Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,382 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? (26430 Views)

Awoof: Get More Than 3 Million Airtime From Airtel To Call Any Network In 9ja / How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / How Do I Make Use Of This Bonus Airtime From MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Justeenaleo(f): 6:03pm On Nov 30, 2013
I don't borrow oo nd I hate to borrow,one time my friend borrowed 500naira with my sim without my knowledge,he sha use and remain 115 for me,I tnkd him for rechargin my fone,not knwin d source,d nxt ay I recharged my fone with 100 naira and it disappeared,I called customer care with vex nd dey told me dat I brrowed,we argued nd argued till I vex cut d line,den I remembered d airtime my frnd bought for me,I wnted to call him nd ask him abt it,I collected anoda artime frm mallam forgeting dat I supposedly borrowd,it disappeared again,dis one left tears in my eyes,later he told me dat he borrowed d airtime tho,I cudnt kill him angry
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by kayswag100(m): 6:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
Jeeeeeeeeez! !!!!!
Can someone explain to this joker the difference between 'borrow' and 'lend'?. jeeeeeeeeeeeez! !!!!
Emmyk: So, I decided to lend airtime from airtel network today. I dialled the code. Saw 3 options.

I picked the 1st option (₦50). In my mind, I was like, okay lemme even lend like ₦500.00 from Airtel, I'm going to payback whenever I like, Ah ah! I've tried for this people nau cheesycheesy *evil laugh*

I was notified that I have been credited with ₦45.00. Where is the remaining 5naira?

Well, the 5naira is their 'interest', so to say.

No qualms. I said to myself. I tried the step all over to lend another ₦50.00 till I get to ₦500 embarassed

I was told I have an outstanding 50 that I must pay, before I was allowed to lend again. angry

Okay. Now I understand the concept. It's incase of an emergency, where you dont have access to buy airtime. That this service is good for you.

Now, the essence of this thread is, I tried calling with my "loan". The call didnt go through (that woman told me my account is too low blah blah blah sad ), for Airtel and other networks. Text message did not go through as well.

So, what are we expected to do with the airtime

Opera Mini did not even connect. Only 2go and WhatsApp did.

For those old on this service, cheesycheesy what do you use the airtime for?
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
Dr.ABCD:
apc

tell us what has PDP been saying to Nigerians since 1999?
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by vikeyz(m): 7:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
Emmyk:
Whoa! Does it depend on monthly usage? Because I couldnt even lend 100naira
abeg lend means to give while borrow means to collect
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Stanlyag(m): 7:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
just got this message now.Dear Customer, effective 3rd Dec 2013 AIRTEL BB Plans will cease to function on non BB devices or used as a modem . Thank you
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by samyng(m): 7:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
Dear Customer, effective 3rd Dec 2013 AIRTEL BB Plans will cease to function on non BB devices or used as a modem . Thank you

SAD news
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Stunner1(f): 7:51pm On Nov 30, 2013
embarassed embarassed embarassed airtel has broken my heart wit deir evil msg i jst recieved.... Wat do dey want android and ios users to do naa!!! I bind every spirit of disconnecting BB plans on non BB devices evil ppl
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by ztar(m): 7:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
Airtel has gone ballistic on android users

1 Like

Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by nyabingi(m): 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2013
nauralanders u guys are really funny!!
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Rasheed02(m): 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

what is d code for 240 mb wit 200naira please

Send BBUD3 to 440 and u get 245MB for 3 days.dnt forget to send 'stopautorenew' to 440 to disable auto renewal.for more phone-related tips whatsapp me @08069672484.av a blast
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by omoanho(f): 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
I hate that network with passion after they unjustly took my 500H I loaded for data bundle, when I realised I couldn't access the internet, I called the customer service, I was told that the airtime was suppose to be loaded on a smart phone and not BB, since I could use it, he promised to refund it by converting it to my BB but never did, I got so angry on a particular day, when one of their customer service officer told me that the MB has expired that I can't get any refund, I borrowed 200H credit, after I exhausted the airtime, I removed the sim from my phone and threw it away.
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by edaolaropin: 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
People, what are we going to do about airtel's withdrawal of bb plans on android? Sad news for android faithfuls cry.
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Hopcy(m): 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
Leadn: I needed to subscribe for internet yester-night (LOL) 200H for 240mb since my MTN data was kinda slow.

