Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,763 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK (30551 Views)

Pastor Catches Wife In Hotel With Choirmaster / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube / Nigerian Husband Crushed By Lorry After Storming Out Of Car After Row With Wife! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Skywalker5(m): 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
A husband died when he stormed out of his car on the M25 and was hit by a lorry after a blazing row with his wife.
Florence Olokun-Ola had pulled over on what she and her husband Nahinmu Nicholas both thought was the hard shoulder, not realising it was a live lane because of roadworks.
Moments later the 53-year-old man was knocked down and killed by a bread lorry, as he tried to thumb a lift for the onward journey to Heathrow airport, on the side of the motorway.

The couple had been in the middle of a heated argument about Mr Nicholas taking the family credit card abroad with him when he stormed out of the car clutching his suitcases.
Details of the couple's row as they headed for the airport in their Ford Focus car were revealed at an inquest into Mr Nicholas’ death.
A coroner heard that in the midst of their row Mr Nicholas and his wife had missed signs warning motorists that owing to roadworks the hard shoulder was being used as a live lane.

An approaching Warburtons lorry driver was unable to avoid the 'hitch-hiker' as he suddenly caught sight of him in the murky early morning.
The lorry also struck the couple’s car during the freak accident just six minutes after they had stopped on the clockwise carriageway of the M25 at junction 6 for Godstone, Surrey.
The inquest in Woking, Surrey, heard that Mr Nicholas was being driven to Heathrow Airport by his wife at 4.30am on April 10, when the row started in their car.

Mrs Olokun-Ola said that her husband was going to Nigeria alone for 12 days and that the fight started because she wanted their bank card while he was away.
'The argument became very aggressive and his voice changed,' she said.
Mrs Olokun-Ola, who earlier told how things were tense at home due to financial problems, explained she no longer felt comfortable driving and pulled over to what she thought was the hardshoulder.
'He took off his seat belt,' she said. 'As soon as the car stopped he took the keys and opened the boot and took out his luggage. He put it by the crash barrier.'
In a bid to get her husband back in the car Mrs Olokun-Ola drove forward a bit, but he started to walk back down the carriageway trying to thumb a lift.
Then 13 tonne truck being driven by Martin Hook hit the rear of the Ford Focus.
'I got out the car and at first I was angry because he didn’t come running over to see if I was okay,' she said. 'I initially couldn’t see him anywhere.'
The court heard that she then discovered her husband’s body and raced back to her car to dial 999.
Mr Hook said that he was travelling through the roadworks at 50mph on the dry spring morning.
'The next thing I knew was there was a dark shadow in front of me,' he said. 'I turned straight away to the centre of the carriageway.'
Mr Hook said he never saw anybody outside of the car. A post mortem examination concluded that Mr Nicholas died as a result of severe head injuries.
Police accident reconstruction expert PC Dominic Gibson said that the stretch of the M25 where the accident happened was unlit.
He said that there were signs warning motorists that the hard shoulder was now a live lane.
Assistant Surrey Coroner Michael Burgess recorded a verdict that Mr Nicholas died as a result of a road traffic collision.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2514457/Husband-died-hit-lorry-M25-row-wife.html#ixzz2lrlLtrxn
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 27, 2013

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Annie2gud(f): 6:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
R.i.p Nick.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by jeffizy(m): 6:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
Moral: Never let your emotions get the better of you.

R.I.P Mr Nahinmu.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by thorpido(m): 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2013
Anger is destructive.
May the rivers of living water cool our hearts when emotions become tense.

RIP sir.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by soulglo: 7:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by EfemenaXY: 8:00pm On Nov 27, 2013
Oh no!

This is just horribly painful. sad

RIP to him...poor family...
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by birdman(m): 7:48am On Nov 28, 2013
now she has the bank card abi? anger does evil things

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by bukatyne(f): 1:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
birdman: now she has the bank card abi? anger does evil things

Excuse me?

May God console the family

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by ryom(m): 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
I always wonder that women outlive their husbands!
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by coogar: 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
birdman: now she has the bank card abi? anger does evil things

let's hope she can live with killing her hubby..

she parked her car on M25 thereby putting herself, her husband and other road users in danger. i am sure she asked her hubby out of the car in the heat of their argument - why would a man get down on M25 hoping to hitchhike to heathrow? this is a very selfish woman - the type to be avoided.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by 2CatWoman: 12:05am On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

she parked her car on M25 thereby putting herself, her husband and other road users in danger. i am sure she asked her hubby out of the car in the heat of their argument - why would a man get down on M25 hoping to hitchhike to heathrow? this is a very selfish woman - the type to be avoided.

