Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? (37427 Views)

3.5g Hsdpa Universal Internet Modem For As Low As N5,799 / Price Of Mtn 3.5g Modems / How Do I Configure Mtn 3.5g Usb Modem To Share Internet To 5 Pc's Using Router (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by saddik(m): 1:43pm On Sep 07, 2008
[/quote][quote author=flyuche link=topic=153476.msg2765518#msg2765518 date=1220749059]
@sadikk. your nokia pc suite is ok. in 3G mode you can make and receive calls without disruption in connection.

Thanks im on it.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by flyuche(m): 4:48pm On Sep 07, 2008
@ Ex, The download speed with MTN 3.5G is above 500kb/s when you have full bars. It's a fact! I am not in PH now, but i promise you a screenshot when i get back. I don't have 3G here in my hometown. 44kb/s you get is what i achieve on gprs. I think it depends on location.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by flyuche(m): 4:52pm On Sep 07, 2008
Has anyone tried Glo 3G  Plus?
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by fizokey(m): 11:12pm On Sep 07, 2008
Well i just have to be very greatful to jdoss, and all u guys for informing me about MTN's internet. Although i use an nokia E61i(3G), it never really occured to me to try mtn's package. I've been using starcomms since october last year and i must say here to all u prospective starcomms users, STARCOMMS SUCKS BIGTIME! Thanks to MTN, ve been using the night package for a week now and, jeezz this is crazy speeed! Never imaginned i could get this kinda  speed in Nigeria! Thanks MTN, Jdoss and nairalanders, luv u guys,
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by DualCore1: 4:58am On Sep 08, 2008
fizokey:

STARCOMMS SUCKS BIGTIME! Thanks to MTN,
they suck? wht they suck? grin
lemme guess. . . donkey ballz grin
eewwwwwwwwz

yay one more "valued subscriber" off the starcomms network. . . more unlimited bandwidth for me to play around wit. at this rate i should be hitting 300 kb/s unlimitedly, this week grin

starcomms rocks (hit ur head for wall, tht's how much i care) tongue tongue

cheesy cheesy
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by memento: 8:58am On Sep 08, 2008
@ dual core
starcomms rocks (hit your head for wall, that's how much i care)
haba !!! you wicked ooo
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by ExInferis(m): 9:25am On Sep 08, 2008
flyuche:

@ Ex, The download speed with MTN 3.5G is above 500kb/s when you have full bars. It's a fact! I am not in PH now, but i promise you a screenshot when i get back. I don't have 3G here in my hometown. 44kb/s you get is what i achieve on gprs. I think it depends on location.

careful, 500kbp/s is not the same as 500kbps which is probably what you mean. mind you, im not disputing your claims but i find it a bit hard to swallow on my experience and that of freinds and family members. if my 44kbps wasnt consistent across kaduna, abuja and lagos as i travel id assume the problem is confined to kaduna alone, or if i used only one modem i'd attribute it to some fault in the modem. sadly that is not the case.

in any case, i fail to see how you can get 500kbps since at connection the modem registers the link speed at 480kbps. noenetheless im not saying you are lying perhaps your situation is unique since obviously im not the only one having this problem.

oh, and i do get full bars considering i live very close to a mast (in kaduna) as i pointed out earlier. lets just hope MTN sorts this all out and give us as good as our money.

im glad to see Etisalat will soon flag off their services. given that they have perhaps the fastest 3.75G in the middle east maybe they will give MTN a run for their money.

Etisalat has lots of cash and technical expertise, besides.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by georgicng: 12:07pm On Sep 09, 2008
wot i realised is that some of you are getting the bandwidth measurement wrong. what the service providers offer is

in kilobit per second while most of ur download managers download @ kilobyte per second which is different from the

former. to be completely fair u av 2 do the conversion b4 comparing to the speed offered by your service provider.

