Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? (3107 Views)

Sunday Oliseh To Emerge As Nigeria's New Coach - BBC Sport / Which Nigeria U-17 Team Will You Consider The Greatest? ??? / Nigeria’s Super Eagles; The First African Team To Qualify For 2014 World Cup In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by naijanoni(m): 10:49pm On Dec 01, 2013
bin gbagbo:

grin grin grin where does omeruo play currently and how experienced is he? remember the world is a congregation of the bests in the world(ronaldo, ribery, messi, robben, rooney etc) can omeruo stand his own against these big names? i have my doubts

:
Omeruo plays for chelsea.He is among the 4 players that were re-called by mourinho from their loan spells last summer(Omeruo,de bruyne,lukaku,kalas).He is yet to feature this season for chelsea though.He just recovered few weeks ago 4rm a shoulder injury he got during d confederations cup.He has been training with d chelsea first team though.
Omeruo has stood his own against the likes of cavani,suarez,drogba and many others.He is only 20yrs and is been tipped to be the successor of john terry at chelsea.

1 Like

Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by kliq(m): 10:50pm On Dec 01, 2013
Op

So many tired legs in this your squad...they'll definitely crumble like cookies @ the big stage undecided
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by naijanoni(m): 10:54pm On Dec 01, 2013
Very biased.So dauda is now better than Khune ??.
Khune is d 2nd best goalkeeper in africa after Enyeama.Dauda isnt even among d best 5.
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by naijanoni(m): 11:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
I dont know about others but ask 50 african sports analyst 4rm 50 african countries to name their African XI,,30 out of d 50 would include the trio of enyeama,mikel and moses in their list.#FACT.
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by bizibrain(m): 11:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
gbosaa:

Nice one but Oboabona should replace omeruo or mensa..Micheal Essien for Mikel and Asamoah Gyan for Aubemeyang.
Essien once a great player as deteriorated tremendously 2 d bench smh, he was even d flop of d match being rated 1.5 out of 5 in chelsea 3-1 victory over southampton. He nw play 5 minutes or 2nd half dieing tym substitute game.

He was given a big chance 2day 2 start d match against southampton, but wat did he do, he screwed it up.

Essien should b manage in mayb africa 2nd XI or unuse bench.

Essien is just like yobo, d more Africans players get older, d more alarming dere incompetent is.
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by safarigirl(f): 11:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
naija noni: Goal-keepers:-Enyeama,Khune,Itandje

Defenders :- Omeruo,Kolo Toure,Assou ekotto,Kwadwo Asamoah,Didier Zakora,Efe Ambrose,Emmanuel eboue

Midfielders :-Mikel,Muntari,Andre Ayew,Yaya toure,Tiote,Alex Song

Forwards(wingers inclusive):-Gyan,Emenike,Aubameyang,Drogba,Pitroipa,Salah,Victor Moses

Starting XI:-4231

----------------Enyeama---------------

Ekotto-Omeruo-Kolo toure-Asamoah

----------Mikel------A.Song-----------

Moses------YayaToure------Pitroipa

-------------Aubameyang------------

I'll rather have quality than old/tired legs in d name of "experience".
I don't think Pitroipa can bench Emenike, I think he's over-rated, still prefer Traore
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by naijanoni(m): 11:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
Goal-keepers:-Enyeama,Khune,Itandje

Defenders :- Omeruo,Kolo Toure,Assou ekotto,Kwadwo Asamoah,Didier Zakora,Efe Ambrose,Emmanuel eboue

Midfielders :-Mikel,Muntari,Andre Ayew,Yaya toure,Tiote,Alex Song

Forwards(wingers inclusive):-Gyan,Emenike,Aubameyang,Drogba,Pitroipa,Salah,Victor Moses

Starting XI:-4231

----------------Enyeama---------------

Ekotto-Omeruo-Kolo toure-Asamoah

----------Mikel------A.Song-----------

Moses------YayaToure------Pitroipa

-------------Aubameyang------------

I'll rather have quality than old/tired legs in d name of "experience".

