Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? (82342 Views)

Houseboy Injures Spinal Cord Peeping At Madam Bathing / If Taking Our Bath Makes The Body Clean, Then What Makes The Bath Towel Dirty? / Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by 4q: 5:57am On Dec 03, 2013
What makes the towel dirty is the hair cream. No soap can totally clean off the hair cream we use except we shampoo wash the hair each time we bath. The towel will be less dirty if we don't dry our head ( hair) with it.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Immune1(m): 6:00am On Dec 03, 2013
Its either not bathing with the right soap to extract enough dirt from your body or d moist of the towel which attracts dust&dirt.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by hassymo5(m): 6:01am On Dec 03, 2013
you think u can wash your self clean,who born dog,,we only reduce the dirt on our body, we also reduce bacteria load on our body so as not to be smelling,, so when cleaning the body, the towel too absorb dirt from your body and thats how it get dirty...
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:06am On Dec 03, 2013
The towel get dirty because no body can bath properly,only d wise can understd
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by cannonnier(m): 6:12am On Dec 03, 2013
idprincess: Because we are made from dust and so it can't be completely washed off. Ever.

Try it... No matter how hard you scrub or how much you wash your body, if you rub your finger/ cloth firmly against your skin, some dust will still come off.
you make me start wondering; but bross the towel was also made from dust.

infact everything is from dust. grin grin grin
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by ukuuku(f): 6:26am On Dec 03, 2013
grin
4q: What makes the towel dirty is the hair cream. No soap can totally clean off the hair cream we use except we shampoo wash the hair each time we bath. The towel will be less dirty if we don't dry our head ( hair) with it.

And for Ladies d@ don't wash their hair while bathing nko?? grin

1 Like

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by fyneboi79(m): 6:37am On Dec 03, 2013
Dead skin cells!!

The human body extracts dead skin cells every second that we live •̸№ matter how long ‎u stay in d bathroom.So as soon as ‎u stop scrubbing and use the towel then ‎u most definitely must wipe out some skin cells which shows as dirt on the towel grin My theory
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Sability(m): 6:43am On Dec 03, 2013
omonaijar: Because your skin is not quite like a glass surface. Bits of it come off when you dry yourself, bits like hair that you can see and flesh that you can't.

So all that gunk stays in your towel and makes it dirty after a while.

Yes, dead body cells on the surface of your body comes off when you dry with towel.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by InwehAkpevwe(m): 6:44am On Dec 03, 2013
Biologically speaking... Our skin I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ a medium 4 excreting via sweat nd d constant replenishing of d skin... These waste products r nt evenly removed by bathing... Dats y towels gets stained/dirty.... Jst my little contributn
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by babajide4muyiwa: 6:49am On Dec 03, 2013
If you use new bedspread and you wake up the following day, sand will be on the bedspread(true or false) no matter how you scrub your body it will still be there because we were made of sand[color=#000099][/color]
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 03, 2013
Op..this is an old stuff...you probably saw it on twitter or facebook bt. certainly nt a supposed stunt with Ur brother..anyways the answer is quite simple..have you forgotten man is dust and unto dust he shall return...tz simply another Of God's mystery concerning man..just like how sometimes u wake up from ur bed and find lil grains of sand on ur bed...
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 03, 2013
iamSi:

Waoh!!! _ I never thought about this

likewise me too. wink
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by walcolm(m): 7:00am On Dec 03, 2013
@OP,

that you take your bath with clean water and soap doesn't mean you come out of the bathroom clean...the evidence is shown on your towel
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Sepp360(m): 7:01am On Dec 03, 2013
gwas: cheesy Op, you sure say na your broda ask you this question true true? Because me I don dey see this question online for over one week now o.
yhu know weda na from there him see the question wey him ask me?....

