Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole (20048 Views)

Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal / Governor Oshiomhole And Wife Iara / A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by nairaarea: 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
My dear Comrade Governor, we do appreciate your sincere attempts at keeping Edo State clean. But sometimes, a little mercy works more than brute force. You told a poor widow to "go and die, because she flouted your rules against hawking on the road? If not that I watched that video, I would not have believed it...

She begged and begged and begged... Don't forget, we all are at God's mercy.

Please temper justice with mercy in exercising your duties. Please...

May God assist you in your daily discharge of this onerous responsibility. Amen

Rev. Fr. Kevin Anetor.

https://www.facebook.com/Chillouty2j/posts/722451441118035?comment_id=7802859&offset=0&total_comments=30&notif_t=feed_comment_reply

13 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by collynzo2(m): 10:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
What a miserable letter.

13 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by igbeke: 11:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
quite pathetic. more pathetic is dat most APC e-warriors are already disowning him.
somtims i wonder wat life wud hv bn wud hav bn without God's mercy.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by igbeke: 11:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
collynzo2: What a miserable letter.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by igbeke: 11:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by bloggernaija: 12:12am On Nov 29, 2013
Widow or no widow.
The instructions/rules/ law was simple enough.
Why can't Nigerians obey simple instructions?
Why do we behave like animal?

From overloaded lorries,
To drunk unlicensed driver,
To roadside traders encroaching on the highway ,
Siren blaring bigman aka stupid politicians.

The next minute ,they will start complaining about bad government disregarding the fact that the government is mirroring our own personal bad behaviour.

Poverty is not an excuse.
Neither should the law develop eyes because she is a WIDOW.

The government is doing the job it was elected to do and our
Uncivilised people are talking about MERCY .
Yes ,the language was bad
But he had to personally set an example.

MY TAKE IS THAT NIGERIANS ARE SO ISED TO LAWLESSNES THAT IT HAS BECOME THE BEW NORMAL.

NOW FOR THOSE WHO ARE IGNORANT OF THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE WESTERN REGION AND THE MIDWEST,
WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,
THIS WOMAN HAVE BEEN CHARGED TO COURT ,HEAVILY FINED AND HER GOODS SIEZED .
WHEN DID IT BECOME A CRIME TO ENFORCE THE LAW?

40 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by excell12go(m): 4:17am On Nov 29, 2013
bloggernaija: Widow or no widow.

From overloaded lorries,

The next minute ,they will start complaining about bad government disregarding the fact that the government is mirroring our own personal bad behaviour.

MY TAKE IS THAT NIGERIANS ARE SO ISED TO LAWLESSNES THAT IT HAS BECOME THE BEW NORMAL.

NOW FOR THOSE WHO ARE IGNORANT OF THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE WESTERN REGION AND THE MIDWEST,
WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

O.M.G!! Why are you so heartless

11 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by agbameta: 4:34am On Nov 29, 2013

From overloaded lorries,

WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

Very well said..

The crybabies, law breakers and slum lovers can cry as much as they want.... who cares? They all are backward, unruly, uncultured and anti social people.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by bloggernaija: 5:03am On Nov 29, 2013
excell12go:

O.M.G!! Why are you so heartless

Heartless?
No,
I am a lover of law and order and,
There is an economic side to this argument.
What about the widow who borrowed money from loan sharks to rent a shop at a ridiculous interest rate,pays taxes and is being undercut ?
People selling illegally by the roadside are daily undercutting those inside the market and car parks.
While those in the market pay daily taxes used to build roads ,bridges etc,
Those highway hustlers just get a free lunch.
A society without enforced rules and laws will simply whither and die.
The old Wild West around Texas had vengeance laws back in the days.
You kill my father , I kill you full stop.
The laws may look barbaric now but they were good enough to enforce order.
The choice of words by the governor was bad.
All agreed .
But his action was right on the dough .
THE LAW SIMPLY HAS TO BE BLIND.
you cannot take your jagbanjatise to the middle of Times Square and trlalsfagar square and start frying akara.
MY BET IS YOUR BUTTS WILL BE FRYING THAT AKARA IN LONG ISLAND PRISON BEFORE THE END OF THE NIGHT.

The lack of law and order is responsible for the present state of the country.
People pick and chose which laws to obey and which laws to break.
What is the difference between this woman and igbinedion.
If you are confortable with this civil crime ,then you are confortable with more serious crimes.
This is the very reason why igbinedion walked away with a slap on the wrist and ,
You are advocating the same for this woman.
You know the reason why nigeria is shitas?

YOU

28 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by king94(m): 5:23am On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta:

Very well said..