In my starting XI there are 4 nigerians.That is not in any way bias.Currently those XI are d best to rep africa.Nigeria had the highest no of players on the BBC award shortlist.
Nigeria also had d highest no. Of players on the CAF award shortlist.

Those who picked the nigerians arent nigerians.The shortlists for both awards were compiled based on opinions of the best soccer analysts/pundits 4rm the whole of africa.
So africa generally thinks nigeria have d best players.
So that there are 4 nigerians on my XI is reasonable and not BIAS.
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by naijanoni(m): 11:27pm On Dec 01, 2013
safarigirl: I don't think Pitroipa can bench Emenike, I think he's over-rated, still prefer Traore
It has to do with d formation i chose.My 4-2-3-1 requires two out and out wingers.In my 23-man list,there are only 3 of those(moses,pitroipa and salah),so i chose moses and pitroipa.Emenike is a no.9 and isn't a winger.I would have put emenike up front instead of aubameyang,but e go be like say i pack nigerian players too much.
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 01, 2013
safarigirl: Michael Essien replace Mikel? Niqqa what fuckery are you spewing? Essien that has been loaned to the bench for the season? He isn't even youthful enough

Essien is still a force to reckon with..Premier league where you play about 38 matches is different from world cup.Dont judge him by his performance in the league.
He is a totally different player in black stars shirt and yes i would pick him ahead of Mikel.no disrespect to Mikel but essien to me would do a better job.
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by naijanoni(m): 11:45pm On Dec 01, 2013
gbosaa:

Essien is still a force to reckon with..Premier league where you play about 38 matches is different from world cup.Dont judge him by his performance in the league.
He is a totally different player in black stars shirt and yes i would pick him ahead of Mikel.no disrespect to Mikel but essien to me would do a better job.

Thats why u can never be a coach.They both play for d same club and mikel gets chosen to play while essien sleeps on d bench.
That is enough reason for mikel to be ahead of essien in d african team.

Currently,Club performance mikel clearly outshines essien.

National team performance mikel has outshined essien.

What more would u need to judge/compare both CURRENTLY ??
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by safarigirl(f): 6:24am On Dec 02, 2013
naija noni:

Thats why u can never be a coach.They both play for d same club and mikel gets chosen to play while essien sleeps on d bench.
That is enough reason for mikel to be ahead of essien in d african team.

Currently,Club performance mikel clearly outshines essien.

National team performance mikel has outshined essien.

What more would u need to judge/compare both CURRENTLY ??
abeg help me ask am. Mikel that has been nominated for BBC and CAF African footballer of the Year, where Essien day? Even on a FIFA article on the World Cup, Mikel and Toure were the only African players listed on players to look out for at the World Cup. Who is Essien?
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by tosin2013: 8:52am On Dec 02, 2013
I dey vex o. Y do some PPP cannot just appreciate naijas dominance of African football in 2013?
I mean y d too much beef? Dis is naijas year take it or leave it. grin angry angry

Op I don't know wat ur smoking but any list without dis guys is trash
Enyeama- by form, his d worlds best right now
Khune n Austin ejide

Omeruo(he and varane of real are d worlds best youngest defenders )
kolo toure kwadwo asamoah efe ambrose asouo ekotto eboue n stopilla sunzu

Mikel, toure, Alex song, onazi, muntari

Emenike, ayew, aubeymayang, moses, drogba n eto'o

I still got space for two more players. Any of these may be there depending on formation
Pitroipa, tiote, demba ba, salah, aboutrika( won d caf CH league for al ahly) n finally kevin boateng.

