Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo (2033 Views)

Soldier Poses Alongside Dead Body Of A Boko Haram Member In Borno..graphic Pix / Artistic Wish Of A Boko Haram Victim (Picture) / 8-Month Old Baby Who Lost Her Arm In A Boko Haram Attack Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by akinemma1: 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
A former President of Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) and leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force (NDPVF), Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, who was arrested last week in Republic of Benin, has accused those opposed to the second term ambition of President Goodluck Jonathan of masterminding his arrest.
Asari, who apparently betrayed emotion on arrival at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, Friday night, also said he was arrested and interrogated by Benin officials over an allegation from Nigeria that he is a leader of Boko Haram.
Speaking to journalists at the airport, he also described as lies the report that Jonathan sent a presidential jet to fly him into Nigeria from Benin.
His words: “Crisis is normal, it can also happen here in Nigeria, it can happen anywhere in the world. The people and government of Republic of Benin have no problem with me.
But if people alleged that somebody is a leader of Boko Haram, the government of that country will investigate the person.
”The allegation has much to do with 2015 because when you read comments on social media, you find out that people who are against President Goodluck Jonathan said they should vilify me, and make sure I die before 2015.
Asari Dokubo
But they are not going to succeed. I am not going to die. I will be present in 2015, and I will do what I am going to do to ensure that Jonathan wins in 2015. There is nothing they can do about it. This is their last fight and it is so unfortunate that the way they are going with show how immature they are.
“I just arrived from Cotonou. I drove in my car from Cotonou to Lagos airport where I boarded a flight to Abuja. The report is not true. No presidential jet was sent to me.
”I do business in Cotonou, and I have been living in Cotonou since 2008. Politically, people who are in Nigeria are trying to fabricate lies, which are not variable, and send it to Republic of Benin government. So I was taken for interrogation and they found that the allegations were false, and I was promptly released with over 20 of my staff who were also taken in.”
The former warlord, however, said his arrest was a blessing in disguise as he had an opportunity of meeting with officials of Benin after his interrogation. “I have met with the top and powerful people in Republic of Benin. Since I went to that country, I have never had any reason to meet with their government officials, but this crisis has made it possible for me to meet with all top government functionaries of the Republic of Benin. The crisis has raised my profile in that country.”
Asked whether President Jonathan intervened to secure his release, he said: “It is not just only President Jonathan that intervened, Nigerians generally intervened. The number of people that came into Cotonou the day I was taken in, and the following day, were over one thousand.”
Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/arrested-boko-haram-leader-asari-dokubo/
Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by owolabifunke14(f): 10:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
Thief

1 Like

Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by webpower84: 10:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
Asari, asari, Asari how many times did i call you?
Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 30, 2013
Nonsense. And what will they do when they see Buhari and co?
Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by GEJTILL2019(m): 10:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
Gej till 2019....

4 Likes

Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by nduchucks: 10:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
The Republic of Benin must have some evidence of Asari's links with Boko Haram before arresting him. Yet GEJ intervened on his behalf and secured his release. Asari went straight to Abuja to report to the President upon his return to Nigeria. hmmmm. May Azazi's soul RIP.

7 Likes

Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by idumuose(m): 10:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
owolabifunke14: Thief
Your comment shows Ɣ☺u are a failure.omo rada rada.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by mike404(m): 10:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
owolabifunke14: Thief
HE DON THIEF YOUR PUSSYcat. BEFORE
Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by Doyensky: 10:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
He actually luks lyk a boko-haram member.
His arrest shows dt his hands aint clean, he mst af been involvd in som shady deals n to evn fink dt he threatnd d peace of d con3, is enuff evidenc to implicate him.
Naija, a con3 wer criminals n corrupt officials go scott-free n r evn celebrated. Smh
Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by destino24(m): 10:40pm On Nov 30, 2013
ndu_chucks: The Republic of Benin must have some evidence of Asari's links with Boko Haram before arresting him. Yet GEJ intervened on his behalf and secured his release. Asari went straight to Abuja to report to the President upon his return to Nigeria. hmmmm. May Azazi's soul RIP.

Dude, even the police can bring someone in without any evidence, for questioning and release the person within 48hrs if found innocent. Same happens everywhere

1 Like

Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by fastguy10: 10:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
Asari God pass them nothing do u my guy
Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by nduchucks: 11:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
destino24:

Dude, even the police can bring someone in without any evidence, for questioning and release the person within 48hrs if found innocent. Same happens everywhere

Why did it take the intervention of GEJ to get Asari released, if it was just routine questioning? Why did Asari have to run away from the Republic of Benin, a country he has lived in since 2008, right after his release, to Abuja? If these series of events sound like the result of routine arrest, then I must say you are quite naive.

