Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,585 members, 7,837,210 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Advise To Nigerian Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Advise To Nigerian Christians (390 Views)

Funny Questions Nigerian Christians Ask Atheists.. / An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians / Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advise To Nigerian Christians by stonebridge: 3:53am On Dec 01, 2013
I Recall My MUM telling me about a man in my 'hood who became popular for engaging in money rituals just to buy the 80's edition of the Honda Prelude. You wouldn't buy that car for N50k today. Some other guy brutally murdered his brother (whom their father gave cash to travel, for the purpose of re- stocking their warehouse), just because he wanted the acquire the then rave of the moment - 1996 Pathfinder Jeep. That same vehicle is now better described as a coffin. I Remember my whole street gathered to watch a truck deliver a very large satellite dish to my neighbor's house. Today a dish one tenth that size delivers 50 times the value and is in almost every student's room. What about the Volkswagen Santana, Mercedes Benz V boot, 505 Evolution, Toyota Crown, all overtaken by latest models of Camry, Honda, Bugatti, Bentley, Jaguars, X6, Acura and Infinity.... Vanity! A lady left her true luv because some rich guy then persuaded her with a golf 1, which turned out to be the only car they ever owned till date. She found out too late that true love is invaluable. A friend declared drinks because he launched the Nokia Communicator for over 100K in 2002. Today that phone would embarrass the owner and is a joke compared to the low cost and everyday phone. What about d MTN sim card that many people went extra miles, before they bought for over N30k, today you will not buy it at N100 because all networks are begging people to even take it for free. Just recently BBM, that lots of people had to do some unspeakable things for, just because they want to PING, is now even in Techno phones. People are still making the most horrific sacrifices over 'vanity' and make enemies over worthless material things. What can I Say? Look back @ that one thing you wanted to kill or die for some years back and see what has become of it today. There is absolutely noting u can't achieve, all u need is to be on your grand, work very hand, remain focus, a little time and PATIENCE and u would thank God without regrets. No regrets of stealing, no regrets of killing, no regrets of backstabbing, no regret of poisoning etc. Things come and go, things change but God does not change.
Re: Advise To Nigerian Christians by bizmahn: 6:23am On Dec 01, 2013
How so true...soooo deep....soooo Touching...

How people will weep for the "worthless" things they sacrificed their honour,integrity,purity,eternal crown,blood relatives,fellow human beings,virginity,dignity to acquire in this present world when they stand before a Holy God.

Surely the beauty & fashion of this world passeth away and the lust thereof but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 Jn.2:17, 1 Cor.7:31.
Re: Advise To Nigerian Christians by bizmahn: 12:59am On Dec 09, 2013
bizmahn: How so true...soooo deep....soooo Touching...

How people will weep for the "worthless" things they sacrificed their honour,integrity,purity,eternal crown,blood relatives,fellow human beings,virginity,dignity to acquire in this present world when they stand before a Holy God.

Surely the beauty & fashion of this world passeth away and the lust thereof but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 Jn.2:17, 1 Cor.7:31.

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 3rd Of December 2013 / Northern Christians Allege Discrimination / God Is Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.