Keshi is Africa's best coach by all standards n records!!!!. hatred can kill.
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by bingbagbo(m): 1:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
tosin2013: I dey vex o. Y do some PPP cannot just appreciate naijas dominance of African football in 2013?
I mean y d too much beef? Dis is naijas year take it or leave it. grin angry angry

Op I don't know wat ur smoking but any list without dis guys is trash
Enyeama- by form, his d worlds best right now
Khune n Austin ejide

Omeruo(he and varane of real are d worlds best youngest defenders )
kolo toure kwadwo asamoah efe ambrose asouo ekotto eboue n stopilla sunzu

Mikel, toure, Alex song, onazi, muntari

Emenike, ayew, aubeymayang, moses, drogba n eto'o

THAT'S your opinion cheesy

I still got space for two more players. Any of these may be there depending on formation
Pitroipa, tiote, demba ba, salah, aboutrika( won d caf CH league for al ahly) n finally kevin boateng.

Keshi is Africa's best coach by all standards n records!!!!. hatred can kill.
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by bingbagbo(m): 1:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
Asamoah Gyan might join Trabzonspor

Turkish Super League side Trabzonspor have confirmed their interest in signing Ghana striker Asamoah Gyan, according to reports in the Turkish media.

Trabzonspor have made the 28-year-old Ghana captain their prime target for January’s transfer window and are keen to him back to Europe from the Arabian Peninsula.

Al Ain – the United Arab Emirates side who own Gyan, have agreed to allow the former Udinese goal poacher leave the club for 30 million Euros after a two-year spell at the club.

Gyan joined Al Ain from English Premiership side Sunderland three seasons ago and has won the goal-king title twice since arriving in the country.

His massive contributions has also helped Ain to win the UAE Pro League title.

Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by bingbagbo(m): 1:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
Bennard Kumordzi scored his second goal for Genk in four days

Ghanaian players were in action for their clubs across the globe with many of them involved in action for their clubs. Bennard Kumordzi scored his second goal in three days for KRC Genk while Michael Essien started his first game of the season for Chelsea in the Premier League.

GHANAsoccernet.com’s Akyereko Frimpong Manson has more on how the players fared during the weekend.

ENGLAND

Michael Essien marked his first start of the season for Chelsea and he played the entire first 45 minutes for the Blues who rallied from a goal down to beat Southampton 3-1 at the Stamford Bridge.

Midfielder Derek Boateng warmed the Fulham bench in their 3-0 defeat to West Ham United at the Upton park.

Emmanuel Frimpong was left out of the Arsenal team when they thrashed Cardiff City 3-0 at the Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday.

In the Championship, winger Albert Adomah played full throttle for Middlesbrough when they beat Bolton Wanderers 1-0 at the Riverside.

German-born versatile forward Jeffrey Schulpp was an unused substitute by Leicester City who hammered Millwall 3-0 at the King Power Stadium.

Ghanaian starlet Koby Arthur was not in the Birmingham City team when they beat Barnsley 3-0 in an away fixture.

Young striker Bernard Mensah lost his place in the Watford team during their 3-0 home loss to Yeovil Town.

Carlisle United dropped to 18th on the League One table after losing 3-1 to Swindon Town. Former Liverpool youngster David Amoo came on after the break but former Ajax Amsterdam youth team player Prince Buaben was an unused sub for Carlisle United.

Elsewhere in the League Two, Kevin Amankwaah was at the heart of defence for Northampton Town when they managed a slim 1-0 win over Accrington Stanley.

Dagenham & Redbridge defeated Wycombe Wanderers 2-0 to push up the table. Scott Doe started for D&R but former Ghana striker Chris Dickson was unused. Former Arsenal youth team player Abumere Ogogo played the full 90 minutes for D&R.

SPAIN

Ghanaian youth international Fatau Mohammed warmed the bench for Granada FC in their 2-1 home loss to Sevilla.

Richmond Boaye-Yiadom lasted 72 minutes for Elche FC as they fired blank against Atletico Madrid in a 2-0 loss.

In the Segunda Division, Atletico Madrid loanee Thomas Partey Teye played the full 90 minutes and helped Real Mallorca to a 1-0 away win over Eibar.

In the Segunda B, Granada II and Algeciras drew 2-2 in a tight contest. Richard Boateng came off the bench to play 15 minutes for Granada but talented Clifford Aboagye was not in the Granada team.

