Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

A Must Read. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Must Read. (3701 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Must Read. by Ijiji1(m): 11:35pm On Jul 23, 2008
@ Queenisha,

Thanks for the you-tube clips, it was very educational and sad. I pray the almighty will forgive Gowan, the English and the Nigerian military for what the did to those poor women and children. cry
Re: A Must Read. by SeanT21(f): 12:55am On Jul 24, 2008
Ijiji1:

@ Queenisha,

Thanks for the you-tube clips, it was very educational and sad. I pray the almighty will forgive Gowan, the English and the Nigerian military for what the did to those poor women and children. cry

God always forgives.
Re: A Must Read. by Ijiji1(m): 1:21am On Jul 24, 2008
SeanT21 is that you shocked I'd not seen you in a while, I was hoping your shadow did not drive you away from NL.
Re: A Must Read. by SeanT21(f): 1:32am On Jul 24, 2008
i am still here and alive.

Have You found your african queen?
Re: A Must Read. by princessk1: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2008
this book must b highly biased,
u people should go and read atrue account of the war
Re: A Must Read. by princessk1: 9:27am On Jul 25, 2008
no one is innocent here. the igbos equally kill hausas all the time in the east, der it is even worse because once you are a northerner u r not spared,even the christian ones get killed, atleast in the north they jus kill the non muslims,

in the east it is ethnic in the north it is religious,go research ur facts.anger onlt aggravates our problems.
Re: A Must Read. by Ijiji1(m): 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2008
princess k:

no one is innocent here. the igbos equally kill hausas all the time in the east, der it is even worse because once you are a northerner you're not spared,even the christian ones get killed, atleast in the north they jus kill the non muslims,

in the east it is ethnic in the north it is religious,go research your facts.anger onlt aggravates our problems.

You must be smoking some very good weed from Mexico. angry
Re: A Must Read. by princessk1: 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2008
t
Ijiji1:

You must be smoking some very good weed from Mexico. angry

watever! belive it or not thats ur problem.
besides let the igbos go and stay in their states now and leave the north if they can,better stil they should try biafra again and see if they will eat.
Re: A Must Read. by chyz(m): 4:36pm On Jul 27, 2008
@ princess k
Re: A Must Read. by Planner(m): 6:41pm On Jul 27, 2008
If igbos leave the north the hausaa will die of VVF, leprosy and polio.
Re: A Must Read. by princessk1: 12:30pm On Jul 28, 2008
chyz:

@ princess k

Yeah and if we Igbos leave the north y'all won't be eating.and Igbos do not kill the same amount as northerners do(check your facts).Besides yall are always the ones who start the killing.
Planner:

If igbos leave the north the hausaa will die of VVF, leprosy and polio.
very funny decieve your selves, you must be living in a cave, do you even go to school in the east? igbo people in the north are spare parts dealers not doctors.we have food in abundance we rule Nigeria no igbo can be president. go and rest, if u dont like the north leave and let ur girls stop chasing hausa men for money.
Re: A Must Read. by Planner(m): 4:47pm On Jul 28, 2008
very funny decieve your selves, you must be living in a cave, do you even go to school in the east? igbo people in the north are spare parts dealers not doctors.we have food in abundance we rule Nigeria no igbo can be president. go and rest, if u don't like the north leave and let your girls stop chasing hausa men for money

Yeah!Yeah! Yeah! Igbos are traders. WE know. But the "traders" who wrote jamb in Imo state alone last year is more than the entire northersn who wrote jamb.

Hausas are smarter than cows
Re: A Must Read. by princessk1: 5:12pm On Jul 28, 2008
Planner:

Yeah!Yeah! Yeah! Igbos are traders. WE know. But the "traders" who wrote jamb in Imo state alone last year is more than the entire northersn who wrote jamb.

Hausas are smarter than cows

how old are you dear?
Re: A Must Read. by Planner(m): 5:37pm On Jul 28, 2008
how old are you dear?

I am as old as General Sani Abacha when he was poisoned.
Re: A Must Read. by chyz(m): 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2008
@ prince k
princess k:

very funny decieve your selves, you must be living in a cave, do you even go to school in the east? igbo people in the north are spare parts dealers not doctors.we have food in abundance we rule Nigeria no igbo can be president. go and rest, if u don't like the north leave and let your girls stop chasing hausa men for money.
Re: A Must Read. by Ijiji1(m): 7:03am On Jul 29, 2008
All I can say is if not for the Igbos a lot of areas in the north would still be in the stone age.
Re: A Must Read. by darfur(m): 6:34pm On Jul 29, 2008
Planner:

I am as old as General Sani Abacha when he was poisoned.

beware of apples.
keep away from prostitues, especially if they are from india
watch out for any suspicious CIA moves

all the best wink
Re: A Must Read. by Planner(m): 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2008
@princess k,

How come you are literate and u can use the internet? Wow the noetherners have come of age.
Re: A Must Read. by Ijiji1(m): 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2008
Planner:

@princess k,

How come you are literate and u can use the internet? Wow the noetherners have come of age.

grin grin grin that's mean
Re: A Must Read. by RichyBlacK(m): 8:37am On Jul 30, 2008
princess k:

t
watever! believe it or not thats your problem.
besides let the igbos go and stay in their states now and leave the north if they can,better stil they should try biafra again and see if they will eat.

