Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital (10762 Views)

Lagos Floods General Hospital With Mobile-Toilets (photo) / The Deplorable State Of A General Hospital In Yobe State [photo] / Photo Of The Deplorable State Of The UNIPORT Teaching Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by naptu2: 3:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
dominique: Epe, is far from other local governments in Lagos state. That could be the reason its not getting government attention like other areas. I don't use general hospitals so I can't compare the situation there with others though I must say, its quite bad. There should be a way the ministry of health or the governor himself is notified of this.

This area needs a lot of attention. We need a general hospital in the Lekki area. With respect to this particular case, I think we need to circulate those pictures online, so that it'll get someone's attention.
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by juman(m): 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
Failure of the governor.
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
Cele-pope:
People abroad should come back home.There is no place like home.
grin grin grin
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by Otses(f): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2013
This is so poor, the government should do something about this.
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by collynzo2(m): 3:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
Naijamericana:

Come back and do what? Even trying to start a simple business like palm fruit processing in the village is giving me headaches. undecided
Why? We might me able to help.
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by bebechuks: 3:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
whirlwind7: General neglect and non maintenance is usually associated with government run institutions. Just like it is presently being reported with government owned primary and secondary schools.

Your report would have carried more weight if you had obtained pictures. This forum is also a useful tool to publicize matters that really need attention.

BTW, how is your mother doing? Was the medical attention she got satisfactory?
u r such a nice person, ur words r full of maturity!
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by nep2ra(m): 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
picoba:

God will save us.

Stop this annoying display of irresponsible faith. God will not save you. He has far more important things to attend to than attend to religious, hypocritical, docile Nigerians who cannot use their critical thinking faculties to fix things for themselves.
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by bfmconcepts: 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
Why are we always blaming the government for every woes?
In the case of the OP. Not all the general hospital or even health centers are bad. Infact, some are far better than many private hospitals.
However, my question is that, how many patience treated and discharged from that hospital has gone back to appreciate and give back to the society through the hospital. Afterall, you cannot compare their charges and that of the private hospitals. Giving back 10% of what they have saved you back is not too much.
If we are waiting for government to do everything, it smells doom for everyone of us.
Let's think of what we can do for our country not what our country will do for you.
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
Cele-pope:

Man, you are a clown cheesy
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 30, 2013
bfmconcepts: Why are we always blaming the government for every woes?
In the case of the OP. Not all the general hospital or even health centers are bad. Infact, some are far better than many private hospitals.
However, my question is that, how many patience treated and discharged from that hospital has gone back to appreciate and give back to the society through the hospital. Afterall, you cannot compare their charges and that of the private hospitals. Giving back 10% of what they have saved you back is not too much.
If we are waiting for government to do everything, it smells doom for everyone of us.
Let's think of what we can do for our country not what our country will do for you.

You deserve to be shot, hanged and burnt. Ewu!

2 Likes

Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by lohvang4: 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2013
The Fashola "magic" performance is all media hype compared to the revenue generated in Lagos state. Alimosho LGA gave ACN good showing during the elections (as per results announced o! Everybody knows ACN/APC method is ballot-stuffing) but there's no visible project. No good road, worst traffic(Agbero + LASTMA + settlement in Alausa), while Surulere, Lekki are enjoying good projects. Yet these high brow area's citizen stays indoor during elections.
As for Tinubu, Mimiko gave him a sound answer that what Mimiko achieved in Ondo state within 4years dwarf whatever achievement of Tinubu's 8years as gov of Lagos state. He was trounced thoroughly in the election and his pride dragged in the mud, even in the courts with the absence of Salami, he was taught a bitter lesson. This is the same way he will be tortured with defeat in Anambra even in the courts. APC and Tinubu should know that we cannot be led by the nose. We are not all for "Amala" politics or "Baba so pe" politics.
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by otokx(m): 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
This is how most Nigerian public hospitals look, yet you see the head moving in a convoy complete with state of the art vehicles complete with mobile police.
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by tunesoft(m): 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2013
Well..its not new...some general hospitals in lagos are not this bad...buh some are worse...federal hospitals have there own share...by and large, am glad the writer said treatment was good..and the mom was getting better...because when doctors go on strike to ask for better facilities..(the last strike they were on..) pple vomit nonsense saying doctors are self centered...tell me how a hospital like this will even have other basic infrastructure to handle emergencies...? it's time for people to voice out their pains...mite I also chip in that nurses are by work allocation supposed to be incharge of the wards...so they should be the ones making complaints (which am sure they mite have..) but NO u won't see them in the fore fronts of aluta or strike...cos they are always too timid nd prefer the deterioration to continue...
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by theoctopus: 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
dominique: Epe, is far from other local governments in Lagos state. That could be the reason its not getting government attention like other areas. I don't use general hospitals so I can't compare the situation there with others though I must say, its quite bad. There should be a way the ministry of health or the governor himself is notified of this.