ITALY

Juventus scored a last-gasp strike to beat Udinese 1-0 at the Juventus Arena. Kwadwo Asamoah was not in the Juventus team but Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu came off the bench to play for Udinese.

Chievo Verona hammered Livorno 3-0 to move further away from the relegation zone. Ghanaian international Maxwell Acosty and Alfred Duncan warmed the Chievo and Livorno benches respectively.

Midfielder Raman Chibsah played the last five minutes of the game for Sassuolo in their 2-2 draw against Cagliari in an away fixture.

Kingsley Boateng was axed from the Catania team during their 1-3 home loss to AC Milan. Milan missed Ghana star Sulley Muntari with injury.

Isaac Cofie sat on the Genoa bench during their 1-1 draw with Torino in the Serie A. Youngster Emmanuel Gyasi was not in the Torino team while former Inter Milan youngster Said Ahmed Said was not picked by Genoa for the game.

Afriyie Acquah lasted 76 minutes for Parma in their 1-1 draw against Bologna.

In the Serie B, Nii Nortey Ashong was unused by Spezia who beat Reggina 2-1 at their own backyard.

Amidu Salifu was axed by Modena in their 1-1 draw with Siena.

Masahudu Alhassan was a full timer for Latina in their 1-0 win against Juve Stabia.

Mase Nana Addo Welbeck watched from Brescia bench when they drew 2-2 against Empoli.

HOLLAND

Christian Atsu played 85 minutes and helped Vitesse Arnhem to claim a 3-0 win over Cambuur.

Elvis Manu was not picked by Feyenoord for their 3-1 win over PSV Eindhoven but Memphis Depay lasted 61 minutes for PSV.

Both Matthew Amoah and Kwame Quansah lasted the full 90 minutes for Heracles Almelo who lost 2-1 to FC Utrecht. Edwin Gyasi was axed from the Heracles first team.

Jeffrey Sarpong played in midfield for NAC Breda in their 2-2 draw against Groningen. Dutch-born Johan Kappelhof played the full 90 minutes for Groningen.

Defender Kodjo Amevor was at the bench for Go Ahead Eagles in their 3-1 loss against Heerenveen.

PEC Zwolle and KRC Waalwijk shared spoils in a 1-1 draw. Dutch-born defender Mitch Apau played the full 90 minutes of Waalwijk while Fred Benson played 87 minutes.

Shadrach Eghan came off the bench to play the last 8 minutes of the game for FC Twente in their 2-1 away victory over Roda JC.

In the second-tier league, Erixon Danso scored the first goal for Dordrecht in their 2-2 draw against Volendam.

Mustapha Yahaya was introduced in the 90th minute by Jong FC Twente who beat Sparta Rotterdam 1-0.

Patrick Amoah played the full 90 minutes for Fortuna Sittard in their 2-0 loss to Excelsior.

FRANCE

Black Stars defender Jonathan Mensah played in central defence for Evian TG who lost 2-0 at Bastia.

Jordan Ayew was unused by Olympique Marseille when they beat Montpellier 2-0.

In the Ligue 2, AS Monaco loanee Dennis Appiah played for Caen in their 1-1 draw with Angers.

BELGIUM

Bennard Kumordzi continued his fine scoring form for KRC Genk by scoring the opener in their 3-0 win over OH Leuven.

Former Ghana U17 midfielder Enock Adu Kofi was an injury-time substitute by Club Brugge when they beat KV Oostende 2-0.

Nana Asare played at lateral defence for KAA Gent in their 1-0 away win over KV Mechelen who had Ghanaian midfielder Abdul Yakinu-Iddi in their midfield.

Euegen Ansah was an unused sub by Lokeren in their 1-0 away reverse to Mons.

Former Heart of Lions midfielder Abraham Kudemor was on the bench for Sporting Charleroi when they drew 0-0 against Waasland-Beveren.

Daniel opare was an influential player in Standard Liege’s 5-0 demolition of Lierse SK with ten men.