Connection speed     Transfer speed
56Kbps 7 KB/s
128Kbps 16 KB/s
256Kbps 32 KB/s
512Kbps 64 KB/s
1Mbps         128 KB/s
2Mbps         256 KB/s
10Mbps 1.25 MB/s

in oda words, sum of you do get d advertised speed. u jst dont no it.

also ur download speed isnt always the maximum speed achievable on ur network at dat particular tym but cud b the

download speed available from the server you are downloading from which is y social networking download managers

like orbit automatically look for mirror sites and users alike to download from so as to boost download speed and

sites like rapidshare give u a bandwidth meter so as to no wot bandwidth u are sharing wit oda users.

i also advice dat u use software like bandwidth monitor (it measures bandwidth in both kbps & KB/s) to capture the

total traffic u are generating dan rely on d speed of 1 download displayed by ur download managers. it cn also

measure ur total data usage n alert u wen u r abt 2 hit d download allowance mark.

i dnt no if der is a software 2 measure d maximum bandwidth achievable on a network @ a particular point in tym (so

as to be able to fully utilise it) but i intend to find out. i wud also lik 2 no if d mtn download limit is for

both upload n download put 2geda or jst downloads only.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by ExInferis(m): 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2008
mtn's advertised speed is 3.2 megabits per second with a dropdown consistence of 800kilobits per second. this means, using your measurements, 400kiloBytes per second and 100kilobytes per second respectively. since none of us here is getting anything near those speeds then clearly the advertised speed is bogus. that has been the basis of my argument all the while.

now in my first post i said i was getting 44kilobits a second (5.5kilobytes) which is still far from broadband and i was not using any download accelerator. even if i was getting what the others claim to be getting we are still being shortchanged what ever measurement you use.

now you mentioned that available download speed from the server differes from network download capability. well, that may be so but i beg to differ on one ground: HTTP GET and FTP are not Torrent where speed downgrades based on the ratio between seeders and leechers or the activity of the tracker. the server side pipeline is bigger at that end than my side of the pipes where my connection by default is 8 per server and since most HTTP servers allow indidvidual maximum connections of 128 im still underutilized. now if the server in question suffers a swarm (massive coonections from multiple downloads) then of course speed may degrade. but im still getting 44kbps irrespective of the server i connect to whether im downloading or not.

the key is the bandwidth we all are on. the gateway is slower than what the network is capable of. on the USB modem the link speed is 7.2mbits/sec (900 kilobytes) but the realworld speed hovers between 120kbps (for some) and 44kbps (for me and others). clearly you can see the problem there.

on Etisalat in Dubai you get 1.2mbits/sec on average and 700kbps on bad days from a link of the same 7.2mbits/sec.

that says something.

i dont use speedtest.net nor do i use a 'bandwidth monitor' (whatever that is). i use a more reliable packet sniffer in combination with NetStumbler to monitor my net activities and they bear out my slow 44kbps.

please keep in mind that all this while im narrating my own experience, it will be different for others. but lets rule out the following;

1. distance from mast
2. lack of 3G coverage
3. faulty modem
4. reverting to GPRS
5. faulty OS

if the checklist above is eliminated, then clearly the problem stems ffrom MTN somewhere down the backbone.

@Flyuche

permit me to make a correction in my earlier post.

480kbps is the link speed one gets with the phone modem while 7.2mbps is the connection one gets with the USB modem. i do not know which modem you use so pardon me for hastily assuming you use the phone type.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by samir101ng(m): 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2008
@ Ex-Inferis

So true bro. I am with you 100% on this one. A major factor i will like to add also why customers of mtn and other isp's in Nigeria continue accepting such low standards is because they havent experienced any better. Just try and imagine AT&T or Verizon coming to naija for a full week and nigerians experiencing quality service. You and i know that they will then know better and demand their rights. Another thing also i would like to add is that try and look at the backbone connection that these isp's use. They are still using vsat or some other technology while our sat3 fibre optic submarine cable is rotting away. The lack of a dedicated fibre optic connection is the major problem behind why nigeria's telecomm providers are still experiencing poor network services no matter what kind of technology we deploy. Ask any serious networking engineer and he will tell you that your network can be uptodate but without a dedicated and fast backbone connection to support it and provide high speed data services then you will still continue to experience poor quality of service.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by ExInferis(m): 9:25am On Sep 10, 2008
@samir101ng

well, since you and i have no choice we may as well embrace the inevitable, do our patriotic bid and just accept fate as it is. lets give them the benefit of doubt and say they are just starting. perhaps overtime they may iron out the kinks although i seriously dout that. why? because after seven years of operating in Nigeria MTN's core service (phone call) is still utter rubbish. this morning i had 18naira and i couldnt send a text.

