Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,710 members, 7,837,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Oshiomole Watched As The Widow Wailed ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole Watched As The Widow Wailed ! (678 Views)

President Buhari Wore This And Wailers Wailed(photos) / Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! / I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomole Watched As The Widow Wailed ! by ochejoseph(m): 11:51am On Nov 29, 2013
The last time I met Comrade Adams Oshiomole was In the Early days of 2002, I was Student Union Leader,who believed in the principles the Comrade stood for,I left home that morning to Join a protest called by the Comrade ,he was then President of the Nigerian labour Congress( NLC).
It was a march against the impunity that characterised the manner in which the Obasanjo Administration continuously hiked petroleum prices. As he spoke to us that day ,I was inspired . He outlined how the policies of government has consistently impoverished the people,taking from the poor and giving to the rich, not even his subsequent arrest later could dampen my spirits. I believed I have found a Nigerian who will cue behind the masses no matter the odds,with Oshiomole in the Lead I was willing to go on any protest march because I believed he was a man of Integrity and great Compassion.

Its been almost 12 years since that encounter and it seems the man I knew has completely changed .
As I watched the video of his complete humiliation of a widow struggling to make ends meet , my heart bled ,the words that were to come out from his mouth moments later threw me into a state of depression.

For a state governor to bark at widow is harsh enough, but tell that same widow to go and die is the height of Cruelty.

Pope Francis has shown the world what it means to be compassionate and as practising Catholic we expected more from the comrade.
Nevertheless , great leaders are known for turning weakness into strength and Adversity into opportunity, searching for that widow will not be difficult, like Og Mandino once said
“Extend to each person, no
matter how trivial the contact,
all the care and kindness and
understanding and love that
you can muster, and do it with
no thought of any reward. Your
life will never be the same
again.”

Our Comrade needs to apologise, his behaviour was completely unacceptable no matter the circumstance.
Somehow, I pray Nigerians will find the space in their hearts to forgive him.

Oche Otorkpa
Writes from Abuja.
Twitter:@ochejoseph
Re: Oshiomole Watched As The Widow Wailed ! by sunnydayasaba(m): 11:58am On Nov 29, 2013
We dnt think they drink the same water we drink or breathe the same air we breath..Our leaders are so insensitive and wicked. We have no true freedom fighter in this country, so am not surprise abt comrades behaviour.
Re: Oshiomole Watched As The Widow Wailed ! by nedu2000(m): 12:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
But she disobeyed a stand-in law,is the gov'nr suppose to act on sentiments?Nigerians give different reasons for breaking the law these days,with the level of lawlessness in the land,a tough stand has to be taken
Re: Oshiomole Watched As The Widow Wailed ! by FreeGlobe(f): 12:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
nedu2000: But she disobeyed a stand-in law,is the gov'nr suppose to act on sentiments?Nigerians give different reasons for breaking the law these days,with the level of lawlessness in the land,a tough stand has to be taken
tough stands like telling a widow to go and die? isn't a responsible government supposed to take care of widows? Is this how a governor is supposed to act in a Democratic dispensation. You level of reasoning is clearly not objective to say the least.
Re: Oshiomole Watched As The Widow Wailed ! by castielo(m): 12:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
The man had his reasons for being dat harsh on her.. Tis very unusual for someone like him to react in dat manner to a widow for dat matter.
She should av just obeyed watever law was in place.. some people just know how to take advantage of kindness sha. nw she don make d man look like bad pesin
Re: Oshiomole Watched As The Widow Wailed ! by hopilo: 1:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
Responsible goverment take care of widows and aged. Here they are told to go and die. No place for the poor hmm
Re: Oshiomole Watched As The Widow Wailed ! by nedu2000(m): 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
FreeGlobe:
tough stands like telling a widow to go and die? isn't a responsible government supposed to take care of widows? Is this how a governor is supposed to act in a Democratic dispensation. You level of reasoning is clearly not objective to say the least.
the only flaw is his very utterance,but as for the actions taken there's nothing wrong,the law should be devoid of sentiments
Re: Oshiomole Watched As The Widow Wailed ! by FreeGlobe(f): 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
nedu2000: the only flaw is his very utterance,but as for the actions taken theirs nothing wrong,the law should be devoid of sentiments
His utterance as a governor invalidated any other thing he stood for, to me
Re: Oshiomole Watched As The Widow Wailed ! by nedu2000(m): 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
Nigerians have lied in the name of their unborn kids,in the name of God,sworn with their lives only,they lie about their health status just to gain favour....in as much as a few nigerians are allegedly still truthful,the gov'nr isn't out of place in meting out judgement in the way he did,outside what he said,which was made in anger,which indicates the emotional attachment he has for his state
Re: Oshiomole Watched As The Widow Wailed ! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2013
FreeGlobe:
His utterance as a governor invalidated any other thing he stood for, to me
Babym daalu,where have you been since?
Re: Oshiomole Watched As The Widow Wailed ! by nedu2000(m): 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
I'm pleased to hear that Gov. Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole has apologized for his outburst towards a widow in Benin two weeks ago. I want to commend the gov'nor for not towing the paths of other govt officials that would say they were quoted out of context. Even if the quotes were verbatim. way to go Oshiomhole!

(1) (Reply)

I Have No Anointed Candidate – Buhari / Go & Die: What Uduaghan Would Have Done For The Widow If He Were Oshiomole / Obasanjo Versus Tinubu Reloaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.