Winger Frank Acheampong played 22 minutes for Royal Anderlecht in their 2-1 win against Cercle Brugge.

Samuel Asamoah played in defence for AS Eupen in their 2-2 drawn game with Boussu Dour Borinage.

GERMANY

Ghana star midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng was booked in the 70th minute and lasted full time for Schalke 04 in their 3-0 win over VfL Stuttgart.

Could-be Ghanaian Karim Bellarabi played full time for Eintracht Braunschweig when they lost 2-0 to Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga.

In the Bundesliga II, Baba Rahman‘s Greuther Furth beat Energie Cottbus 1-0 at the Trolli ARENA. Midfielder Charles Takyi was an unused substitute by Cottbus.

Reagy Ofosu was not in the Ingolstadt team when they lost 2-0 to Sandhausen.

In the Liga 3, Phil Ofosu-Aryeh was a full timer for MSV Duiburg in their 3-0 win over Unterhaching.

Midfielder Evans Owusu Nyarko was an unused substitute by Borussia Dortmund II in their 1-1 draw against Holstein Kiel.

Erich Berko lasted the entire 90 minutes of the game for Stuttgart II, who lost 2-0 at Jahn Regensburg.

SOUTH AFRICA

Defender Rashid Sumaila played a crucial role for Mamelodi Sundowns in their 2-1 win over Moroka Swallows.

Ghanaian midfielder John Arwuah was influential for Bloemfontein Celtic in their 3-2 away win over Orlando Pirates.

Daniel Agyei and Abdul Basit were both in action for Free State Stars who lost 2-1 to Kaizer Chiefs.

UAE

Ghana captain Asamoah Gyan scored a brace for Al Ain in their 2-0 win over Emirates Club.

Emmanuel Clottey played 74 minutes for Al Dhafra in their 0-0 stalemate with Ajman.

SWITZERLAND

Samuel Afum came off the bench to help Young Boys Bern draw 2-2 against leaders FC Basel on Sunday.

Ishmael Yartey and Ebenzer Assifuah could not play this weekend because their game was snowed off.

CROATIA

Ghana defender Lee Addy was in full time action for Dinamo Zagreb when they drew 2-2 with Hajduk Split.

CYPRUS

Carlos Ohene and Enoch Ebo Andoh were second half subs for AEL Limassol in their 3-0 away win over Alki. Mustapha Quanyor played full throttle for Alki.

Richard Kingson was suspended for Doxa’s away test to Enosis which ended 1-0 for the host.

RUSSIA

Ghana striker Abdul Majeed Waris was unused by Spartak Moscow in their 6-1 win over Volga.

Follow the writer on Twitter: @Akyereko
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by Nayah(f): 5:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
VIVA CAMEROOOOOON wonderful team spirit and country. One love Africa
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by bingbagbo(m): 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
Nayah: VIVA CAMEROOOOOON wonderful team spirit and country. One love Africa

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by denniece1(m): 10:00pm On Dec 02, 2013
even d op that chose 'one africa' as topic of thread has converted it to a ghana thread 4 ghana news..

oops,d mods hid thier thread

no wonder
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by SWEETEBUN: 10:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
register your free account with https://www.1960bet.ng/Odds/registration/affiliate5897 and get 100%welcome bonus. click her to register https://www.1960bet.ng/Odds/registration/affiliate5897
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by bingbagbo(m): 9:05am On Dec 03, 2013
denniece or whatever you call yourself, so what's the big deal?

why do you LOVE to HATE the name GHANA like that? angry
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by denniece1(m): 9:24am On Dec 03, 2013
bin gbagbo: denniece or whatever you call yourself, so what's the big deal?

why do you LOVE to HATE the name GHANA like that? angry

U should create a thread 4 ghana news...I thought the thread was for people to like select a squad of african players dey feel can rep africa well...

Ooops...u are the op..
Its ur thread so u can do whatever.
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by bingbagbo(m): 10:11am On Dec 03, 2013
denniece1:

U should create a thread 4 ghana news...I thought the thread was for people to like select a squad of african players dey feel can rep africa well...