what bothers me is the 3gig limit which is a very good pointer to the limit MTN has on bandwidth. if you do have true broadband, why impose such a severe restrictive policy? naija is a nation of downloaders. wallahi ive seen creeps here in cafes downloading three episodes of prison break and a movie torrent on a speed of 0.6kbp/s. their patience must be infinite.

imagine what they'd do with broadband. they'll download hollywood and the entire music industry. (maybe ive just made MTN's argument grin)

with true broadband you can download a whopping 1gig in less than 30minutes. with MTN in that duration all you get is like 100mb, your days' quota.

i heard Glo has raised its cap to 5gigs. thats fair. but with broadband, unlimited access is the killer app because all that speed just doesnt make sense for roughly 100mb a day.

my wifi this mornin was going on 69.5kiloBYTES per second, thats 556kilobits per second. though its web accelerated broadband, its not 3G which is supposedly faster. my biggest issue with the wifi is that it breaks downloads on download accelerators and oftens drops connection for no apparent reason.

at least MTN is better than them visafone them and *ahem* starcomms.

Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by inze(m): 12:37pm On Sep 10, 2008
After reading through the five pages of this thread, i can feel Ex Inferis plight. Sometimes if notmost times,we get poor services for something we stake huge amount on (which in some case aint supposed to be so) and we refuse to make complain so that an improvement can be made.

I don't blame him when he sounded insultive at times, so of us try to think other are daft atimes. What was some1 trying to say when he was told he's getting gprs and not 3.5G? that he's daft or something? common lander's we all do thing virtually here and we aint in any1's shoe's, so sometimes when we make comment, we should try not to step on anybody's toe strictly because we can't face the rage if you're physical wit the person.

He's getting mmore value for money (so he say) when in the western world but i must say that that is the western world but if we complain for bad services, our services providers will look towards making an improvement in their services rendered and i think in that aspect, Ex Inferis is right in his every Word (not judging any1 though)

Like he said, for some users that gets 10kbps on cybercafe will give glory to God for the heaven sent mtn 3.5G which is superfast. (Not tried it yet, but i'll be going for it soon). I believe in giving people the benefit of doubt so that i can warn other of their mishap (not refering to mtn, but in all things).

I don't mean to sound righteous but Inze have spoken.

Be wise, be Nigerian and be cool,
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by peejay(m): 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2008
A friend of mine just called me and said MTN has offered an unlimited download access on the 3.5G services at 15k/month subscription. i've been interested in getting it but that 3g limit has been a pain in the neck and many people fell to this.

Can anyone here confirm this new update?
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by ExInferis(m): 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2008
@INZE

your comments are appreciated, full of the wisdom i was struggling to impart. basic telephony across all major networks is difficult enough and we dont even have ready access to their customer service platforms to properly complain. for those who go to MTN Connect stores for welcome back other services, ask them their ordeal: unruly and gruff emloyees, curt replies to questions, embassy-style queues (for the visa seekers).

if you dont make a point of making noise, they will never improve their services.

theres this guy a few years back in the united states. he bought a Dell machine but found out it has been used before. he called Dell customer service but ran into a brickwall. he ten took his case to a public forum such as this and earned the sympathy of fellow forumers. gradually their murmur became a crescendo and suddenly Dell took notice. he got a new system and compensation alogside a Dell pledge for better customer service.

im not looking for a refund; im looking for a movement that perhaps will get noticed by MTN so that they may come clean in future dealings wit us. if we pay good money we demand good service.

how many of us here have problems with basic calls, sms, loading scratch cards daily? do we do anyting about it? just a few days ago i bought a 400 naira MTN scratcho and the darn thing wouldnt load. heres the message i get: "sorry, there is a delay in loading this card in your account, we will credit your account within 24 hours."

this is day 5 and i still get the same message when trying to load. i tried calling customer service but that blasted computer wont let me through, droping the call when i opt to speak to a live agent.

ive been putting up with half-arsed service for too long. seven years to be exact. when will it all stop? are they making less money from our plight? NO. actually fixing things and upgrading their equipment costs money, so since no one is complaining, they say " to hell with it".

im sure their premium staff and the bosses have the best lines.

