Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking (1591 Views)

Nigeria Moves Two Places Up In Latest FIFA Ranking. / FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World / Nigeria Drop Kanu And Yobo For Paraguay Friendly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by write2obi(m): 3:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
The Super Eagles remain fourth in Africa despite
dropping to the thirty-sixth position in the world
Nigeria’s senior national team has dropped three places
to 36th in the latest Fifa world ranking released on
Thursday despite not losing any of their two games in
the month under review.
The African champions were adjudged the 33rd best
football playing team in the world according to the
ranking released earlier in October.
Meanwhile Cote d’Ivoire remain at the summit of African
football with 918 points which put them in the 17
position in the world while Ghana retained their 24
spot in the world and second in Africa.
Algeria took the third spot on the continent after
amassing 800 points which places them in the 26
spot in the world.
However, the Ethiopian national team that lost to the
Super Eagles on both legs of the Fifa World Cup
qualifying play-offs moved two places up the ladder.
South Africa could not gain from their 1-0 friendly win
over Spain last week after Fifa ruled the match out of
its ranking profile following the world champions' use of
a seventh substitution in the game. Bafana remain in
61st spot

www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2013/11/28/4439501/nigeria-drop-to-36th-in-latest-fifa-ranking

But the way FIFA do there ranking eeh! #no comment
-X
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by joromi: 3:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
Are they mad ni....
With all the achievements....

Mtchew
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by write2obi(m): 3:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
joromi: Are they mad ni....
With all the achievements....

Mtchew
I was really expecting a massive up, This their ranking is gradually losing its credibility.
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by weazley(m): 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
when nigeria was so highly placed on the world rankin u didnt knw then dat somtin was wrong wit their brains abi?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by Sard(m): 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
One of the many reasons why FIFA should never be taken serious when it comes ranking .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by write2obi(m): 4:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
weazley: when nigeria was so highly placed on the world rankin u didnt knw then dat somtin was wrong wit their brains abi?
can you on be half of FIFA justify why we moved backwards despite having an impressive spell.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by write2obi(m): 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sard: One of the many reasons why FIFA should never be taken serious when it comes ranking .

yea, considering the fact that a team as awful as England are well placed in the ranking.
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by busterr(m): 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
That sepp blatter man is clearly a dope head! Is it a plot to put us in a tough group?? Time to pray pls i no wan gamble with this world cup oo i swear
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by Adrenaline123(m): 4:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sard: One of the many reasons why FIFA should never be taken serious when it comes ranking .
Seconded

imagine: Bosnia-Herzegovina 21st positon, abeg who don hear this name before?
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by adegwurulez(m): 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
Una no hear when sepp blatter say e get him own preference?
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by Sard(m): 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
Yeah, the ranking is a joke, even Uruguay that needed to beat Jordan in a playoff before qualifying for world cup is ahead of the ever-blazing Netherlands. Such a joke!
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by safarigirl(f): 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
it's apparent Blatter and crew have it in for us, even if we win the WC we'll still drop in THEIR ranking.

FIFA ranking has been nothing but glorified cr.ap since the 21st century began
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by write2obi(m): 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
Colombia at 4th
Switzerland at 8th
Greece at 12th
England at 13th
USA at 14th
Chile at 15th

I don't see the above team beating us

this ranking is a joke

Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by azeeza(f): 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
Your signature sha, but what if SK invites him based on his performance before the worldcup. Ideye is lucky to be in the squad, i guess becos of the deflected goal he scored against the malians during AFCON.
safarigirl: it's apparent Blatter and crew have it in for us, even if we win the WC we'll still drop in THEIR ranking.