Ooops...u are the op..
Its ur thread so u can do whatever.

thank you cool
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by Nayah(f): 11:53am On Dec 03, 2013
[quote author=bin gbagbo]

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss[/quote
Yup my beloved country
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by bingbagbo(m): 2:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
[quote author=Nayah][/quote]

GHANA THE PRIDE OF AFRICA kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by Nayah(f): 3:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
bin gbagbo:

GHANA THE PRIDE OF AFRICA kiss kiss kiss
Cameroon for sure !
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by naijanoni(m): 9:35am On Dec 04, 2013
bin gbagbo: Bennard Kumordzi scored his second goal for Genk in four days

Ghanaian players were in action for their clubs across the globe with many of them involved in action for their clubs. Bennard Kumordzi scored his second goal in three days for KRC Genk while Michael Essien started his first game of the season for Chelsea in the Premier League.

GHANAsoccernet.com’s Akyereko Frimpong Manson has more on how the players fared during the weekend.

ENGLAND

Michael Essien marked his first start of the season for Chelsea and he played the entire first 45 minutes for the Blues who rallied from a goal down to beat Southampton 3-1 at the Stamford Bridge.

Midfielder Derek Boateng warmed the Fulham bench in their 3-0 defeat to West Ham United at the Upton park.

Emmanuel Frimpong was left out of the Arsenal team when they thrashed Cardiff City 3-0 at the Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday.

In the Championship, winger Albert Adomah played full throttle for Middlesbrough when they beat Bolton Wanderers 1-0 at the Riverside.

German-born versatile forward Jeffrey Schulpp was an unused substitute by Leicester City who hammered Millwall 3-0 at the King Power Stadium.

Ghanaian starlet Koby Arthur was not in the Birmingham City team when they beat Barnsley 3-0 in an away fixture.

Young striker Bernard Mensah lost his place in the Watford team during their 3-0 home loss to Yeovil Town.

Carlisle United dropped to 18th on the League One table after losing 3-1 to Swindon Town. Former Liverpool youngster David Amoo came on after the break but former Ajax Amsterdam youth team player Prince Buaben was an unused sub for Carlisle United.

Elsewhere in the League Two, Kevin Amankwaah was at the heart of defence for Northampton Town when they managed a slim 1-0 win over Accrington Stanley.

Dagenham & Redbridge defeated Wycombe Wanderers 2-0 to push up the table. Scott Doe started for D&R but former Ghana striker Chris Dickson was unused. Former Arsenal youth team player Abumere Ogogo played the full 90 minutes for D&R.

SPAIN

Ghanaian youth international Fatau Mohammed warmed the bench for Granada FC in their 2-1 home loss to Sevilla.

Richmond Boaye-Yiadom lasted 72 minutes for Elche FC as they fired blank against Atletico Madrid in a 2-0 loss.

In the Segunda Division, Atletico Madrid loanee Thomas Partey Teye played the full 90 minutes and helped Real Mallorca to a 1-0 away win over Eibar.

In the Segunda B, Granada II and Algeciras drew 2-2 in a tight contest. Richard Boateng came off the bench to play 15 minutes for Granada but talented Clifford Aboagye was not in the Granada team.

ITALY

Juventus scored a last-gasp strike to beat Udinese 1-0 at the Juventus Arena. Kwadwo Asamoah was not in the Juventus team but Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu came off the bench to play for Udinese.

Chievo Verona hammered Livorno 3-0 to move further away from the relegation zone. Ghanaian international Maxwell Acosty and Alfred Duncan warmed the Chievo and Livorno benches respectively.

Midfielder Raman Chibsah played the last five minutes of the game for Sassuolo in their 2-2 draw against Cagliari in an away fixture.

Kingsley Boateng was axed from the Catania team during their 1-3 home loss to AC Milan. Milan missed Ghana star Sulley Muntari with injury.