*wetin kwonsine me?*
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Ifems(m): 7:02am On Dec 03, 2013
Vanity upon vanity,dust to dust...that's why!
And another simple evidence that God exists.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Sepp360(m): 7:04am On Dec 03, 2013
Noble.G:

Don't worry it is normal. It's all that dead skin that didn't quite wash off. No matter the soap you use, you will still see some of your dead skin on the towel if you rub it hard on your skin.

Human skin is an amazing organ -- protective, waterproof, and exceedingly useful. It's also constantly changing and regenerating itself. That said, what happens to dead skin cells? You might be a little grossed out to find out where they go and just how many you lose each day. The layer you can see is called the epidermis. It's composed of cells made of keratin, a hard substance that also forms your hair and nails. In other species, keratin forms hooves, claws, horns, and even the shells of turtles and the spines of porcupines. The individual cells are called keratinocytes.

New keratinocytes grow at the lowest level of the epidermis, which bonds with the next layer, the dermis. The new skin cells gradually push their way to the top layer. When they reach the top, they die and are "weathered" by the environment and your daily activities. The top "dead" layer is called the stratum corneum. Eventually, the dead cells break away from the epidermis and fall off, making room for newer cells growing up from below. It takes roughly one month for new cells to get all the way to the top layer, meaning the skin you have a month from today will be completely new compared to the skin you have now.

Scientists estimate that the human body is made up of around 10 trillion cells in total. Your skin makes up about 16 percent of your body weight, which means you have roughly 1.6 trillion skin cells. Of course, this estimate can vary tremendously according to a person's size. The important thing is that you have a lot of skin cells. Of those billions of skin cells, between 30,00[/b]0 and [b]40,000 of them fall off every hour. Over a 24-hour period, you lose almost a million skin cells.

Where do they all go? The brown color on your towel, some of the dust that collects on your tables, TV, and on those picture frames that are so hard to get clean is made mostly from dead human skin cells. In other words, your house is filled with former bits of yourself. In one year, you'll shed more than 8 pounds (3.6 kilograms) of dead skin. It gets even grosser: Your house is also filled with trillions of microscopic life forms called dust mites that eat your old dead skin.

My advice is: Try not to use one towel more than two days. And remember, a damp towel is a breeding ground for bacteria, so always make sure it dries before next use. Personally, I use one towel only twice before washing, which means I use one per day. I like fresh towels, especially, in the morning.
Nice Lecture!... Thanks!
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Sepp360(m): 7:07am On Dec 03, 2013
heefeholuwah: Op..this is an old stuff...you probably saw it on twitter or facebook bt. certainly nt a supposed stunt with Ur brother..anyways the answer is quite simple..have you forgotten man is dust and unto dust he shall return...tz simply another Of God's mystery concerning man..just like how sometimes u wake up from ur bed and find lil grains of sand on ur bed...
hmmm!... Maybe my younger bro doesn't have a twiter or facebook account!...
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Roland17(m): 7:08am On Dec 03, 2013
Quite simple..

The source of water we use in taking our bath or shower is a very huge factor, some use borehole, others well water and for many public pumps, complete water purity is almost impossible.

Remember your clean towel is intended to dry you up after your shower or bath thus it soaks up water from your body and some interior parts like your pelvic region and also your ampits which hold sweat glands, continuous soaking makes the towel damp and dampness breeds infectious bacteria that can cause different skin rashes.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by DSB(m): 7:14am On Dec 03, 2013
xp17: seriously my towel don't get dirty, I just wash it 4 washing sake same as my bedsheets.

NB: I bath with short white towel not d regular sponge

Go and die with 2.25m not bad though

I bet you have never used a white towel.

Seee.....a white towel even gets stained after the first use. I think this just emphasizes the fact that we are made of dust.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by legendsilver(m): 7:16am On Dec 03, 2013
marvelU: I think it is dust from the air and our body too because no matter how hard you wash your skin you will still see dirt when you clean your face with facial cleaner.
copyright commission are on dia way for u lolz grin cheesy
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by optimism91(m): 7:19am On Dec 03, 2013
Sepp360: Few days back, i purposely asked my younger brother how often he washes his towel and the reply he threw back at me kept me wondering.