The crybabies, law breakers and slum lovers can cry as much as they want.... who cares? They all are backward, unruly, uncultured and anti social people.
Guy, I lyk APC but dat doesn't mean I shuld alwaiz support them. U accuse Sincere9gerian of being a stooge of GEJ but u ar slowly turning to one urself. Wot d woman did woz wrong but it would not hurt to show some compassion. My faith tells me dat u should correct with love(evn to the least of the society).

8 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by king94(m): 5:28am On Nov 29, 2013
bloggernaija:

I am not heartless ,
I get buzzed every now and again by pals with problem and who need cash to survive.
Those mates of mine are probably a 100 times better off than this woman.
But I still understand the depravity she is going through.
However,
A society without enforced rules and laws will simply whither and die.
The old Wild West around Texas had vengeance laws back in the days.
The laws may look barbaric now but they were good enough to enforce order.
The choice of words by the governor was bad.
All agreed .
But his action was right on the dough .
THE LAW SIMPLY HAS TO BE BLIND.
you cannot take your jagbanjatise to the middle of Times Square and trlalsfagar square and start frying akara.
MY BET IS YOUR BUTTS WILL BE FRYING THAT AKARA IN LONG ISLAND PRISON BEFORE THE END OF THE NIGHT.

The lck of law and order is responsible for the present state of the country.
What is the difference between this woman and igbinedion.
If you are confortable with this civil crime ,then you are confortable with more serious crimes.
This is the very reason why igbinedion walked away with a slap on the wrist and ,
You are advocating the same for this woman.
You know the reason why nigeria is shitas?

YOU
I'm a teenager and I refuse to take blame for the wrongdoings of our leaders. We elect them to serve us but they all decide to loot us dry. All politicians ar the same. Nigeria is s.hit because we hv thieves in positions of authority.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Kanwulia: 5:30am On Nov 29, 2013
If you were in a CIVILIZED foreign country. . . will you flout the laws of the land and tell the world you are a 'WIDOW'? grin
Who gives a phock if you are a widow or JESUS CHRIST?
In as much as I do not like A.O. in his infinite UGLINESS multiplied by the highest power. . . .NIGERIANS SHOULD BE DISGRACED MORE OFTEN TO THE GREATEST DEPTHS OF HUMILITY(if they are capable of such feelings)

All I can see is the over-killing of a fly with a sledge-hammer. . . . !

Only in a 10TH WORLD dungeon of a country will you see such low-grade theatrics!
Boring SHYTE!!!!

O HOLY-NWENJE REVEREND. . . do yAsEf a favor and SHAT THE PHACK UP! kiss

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by mumumugu(m): 7:37am On Nov 29, 2013

From overloaded lorries,

WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

go and die

25 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Omexonomy: 7:51am On Nov 29, 2013
Nobody is saying the widow was right, at worst oshiomole should just ignore her and move on.
The guy just want to show himself.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by tyson99(m): 7:58am On Nov 29, 2013
I no go talk

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by JulianBond007: 7:59am On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta:

Very well said..

If it were to be Fashola, do you think he would have told the woman "go and die" just like Oshiomole did? Stop being a hypocrite and a sadist!

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by luvinhubby(m): 8:05am On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta:

Very well said..

Sadism is an integral part of the nomenclature of APC and you have just exhibited such here undecided

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by luvinhubby(m): 8:08am On Nov 29, 2013
Omexonomy: Nobody is saying the widow was right, at worst oshiomole should just ignore her and move on.
The guy just want to show himself.
How else can she be right, if you followed the story, she alighted from a bus with her wares, which where inside the cartons as we saw (hawkers don`t carry their wares in cartons, they are displayed), crossed over a median of the road under construction and Oshiomhole accosted her. She was not hawking.

15 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by king94(m): 8:09am On Nov 29, 2013
luvinhubby:
Sadism is an integral part of the nomenclature of APC and you have just exhibited such here undecided
I apologise on his behalf.I'm a sympathiser of APC but I detest wot d governor said.He should not have used such vulgar words on her.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by samilo88(m): 8:22am On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta:

Very well said..

Oops.. One stooge spotted.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Nkemtreasure: 8:29am On Nov 29, 2013
Many people who are breaking the law are even in his government ( video of the LGA chairman who rigged election ) and is being applauded as a wise man.

The woman broke the law no doubt, an example needs to be set and we need a scape goat. Go and DIE isn't part of the enforcement of the law. its a foul language and HE has to apologise to her and her family.

If one who is supposed to defend the lives and properties of the citizens is arresting them to GO AND DIE, then I fear. Or has hawking become a CAPITAL OFFENCE?

If she hawks to feed d family, what will she now do to bail herself?

