Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? (26427 Views)

Awoof: Get More Than 3 Million Airtime From Airtel To Call Any Network In 9ja / How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / How Do I Make Use Of This Bonus Airtime From MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by 9jahubcom(m): 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2013
hmm
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by agrovick(m): 1:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
And this made fp. Anywaiz borrowed #50 and delayed recharging my line for a month.
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Gabrielsylar(m): 1:31pm On Nov 30, 2013
They haff sent u hear as a credit officer ba
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Moyato(m): 1:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
Leadn: I needed to subscribe for internet yester-night (LOL) 200H for 240mb since my MTN data was kinda slow.

To my awe, I borrowed 200NGN only to be notified that I have been credited with 180NGN... mehn, the kind vex I vex ehn... were my 20naira go? so I can't subscribe for 240mb again sad I had to subscribe for 100naira 80MB

I shouldn't lie, that 20NGN pained me AF cheesy
abeg how can i subscribe for 80MB FOR 100
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Mikolex(m): 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
Accordin 2 my own knowledge, u cant use d money u borrowed because u didnt hv any data plan again on ur fone @ dat tyme (no MB). Dats y u're able 2 use d money 4 2go and whatsapp.
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by darqly(m): 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
I buy all the time....And pay back in good time too. It comes in handy when you're in the middle of gist and you hear the beep.
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by lexyking(m): 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
when you collect something from someone its not lend it called borrow.so correct yourself to i borrowed airtime from airtel, no offense meant

2 Likes

Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by sEGXY2(m): 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
[quote author=Leadn]I needed to subscribe for internet yester-night (LOL) 200H for 240mb since my MTN data was kinda slow.[quote author=Leadn]

Bros Abeg which code u use activate that plan I once used it like 5 times in a week and after that one week they told me that I can only activate it once.

1 Like

Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Mintayo(m): 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
So you can borrow credit? Didnt know one can do that...lol
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
I borrowed #200 on Friday morning (around 2.am) that's the first time I would be borrowing from them. I don't know why I couldn't borrow more than that, I use the sim-card for my monthly data subscription (almost 3k per month) my credit score should be higher than #200. Me never pay the #200 back sef.

What will happen if I default in my payment?
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by costandi(m): 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
I will buy a new sim specifically for borrowing, and, I will never pay. cool Borrow like N500 credit for N100 sim, after usin ∂ airtime, I go jes throway ∂ sim.

1 Like

Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by ignis: 2:20pm On Nov 30, 2013
I borrow whenever am in dare need of airtime and got no access to the vendor.
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
costandi: I will buy a new sim specifically for borrowing, and, I will never pay. cool Borrow like N500 credit for N100 sim, after usin ∂ airtime, I go jes throway ∂ sim.
For Your church mind, and You think that will work??
Answers to the above ^^ questions about Subscribtion of 80mb with 100naira is it working pretty fine on pc??
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by ignis: 2:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
costandi: I will buy a new sim specifically for borrowing, and, I will never pay. cool Borrow like N500 credit for N100 sim, after usin ∂ airtime, I go jes throway ∂ sim.
A new SIM cannot borrow credit.
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by shosky1794: 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2013
To me, it's the best service from Airtel. I'm a constant user of the service(been using since the early part of 2012). I even prefer it to going across the street to get airtime sometimes.
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by slimmylepse: 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
Before U̶̲̥̅̊ can borrow 500naira, U̶̲̥̅̊ must be d type dat recharge at least 500 naira 4 times in a month for gud 3 months. It depends on d amt U̶̲̥̅̊ do recharge
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by slimmylepse: 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
Before U̶̲̥̅̊ can borrow 500naira, d amount U̶̲̥̅̊ re recharging will determine d amount U̶̲̥̅̊ ll borrow. If U̶̲̥̅̊ want to borrow 500 naira, try to be recharging 500 naira / above 4 times in a month for complete 3 months. Do not reduce d way U̶̲̥̅̊ recharge cos if U̶̲̥̅̊ do, d network too ll not borrow U̶̲̥̅̊ such amount again
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Funjosh(m): 2:40pm On Nov 30, 2013
I went to a rural place for NCCF Rural rugged where i couldnt get a place to buy car, so i had to borrow from #Airtel and could make call with it. It was so helpful.
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by chucky234(m): 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
And you think the people running Airtel are dumb, a 3 months SIM without regular use cant even borrow airtime let alone a new SIM.
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
B4 they use to lend upto #500. I don't know why its only #50 they lend. And u use it only for 3 days, afta d 3rd day, they will now deduct the remaining amount. I dey even owe dem now sef, once I recharge my airtel, see d speed I use to quickly subscribe for bundle b4 they deduct d amount I am still owing them cheesycheesygringrin
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by chucky234(m): 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by chucky234(m): 2:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
And you think the people running Airtel are dumb, a 3 months SIM without regular usage cant even borrow airtime let alone a new SIM.
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by IAMBREEZY: 3:03pm On Nov 30, 2013
you have to recharge frequently for like 2 month or more before your sim can be certified then you can loan or borrow any amount from 50 to 500 or more.
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by prettiest1(f): 3:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
kofsy: How do you guys borrow 500naira? I thought the max one can borrow is 200?