Isaac Cofie sat on the Genoa bench during their 1-1 draw with Torino in the Serie A. Youngster Emmanuel Gyasi was not in the Torino team while former Inter Milan youngster Said Ahmed Said was not picked by Genoa for the game.

In the Serie B, Nii Nortey Ashong was unused by Spezia who beat Reggina 2-1 at their own backyard.

Amidu Salifu was axed by Modena in their 1-1 draw with Siena.

Masahudu Alhassan was a full timer for Latina in their 1-0 win against Juve Stabia.

Mase Nana Addo Welbeck watched from Brescia bench when they drew 2-2 against Empoli.

HOLLAND

Christian Atsu played 85 minutes and helped Vitesse Arnhem to claim a 3-0 win over Cambuur.

Elvis Manu was not picked by Feyenoord for their 3-1 win over PSV Eindhoven but Memphis Depay lasted 61 minutes for PSV.

Both Matthew Amoah and Kwame Quansah lasted the full 90 minutes for Heracles Almelo who lost 2-1 to FC Utrecht. Edwin Gyasi was axed from the Heracles first team.

Jeffrey Sarpong played in midfield for NAC Breda in their 2-2 draw against Groningen. Dutch-born Johan Kappelhof played the full 90 minutes for Groningen.

Defender Kodjo Amevor was at the bench for Go Ahead Eagles in their 3-1 loss against Heerenveen.

PEC Zwolle and KRC Waalwijk shared spoils in a 1-1 draw. Dutch-born defender Mitch Apau played the full 90 minutes of Waalwijk while Fred Benson played 87 minutes.

Shadrach Eghan came off the bench to play the last 8 minutes of the game for FC Twente in their 2-1 away victory over Roda JC.

In the second-tier league, Erixon Danso scored the first goal for Dordrecht in their 2-2 draw against Volendam.

Mustapha Yahaya was introduced in the 90th minute by Jong FC Twente who beat Sparta Rotterdam 1-0.

Patrick Amoah played the full 90 minutes for Fortuna Sittard in their 2-0 loss to Excelsior.

FRANCE

Black Stars defender Jonathan Mensah played in central defence for Evian TG who lost 2-0 at Bastia.

Jordan Ayew was unused by Olympique Marseille when they beat Montpellier 2-0.

In the Ligue 2, AS Monaco loanee Dennis Appiah played for Caen in their 1-1 draw with Angers.

BELGIUM

Bennard Kumordzi continued his fine scoring form for KRC Genk by scoring the opener in their 3-0 win over OH Leuven.

Former Ghana U17 midfielder Enock Adu Kofi was an injury-time substitute by Club Brugge when they beat KV Oostende 2-0.

Nana Asare played at lateral defence for KAA Gent in their 1-0 away win over KV Mechelen who had Ghanaian midfielder Abdul Yakinu-Iddi in their midfield.

Euegen Ansah was an unused sub by Lokeren in their 1-0 away reverse to Mons.

Former Heart of Lions midfielder Abraham Kudemor was on the bench for Sporting Charleroi when they drew 0-0 against Waasland-Beveren.

Daniel opare was an influential player in Standard Liege’s 5-0 demolition of Lierse SK with ten men.

Winger Frank Acheampong played 22 minutes for Royal Anderlecht in their 2-1 win against Cercle Brugge.

Samuel Asamoah played in defence for AS Eupen in their 2-2 drawn game with Boussu Dour Borinage.

GERMANY

Ghana star midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng was booked in the 70th minute and lasted full time for Schalke 04 in their 3-0 win over VfL Stuttgart.

Could-be Ghanaian Karim Bellarabi played full time for Eintracht Braunschweig when they lost 2-0 to Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga.

In the Bundesliga II, Baba Rahman‘s Greuther Furth beat Energie Cottbus 1-0 at the Trolli ARENA. Midfielder Charles Takyi was an unused substitute by Cottbus.

Reagy Ofosu was not in the Ingolstadt team when they lost 2-0 to Sandhausen.

