Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,384 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie (817 Views)

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie / Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie by ochejoseph(m): 7:31am On Nov 28, 2013
Cardiff City striker, Osaze Odemwingie, has
stated his desire to represent Nigeria at the Fifa
World Cup in Brazil in 2014.
The former West Brom striker, who has 55 caps
for Nigeria was last involved with the national
team about a year ago and has since been
overlooked by coach Stephen Keshi.
Odemwingie, who made a deadline day move
from West Brom to Cardiff City in the summer,
wants to join the likes of Gary Medel and Kim Bo-
Kyung, whose countries, Chile and South Korea
respectively, have both qualified to appear in
Brazil.
“I was in the Nigeria squad for the last World Cup
finals in South Africa and I would love the chance
to go again,” Odemwengie told Welsh portal,
WalesOnline.
Odemwingie believes if he has a massive season
for Cardiff City, then he is in with a shout to be
recalled by Nigeria to fight for a shirt in the team.
“Why not? Certainly, I believe I have a chance
and when it comes I would be delighted,” he said
after Cardiff drew 2-2 with Manchester United
last weekend.
“I haven’t been selected lately because the coach
is making changes to the squad.
“It affected all the older players so the situation
wasn’t friendly, but he has insisted that any
player who is active and eligible will have a
chance to play at the World Cup so we will see.
“Playing for my country in Brazil would mean so
much to me. Brazil is even more popular
football-wise so it will be great if it happens.”
Nigeria beat Ethiopia 4-1 on aggregate to qualify
for the football fiesta for the fifth time in their
history and Odemwingie feels it will take a lot of
hard work if he is going to get into the squad.
“Playing in the Premier League can only help me,”
Odemwingie stated. “No player will be in the
squad unless they do well for their various clubs.
Odemwingie made his Nigeria debut in 2002 and
has represented Nigeria at the 2010 World Cup in
South Africa.
He was also a silver medallist at the Beijing 2008
Olympics with the Under-23 Olympic team who
lost to Argentina in the gold medal match.

www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/sports/item/27343-i-want-to-go-to-world-cup-odemwingie.html
Re: I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie by ochejoseph(m): 7:33am On Nov 28, 2013
Is this guy serious ?
Re: I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie by Afam4eva(m): 7:35am On Nov 28, 2013
Now, he wants to humble himself. There's nothing as good as humility. This is a player that was in the starting 11 for his country but due to pride, he's now begging for a shirt. Anyways, let him prove himself and he may just be called backj. But i assure him that it won't be easy to break in like that.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 28, 2013
Re: I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie by ochejoseph(m): 7:41am On Nov 28, 2013
Afam4eva: Now, he wants to humble himself. There's nothing as good as humility. This is a player that was in the starting 11 for his country but due to pride, he's now begging for a shirt. Anyways, let him prove himself and he may just be called backj. But i assure him that it won't be easy to break in like that.

Afam I can't agree with you More , he had a shirt anytime any day but felt he was irreplaceable, I can't believe he had such kind words for Keshi , Odemwingie Humbled at last
Re: I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie by homesteady(m): 7:47am On Nov 28, 2013
He has finally 'chop the humble pie' grin
Ok! Do your talking on the field, and you'll be called to the squad
Re: I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie by ammyluv2002(f): 7:47am On Nov 28, 2013
I no blame you undecided when others don suffer play finish
You can't eat your cake and have it back

But I no mind o cause I like him kiss
Re: I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie by ichommy(m): 7:49am On Nov 28, 2013
Afam4eva: Now, he wants to humble himself. There's nothing as good as humility. This is a player that was in the starting 11 for his country but due to pride, he's now begging for a shirt. Anyways, let him prove himself and he may just be called backj. But i assure him that it won't be easy to break in like that.

Boss, how is your preparation for next Olympics?
Re: I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie by Afam4eva(m): 7:49am On Nov 28, 2013
ochejoseph:

Afam I can't agree with you More , he had a shirt anytime any day but felt he was irreplaceable, I can't believe he had such kind words for Keshi , Odemwingie Humbled at last
He really overstepped his boundary. At one point he was even asking the the captainship be given to him ahead of Yobo and Enyeami. Even Ejide that has sat on the Super Eagles bench will become a captain before Osazie.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie by Afam4eva(m): 7:51am On Nov 28, 2013
ichommy:

Boss, how is your preparation for next Olympics?
Ahh, so you still remember? Lol grin I may be going there as a spectator afterall grin I went to the National stadium in Surulere to train. My heart and soul was ready to run but my body did not agree with them grin
Re: I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie by Danhumprey: 8:23am On Nov 28, 2013
Finally he has come to realize that the team is bigger than each individual that make up a team. I hope he improve on his performance for Cardiff City so that he would be call up.
Re: I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie by Tuntheycr7: 8:35am On Nov 28, 2013
Shoooo ? He can go na. If he wana go by force Make he join the supporters club, it wud be an honour sef. He had better be seriox wt him performance at Cardiff city.
If he happnd to b d highest goals scorer for Epl am sure Keshi wud b beggin him to come.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie by AbuMikey(m): 8:48am On Nov 28, 2013

After all the gra-gra grin

Odemwingie bro, do your thing at Cardiff, dislodge Campbell from being Cardiff's finest, and World cup semi-final is sure wink

Re: I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie by safarigirl(f): 9:38am On Nov 28, 2013
LMAO, you want to go to World Cup? And do what? Drag captain armband with Enyeama or drag coaching job with Keshi? Dear Osaze, even Ibrahimovic would like to go to World Cup, but is he going? NO. Don't worry sha, you can wait for a TWITTER World Cup.
Re: I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie by safarigirl(f): 9:46am On Nov 28, 2013
Nonso23: This further proves that no one is irreplaceable or indispensable.
Anyway, in all honesty, the guy is automatically guaranteed a shirt should keshi recall him. The Dude is better and more experienced than Ideye and Victor Moses combined!
bros abeg just take style comot Victor Moses, even if Odemwingie makes the team, which is highly unlikely, he can't bench Moses, experience or not. The dude even said 'WHEN' he gets called up, not 'IF' for him mind he don even get shirt, choi! What a clown! People wey hustle to qualify never dey sure, na him dem wan give shirt? As per Messi or CR7?
Re: I Want To Go To World Cup - Odemwingie by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
safarigirl: bros abeg just take style comot Victor Moses, even if Odemwingie makes the team, which is highly unlikely, he can't bench Moses, experience or not. The dude even said 'WHEN' he gets called up, not 'IF' for him mind he don even get shirt, choi! What a clown! People wey hustle to qualify never dey sure, na him dem wan give shirt? As per Messi or CR7?
dis girl you make over sense. Only if my girlfriend will know more about football peace go dey.

(1) (Reply)

The Only Way To Get Bafana Bafana Winning??? / Rate Mikel Obi’s World Cup Performance [1-10] / Picture Of Stephen Keshi As The Super Eagle's Captain.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.