Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,468 members, 7,812,429 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

A Must Read. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Must Read. (3700 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Must Read. by H2O2: 1:14am On Dec 31, 2008
Super!
He wants us to read a book because it makes him hateful.
Re: A Must Read. by Nobody: 3:11am On Dec 31, 2008
IGWE_USA:

@ Toyinrayo
Mumu !!! Will U force him to like the hausas or yourbas if he choses not to? angry
Gosh, shut the hell up undecided

So bleeping annoying undecided
Re: A Must Read. by lucabrasi(m): 3:55am On Dec 31, 2008
okunoba:

I read the book myself, it`s funny how we humans can see the same thing differently. The book only confirmed my suspicions about the motive of the war. lust for power. If the reason for war was to protect Ibo`s, then I think it could have been done without going to war. Mass killings still takes place in Nigeria today, should we break up and start a war because of it? Gowan and Ojukwu could have sat down and worked out a security plan together to protect the lives and properties of Ibo`s that were being killed in the North. The govt sent the army to jos this year to stop the mass killings that was taking place there. Going to war only got more people killed on both sides. War is a terrible thing and there is no doubt some evil acts were carried out on both sides. But typical humans, we only see what we want to see. To understand the Biafran war we need to remove our ethnic alliance and just be human. When we look at things based on ethnic alliance it becomes difficult to be objective and fair in our judgement. It`s very important for black Africans to grow out of their ethnic shell and embrace human solidarity. The world is coming together, we are the last ones still stuck in the dark ages of tribal alliance. So sad that we the younger generation with all our exposure to the modern world, are Still making the same mistakes as our parents, spreading ethnic hate and bigotry.
dude,spot on!!you have summed the peculiarity of the nigerian problem up
and thats the underlying problem we have in nigeria, everything always has to have a tribal tinge to it,while no sane person will stand up to say the ibos were not done a raw deal or totally ignore the awful loss of lives and properties,i think its about time to stop playing the victim and move on, the jews moved on and made a sucess of themselves after 6 million dead and their money,gold,precious stones e.t.c being used as the foundation of swiss banking that we know today.
Re: A Must Read. by IGWEUSA(m): 9:14am On Jan 01, 2009
okunoba:

IGWE USA,
ur mind set as got to change. It`s too full of hate and anger, beyond reason. I learned to accept and appreciate all of god`s children in America, please do the same. Let Obama inspire us towards unity and love for our fellow human beings. If he was bitter and full of anger he wouldn`t be the leader of the world today. Hate gets us nowhere, it only breeds hate.

@ Okunoba
       I can see that the truth irritates you a lot.  Things can only be better when we say the truth and correct/denounce our mistakes.

Did you listen to the 1st speech Barack Obama gave when the Jeremiah wright saga brokeout?
      If you didnt, then let me summarise it for you in two sentences.
[1] As a politician, he defended himself, "saying he wasnt in the church when his pastor made those comments."
[2]  He established a  common ground by denouncing those statements, on the otherhand supported his pastor.

But why did he still support his pastor?
      Because he understands what it is to be a black and it is no crime to speak against those forces. He Obama even alluded to what his white grandmama use to tell him about black people.

And  for you to label me as a hater because I challenge the  views of Igbo haters and killers is absurd.  angry angry
Re: A Must Read. by otokx(m): 12:54pm On Jan 01, 2009
Its good to know your history but this book seems to instigate hatred and should not be promoted in that manner. There are lots of good people in every tribe in every nation. That crisis as is most of them is always to benefit few at the expense of the ignorant and unassuming majority. Lets live as one.
Re: A Must Read. by okunoba(m): 8:17pm On Jan 01, 2009
@UGWE-USA

I am not irritated by truth, what u say is not truth but bias statements. U do not speak as a black man but as an Ndigbo. We are all one people lets look beyond ethnicity. Love will conquer.
Re: A Must Read. by H2O2: 10:12pm On Jan 01, 2009
i av just bai the book for one omo ibo as chrismas gift
Re: A Must Read. by effizy27: 9:56am On Jul 20, 2010
CHECK OUT EFFIZY 'DEUCES REMIX" ON YOUTUBE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sodomites & Homosexuals (Is There A Distinct Cultural Political Difference?) / Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here / Somalis Rated #5 Best Looking People On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.