In the Liga 3, Phil Ofosu-Aryeh was a full timer for MSV Duiburg in their 3-0 win over Unterhaching.

Midfielder Evans Owusu Nyarko was an unused substitute by Borussia Dortmund II in their 1-1 draw against Holstein Kiel.

Erich Berko lasted the entire 90 minutes of the game for Stuttgart II, who lost 2-0 at Jahn Regensburg.

SOUTH AFRICA

Defender Rashid Sumaila played a crucial role for Mamelodi Sundowns in their 2-1 win over Moroka Swallows.

Ghanaian midfielder John Arwuah was influential for Bloemfontein Celtic in their 3-2 away win over Orlando Pirates.

Daniel Agyei and Abdul Basit were both in action for Free State Stars who lost 2-1 to Kaizer Chiefs.

UAE

Ghana captain Asamoah Gyan scored a brace for Al Ain in their 2-0 win over Emirates Club.

Emmanuel Clottey played 74 minutes for Al Dhafra in their 0-0 stalemate with Ajman.

SWITZERLAND

Samuel Afum came off the bench to help Young Boys Bern draw 2-2 against leaders FC Basel on Sunday.

Ishmael Yartey and Ebenzer Assifuah could not play this weekend because their game was snowed off.

CROATIA

Ghana defender Lee Addy was in full time action for Dinamo Zagreb when they drew 2-2 with Hajduk Split.

CYPRUS

Carlos Ohene and Enoch Ebo Andoh were second half subs for AEL Limassol in their 3-0 away win over Alki. Mustapha Quanyor played full throttle for Alki.

Richard Kingson was suspended for Doxa’s away test to Enosis which ended 1-0 for the host.

RUSSIA

Ghana striker Abdul Majeed Waris was unused by Spartak Moscow in their 6-1 win over Volga.

Follow the writer on Twitter: @Akyereko
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by naijanoni(m): 9:45am On Dec 04, 2013
bin gbagbo:
ENGLAND
SPAIN
ITALY
Amidu Salifu was axed by Modena in their 1-1 draw with Siena. [/b]
@bin what happened to ur blackstars thread ?.Hmmmn.I cant find it anywhere.I guess thats why u are using dis thread to post ghanaian news.
Becos i dont just know why u would post this here.To show nigerians/africa how majority of ghanaian players WARMED THE BENCH for their respective clubs over d weekend ??.Becos majority of the players on that post warmed the bench.SMH.

1 Like

Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by bingbagbo(m): 10:44am On Dec 04, 2013
naija noni:
@bin what happened to ur blackstars thread ?.Hmmmn.I cant find it anywhere.I guess thats why u are using dis thread to post ghanaian news.
Becos i dont just know why u would post this here.To show nigerians/africa how majority of ghanaian players WARMED THE BENCH for their respective clubs over d weekend ??.Becos majority of the players on that post warmed the bench.SMH.

the blackstars thread has been removed by anti-Ghanaians
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by bingbagbo(m): 10:53am On Dec 04, 2013
praying and hoping fervently Ghana is paired with uruguay so we can retalliate angry
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by brownideye: 5:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
super eagles for lyfe
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by adegwurulez(m): 6:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
nigeria premier league club bayelsa united is close to signing wafu goalking.

www.nigeriasoccernet.com/wafu-tournament-goal-king-saibou-badarou-linked-with-a-move-to-bayelsa-united/

was expecting a european move since ghanaians claim wafu is the big thing
Re: ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? by Theben(m): 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
adegwurulez: nigeria premier league club bayelsa united is close to signing wafu goalking.

www.nigeriasoccernet.com/wafu-tournament-goal-king-saibou-badarou-linked-with-a-move-to-bayelsa-united/

was expecting a european move since ghanaians claim wafu is the big thing
Naija is like Europe to them grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Checkout The Highest Paid Players In The Nigerian Football League In 2018 / Sexy MMA Fighter Alex Jay Shows Off Dance Moves After Training Session / Super Eagles Qualifying Hopes Solely Hangs On Best Loser Spot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.