To borrow #500, dial *500*500#. Then for #200, dial *500*200#. If u go for #500, make sure when paying back, you'll recharge with at least 750 worth recharge card so that you still have #250 left for your use.
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Superstar007(m): 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
@Op. Xo na only 50naira option dey shw. Mayb it because U like using 100naira recharge card.

To those wia they ask aw dm fit gt 80mb and 240mb for Airtel. Here are the steps

For 80mb. Make sure you have at least 100naira in ur phone. Then Send BBUD to 440. The 100naira will be deductd and u'll be credited wid 81mb wich will expire by 12pm if u can't finish using it. Then send Deactivate to 440 and the Stopautorenew to 440 xo dt them no go komot ur moni the nxt day.

For 240mb. Make sure u have 200naira. Then send BBUD3 to 440. Deactivate to 440 and then Stopautorenew to 440. This one has a validity period of 3days.

To make the 80mb or 240mb last for a week. Make sure u load 200naira before subscribing and u must be on club 10 padis. If u ain't on the plan dial *166# to migrate. Xo by loading 200naira u'll be creditd with 15mb wich will last for 1wk. Then wen u suscribe for the 80 or 240mb that will be added to the prev 15mb xo automatically it will last for a week.

For the Guy complaining that the told him that he can only use the service once. Mayb itx becos u did nt deactivate the service xo send Deactivate to 440.
Enjoy!!!

1 Like

Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by creazor(m): 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2013
@op,
D situation is nt because it was borrowed airtime bt because ur balance was converted to data. This is because ur data finished and u didnt deactivate it, so any balance automatically converts to data (esp when u have whatsapp msgs). It happens even when its normal airtime.
AIRTEL ROCKS!
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by smileoly(f): 4:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
Leadn: I needed to subscribe for internet yester-night (LOL) 200H for 240mb since my MTN data was kinda slow.

To my awe, I borrowed 200NGN only to be notified that I have been credited with 180NGN... mehn, the kind vex I vex ehn... were my 20naira go? so I can't subscribe for 240mb again sad I had to subscribe for 100naira 80MB

I shouldn't lie, that 20NGN pained me AF cheesy
please how do u subscribe for 240mb with only N200
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
tongue cheesy Awoof dey turn belle! I suffered the same thing for sometime. It's not network probs, Airtel is a greedy network. At a point, I couldn't call or text with anything less than 100 naira for a month and during that period, I couldn't get axross to their customer care. D matta pain me wella but God pass devil and now, I don master style to dey chop their free credit n use am buy MB. Did I hear an applause? grin cheesy tongue thank you, thank you, it isn't easy...
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by barcaboi(m): 5:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
Emmyk: So, I decided to lend airtime from airtel network today. I dialled the code. Saw 3 options.

I picked the 1st option (₦50). In my mind, I was like, okay lemme even lend like ₦500.00 from Airtel, I'm going to payback whenever I like, Ah ah! I've tried for this people nau cheesycheesy *evil laugh*

I was notified that I have been credited with ₦45.00. Where is the remaining 5naira?

Well, the 5naira is their 'interest', so to say.

No qualms. I said to myself. I tried the step all over to lend another ₦50.00 till I get to ₦500 embarassed

I was told I have an outstanding 50 that I must pay, before I was allowed to lend again. angry

Okay. Now I understand the concept. It's incase of an emergency, where you dont have access to buy airtime. That this service is good for you.

Now, the essence of this thread is, I tried calling with my "loan". The call didnt go through (that woman told me my account is too low blah blah blah sad ), for Airtel and other networks. Text message did not go through as well.

So, what are we expected to do with the airtime

Opera Mini did not even connect. Only 2go and WhatsApp did.

For those old on this service, cheesycheesy what do you use the airtime for?
I borrow often and call wt it; so mayb urs is a system probs....its a very good innovation
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by rhames(m): 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
Emmyk: So, I decided to lend airtime from airtel network today. I dialled the code. Saw 3 options.

I picked the 1st option (₦50). In my mind, I was like, okay lemme even lend like ₦500.00 from Airtel, I'm going to payback whenever I like, Ah ah! I've tried for this people nau cheesycheesy *evil laugh*

I was notified that I have been credited with ₦45.00. Where is the remaining 5naira?

Well, the 5naira is their 'interest', so to say.

No qualms. I said to myself. I tried the step all over to lend another ₦50.00 till I get to ₦500 embarassed

I was told I have an outstanding 50 that I must pay, before I was allowed to lend again. angry

Okay. Now I understand the concept. It's incase of an emergency, where you dont have access to buy airtime. That this service is good for you.

Now, the essence of this thread is, I tried calling with my "loan". The call didnt go through (that woman told me my account is too low blah blah blah sad ), for Airtel and other networks. Text message did not go through as well.

So, what are we expected to do with the airtime

Opera Mini did not even connect. Only 2go and WhatsApp did.

For those old on this service, cheesycheesy what do you use the airtime for?

Na interest rate u take am pay.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone / The Samsung Galaxy A8 Series Full Specs & Price / Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.