This is the reason APC will not succeed in Nigeria. Lies, hypocrisy and brazen deceit. You people are shameless. Imagine the terrible defense you are putting up. When some of us have been shouting that fashola is a fraud and a flower planter, you sycophants have been defending him. The useless governor only attends to projects that will benefit that impostor Tinubu. He has completely neglected the masses, claiming he wants to build a Mega city. Mega Lies! Fashola is one of the worst governors is southern Nigeria. Awon ole buruku !
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by theoctopus: 5:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
Acidosis: I blame the management..

In a country where everyone is concerned about "Moni", "How much is the pay?", "Who pays the highest?", na how much be the salary"; What do you expect?

Assuming the electric fans were Nigerian 'graduates', trust me, they would have embarked on a very long & marathon strike.
But hey! Fan & Mosquitoe net na government property smiley

Lol!! Very funny nation! I only pity the innocent patients..
As for the Mgt.. They should wait for a while, Fashola is on his way to wash the nets with N50 detergent.

By the way, some of those hospital staff have private clinics & laboratories smiley
When you get there, oooh, you'll so love the neatness, maintenance and organisation smiley

Just imagine the nonsense you posted up there. You have no shame. Why not go and arrest the management then. Since fashola can do no wrong. Butt licking sycophants and Tinubu 's slaves.you people are so full of BS! disgusting
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by gratieao: 5:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
The hospital is ok as long as I'm concern if you doubt me come to Ojo health center and see things by your self

2 Likes

Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
At Op,a number of teaching hospitals in Nigeria look like what you posted talk more of a general hospital.I am not holding brief for Fashola.It is a general malaise.Nigerians need to take their destiny in thier hands.We can't just continue this way.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by shoboy9: 7:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
@OP, I feel for you but let me be sincere with you, i know at least two other hospitals that are as bad if not worse. At least you have net even if its unwashed for a year! What of hospital where you can't get toilet? People are being admitted on "pako" bed. its a wooden frame with a nylon covering and a small hole about the middle where you can stool. They say its specially for people with colera. If you see the cobwebs on the ceiling you know its been years since they were cleaned.

But as someone else said, the truth is that we condone it as a people. Its a collective guilt. If i fit reach the hospital i'll try get some pix on phone if they don't arrest me!

@OP hope your mum is better soon so you can leave the place. My sister was also said to have high blood sugar. I heard they have a special clinic in ikorodu for people with diabetes. You may want tot try it.
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by genepe: 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
Dear Kazrem, I'm glad your Mum has been receiving good Medical care and her Diabetes is getting under control. Sorry about the observations read from this forum. You will observe that a lot of renovation and construction are going on in the hospital presently which you failed to recognise nor mention in the article.
It will be a good idea if you could ask to speak to the management of the Hospital ( which is one of your rights emphasised by the present Fashola regimen). There are also phone nos conspicuously placed in the hospital of the Complaints officer. Please use this and I'm sure your complaints will be favourably looked into. Sometimes it takes an outsider to point out some obvious lapses. Sorry and Thank you again
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by Reference(m): 8:25pm On Nov 30, 2013
tunesoft: Well..its not new...some general hospitals in lagos are not this bad...buh some are worse...federal hospitals have there own share...by and large, am glad the writer said treatment was good..and the mom was getting better...because when doctors go on strike to ask for better facilities..(the last strike they were on..) pple vomit nonsense saying doctors are self centered...tell me how a hospital like this will even have other basic infrastructure to handle emergencies...? it's time for people to voice out their pains...mite I also chip in that nurses are by work allocation supposed to be incharge of the wards...so they should be the ones making complaints (which am sure they mite have..) but NO u won't see them in the fore fronts of aluta or strike...cos they are always too timid nd prefer the deterioration to continue...

But do you need 'Aluta' to wash mosquito net. C'mon man bad is bad.
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by ibuola96: 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
grin dis wat i call hospital i giv it 10 star as rating
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by bbdexk: 8:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
issue like this is every where, even in UITH ilorin, issue like non functioning fans, lack of mosquito net and the likes also exist in some wards
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by diportivo: 8:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
epe being far isnt and cant be an excuse..u should see the ones at ijede and agbowa,both on the outskirts of ikorodu to know...there is the hospitals management board(i think) that should be in charge of all things maintenance in that particular institution and others like it.and by virtue of hierachy,its a long way up before it gets to the governor;commissioner,special adviser,a whole lot of directors etc etc.....i heard of a similar incidence at the ikorodu general hospital(i be ikorodu boy)where it is rumoured that the governor himself pretended to be injured and went to the hospital with bandages all over his face...ofcos nobody answered him and the management dint know what hit them.i tend to wanna believe the story cos after that,you could see some members of staff putting on vests with the inscription 'ask me' boldly written........ i like how the op has gone about this.hopefully someone somewhere will read it and the change you desire shall be effected.....and,i wish your mum speedy recovery
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by chizel: 8:57pm On Nov 30, 2013
And fashola and his APC governors are said to be doing wonders
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by mojeer678: 9:57pm On Nov 30, 2013
chizel: And fashola and his APC governors are said to be doing wonders

How dare you? When our beloved Leader is spending sleepless nights upgrading Lagos?