@peejay.

what we ought to be getting for 10k now costs 15k? well, im paying enoug bills already so i'll pass that one. cant afford so much for internet service.

but then i guess its better news for those who can spare 5k extra.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by sauwal: 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2008
so much has been said about MTN 3.5G data service,what about glo 3G plus data service,nobody made reference to it,just like some are comparing MTN with starcomms etc ,so how effective is it ? (glo data service)
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by peejay(m): 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2008
@ Ex-Inferis

its a pity we cant stand up for our right. but i believe in the near future, as competence increases, we will begin to take a closer look at what we are paying for, what we deserve and what we are getting. every nation goes through this phase, ours has just begun. But its amazing how some people will open their mouth and say "bross na so we see am o! wetin man go do?" i guess the military regime really put an iron zip on our mouth's which has affected everything, i remember when we planned to switch off our MTN lines for just 1day, 1DAY !!! how many people did it? this is something that we embarked upon for our own good, but it beats me to find out that some people don't know that they "DON'T KNOW" whats good!!!

abeg abeg abeg i no wan vex,

meanwhile for the subscription price, hehe bross, wetin man go do, 10k, 15k if i can get 4 - 7gig download in a day, i'm fine for now,

so has anyone confirmed it?
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by samir101ng(m): 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2008
sauwal:

so much has been said about MTN 3.5G data service,what about glo 3G plus data service,nobody made reference to it,just like some are comparing MTN with starcomms etc ,so how effective is it  ? (glo data service)

Sho, ma guy forget glo 3gplus. Glo have always tried to be the first when deploying any new technology as can be seen by their deployment of the first full fibre optic network in the country while other telecomm providers where using microwave technology. They where the firts also to bring mms and gprs browsing but mtn has now passed them in its use. Glo engineers suck at securing this advanced network which is why MTN always beats glo at successfully testing and deploying any new technology. Glo's 3gplus has poor network coverage and the service is not available at minimum acceptable standards of quality. So, bros  grin grin grin forget glo for now.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by ExInferis(m): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2008
samir101ng:

their deployment of the first full fibre optic network in the country while other telecomm providers where using microwave technology.

actually they all still use Microwave technology. the fibre optics form part of the backbone the purpose of which is upcountry/downcountry linkage. before the advent of the backbone (be it optic fibre or radio transceivers) satellite relay was used for up/down linkage. for example, a caller in kaduna wishing to place a call to someone in lagos would have their call relayed from the nearest base station i kaduna to a satellite transponder and down to the base station nearest the target receiver in lagos. this kind of setup is costly (transponder fees) and limited (one transponder can handle only around 400 simultaneous calls). that was why in the early days we had a higher frequency of dropped calls.

with Glo's fiber optics network crisscrossing the country calls are conveyed at the speed of light (since fiber optics employ light as signalling medium) to the base station nearest the target, while the microwave link serves as backup in case the FO fails. Mtn and the rest have a radio backbone (im not sure if MTN is currently deplying FO technology).

however the calling phone and receiving phone still rely on Microwave technology to communicate with cell towers, therefore MTN, Glo, Zain and Mtel stiill utilize radio waves.

but in terms of using fiber optics on backbone implementation, then yes Glo is ahead of the competition
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by flyuche(m): 10:58pm On Sep 10, 2008
glo seems to have technology and cash at their disposal, but their marketing and utilisation of this technology to gain customer satisfaction is poor. a simple thing as gprs activation is an issue for them. if they have deployed massively fibre optic cables, why are their tariffs not coming down? mtn makes everything simple.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by samir101ng(m): 12:00am On Sep 11, 2008
flyuche:

glo seems to have technology and cash at their disposal, but their marketing and utilisation of this technology to gain customer satisfaction is poor. a simple thing as gprs activation is an issue for them. if they have deployed massively fibre optic cables, why are their tariffs not coming down? mtn makes everything simple.

@ flyuche

God bless you my brother. May your MTN 3G card never lack airtime. May you have full bars for network and unlimited bandwidth for browsing. Amen. grin grin grin Thats my sentiments exactly. With all the money and technology they have, they should be no. 1.