Typical naija male response. Abi you were there?

22 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 29, 2013
well dayummmmm
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by olorunthobby(f): 12:10am On Nov 29, 2013
orun e re o..
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 29, 2013
Anger is Danger,short of the alphabet letter "D".

RIP to the man.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 29, 2013
chaircover: I was thinking about this story at work today. I was thinking about all the "ifs" and "whys" . . so many things went wrong to end up with this tragedy.

lets spare a thought too for the poor lorry driver . . he too was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Iaz93: 12:16am On Nov 29, 2013
she don chop am angry
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by coogar: 12:17am On Nov 29, 2013
2CatWoman:

i don't have to be there to visualise what happened. some of us apply our cognitive reasoning in issues like this.

a woman was taking her hubby to the airport then all of a sudden she parked & the hubby was trying to get out with his suitcases & hitch-hike to the airport on M fuckïng 25....

if it was a woman that did the same, many of y'all females would say she was being abused & she was trying to run away from him before she gets killed.

why would any man scheduled to be @ the airport suddenly decide to risk getting late for his flight to hitch-hike? i will let your spider senses tingle & provide the answers for you.

43 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 12:19am On Nov 29, 2013
Lol the guy wanted to go and flex naija girls for 12 days with the family credit card...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Niseamaka(m): 12:20am On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

She definitely stopped, refusing to continue with the journey to the heathrow and her husband decided to look for an alternative. Now the world is hers.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by adino(m): 12:20am On Nov 29, 2013
2CatWoman:

Shut up and read the topic, typical emotional breed.
May God Make Me Avoid Your Type, Amen

22 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 29, 2013
Women = Evil angry

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 29, 2013
Women want everything including your life.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 29, 2013
End time lorry cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Niseamaka(m): 12:27am On Nov 29, 2013
2CatWoman:

I don`t know where you live but if you had an inkling what goes on over there with our women as i do, you will believe.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by mmimahbub(m): 12:28am On Nov 29, 2013
GustavoFring: Lol the guy wanted to go and flex naija girls for 12 days with the family credit card...

May Allah consider his unfortunate situation and give him 10 virgins. grin

How do you feel after the comment?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by coogar: 12:31am On Nov 29, 2013
Niseamaka:

She definitely stopped, refusing to continue with the journey to the heathrow and the her husband decided to look for an alternative.

the woman threatened to discontinue the journey & this was the reason the guy was getting his suitcases to continue the journey on foot.

M25 is like lagos-ibadan expressway. no car would stop for him there. he would not get a taxi there so fück knows what the woman said to him that made him want to continue his journey on foot.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by mspee(f): 12:33am On Nov 29, 2013
Oh! cry cry
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Ghadafy(m): 12:42am On Nov 29, 2013
O ga o
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Konjour(m): 12:45am On Nov 29, 2013
No one knows exactly what transpired between both of 'em whilst he was in the car, but women are generally famed for how drawn out, rather elaborate and tiresome their convos can be hence the arrival of a lot of people at the conclusion that she must have nagged him to his death. That said, May his soul rest in perfect peace and may God strengthen and keep the woman from blaming herself for her husband's death for the rest of her life. There's no use wishing things had been different if you've got no chance in hell of changing the past. However, if you've got a wife who's not one of those women who can nag a man into a psychiatric ward whilst hiding under the pretext of 'A man should always do the right thing'...you've got to thank your stars for giving you a favorable alignment. Such women are very very hard to find.

The Bible even contains phrases like 'Its better to live on a roof than to live with a nagging wife'. Heck, I'd rather stay unmarried than share a roof with a nagging one. Life has enough hazards around to shorten a man's life to within half of its supposed length. Why shorten it further for a woman?

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Niseamaka(m): 12:46am On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

the woman threatened to continue the journey & this was the reason the guy was getting his suitcases to continue the journey on foot.

M25 is like lagos-ibadan expressway. no car would stop for him there. he would not get a taxi there so fück knows what the woman said to him that made him want to continue his journey on foot.

She`s responsible for his death. Family bank card indeed, the bank card belongs to the man.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Mother Is At War With Me Help!! / Check Out This Adorable Four Generation Photoshoot / Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.