Proof? See: www.scribd.com/doc/171828536/Metro-Lagos-Upgrade and be grateful
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by txswat: 10:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
@OP please send these pictures to a newspaper editor or sahara reporters. I don't know any good doctor or nurse that would even agree to work at a hospital in this type of physical condition! Most health professionals would tell you they need to make sure a patient is in a good mental state to treat them for physical issues.
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by ujoinme: 12:18am On Dec 01, 2013
LASG should sack the chief medical director of the hospital as they sacked the principal of the school that children were sitting on windows to receive lessons.

The inadequate infrastructures/deplorable conditions in those institutions are the fault of those administrators and the State govt shares no blame whatsoever! lol
The administrators are probably PDP members, the person who took the pic is from PDP and all the lagos resident who are unable to access medical care from the hospital are PDP members heck even the school kids were PDP members too.just saying.
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by prettyprettywow: 12:33am On Dec 01, 2013
tunesoft: Well..its not new...some general hospitals in lagos are not this bad...buh some are worse...federal hospitals have there own share...by and large, am glad the writer said treatment was good..and the mom was getting better...because when doctors go on strike to ask for better facilities..(the last strike they were on..) pple vomit nonsense saying doctors are self centered...tell me how a hospital like this will even have other basic infrastructure to handle emergencies...? it's time for people to voice out their pains...mite I also chip in that nurses are by work allocation supposed to be incharge of the wards...so they should be the ones making complaints (which am sure they mite have..) but NO u won't see them in the fore fronts of aluta or strike...cos they are always too timid nd prefer the deterioration to continue...
The last time ARD went on strike, I didn't read anything about them striking for better facilities, all I read was Just salary! salary!!Salary!!!, SACK CMD for not allowing us write primaries more than 6times, send us ABROAD FOR TRAINING!!!ABROAD ! ABROAD!! ABROAD!!! so after the abroad residency, they will come back and work in this kind of facility?. Don't Drs go to the wards? why do you have to shift the blame to the nurses? Typical naija mentality. Instead of suggesting the way forward, you are busy shifting blame. so nurse go turn electrician abi na? Since we have administrator(CMD) who happens to be a Dr, he should do something about that. since Drs are the best administrators. I'm sure the hospital is generating enough revenue to provide basic things for staff and patients.
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by Thomsbuky(m): 3:23am On Dec 01, 2013
Cele-pope:

Are you kidding me? Abattoir and dogs centre are cleaner than that poo call Epe Hospital.. I won't send my dog for treatment in that place, not to talk of human being. However, I am not surprised with neglected facilities usual both Federal or state argument kind of on going tussle on who is responsible... I had witnessed such a scene two years ago, in Abeokuta was told its Federal hospital, to say hello to my friend's wife who just gave birth. I saw mother and new born baby sweating, no light, in this shabby place call private maternity ward. I was told state hospital even worst than this particular federal one.. tears started coming out of my eyes, as I saw these baby first few days on earth going through stress and struggle to survive...not a good start in life. Its very disheartens and emotional kind of situation and I felt guilty because I am powerless to help my friend's family. OP, I hope your mum is feeling better now, Please take mum out of that place, if you don't want her to get another health hazard.
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by gramci: 6:29am On Dec 01, 2013
Newest APC mouthpiece on NL, welcome.

genepe: Dear Kazrem, I'm glad your Mum has been receiving good Medical care and her Diabetes is getting under control. Sorry about the observations read from this forum. You will observe that a lot of renovation and construction are going on in the hospital presently which you failed to recognise nor mention in the article.
It will be a good idea if you could ask to speak to the management of the Hospital ( which is one of your rights emphasised by the present Fashola regimen). There are also phone nos conspicuously placed in the hospital of the Complaints officer. Please use this and I'm sure your complaints will be favourably looked into. Sometimes it takes an outsider to point out some obvious lapses. Sorry and Thank you again
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 01, 2013
It is high time private companies take over management of public institutions gradually. Health sector need PPP badly.
Re: The Deplorable Conditions In Epe General Hospital by anonimi: 10:29am On Dec 01, 2013
gratieao: The hospital is ok as long as I'm concern if you doubt me come to Ojo health center and see things by your self

Oga Gratieao,

You sabi the NL standard now as you nor be JJC for here. Make you find way take plenty pictures come create thread so we go appreciate your Concerned Citizen efforts.
Shalom!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Major Ways To Shrink Your Uterine Fibroid / Minister, Pauline Tallen Contracts COVID-19 / Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.