I don't understand why Asari's supporters like you do not get the fact that, the thug only takes care of his own pocket and does not care about you people. After riding and using you people and pretending to be fighting for your cause, he obtained fat contracts and money, but did he invest the proceeds in Ijaw land? Heck no, he dumped you people and went to Republic of Benin where he employed people and is purportedly building schools and Universities.

Why is he not investing in Ijawland and help to train Ijaw people? You people need to use your God given brains.

7 Likes

Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by 99100(m): 11:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
I like his guts.
He dont give a damn.
angry
Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 30, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Why did it take the intervention of GEJ to get Asari released, if it was just routine questioning? Why did Asari have to run away from the Republic of Benin, a country he has lived in since 2008, right after his release, to Abuja? If these series of events sound like the result of routine arrest, then I must say you are quite naive.

I don't understand why Asari's supporters like you do not get the fact that, the thug only takes care of his own pocket and does not care about you people. After riding and using you people and pretending to be fighting for your cause, he obtained fat contracts and money, but did he invest the proceeds in Ijaw land? Heck no, he dumped you people and went to Republic of Benin where he employed people and is purportedly building schools and Universities.

Why is he not investing in Ijawland and help to train Ijaw people? You people need to use your God given brains.
This your comment carry weight. Food for thought!
1000likes. cool

1 Like

Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by donphilopus: 11:31pm On Nov 30, 2013
99/100:
I like his guts.
He dont give a damn.
angry
He doesn't! grin grin grin
Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by 99100(m): 11:36pm On Nov 30, 2013
donphilopus: He doesn't! grin grin grin
Hope you got the message?
Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by egift(m): 11:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
PDP = Boko Haram AND Boko Haram = PDP (May God bless Azazi).

[img]http://freaknaija.files./2013/05/asari-dokubo-2.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by donphilopus: 12:05am On Dec 01, 2013
99/100:

Hope you got the message?
Partially!
Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by funnyx(m): 12:07am On Dec 01, 2013
idumuose:

Gbe enu e soun agbaya omo irankiran angry
Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by Ngwakwe: 12:31am On Dec 01, 2013
Asari Dokubo is a council member of Supreme Council/Command on Islamic Affairs in charge Islamic Pilgrimages.

The reason for his arrest, detention and eventual release may not be known to the public in the foreseeable future trying to speculate will be akin to putting the cart before the horse.

1 Like

Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by nduchucks: 12:52am On Dec 01, 2013
Ngwakwe: Asari Dokubo is a council member of Supreme Council/Command on Islamic Affairs in charge Islamic Pilgrimages.

The reason for his arrest, detention and eventual release may not be known to the public in a foreseeable future trying to speculate will be akin to putting the cart before the horse.

Why do you need to speculate on the reason for his arrest, detention, and release, when Asari himself has told you and journalists that he was arrested over an allegation from Nigeria that he is a leader of Boko Haram? He also announced to the world that GEJ secured his release. Are you saying that asari was lying when he spoke with journalists?

1 Like

Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by Brimmie(m): 12:55am On Dec 01, 2013
Funny..
Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by destino24(m): 1:20am On Dec 01, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I don't remember saying I'm asari's supporter
Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 01, 2013
A sari may be the leader of book haram, who knows? politicians can never be trusted.
Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by owolabifunke14(f): 8:44am On Dec 01, 2013
mike404: HE DON THIEF YOUR PUSSYcat. BEFORE
He no dey fear face? If he tried such my Dad would lock him up forever
Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by owolabifunke14(f): 8:51am On Dec 01, 2013
idumuose:
oponu ni e.o ni iya nile abi
Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by VICTORCIZA(m): 11:07am On Dec 01, 2013
GOD PASS THEM
Re: I Was Arrested For Being A Boko Haram Leader – Asari Dokubo by truefact: 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
most people are against Asari simply because he defend his people and Jona...

I know most people would have been happier if nobody speak up for the Ijaw people and Jona...

Asari's linked up with Boko might just be a ploy to cripple him and then Jona support...

Dont be deceived...

I rather Asari and Jona steal all the Ijaw oil money than a stranger from Niger or Chad..called Boko

(1) (Reply)

Apc Should Give Rotimi Amaechi The Vp Slot To Garner The SE/SS Votes-ifeduba / Buhari A Septuagenarian With ‘fossilised Ideas’ — Ahmadu Ali / Buhari Daughter Zahra Speaks: Dad’s Bid Is About Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.