If truely, we keep our body clean by bathing with good soap and clean water, what then makes the towel dirty?...
Have you forgotten, that according to the bible, we were created with sand and dust?
Whatever makes the He-goat smells its from his body. That's my own opinion.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Sepp360(m): 7:19am On Dec 03, 2013
legendsilver: copyright commission are on dia way for u lolz grin cheesy
lolz!.... Atleast it was rightly-copied!...
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Synthase(m): 7:28am On Dec 03, 2013
Jamb question! You use the towel to clean your body after bath, it absorbs some moisture in the process, you spread it somewhere, dust particles from the surronding air accumulates on it while microorganisms that will use the moisture too are not left out (this possibly explains some of the odour perceived from towels after repeated use without washing). In a nutshell, the more you use that towel the more you make yourself dirty after bath.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by UjSizzle(f): 7:29am On Dec 03, 2013
lol i've wondered about this too. It probably has something to do with the oil on the skin. I don't think Nigerians pat themselves dry, we scrub ourselves dry undecided
So add the oil to the environmental dust that settles on practically everything around us, and you have a dirty towel cheesy
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Mzluv: 7:40am On Dec 03, 2013
[quote author=Google63]Our towel gets dirty because it attracts dust, and because there's really no way you can have a very clean bath... Any more questions for me- despite we hve a clean bath,der's still dirt on our body. Aftr bathing, use a cotton wool nd add alittle dettol on Ȋ̊t̲̥̅̊, den use Ȋ̊t̲̥̅̊ 2 clean any part of U̶̲̥̅̊я body nd c wat Wȋ̊ℓℓ cme out.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Mzluv: 7:40am On Dec 03, 2013
despite we hve a clean bath,der's still dirt on our body. Aftr bathing, use a cotton wool nd add alittle dettol on Ȋ̊t̲̥̅̊, den use Ȋ̊t̲̥̅̊ 2 clean any part of U̶̲̥̅̊я body nd c wat Wȋ̊ℓℓ cme out.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by NairaWar: 7:44am On Dec 03, 2013
Wait o. . . but that's a good observation.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by nairamaniac: 7:45am On Dec 03, 2013
This is a good enquiry. Which I can answer very well. I use a white towel. Which I wash like once or twice in a month. But hardly would u see dirt on it or the colour changing to brown at any time. The secretes are many. Firstly u have to know that your towel has high ability to attract dirt. Due to its consistently being wet. When a fabric is wet and dirt or dust gets to it, the dirt/dust would stick. But when dry, it is most likely to fall off. So one thing you should do is avoid your wet towel from coming in contact with dirt or dust especially when wet( which is actually almost all the time). Meaning :1. Do not Place/dry/spread your towel in a room/place that would come in contact with dust when you sweep your room. 2. Do not let your towel come in contact with your body before you go take a bath because ur body is mostlikely dirty as at that moment and the wet towel would attract dirt from your body. Some people usually tie their body with their towel before taking their bath. And get their dirty-body cleaned by their towel by doing this. 3. Do not spread/dry/keep the entire surface of your towel on object such as doors,chairs, beds etc. By doing this the entire surface-area of your towel gets dirty. What u shd do is hang your towel in a hanger or railing. If you are the type that moves your towel from your room to the bathroom everyday then use a hanger. So u can place ur towel on a hanger either its in a room or a bathroom. 4. The last trick iss thorough rinsing of your body with water after bathing. Soaps contain oil. And these oil weather u like it or not are not meant to remain on ur body even after a bath. If u don't rinse d soap thoroughly with water after bathing and den use ur towel, u are indirectly cleaning the soap with ur towel. I use more than half a bucket of water to rinse after bathing with soap. You should rinse till your entire body doesn't feel slippery at any part of it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) / Snake Bites 2-year-old; Kid Bites Back, Killing It / Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.