Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? (38777 Views)

Pls How Much Do Fast Food Companies Pay Graduates? / Does Diamond Bank Recruit HND / How Much Do Immigration And Civil Defence Pay Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by tunlex01(m): 9:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
Na Laugh: (assuming 8 hr work days)

-243k = $1560 a month = $9.62/hour <-- College graduate

-Average U.S McDonald's bottom barrel staff (mop boy, cashier etc) = $8/hour = $1296 a month (202k). <-- NO education (barely speaks English)

Not a lot of income difference if you ask me. The reality is that cost of living in Lagos and Abuja is higher than very many cities here in the U.S.
While for some reason, this amount (243k) sounds too good to be true to some on this thread, it only goes to show how badly underpaid the average graduate is in Nigeria.

However, Ʊ didn't consider the value of naira to dollar
Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by Nobody: 2:50am On Dec 03, 2013
GSKing:
A graduate 30k? angry

I mean the 243k
Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by GSKing: 2:59am On Dec 03, 2013
masonkz:

I mean the 243k
ah! that's good news, money first for me o lipsrsealed
Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by Nobody: 3:04am On Dec 03, 2013
GSKing:
ah! that's good news, money first for me o lipsrsealed

Lol grin grin. Nothing do you jare.

No qualms. They're always recruiting, although I think they recently stopped cos of the backlog of new intakes yet to resume.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by seangy4konji: 5:46am On Dec 03, 2013
u must be a drunk.which bank pays 243 for a mere graduate employee...mumu
kevoh:
243k ? undecided
Is it Contract staff or entry-level full staff? Left to me I doubt if they pay up to 100 grand sef with the way banks are now.
Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by adexkem(m): 6:47am On Dec 03, 2013
if truly Banks pay 243k to graduate in Nigeria, is still far better than McDonald wages in which half of the wage goes on rent. On average, either studio or one bed room range from $400-$650 monthly depends on city. While two bedroom flat range from 250k-350k ($1600-2200) per annual in area like Ogba/Ikeja heart of Lagos. image paying your annual rent with less than two months salary. Not even registered nurse in US can does that.

quote author=Na Laugh](assuming 8 hr work days)

-243k = $1560 a month = $9.62/hour <-- College graduate

-Average U.S McDonald's bottom barrel staff (mop boy, cashier etc) = $8/hour = $1296 a month (202k). <-- NO education (barely speaks English)

Not a lot of income difference if you ask me. The reality is that cost of living in Lagos and Abuja is higher than very many cities here in the U.S.
While for some reason, this amount (243k) sounds too good to be true to some on this thread, it only goes to show how badly underpaid the average graduate is in Nigeria.

[/quote]
Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 03, 2013
stanjohn57:

@Crimaths, Take this response if its graduate entry. Plus, conversion is 'statutory' and not based on any performance.
o men see, money oh. My brother don. Hammer oh. Oh boy e, stardom here i cum.
Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by ifedayosol(m): 7:55am On Dec 03, 2013
Am sure dis guy works thr...we went tru all d test and interviews 2geda and he was successful bt I failed d final interview, so he shld be in d best position to give d ryt details and I knw dey pay dem very well
obitee69: 243k...I wrk there

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by ifedayosol(m): 7:55am On Dec 03, 2013
Am sure dis guy works thr...we went tru all d test and interviews 2geda and he was successful 2geda wit sm frnds bt I failed d final interview, so he shld be in d best position to give d ryt details and I knw dey pay dem very well
Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by ShyDare(m): 8:59am On Dec 03, 2013
jp philips:

Bull craps, Would there be a Diamond bank if pascal Dozie actually worked for passion? Africans like deluding themselves.
guy bell of blessing 4u, correct comment. Passion is gud, buh pay is better, a gud pay is da best.
Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by aboyaji(m): 9:27am On Dec 03, 2013
I don't know the idea
Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by Cornel88(m): 9:58am On Dec 03, 2013
Is it monthly or annually?
Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 03, 2013
[quote author=Cornel88] Is it monthly or annually?[/quote ] lol @annually its monthly my dear 243K monthly and that's a fact .
Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by chamber2(m): 11:55am On Dec 03, 2013
There are two categories of new recruits at Diamondbank

1. those who come in through the graduate trainee/entry level process. This group undergo a two month class room training and a four month on-the-job training which translates to a total of six months training. During this period trainees are paid 80k per month and some transport allowance all amounting to about 96k per month.

After the six months training, the trainees are converted to full staff status upon submission of all relevant educational documents and references. After confirmation, the trainee becomes an entry level staff and earns about 243,000 naira per month, and also is entitled to all priviledges, loans and allowances etc

2. Those who come in as contract staff; they may be BSC or HND holders. This group earn about 90k+ and upon satisfactory performance may be elevated to earn about 150k after six months. This group may also be converted to full staff status; which comes rarely though....

So, it depends on the category you fall into.

PS: Don't quote me, i just relayed the info as i got it from a reliable source so as to enable you make decision on this.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by chifreke(f): 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2013
GSKing:
A graduate 30k? angry
after strenous exams and interview..with one useless microfinance bank in Akwa ibom state..they offered to pay 20k...i was shocked work from(7am to 6:30pm monday to saturday)..i couldnt help to tell them how heartless and slavery it is..and was shocked to hear that 80% of their staffs are granduate and dat entry level is 20k....after 6months 25k...bullsh..t...i stormed out. i forgot to tell u dat i ve B.Tech in Mathematics with Economics 2nd class upper...Naija is abused!
#teamstartyourownbusiness#

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by Shawnalex(m): 5:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
chifreke:
after strenous exams and interview..with one useless microfinance bank in Akwa ibom state..they offered to pay 20k...i was shocked work from(7am to 6:30pm monday to saturday)..i couldnt help to tell them how heartless and slavery it is..and was shocked to hear that 80% of their staffs are granduate and dat entry level is 20k....after 6months 25k...bullsh..t...i stormed out. i forgot to tell u dat i ve B.Tech in Mathematics with Economics 2nd class upper...Naija is abused!

They are really crazy! That is not even enough for one month transport in lagos.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by onstelly(f): 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
chifreke:

Now this is what I called wickedness, 20 what
Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
chifreke:

You definitely aren't talking about Diamond bank. undecided

Diamond pays 243k per month for graduates with B.Sc
Re: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Graduates? by goldedprince: 9:33am On Sep 09, 2016
alfredo4u:
R u going for the money or the job satisfaction?

Think on how to impact life and make ur customers happy and not the money
Are u high?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. / Why Is Beard Not Allowed In Military But Moustache Is Allowed? / Gtbank Aptitude Test On Friday 9th Of Nov 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.