Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,347 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 (14376 Views)

Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 / Sunderland Vs Chelsea (3 - 4) On 4th December 2013 / Arsenal Vs Hull City (2 - 0) On 4th December 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by sureteeboy(m): 3:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
Everton manager Roberto Martinez insists champions Manchester United hold no fear for his players and he will not compromise his side's style at Old Trafford.

The Spaniard's brand of attacking football has brought a new lease of life to the team since he took over from David Moyes, the man in the opposing dugout on Wednesday night.

In the last couple of weeks - in particular the thrilling 3-3 Merseyside derby and the 4-0 rout of Stoke - the Toffees have been relentless in their approach.

Martinez sees no reason why they cannot take that attitude to Old Trafford, a ground where they have not won since 1992, or even to league leaders Arsenal on Saturday as they seek to end an unwanted record against the top sides.

''If we want to do something special this season we need to break that mentality of going to the big grounds and not being able to get good wins,'' he said.

''If you look at the last 10 years we have never beaten Manchester United or Arsenal or Chelsea or Liverpool at their own grounds and that for us is something we need to address.

''We need to make sure we are ourselves, we need to know exactly how we are going to play and who we are.

''It doesn't matter who you are playing against or where you are playing you need to be able to perform with great standards and that is a fantastic test and challenge to have on Wednesday.

''We have only had one defeat (at Manchester City) this season and that has given us a great confidence and a great understanding of how we need to approach every game.

''When we went to the Etihad we were ourselves for 70 minutes and that is no way good enough to get a positive result.

''We need to learn from that but we are excited to go to Old Trafford and pay them the respect they deserve as they are champions.

''I do feel the game at Old Trafford is as big a test as we are going to get but after 13 games in the league I feel we are ready for that.

''That's our aim. I don't know how long it's going to take us but if we want to be successful over the course of the season we should be able to go anywhere and be ourselves.

''Will that happen overnight, will that happen in five months? We will have to wait and see.

''But I think the success of a team over the course of a season is measured when you can be yourself wherever you go and whoever you face.''

Everton have no new injury worries ahead of the clash and they could face former midfielder Marouane Fellaini.

Phil Jones is suspended for Wednesday's encounter and with Michael Carrick (Achilles) ruled out, Fellaini is the obvious replacement.

Robin van Persie has ''a chance'' of recovering from a combination of groin and toe problems.

''He (Van Persie) is doing okay,'' said manager David Moyes, who comes up against his former side for the first time.

Fellaini has yet to impress his new club's supporters and is still to score, despite hitting the net on a regular basis at Everton.

But Moyes is not concerned, adding: ''It is the same settling-in process that most Manchester United players go through.

''I don't think it is just Marouane or David Moyes. It is players joining this club.

''Obviously there will be players who hit the ground running and can go right in but there will be others who take a little bit of time.

''There have been quite a few of those here.''

Moyes can certainly do without dropping more points after successive draws at Cardiff and Tottenham. Yet, for all the scrutiny on him, the Scot would not wish to be anywhere else.

''I knew the enormity of the job at Manchester United. It hasn't changed for me at all,'' he said.

''It is the biggest job and for me personally it is a great challenge.''

http://espnfc.com/en/preview/367360/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=3888
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by donphilopus: 9:14am On Dec 02, 2013
Everton shall win LIKE

4 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by sureteeboy(m): 7:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
If you think Man utd will obliterate / destroy / demolish / annihilate Everton, click LIKE

5 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by gwas(m): 10:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
Man U just have to win this match
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by sureteeboy(m): 8:07am On Dec 04, 2013
MAN UNITED FORM
Spurs 2-2 Man United (Prem)
Leverkusen 0-5 Man United
(CL)
Cardiff 2-2 Man United
(Prem)
Man United 1-0 Arsenal
(Prem)
R Sociedad 0-0 Man United
(CL)
EVERTON FORM
Everton 4-0 Stoke (Prem)
Everton 3-3 Liverpool (Prem)
Palace 0-0 Everton (Prem)
Everton 0-0 Tottenham
(Prem)
Aston Villa 0-2 Everton
(Prem)
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
Is VanP*ssy back from injury?
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by YungLaw(f): 4:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
Manutd 2-3Everton