FIFA ranking has been nothing but glorified cr.ap since the 21st century began
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by illflows: 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
The SE can comfortablily beat 80% of the teams with higher rankings.
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by weazley(m): 10:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
write2obi:
can you on be half of FIFA justify why we moved backwards despite having an impressive spell.
simple, every other team must climb up d fifa ladder too, weda they play fantastic or not.
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 29, 2013
Good ranking, FIFA.
I'm happy to see Chile and Ecuador doing well.
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by safarigirl(f): 7:52am On Nov 29, 2013
write2obi: Colombia at 4th
Switzerland at 8th
Greece at 12th
England at 13th
USA at 14th
Chile at 15th

I don't see the above team beating us

this ranking is a joke
lol, even Cape Verde that failed to make the play-offs has increased.

@ azeez, Osaze has no business with WC, except as a spectator, shikena!
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by Sard(m): 7:56am On Nov 29, 2013
safarigirl:
@ azeez, Osaze has no business with WC, except as a spectator, shikena!
Honestly, Osaze will be a better replacement for Ideye & Musa, those two have nothing to do in the SE.
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by naijanoni(m): 8:07am On Nov 29, 2013
Guys i was blaming FIFA for cheating before,but i went to their site to read how the ranking points are calculated.I discovered that the ranking points are given based on the average of the total points gained in a four year period(Nov.2009-Nov.2013).
So i guess it is poor results from past years(mainly 2010 and 2011) that is keeping us down.Even if we had beaten italy,we would have moved up only a little(maybe 1 step) or remained in the same position we were.
If the ranking was based on points gained ONLY this year nigeria would be like 21st in d world.
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by crazygod(m): 8:27am On Nov 29, 2013
Rubbish ranking from a biased organisation. Even italy that we gave tough time and drew with in the last friendly went up. Nonsense. I dey vez sef.
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by safarigirl(f): 10:11am On Nov 29, 2013
Sard: Honestly, Osaze will be a better replacement for Ideye & Musa, those two have nothing to do in the SE.
Uche would make a better replacement than Osaze if those 2 must be replaced. Nobody is against the replacement of Musa and Ideye, but why should we replace them with Osaze of ALL people?
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by write2obi(m): 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sard: Honestly, Osaze will be a better replacement for Ideye & Musa, those two have nothing to do in the SE.
musa is a lyfwire and should not only be in the squard but should have a starting shirt, his final ball might be lacking, but he'll keep any defender busy for the whole 90mins.
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by Sard(m): 1:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
@safarigirl... yeah, Uche is a good choice. @write2obi... what's the essence of disturbing the defense when your delivery will be horrible?
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by khattab02: 3:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
write2obi:
Gbaam! On point.
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by Afam4eva(m): 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
What's the name of that country that beta us recently in a friendly? I think our loss in that match is responsible for this.
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by safarigirl(f): 10:25am On Nov 30, 2013
Afam4eva: What's the name of that country that beta us recently in a friendly? I think our loss in that match is responsible for this.
you mean Jordan? Technically that wasn't an International friendly since we used a home-based team and how can one loss by a slight margin have more effect than a 2-nil win and a 2-all draw against a top team like Italy? Did Italy also drop due to their endless draws?
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by fatdon2(m): 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
I Hope I Know What Am Doing

Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
Uruguay 6th in the world?

LMAO

I hope they seed Uruguay and put naija in their group!
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by Afam4eva(m): 10:09am On Dec 01, 2013
safarigirl: you mean Jordan? Technically that wasn't an International friendly since we used a home-based team and how can one loss by a slight margin have more effect than a 2-nil win and a 2-all draw against a top team like Italy? Did Italy also drop due to their endless draws?
A team is a team in FIFA's dictionary. Even if you use Enyimba players to play for Nigeria against any team, it still counts as NIgeria.
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by write2obi(m): 10:23am On Dec 02, 2013
fatdon2: I Hope I Know What Am Doing

LMAO this is f**king priceless
Re: Nigeria Drop To 36th In Latest Fifa Ranking by Psychedelia(m): 12:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
Oops...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sports News: Arsenal Theo Walcott Out For Six Months / Top Assists In Europe / Download Burnley 1-3 Chelsea Highlights [BPL 2014/15 Season]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.