@ Ex Inferis

Thanks for shedding a little more light, bro. Did you know that glo recently launched glo-1 their own private fibre optic connection alongside nitels sat3. But nobody is feeling this technology or even aware of it. And imagine glo being a SNO (Second National Operator) and MTN also recently launching their first landlines in ibadan with internet access as part of the package. But that is another topic for another day. Hey, have you reserved your etisalat no. yet ?
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by ExInferis(m): 10:24am On Sep 11, 2008
@samir101ng

welcome. but a word of caution: networks that make a big fanfare always turn out to disappoint. point proved with Glo, Mtel and Starcomms.

i only hope Etisalat doesnt go that route, though given their record in the UAE i have high hopes. i bet you their 3.75G will be cheaper (and hopefully better) than MTN's.

yes ive reserved a Silver number modelled after my already-special MTN number. cost is 5k.

you know, Etisalat's direct competitor is actually Zain. they've been slugging it out in the middle east (where they have arguably amomng the best telephony system in the world).

MTN will soon pack its bag.

Yellow is the color of cowardice.

@Flyuche

sometimes the best technology does not translate into efficiency and effectiveness. the key is proper utilization and not just deployment for deployment's sake. Glo lacks proper planning while MTN spends more money in adverts than in upgrades.

may God save us.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by jdoss: 11:48am On Sep 11, 2008
@ Samir101ng Glo has not launched glo-1, it has not even been completed. It is set to reach Ghana in may of 2009 and Nigeria soon after that. Mtn did just sign an MOU with a few telecoms companies to do a 5 Terrabyte submarine cable along the west coast of Africa. They already have the landing rights for Nigeria. 

@ Ex Inferis In regards to Etisalat's 3.75G network, they don't have a 3G license in Nigeria. There are only four Glo, Mtn, Zain, Alheri(sp?), so they can't compete with anyone in that regard.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by ExInferis(m): 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2008
jdoss:

@ Ex Inferis In regards to Etisalat's 3.75G network, they don't have a 3G license in Nigeria. There are only four Glo, Mtn, Zain, Alheri(sp?), so they can't compete with anyone in that regard.

Etisalat is the operating partner of Mubadala. Mubadala acquired a 15 year renewable Unified Access Service License for $400 million which uniquely contains license for 3G spectrum as well. The UASL, similar to the one the government ordered the NCC to grant to NigComSat, embodies mobile, fixed and data services. in the case of Mubadala, it includes the right to install and operate an international gateway.

Since Etisalat is operating on Mubadala's UASL, your argument then is erroneous.

do you really think such a high powered company that came into Nigeria during Obasanjo's time (infact the UASL is a diplomatic courtesy) since before the 3G auction wont pursue a 3G license given their huge investment in the 3G spectrum/technology in the middle east and other Afrcican countries they operate?

in any case the following is a snippet from the Etisalat website:

"Etisalat provides all types of telecom services in addition to cable TV service. Etisalat is currently moving to a 3G network and NGN concept in its infrastructure."

jdoss:

Etisalat is the operating partner of Mubadala. Mubadala acquired a 15 year renewable Unified Access Service License for $400 million which uniquely contains license for 3G spectrum as well. The UASL, similar to the one the government ordered the NCC to grant to NigComSat, embodies mobile, fixed and data services. in the case of Mubadala, it includes the right to install and operate an international gateway.

Since Etisalat is operating on Mubadala's UASL, your argument then is erroneous.

do you really think such a high powered company that came into Nigeria during Obasanjo's time (infact the UASL is a diplomatic courtesy) since before the 3G auction wont pursue a 3G license given their huge investment in the 3G spectrum/technology in the middle east and other Afrcican countries they operate?

