Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

How To Be A Strong Independent Woman - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Be A Strong Independent Woman (912 Views)

Married Ladies, Were U Financialy Independent B4 Getting Married? / Being A Strong Woman Isnt Remarkable, It's Normal - Adichie / Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be A Strong Independent Woman by banabest(m): 9:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
How to Be a Strong Independent Woman

Being a strong, independent woman doesn't necessarily require that you be a die-hard feminist. Rather, it means learning to express who you are at your core, whether you are shy and soft-spoken or loud and assertive, without trying to fit a certain mold implied by your being a female. Read this article to learn how to undo this type of societal preconditioning and be the woman you are, whoever that may be.

PART ONE: UNDOING NEGATIVE SOCIAL CONDITIONING
1.Don't compare yourself to other women.
2.Don't base your happiness on being in a relationship
3.Don't feel obligated to follow fashion trends
4.Protect your sexuality

PART: EXPRESS YOURSELF
5.Stay educated
6.Stand up for yourself.
7.Take care of your body
8.Manage your finances
9.Give back to those who are less fortunate than you
Re: How To Be A Strong Independent Woman by Yemlizzy(f): 10:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
So informative.Nice research Op,well done!
Re: How To Be A Strong Independent Woman by Kanwulia: 5:59am On Nov 28, 2013
Some women really need to read this!
I hope they understand the words and BELIEVE THEM TOO. . . instead of a HOLY BOOK! grin
Re: How To Be A Strong Independent Woman by bellong: 9:07am On Nov 28, 2013
Short, precise and on point
Re: How To Be A Strong Independent Woman by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 28, 2013
I usually dont request things to be put on front page but I think this thread needs to be on fp. Some ladies need to print and laminate these points.

I just want to comment on the fashion thing. Please ladies, looking good/sexy does not mean showing all your assets (more like liabilities) to the whole world. All these low rise jeans and v-neck tops are not always necessary. And please if you want to wear things that show off your assets (liabilities), please make sure you have the body for it. You see some ladies these days (and some in church) and you just wonder if they have a mirror. Like seriously, what were they thinking coming out and looking like that.

And some of the worst culprits are ladies between 35-45. Please, a 45 year old woman trying to look 20 would end up looking like a caricature. If you are 45, dont try an look 20 because you are old enough to be a 20 year old's mother. I am not saying you should look like an old woman but please, take care of those bodies and learn to dress to fit your body. What a size UK 4 lady can wear comfortably may not be appropriate for a size UK 16 lady. Abeg, please, biko, e jo, let our ladies dress appropriately.

(1) (Reply)

How My Mother Maltreated Me! Short Story / What To Do When Kids Talk Back / My Dad Burial Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.