To my awe, I borrowed 200NGN only to be notified that I have been credited with 180NGN... mehn, the kind vex I vex ehn... were my 20naira go? so I can't subscribe for 240mb again sad I had to subscribe for 100naira 80MB

I shouldn't lie, that 20NGN pained me AF cheesy
. What is the code? Pls let us knw.
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by arabdude: 9:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
If you cannot borrow 500 credit that means you do not qualify for it.......meaning your loading power is low and that means you will be given the loan that soothes your recharging power, if u dont usually recharge 500, dont expect to borrow 500, the loan is according to ur recharging power that is all i can say to you @ my guy asking how to go about it.
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Tholuwaniey(m): 9:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
Emmyk:
Whoa! Does it depend on monthly usage? Because I couldnt even lend 100naira
han han! You poor gan o
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by physise(m): 9:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Emmyk: So, I decided to lend airtime from airtel network today. I dialled the code. Saw 3 options.

I picked the 1st option (₦50). In my mind, I was like, okay lemme even lend like ₦500.00 from Airtel, I'm going to payback whenever I like, Ah ah! I've tried for this people nau cheesycheesy *evil laugh*

I was notified that I have been credited with ₦45.00. Where is the remaining 5naira?

Well, the 5naira is their 'interest', so to say.

No qualms. I said to myself. I tried the step all over to lend another ₦50.00 till I get to ₦500 embarassed

I was told I have an outstanding 50 that I must pay, before I was allowed to lend again. angry

Okay. Now I understand the concept. It's incase of an emergency, where you dont have access to buy airtime. That this service is good for you.

Now, the essence of this thread is, I tried calling with my "loan". The call didnt go through (that woman told me my account is too low blah blah blah sad ), for Airtel and other networks. Text message did not go through as well.

So, what are we expected to do with the airtime

Opera Mini did not even connect. Only 2go and WhatsApp did.

For those old on this service, cheesycheesy what do you use the airtime for?
craptel
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Tholuwaniey(m): 9:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

what is d code for 240 mb wit 200naira please
*440*018#
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Emmyk(m): 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
mrphysics: one day i collected airtel sim from my friend and inserted into my modem to browse, i didnt knw that this guy borrowed money from airtel, and after recharging it, immediately airtel took their money and i was shocked, i regretted collecting the sim. thats just my experience and it wasnt funny
Bad debtor! This is hilarious. cheesycheesy . You didnt tell us the part when you returned the sim to the guy. cheesycheesy
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Emmyk(m): 9:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
creazor: @op,
D situation is nt because it was borrowed airtime bt because ur balance was converted to data. This is because ur data finished and u didnt deactivate it, so any balance automatically converts to data (esp when u have whatsapp msgs). It happens even when its normal airtime.
AIRTEL ROCKS!
You nailed it! That's true.
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by samflex(m): 10:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
Errm, airtel just text me that bb plans won't work on non bb devices as from 3rd of December. :-(
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by Deiok(m): 7:37am On Dec 01, 2013
They no longer allow me to borrow upto N100, phuking network.
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by smartg(m): 7:53am On Dec 01, 2013
Pls they should try and reduce the interest rate to 5%, that 10% is a suicide charging, haba!!
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by stefikal(f): 4:09pm On Dec 01, 2013
Emmyk: For those old on this service, cheesycheesy what do you use the airtime for?

i wanted 2 try it months ago bt I wz told i culdn't, dere is a conditn u av 2 meet 4 d service...last wk fri I tried it again, I had abt 9naira...dey gave me #50 afta deductin #5...i wz left with #54...

As a sharp gal, i dialled *141*1*1# n den i selected 5 4 double whatever promo...i shaa subscribed 4 d #50 data bundle which z 8mb 4 2days...it pays...jst dt d yeye netwk too dey flunctuate
Re: Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? by TechGuideHub: 1:59am On Jun 30, 2019
Borrowing data on Airtel is very easy. See our full guide below.

https://techguidehub.com/borrow-data-on-airtel-network/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone / The Samsung Galaxy A8 Series Full Specs & Price / Scammers Use Bulk SMS To Customize Bank Alerts - Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.