"Etisalat provides all types of telecom services in addition to cable TV service. Etisalat is currently moving to a 3G network and NGN concept in its infrastructure."

jdoss:

jdoss:

jdoss:

jdoss:

etisalat(dot)careersnigeria(dot)com
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by jdoss: 2:19pm On Sep 11, 2008
I don't like to argue, you might be right. All I know is that everything I have read points towards Etisalat lobbying the government for a 3G license because it is integral to their plan. Most of the articles are no longer available on google news because it has been over one month. I was able to find a few:

http://www.globalinsight.com/SDA/SDADetail10560.htm

Specifically

"Besides, as mobile phone ownership becomes more commonplace, and people identify with their mobile numbers, the absence of mobile number portability in Nigeria means there is a hurdle to be overcome to convince users to ditch their former mobile numbers. Worse still, unless Etisalat teams up with a 3G player like Alheri Engineering, it may find it impossible to compete on data services and portraying itself as the "Hutchison Whampoa" of Nigeria (see Nigeria: 4 July 2007: Celtel Buckles Under Promotion Pressureand 21 March 2007: NCC Awards Four 3G Licences)."

also:

http://ictnewsnow..com/2008/08/telecoms-ncs-wants-government-to.html

Specifically

"While only Globacom and MTN have rolled out 3G services, Zain is yet to do so, while not much has been heard from Alheri on its plans to commence the service. However, Nigeria’s newest GSM Licensee, Etisalat has applied for the licence, stating that it was central to its plans for the Nigerian market in the future."

Like I said, you might be right, but based on what I have read, they don't seem to have the license.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by ExInferis(m): 2:42pm On Sep 11, 2008
@jdoss

you may also be right since the terms of the UASL did not specifically mention 3G in the license, only data services. however in 2006 the NCC made it apparent that the unification incorporates data service in the spectrum. mind you, mtn, glo etc bought their licenses outside of the UASL framework and indeed the UASL was designed to end the exclusivity of the three incumbent operators in terms of fixed and mobile services outside the GSM platform.

actually the true pioneer of 3G in nigeria is starcomms except theirs is CDMA and not GSM.

there are a number of articles that suggest Etisalat has 3G bundled into its unique license and i tend to believe that claim. it makes commercial sense since all services on the wireless platform are supposed to be fully incorporated into the UASL.

one can't expect the NCC to grant an international gateway license alongside a mobile data service license to Mubadala/etisalat and expect the operator to deploy old technology (gprs and EDGE).

in any case, i doubt that Etisalat will be moving its infrastructure to the 3G platform without having already secured a license. the way i understand it is that the license given Mubadala does away with piecemeal service roll out and subsequent license acquisition. what it does supposedly is to compact everything into one license, hence UNIFIED.

what ever the case, even if they dont have the license, its only a matter of time. they cant be competitive on any other ground.

maybe someone who knows best can clear the air.

cheers.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by ExInferis(m): 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2008
please forgive the duplicate posts above, it was due to network robs.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by samir101ng(m): 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2008
@ Ex Inferis

That your double post, pass double post. No be you dey tell seun make him charge N500 per post. grin grin grin grin Lol
On another note however, its very obvious that there is no international company that can successfully operate in nigeria without being affected by the "nigerian factor". So, Ex let us enjoy the quality service of Etisalat for a while before they are also infected by the naija virus and you start getting dropped calls. The buzz was just like when glo came out. New colours, new numbers, mms and mobile internet at fast speeds. But after a few years of hardknocks by the naija community, they don shine their eyes.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by ExInferis(m): 5:43pm On Sep 11, 2008
@samir101ng

Amen bro. the naija virus is very potent. CDMA, GSM and landphones still dont cut it. the truth is even walkie talkie are affected, just ask the naija police. ive seen policemen flashing each other with walkie talkies. grin

blame that quadruple post on MTn 3G. (actually its my wifi messing up again).
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by hancock(m): 7:28pm On Sep 12, 2008
hmm. . . . ive been using dis mtn free thingy 4 about 4 months on my 3.5G phone and my gprs packet data shows 33GB recieved. if i were to pay for this i wld have gone bankrupt grin grin ;d

Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by hancock(m): 7:28pm On Sep 12, 2008
hmm. . . . ive been using dis mtn free thingy 4 about 4 months on my 3.5G phone and my gprs packet data shows 33GB recieved. if i were to pay for this i wld have gone bankrupt grin grin ;d

Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by otokx(m): 5:36pm On Sep 15, 2008
@hancock, which phone/handset is that?
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by hancock(m): 9:13am On Sep 16, 2008
nokia 6120c. . . . . simply classic grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

USA Used HP Elite Book 8460 core i5 For Sale. / 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced / Surf The Web Anonymously!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.