Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,743 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Nigerian Movie Mistakes - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Movie Mistakes (15313 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 / You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by priscaoge(f): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
And a ghost will keep changing clothes like there's a boutique in the land of the dead.In Nigerian movies, they don't lock their doors(Both Hotel room)while making love under a THICK blanket.Once you start vomiting,You are pregnant!!!.......Nollywood is the Best!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by youngwarlocks: 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
grin grin grin we ar d best,,,, we ar only trying to b diffrnt...
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by angelz(f): 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
The herbalist double as a pastor. Shikena.
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
MTCHEEEW NA THAT ONE UNA SI? OK UNA DON SI GHOST WEH WEAR GOLD NECKLACE AND BANGLE.....SEATING AND WAITIN FOR HER PREY......OR ABI U NA SI GHOST WEH RUB POWDER DEY ANSWER FONE CALL....U NEVA SEE ANYTIN****DERICA TOMATO***

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by nairaland22(m): 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hahaha. Nigeria movies and d silly mistakes dey made. Well, d movie industry is improvin sha
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by safarigirl(f): 2:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
Una no go gree watch the sensible ones wey dey cinema, what do you expect from a movie that costs 100naira at most? @OP, have you watched Mirror Boy, Figurine, Ije, Mami, The Long Weekend? No, have you watched Reloaded or even that Efik move Udeme? Abeg watch these movies then give us feedback

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by damola311: 3:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
They also have d problem of subtitle..... You go watch some movie,person go see d subtitle and go dy purge

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by nerodenero: 3:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
Finally, they will say[b] "To God be the glory".[/b] Unfortunately, they seem not to have something to replace this sentence. If there was nothing like this in English, I wonder what movie producers would use.
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by Rexnegro(m): 3:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
I watched one like that,that a guy was poisoned ..after eating he died on d dinning table with eyes open...so d camera man didn't take off d scene on time...behold bro dis nigger blinked his eyes o....he can't come and kill himself....laff almost kill us that day!!!
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by didfy: 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
1. Ladies with artificial long nails in a village settings of 1950

2. You will know the ending of the movie in about 5 minutes of watching

3. The characters tells you the kind of movie on a glance

4. There must be juju man 95% of the movies

Though I heard the industry is improving

* MY QUESTION IS WHY COPY NOLLY (WOOD)? *
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by 1stola: 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
spark4daz: bros, u don go far o.lolz
and dat was funny
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by obailala(m): 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
priscaoge: And a ghost will keep changing clothes like there's a boutique in the land of the dead.In Nigerian movies, they don't lock their doors(Both Hotel room)while making love under a THICK blanket.Once you start vomiting,You are pregnant!!!.......Nollywood is the Best!!!!!!!!!!!!
KAYCEEJUNIOR: MTCHEEEW NA THAT ONE UNA SI? OK UNA DON SI GHOST WEH WEAR GOLD NECKLACE AND BANGLE.....SEATING AND WAITIN FOR HER PREY......OR ABI U NA SI GHOST WEH RUB POWDER DEY ANSWER FONE CALL....U NEVA SEE ANYTIN****DERICA TOMATO***

It is only in Nigeria that everybody is a 'professional' movie critic. I have 2 simple questions for all those who pride in asking funny questions about ghosts in nollywood movies

1. Have you seen a real ghost before?...
2. Do you personally know anybody who has seen a ghost?

If your answer to both of these questions is NO, how then do you know what a real ghost is suppose to be like?... hollywood? undecided
how come you are so sure the depiction of ghosts in nollywood movies isn't the real thing?...

As for Babalawo having Winners Church stickers on the door, there is an explanation somewhere for that. It could simply be that he just rented the house and the previous tenant left those stickers grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by sammsimm(m): 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
rubii09: Space booked, I will comment after patience Jonathan is awarded the noble prize in literature
noble or nobel?
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by Anuoluwap(m): 3:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
FOOL FINDER: They don't own the houses they use hence can't remove the stickers from them.But the cameraman and editor were to dumb to leave the stickers in the scene without editing it.
'selection' is the error. They should have selected an error-free apartment.
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by Rastamann: 3:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
What is wrong in having Christian pictures on the walls of a herbalist home? Who is Eledua or Oludumara that many of them call?
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by SOREB: 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2013
spark4daz: bros, u don go far o.lolz