@princess k,
You're a complete and proper fool!
Re: A Must Read. by Feministic(f): 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2008
I recently started a thread on Adichie, I love HOAYS, very well written, honest and revealing. grin
Re: A Must Read. by AmakaOne(f): 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2008
I just finished reading that book last week and I was very depressed when I finished reading it.

You should also read

"Destination Biafra" by Buchi Emecheta

It gives a pretty full perspective of what happened during the Biafra War also in a story like format.
Re: A Must Read. by slimfine(f): 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2008
I just ordered The Half of Yellow Sun from amazon for $8.00 and hopefully it will be as good as you people said.
Re: A Must Read. by blissfullynaughty: 2:43am On Dec 28, 2008
There is no topic that can make an Igbo person froth in the mouth as much as Biafra and its war. Make una cool temper. LOL.
Re: A Must Read. by IGWEUSA(m): 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2008
Ndi be anyi, ka anyi kpo ihe niile bere na abali anwuisi (mosquito)

Onye chukwu chiri eze, ochi go ya 4 life

Finally after the war, IGBOs are still the leader in all aspects****** in education, business etc

Where are the Hausas? they are still rearing their cows. They contribute nothing to the world.

IGbo sons and daughters like PHILIP EMEAGWALI, speaks more about what we represent.

********* Ndi igbo, udo diri unu niile************* cry
Re: A Must Read. by okunoba(m): 1:51pm On Dec 29, 2008
I read the book myself, it`s funny how we humans can see the same thing differently. The book only confirmed my suspicions about the motive of the war. lust for power. If the reason for war was to protect Ibo`s, then I think it could have been done without going to war. Mass killings still takes place in Nigeria today, should we break up and start a war because of it? Gowan and Ojukwu could have sat down and worked out a security plan together to protect the lives and properties of Ibo`s that were being killed in the North. The govt sent the army to jos this year to stop the mass killings that was taking place there. Going to war only got more people killed on both sides. War is a terrible thing and there is no doubt some evil acts were carried out on both sides. But typical humans, we only see what we want to see. To understand the Biafran war we need to remove our ethnic alliance and just be human. When we look at things based on ethnic alliance it becomes difficult to be objective and fair in our judgement. It`s very important for black Africans to grow out of their ethnic shell and embrace human solidarity. The world is coming together, we are the last ones still stuck in the dark ages of tribal alliance. So sad that we the younger generation with all our exposure to the modern world, are Still making the same mistakes as our parents, spreading ethnic hate and bigotry.
Re: A Must Read. by okunoba(m): 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2008
Dear PRINCES K, u know an Ibo man will someday be the president of Nigeria, it`s inevitable. I only hope the person will do a good job and make Nigeria a better place that we can all be proud of, something that as so far eluded all former presidents.
Re: A Must Read. by NegroNtns(m): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2008
@Post,

I have not read this book but now that I am aware I will get a copy. Until I have read the book it will be difficult for me to express my view on the issue. However, going by the numerous responses I must ask. . . after all these repeated persecutions (as the Igbo people believe), why do you still react to the violence in the North or anywhere else? You must resolve to be the agressor and not the victim. You be the one that start the shyit, and not the one taking it. Go proactive with terror. cool
Re: A Must Read. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2008
If you an Igbo man or woman and you've not read the book Half Of A Yellow Sun by Ngozi Adichie, please hurry to Amazon.com or wherever you get your books and pick up a copy. The used one is less that $10.00 very cheap if you ask me. The book is the the most captivating book I've ever read trust me. I just finished reading mine and seriously I don't know if I can ever face a Hausa person without hate spilling out of my veins.
So why should we read it?
Are you advocating hate for Hausa people?
How many tribes will you ppl hate? If not Yoruba today, then hausa tomor.
Nonsense undecided
Re: A Must Read. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 29, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

@Post,

I have not read this book but now that I am aware I will get a copy. Until I have read the book it will be difficult for me to express my view on the issue. However, going by the numerous responses I must ask. . . after all these repeated persecutions (as the Igbo people believe), why do you still react to the violence in the North or anywhere else? You must resolve to be the agressor and not the victim. You be the one that start the shyit, and not the one taking it. Go proactive with terror. cool
rotflmao cheesy grin cheesy
Re: A Must Read. by IGWEUSA(m): 7:00am On Dec 30, 2008
So why should we read it?
Are you advocating hate for Hausa people?
How many tribes will you people hate? If not Yoruba today, then hausa tomor.
Nonsense undecided

[quote][/quote]

@ Toyinrayo

Mumu !!! Will U force him to like the hausas or yourbas if he choses not to? angry
Re: A Must Read. by okunoba(m): 1:00am On Dec 31, 2008
IGWE USA,
ur mind set as got to change. It`s too full of hate and anger, beyond reason. I learned to accept and appreciate all of god`s children in America, please do the same. Let Obama inspire us towards unity and love for our fellow human beings. If he was bitter and full of anger he wouldn`t be the leader of the world today. Hate gets us nowhere, it only breeds hate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sodomites & Homosexuals (Is There A Distinct Cultural Political Difference?) / Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here / Somalis Rated #5 Best Looking People On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.