3 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by iheanyi40(m): 5:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
Go united ,c'mon lets beat d hell outta em cool
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by laksides: 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
I forecast another draw grin grin
Man u to loose valuable point shocked
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Lordseyad(m): 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by kennypoka2(m): 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
I c Everton beating man u... just ma opinion.. BT let's wait and watch..
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by otss(m): 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
Go and Die if you hate man utd
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
lakside s: I forecast another draw grin grin

Loose or lose?
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
Another stalemate.
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by aieromon(m): 5:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
Austeenx: Another stalement.

Stalemate
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by codedflowz(m): 5:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
#Team United
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by nerodenero: 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
Man United will be disunited by Everton today. Moyes' ex-boys will go for his jugular grin
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by nerodenero: 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
Austeenx:

Loose or lose?
Loss ni oooooo
lakside s: I forecast another draw grin grin
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by renod(m): 5:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
this is a straight draw match,2-2
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Numerouuuno: 5:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
IMO,if moyes doesn't start welbeck,valencia,cleverley....we'll WIN
But if he does,we should lose for all i care.
My strating line up will be.
De gea
Smalling. Evans. Vidic. Evra
Nani. Tractor fellaini. Jones. Januzaj
Kagawa. Rooney
But if RVP is available,kagawa should replace tractor fellaini position,and rooney supports RVP.
i really hope we win sha.
GGMU.....it will be full of goals.
4-2 in favour of man utd.
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by satowind(m): 5:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
My bday loading. United go win

Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Elcapo(m): 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
He should not use kagawa, young welbeck & fellaini if he really wants to win
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by yaksman360: 5:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
Man united will teach dem some lesson watch out... Man u 2 Eve 0 smileyMan united will teach dem some lesson watch out... Man u 2 Eve 0
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Ceede19: 6:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
nerodenero: Man United will be disunited by Everton today. Moyes' ex-boys will go for his jugular grin
i guess u r 1 of those who suffer in aur hand.
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
All man utd haters should go and die. united until san marino wins world cup.
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by sirculynz(m): 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
I can't wait for this match, i hope kagawa and januzaj starts. It will definitely be a close context but utd will edge it out. I see a 2 0 victory to united with Rooney on the scoresheet.

Check out the match stats
1).Chelsea (twice) are the only team to prevent the Red Devils from scoring in their last 74 league matches at Old Trafford.
2).Everton have won none of their last 20 Premier League away games at Old Trafford (W0 D4 L16).
3) Robin van Persie has scored six goals and assisted five more in 10 Premier League starts against Everton.
4) Everton have won just two of their last 14 league
matches away from home (W2 D7 L5), but both of
those victories have come this season.
5)Belgian midfielder Marouane Fellaini netted 25 league goals for Everton including three in this fixture against
Manchester United.
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
aieromon:

Stalemate

Jeez! Did I type that?

I should be flogged for dropping that bomb! grin
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by ichidodo: 6:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
Man(ure) Football Club is going down today,No doubt
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by sirculynz(m): 6:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
To put this match in gentleman’s terms if you’ve been out for a night and you’re looking for a young lady( to win) and you pull one (won), some weeks they’re good looking ( utd playing well) and some weeks they’re not the best( didn't play well) . Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird( we might not play well today) but at least we will definitely get her in the taxi(must win).
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Dharn(m): 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
United takes 3 point dis night anyhow by robbery or crook
Re: Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Eseharrison(m): 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
Except Everton self capitulate like B. Leverkuson did in UCL, I c man utd droping points.

Man utd lack d cutting edge under moyes, playing frantically and salvaging draws as if draws wins leagues

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Napoli Vs Manchester City: UCL (2 - 4) On 1st November 2017 / EFL Cup QF Draw: Utd Vs Colchester; Man City Vs Oxford; Liverpool Vs Villa / Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Manchester United: FA Cup (0 - 0) On 4th January 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.