Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers (20417 Views)

How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna / How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp / Crises In NYSC Over Deductions From Corpers Allowee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by yomalex(m): 4:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
hmm
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by doyin68: 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
Joblessness after service is worrying the op. Does it mean he should generalize what happen in Nasarawa.for other states. how does the number of cms.in sarawa amount to 120k. Rubbish
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by Sparklingheart: 4:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
Nawaooo... In the LGA where am serving, we are asked 2 pay #100 for replacement of the old flag. We are even told 2 pay 4 d renovation of the corpers lodge though d amount hv not been announced..... All these, are they our right 2 do them as corpers?
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
D same way the Field Inspector PATANI LGA, HORACE IMIETE, 1 month to our final clearance brought up a group CDS (construction of Electronic Billboard with d inscription: WELCOME TO PATANI). He made it compulsory that all the outgoing batch A corps members will contribute #1000 each for the project and then that the local government chairman will complete the balance. We were 73 corpers posted to the Local Government in our batch. Each tym I pass thru east west road, I don't see any bill board, and 2 other batches have passed out after us
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by ignis: 5:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
Is this a news?
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by AK481(m): 5:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
Olastep1: N how does it becomes Billions ?

olodo.....500*300,000(1 year set of batch A,B,C) is what?

2 Likes

Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by hariorh: 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
ignis: Is this a news?

No its not.

Its fufu

grin
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
MissIndependent: Me i no swear any oath sha na dem sabi sad and as for money extortion, they can only collect from those they want to collect from not moi cheesy

You dun dey form Jackie chan

Make we just pray say matter no go red for us sha
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by joseph1832(m): 5:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
vanguard1: Its called service to ones nation and in the serv ice, you have to make sacrifices in every possible capacity including financially.
I just pray the money is used to construct the building not ending up in peoples pocker. I SEE NO FRAUD IN THIS.
"Service to our Nation" doesn't mean one has to be exploited. If this was truly "service to our Nation" how come it is only Corps Members whose allowances were deducted or the NYSC officials in that State don't know how to make sacrifice?

My good man, this reeks of fraud!!!
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by vanguard1(m): 6:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
joseph1832:
"Service to our Nation" doesn't mean one has to be exploited. If this was truly "service to our Nation" how come it is only Corps Members whose allowances were deducted or the NYSC officials in that State don't know how to make sacrifice?

The officials aint corp members. We are always fast to cry foul in Nigeria, afterall corps members don't pay tax.
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by joseph1832(m): 6:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
vanguard1:
The officials aint corp members. We are always fast to cry foul in Nigeria, afterall corps members don't pay tax.
So? Is that the reason why the NYSC officials decided to exploit them? The donation should not have been made mandatory plain and simple. One shouldn't use the guise of service to our nation as a motive to rip people off.
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by vanguard1(m): 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
joseph1832:

Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by vanguard1(m): 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
joseph1832:

Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by vanguard1(m): 7:02pm On Dec 02, 2013
weazley:
D last time I checked yu failed woefully in ur xpectations after voting for him..
I didn't fail...I would have been the saddest man on earth if I didn't vote for him. The wisest president Nigeria ever produced.
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by fijiano202(m): 7:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by vanguard1(m): 7:04pm On Dec 02, 2013
joseph1832:
So? Is that the reason why the NYSC officials decided to exploit them? The donation should not have been made mandatory plain and simple. One shouldn't use the guise of service to our nation as a motive to rip people off.
It ought to be mandatory, it is an Nysc thing so all NYSC members ought to donate.
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by fijiano202(m): 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
oloodo calculate the 3 Nysc batch foundation Money,Yahoo is everywhere,Yahoo liveth in Nigeria
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by oluamid(m): 7:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
I was a Lafia Batch 'B' Corper in February and I can remember paying the #500. Its all a big scam though because the building is a project an ex-corper did and got a state award for.
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by NAJALYN: 7:57pm On Dec 02, 2013
There is no doubt that those monies do not go into government coffers but into individual pockets. Current serving corpers in nairaland should find a way to expose those robbers. Awon omo ole.
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by OchukoisBlack(m): 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
It's really annoying and Daylight extortion. We were made to contribute a compulsory 500 naira to the so-called nysc foundation. now we are done with service but can't get access to the loan facility promised as benefits of the foundation. OP you're on point and I wish this could get to higher places.
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by Greaaat: 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
tongue

Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by Greaaat: 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
tongue nice
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by kingChijioke19(m): 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
That same corruption is happening now in Imo state....I did my clearance last week friday but paid 1300 plus monthly payment 300naira to my CDS presido when I haven't received alert for my november alawee....what a nation
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by solomon111(m): 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2013
How much is N500 compared to the allowance paid to corpers?
Is it only in Nigeria that the youths are called to serve their country?
Nonsense!!
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by GentleFrank(m): 9:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
NYSC SELF ! I cant wait to pss out !!
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by Barbz4u101(m): 9:07pm On Dec 02, 2013
Similar tin happened 2 batch c corps members in lafia,in oda lga's nysc foundation was 500,but d LI in lafia asked dem to pay 1000,it was d intervention of d ZI dat made him refund 500 to dem,I hope it does not happen in dis our batch,(batch A).
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by fijiano202(m): 9:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
u be mu-mu ooo,either u are given in camp or ur last month of service,it will surely locate u,no rush ooo
The flint: liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiar....serving at kwara, Nufin was collected 4rm me
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by fijiano202(m): 10:04pm On Dec 02, 2013
sorry man u are the dumbest of all solomon ever liveth,the 500 naira collect is not the issue but where is the money going,what have they done with it,Have they support the youths or corpers with loans,where are all the money collected Since 1998 when the foundation started
solomon111: How much is N500 compared to the allowance paid to corpers?
Is it only in Nigeria that the youths are called to serve their country?
Nonsense!!
Re: How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers by ycmdng(m): 10:13pm On Dec 02, 2013
Shit like these happened during my service year as Lagos Corp member. My CDS group earlier agree to renovate a toilet facility of Ikeja Junior High School but due to late fund raising and some embezzlement motive the little money in the cds purse was to be diverted to buying a computer system for the local govt NYSC office, with additional mandatory levy totalling #1500. To cut the story short, the news of it came out in The Nation Saturday edition and they (LGI, CDS Coordinator/Liaison officer) were summoned to NYSC State Secretariat and the money was refunded CASH. So no dulling my people. Mo so temi...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? / Batch B PCMs Keeping Vigil To Wait For NYSC Portal For Registration In Uyo / Alawe Increment How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.