Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,982 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 (6714 Views)

Make Una Come Help Me Oooooo!!! Honda Element Or Kia Soul? / Camry 99 Or Corolla 2003? / Honda Accord '99 auto trans issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by GenWOJUOLA(m): 11:28am On Nov 29, 2013
Go for d accord joor, i would never go for a used kia, dey re more of scraps than vehicles!!! Except if d kia is in a better working condition!
Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by andymofia(m): 11:30am On Nov 29, 2013
[quote author=MeAgain][/quote]

2006 Kia Rio is extremely yeye with non responsive airbags issues frequently reported.

1999 Honda Accord (purpularly known as baby boy) is better in all ramifications.

Do you need more explanations? If yes, google is your friend.
Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by kingschild123(m): 11:37am On Nov 29, 2013
Honda Accord 1999

Pros - Tight handling, good interior quality, good city & gas mileage

Cons - Transmission problems, engine problems, door molding issues

Kia Rio 2006

Pros - Good fuel economy,good looks, smooth ride,roomy for a compact car.

Cons - No cruise control, wimpy small car horn,annoying seat belt warning and I do mean annoying.
Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by MPEROR: 11:43am On Nov 29, 2013
ONCE you buy the honda accord maintain the transmission, change the timing belt , change the oil every 3000 mile your son will drive it after you buy another honda
Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by Eyop: 11:48am On Nov 29, 2013
elektra77:

You are very wrong on that. First why would someone compare a full sized family sedan like 1999 Honda Accord with a compact car like Kia Rio? Try comparing Kia Rio with Honda City, even though the City might be better but the comparison would be fairer. In terms of fuel economy, Kia Rio wins because of its small engine but that's about it. It can't stand the Accord in terms of handling, aesthetics, power, luxury and every other aspect. But I disagree when u said Honda can't be compared to Kia. In the Past Kia have made terrible cars, but i can tell u that a 2010 Honda Accord and a 2010 Kia Optimum are not too far away in comparison. The 2010 Optimum matches it in most aspects. I use a Honda Accord but recently Honda cars have not been as reliable as they were in the past, its just not easy for loyal customers to jump ship. Kia and Hyundai are now making cars that match Toyota and Honda and its only a matter of time before people realize. You want to talk about luxury? Can u name an Acura that matches the Kia Quoris (K9) in terms of luxury?

My brother forget all about the long stories. why am i very wrong? Like i said it's my own opinion and you are entitled to yours so you can continue to drive your Kia model by model i don't care. I am not even a fan of Korea cars so God will never give me what my heart doesn't desire. In terms of ASIA brand of cars,the Japanese still stands out for me. I am a fan of German rides and the Mercedes to be precised because they have a standard.

Create a thread and sample opinions from people about KIA or a Honda then we all we know who's wrong not to even mention the German brand of rides.
Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by andymofia(m): 11:57am On Nov 29, 2013
Eyop:

My brother forget all about the long stories. why am i very wrong? Like i said it's my own opinion and you are entitled to yours so you can continue to drive your Kia model by model i don't care. I am not even a fan of Korea cars so God will never give me what my heart doesn't desire. In terms of ASIA brand of cars,the Japanese still stands out for me. I am a fan of German rides and the Mercedes to be precised because they have a standard.

Create a thread and sample opinions from people about KIA or a Honda then we all we know who's wrong not to even mention the German brand of rides.

Lol, don't mind him jare. No be only kIA, na KAI
Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by Eyop: 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
elektra77:

Don't get me wrong bro. I'm not a fan of Korea cars either. You are generalizing things by saying a Honda can never be compared to a Kia. They both can't stand the technologies the German cars have. I know Honda is a better brand than the Kia but in more recent cars the gap is not so wide like u made it look. I don't need to open a thread about it because we already know most people will choose Honda over Kia because people (especially Nigerians) are afraid to try something new. You can't expect someone to hustle so hard to save money to buy a car. That person would not want to take the risk of buying something that is unproven like the Kia. But if u ask me to choose between a 2008 Honda City and 2008 Kia Optima I will choose the Kia without blinking. Yes they are not in the same class but that nullifies ur claim that a honda can never be compared to a Kia of any class.

The reason why am generalising is because Honda has a greater advantage over a kia and the percentage rating is like 70:30 and even in an election,the majority carries the vote. Also i mentioned that it's my own opinion so i see no reason why you will just tell me that i am very wrong.

E.g: Drive a Kia Optima for 3years and also drive the Honda city you mentioned for 3years,put both cars for sale and you will know what i am talking about. The Kia doesn't have a second hand value and sincerely if you are to use a Kia actively(Travelling interstate atleast once a month) it won't serve you well like the Honda.

So if you want to compare,do so with the same Engine specification because even the price wouldn't be the same. Atleast 4 people that i know including my brother who bought a brand new Kia Rio said he will NEVER drive a Kia again. So i don't just say things for the fun of saying.

In conclusion i may detest what you like and you may detest mine.
Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by Exponental(m): 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
Since they are not new, so many other factors will be considered before buying a car. Get a mechanic who is not attached to brand to analyse n give u his opinion based on mechanism.
Betterstill, ignore our comments n follow ur heart.
Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by andymofia(m): 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
Exponental: Since they are not new, so many other factors will be considered before buying a car. Get a mechanic who is not attached to brand to analyse n give u his opinion based on mechanism.
Betterstill, ignore our comments n follow ur heart.

Can one ever find a mechanic who is not attached to a car brand? Except he is not human.
Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by adeshina86: 1:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
kia is fuel economical, but parts r expensive...yl honda parts r cheap but gear na problem o
Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by bayol2001: 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
puff puff yato si donut....
Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by crackhouse(m): 8:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
jendonro: please, I need your advice about Honda Accord 99 and Kia Rio 2006. Both are fairly used. Which one should I go for. Urgent advice is needed. Thanks
u better buy the car now before we go enter next year because the owner no go sell am the same price in 2014.
Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by LBT: 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
Honda is far better than kia of any type and year; why would someone go for a Kia, vehicles that's look like a prototype? Almost all the kia you see on Nigerian roads are leased, hire purchased, won on lottery or given out to distributors etc. If the 2 brands are the only choice you have better pick the honda before you start regretting buying a kia.
Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by jendonro: 9:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
Thanks, I really appreciate you all for your contributions, explanation, and advices. I will follow my heart and take my brain with it grin grin grin. Am really greatful
Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 01, 2013
I'm not keen on Kia, regardless of age. Im not a Japmobile fan either, but in this instance, I would gladly choose a 10-year-old Honda Accord over a 2-year-old Kia Rio.

I have worked for Kia, and though their recent models look great, the quality of interior materials is still poor. Creaks, rattles etc are still an issue. I wouldn't own one, I'd rather buy a Bus Pass than spend my money on a Kia Rio. The Kia Rio is garbage. This is just my own opinion, others will have their own opinions, which they're entitled to.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rav4 L Or J / Please Guys Help Me. Camry 2003 And 2005, Which One Is Better? / About Paying For This Car Kindly Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.