My comrade Governor, you are a good man, I understand that pressure can make one to misbehave, that's what makes us humans, please temper justice with mercy. God bless you sir.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by donphilopus: 8:41am On Nov 29, 2013
igbeke:
quite pathetic. more pathetic is dat most APC e-warriors are already disowning him.
somtims i wonder wat life wud hv bn wud hav bn without God's mercy.
None of us is disowning him! We're only saying that what he did, was wrong. If this were to happen to any PDP Governor, I know the length at which the PDP E-warriors would support his deed! Let's call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 29, 2013
@bloggernaija, I total agree with all your points. A society without laws and orders cannot survive. Come to Lagos and you ll understand me better.

However the only point where we disagree is the Governor's choice of words which portrait him as a sadist! This is a Governor, a role model, and a leader for God's sake!
For the sake of posterity, he should make a public speech concerning this matter ASAP and apologize. This is a very lethal weapon his many enemies will use against him. Even if he does owe the widow an apology(The Widow is guilty here), he owe the people one.
(Advise for the Governor)Be careful with your words, people will mistake it for your action!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by ronalmagic10(m): 8:55am On Nov 29, 2013
Some of you are just plain silly! Watch the video again and tell me what she was selling by the roadside? All I saw were goods that were still packaged. I don't think she was trading anything there. I know the place ( mission rd) very well and there's construction of road there with soldiers around to guard the white men. Not only did he say, ' you are a widow, go and die!' but he also said, ' your husband is the type that kill people on the road'. He said the latter when the woman told him that her late husband was a policeman and he just died recently. The woman was not selling on the road. Fact. So what was her crime?

I'm sure the man died on duty and the family were not compensated. May God not let evil visit those of you supporting adams before you admit that he was very wrong. If you live in Benin, you will know that a lot of rubbish are just happening. I just don't have the strength to type

27 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by samuelkaykay(m): 9:01am On Nov 29, 2013
Kanwulia: If you were in a CIVILIZED foreign country. . . will you flout the laws of the land and tell the world you are a 'WIDOW'? grin
Who gives a phock if you are a widow or JESUS CHRIST?
In as much as I do not like A.O. in his infinite UGLINESS multiplied by the highest power. . . .NIGERIANS SHOULD BE DISGRACED MORE OFTEN TO THE GREATEST DEPTHS OF HUMILITY(if they are capable of such feelings)

All I can see is the over-killing of a fly with a sledge-hammer. . . . !

Only in a 10TH WORLD dungeon of a country will you see such low-grade theatrics!
Boring SHYTE!!!!

O HOLY-NWENJE REVEREND. . . do yAsEf a favor and SHAT THE PHOCK UP! kiss

you dont have conscience,what do enforcement of law have to do with GO AND DIE?Let me tell you,Oshom.ole may die before the poor woman,believe this,that woman's seed will one day rule Osho's seed.learn compassion,dnt support evil.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by ronalmagic10(m): 9:03am On Nov 29, 2013

From overloaded lorries,

WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

After reading your post, I wanted to say that you were heartless but on a second thought, I found out that the word that aptly describes you is: stupid. You did not make any sense in relation to the issue at hand. Maybe you didn't have enough MB to watch the video. He-goat

18 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Napoleondegreat: 9:15am On Nov 29, 2013

From overloaded lorries,

WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

May the almighty God treat you the way oshomole is treating this woman. Amen

20 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by SincereBigot: 10:39am On Nov 29, 2013
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by adexsimply(m): 10:39am On Nov 29, 2013
cool cool cool cool
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Pataki: 10:43am On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta:

Very well said..

You should never had said this. This just shows you as a bigot who is ready to accept everything some of your party leaders says or do.

Utterly disappointing to read this from you.

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Sijo01(f): 10:44am On Nov 29, 2013
nairaarea: My dear Comrade Governor, we do appreciate your sincere attempts at keeping Edo State clean. But sometimes, a little mercy works more than brute force. You told a poor widow to "go and die, because she flouted your rules against hawking on the road? If not that I watched that video, I would not have believed it...

She begged and begged and begged... Don't forget, we all are at God's mercy.

Please temper justice with mercy in exercising your duties. Please...

May God assist you in your daily discharge of this onerous responsibility. Amen

Rev. Fr. Kevin Anetor.

She was not hawking but was patiently waiting for a vehicle to convey her goods to her destination.
The action of your governor was inhuman though.

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by mustaphagreens(m): 10:44am On Nov 29, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NIMASA Collected Revenue In Dollars, Remitted Naira – FG / FG To Raise Fuel Price To N130 / Kogi Govt Owing Workers 38 Months Salaries – Nigeria Labour Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.