Yes o, d guy don really go far
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by allandutch: 3:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
chiefinalowo:

I don't see anything wrong in it. I have seen a Bible on a Babalawo's table not in a movie but in real life. In fact, he quoted more than 4 Bible verses right there in my presence

Ogbeni wetin u go do for babalawo house....dem dey pursue u or na you wan pursue person
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by Bagayouche: 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
chiefinalowo:

I don't see anything wrong in it. I have seen a Bible on a Babalawo's table not in a movie but in real life. In fact, he quoted more than 4 Bible verses right there in my presence.

so u are trying to tell us u petronise juju men, u strong oh
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by moshino(m): 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
Themaingate: What Is Happening To Our Home Movies Pls

For a very very long time , i have not being privileged to watch home video be it Yoruba or English .

yesterday i promised to watch one but lo and behold i saw something that was just too funny

How come the home of an herbalist have lots of christian stickers on the door ?

Most, if not all herbalists believe in God, they believe that God made the herbs to cure ailments and for our consumption. They believe that God has revealed to them the secrets of the powers of the herbs. Unless you're talking of NATIVE doctors, there's a difference.
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by johnlegend01: 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
Uchenna42: Same old joke!!

For how long are we gonna castigate and make fun of nollywood....after watching phone swap... Mr and Mrs and The mirror boy.....

I have realised that nollywood is growing and will soon get there!!.... smiley

I love those movies too but they are just a few amongst the many that is being produced with bad casting, custuming, graphics, directing and the rest
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by yuncka: 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
Uchenna42: Same old joke!!

For how long are we gonna castigate and make fun of nollywood....after watching phone swap... Mr and Mrs and The mirror boy.....

I have realised that nollywood is growing and will soon get there!!.... smiley

my broda e don tey wey we dey yan dis same mata... India and Chinko wey we start wit don reash puberty, we stil dey wear pampas.....Ghana sef don dey pass us small small.
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by narmani: 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
Funny though. But lets not forget that there's no movie without mistakes. Sometimes i watch the hollywood movies, and i'm like, 'that movie was tight!'. But when i check the reviews and criticisms i begin to wonder, ''this guys just got us fooled''. Its pretty much the same just that you'll have to watch the movie chaini and again to detect whats up. We'll get better.
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by itsIYKE(m): 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
welcome to the yoruba film industry
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by jvera(f): 5:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
Na 4 naija movie I c spirit dey open curtain

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by Genovese(m): 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
hehehehehe
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by Temptee101(m): 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
chiefinalowo:

I don't see anything wrong in it. I have seen a Bible on a Babalawo's table not in a movie but in real life. In fact, he quoted more than 4 Bible verses right there in my presence.

You need urgent cleansing and deliverance asap
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by Sike(m): 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
Na today?
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by Busieman(m): 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
I am really not surprised. In a yoruba movie I saw--the settings is early '70s or there about-- I couldn't help rolling on d floor when an actor asked to buy a 500 naira Etisalat card.
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
didfy: 1. Ladies with artificial long nails in a village settings of 1950

2. You will know the ending of the movie in about 5 minutes of watching

3. The characters tells you the kind of movie on a glance

4. There must be juju man 95% of the movies

Though I heard the industry is improving

* MY QUESTION IS WHY COPY NOLLY (WOOD)? *
And lately when I see a few titles they give to their movies it sugests that they are running out of them
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by Orikinla(m): 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
Many herbalists in Nigeria also claim to be Christians.

My own father combined IFA Divination with quoting Psalms.
The crucifix was hanging on a wall above a pot of divination water on the floor.
Re: Nigerian Movie Mistakes by MrRomantic1(m): 7:08pm On Nov 29, 2013
what do yu expect wen yu left d likes of 'phone swap and other original films for those local films wey d background color na apology!And yet yu come to generalise! Mtchew
Dun b suprised wen yu see say babalawo shout 'blood Of Jesus' inside o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinua Achebe Forces 50 Cent To Change Movie Titled 'Things Fall Apart' / Bella Evicted From The Big Brother House / Big Brother Africa Iv Unveils Without Shower Hour, Now People Will Sleep At Nigh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.