs ,an oncoming vehicle or a child on the pedestrian crossing
That is the same exact excuse here
It is her duty to mind the road at all times and she refused to do it

Is there anywhere I have argued differently from all you just posted?
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:
who wrote this?

How is what you just quoted the same as this?

coogar:
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by freecocoa(f): 7:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
Coogar.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
Silence?
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by soulglo: 7:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
babyosisi:

She stopped the car and refused to move any further by her own admission
What did you expect him to do?

If this had been a woman let out at 4 A m by a husband and killed on the side of the road,you would have come swinging at that man and so would I
What is the difference here?
Please let's call a spade a spade

SHe failed to operate a vehicle in a reasonable manner ,she was negligent,she disobeyed road signs and thereby contributed immensely to the death of a man.
If this were the USA she will not go scot free

That's not true. For what? She would be charged with murder or man slaughter for parking illegally? She absolutely would not. If a man stopped the car and the woman angrily storms out for fear of missing her flight it would still be just be a series of unfortunate events. If a man/woman runs out of the car for fear of life then totally different thing.

The woman might have planned the whole thing in other to get the card. She could have planned to drive him to the airport knowing fully well that half way there she can stop and then he would have no choice but to give her the card or miss his flight. Unfortunately he was not having it and decided that he would get to the airport one way or the other but he must go with the card. These people had a fight probably no more than most heated fights. The man was upset. I get that. Especially with international travel. You just want to get it over with and be on the plane before you feel relaxed. Bringing up the card was just too much and then when she stopped the car he just thought of the next best thing. Unfortunately it ended tragically.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by coogar: 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:
How is what you just quoted the same as this?

what's the difference?
blaming him for contributing to his death & saying he should have remained in the car is the same thing.

ileobatojo: Silence?

had to quickly grab my dinner.

freecocoa: Coogar.

cocoa?
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

what's the difference?
blaming him for contributing to his death & saying he should have remained in the car is the same thing.

No. It is NOT the same thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tunde Ayeni & Adaobi Alagwu In Paternity Tussle / If Your Husband Asks You To Dress More Sexily At Home / Check Out This Adorable Four Generation Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.