Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Experimental Christianity: By His Wounds We Were Healed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Experimental Christianity: By His Wounds We Were Healed (611 Views)

Baby With Heart Condition Completely Healed. See Photos + Testimony / If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not / Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experimental Christianity: By His Wounds We Were Healed by Kei144(m): 8:47am On Nov 30, 2013
He. 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Faith is the centre of Christianity. No-one can make any spiritual progress without a clear understanding of faith. Faith is “being sure” of what we hope for and “certain” of what we do not see. But what you hear in most churches actually go against the meaning of faith. They tell you not to question anything the clergy tells you. If you cannot investigate what the clergy tells you, how then could you be sure of what you hope for and how could you be certain of what you do not see? The Bible actually encourages spiritual investigation, just like scientific investigation.

One of the things I hear in religious circles is that science is in opposition to the Bible. That is a lie of the devil. The reason why science seems to be in opposition to the Bible is the unscientific mindset of most Bible believers. Science depends a lot on investigation; religious people are opposed to any attempt to verify religious beliefs. Incidentally, science helped me to hold strongly to “born-again” Christianity for many years now. When I was still new in the born-again setting, I had some reservations about the story of Noah’s flood. From what I learned in O’ level Geography about the mechanism of rainfall, I could not understand how rain could fall and flood water would cover all lands on earth. But God has a purpose for my life and fulfillment of that purpose required that I must be sure about what the Bible is talking about; so, God obviously gave me an opportunity to understand Noah’s flood from scientific point of view. I came across a book that told the story of the deluge in a scientific way. That greatly increased my belief in the Bible.

Mt. 6:30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Mt. 8:8 The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.
Mt. 8:9 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, `Go,’ and he goes; and that one, `Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, `Do this,’ and he does it.”
Mt. 8:10 When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, “I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.

Mt. 8:25 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”
Mt. 8:26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

Mt. 9:2 Some men brought to him a paralytic, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.”

Jesus talked about little faith and great faith. What makes a person to have little faith and another to have great faith? Of course, it depends on experience. Why did the Roman centurion have great faith? He somehow reasoned that there must be some unseen spirit beings that were with Jesus and that Jesus had authority over them. Whenever Jesus gave a command, these forces carried out the command. He arrived at that because he himself was a commander of soldiers. He was able to reason spiritually and he borrowed from his experience as an army commander.

This thread is about how to increase your faith. The best way is to experiment with some key points in Christianity.
Re: Experimental Christianity: By His Wounds We Were Healed by Kei144(m): 8:48am On Nov 30, 2013
Requirements

In natural science, every experiment must satisfy some necessary requirements. In the same way, in order to carry out spiritual experiments, some conditions must be satisfied. As for the Christian experiments that I will present in this thread, I want to specify the necessary conditions.

1Jn. 5:7 For there are three that testify:
1Jn. 5:8 the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

Any person who wants to perform the spiritual experiments in this thread must have the testimony of the Spirit, the water and the blood. This means that (1) the person must have a clear understanding of redemption by the blood of Jesus, (2) the person must have been properly initiated into the body of Christ by water baptism, and (3) the person must possess the Spirit of Christ.
Re: Experimental Christianity: By His Wounds We Were Healed by Kei144(m): 8:49am On Nov 30, 2013
By His wounds we were healed

1Pe. 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.

Ro. 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
Ro. 8:2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death

I have heard people complain that the Bible says that Jesus saved us from sin and from death; why do people still commit sin? Why do people still get sick? Actually, the Bible specifies the requirements for the salvation that Jesus Christ brought to the world to apply to any one. The conditions are that the person must be in Christ and the person must live by the Spirit. Any person who satisfies the conditions that I presented in my last post is already in Christ. The experiment that I recommend to be carried out simply involves living by the Spirit to find out if healing of soul and body occurs in the process.
Re: Experimental Christianity: By His Wounds We Were Healed by Kei144(m): 8:50am On Nov 30, 2013
The Experiment

2Pe. 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
2Pe. 1:4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

2 Pe 1:4 says that we can release divine power into areas of need through the promises of God. In my last post I quoted 1 Pet 2:24 and Rom 8:1-2, both of which show that anyone who is in Christ has been set free from sin and death (sicknesses). The freedom is experienced if we live by the Spirit. What does it mean to live by the Spirit? It simply means to apply the power of the Spirit of God to situations in and around you, with a view to conform those situations to the promises of God. That is why living by the Spirit begins with speaking out the promises of God and relating them to the situation at hand. This is then followed by a decree that seeks to apply divine power to the situation through the Spirit.

Pray like this: “Through Christ Jesus, the law of the Spirit of life set us free from the law of sin and death (Ro 8:2). Therefore, sin has no power over me. I have died to sins and I live for righteousness (1 pet 2:24). In the mighty name of Jesus Christ, I put to death every misdeed of the flesh in me by the Spirit of God (Ro 8:13)” Everything in my body that causes sickness, disease or infirmity in my body, I destroy you and free my body from your afflictions by divine power, through the Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus Christ!”

Instead of your body, you could direct the prayer to another person who is sick.

Try this experiment over the next one week and get back to this thread to report your experience.

(1) (Reply)

Another Trinity Blasphemy / Meaning Of My Dream / Should Churches Practice Feet Washing As Worship Ritual?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.