Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Final Anambra State Governorship Election Result From INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Final Anambra State Governorship Election Result From INEC (6801 Views)

Some Kogi Governorship Election Result 2015 / Buhari Receives Certificate Of Return From INEC / Photos From Fire Incident From INEC Office Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Final Anambra State Governorship Election Result From INEC by 1MCN: 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2013
The final Anambra state Governorship election
figures from INEC:
(1) Willie Obiano (APGA) = 180, 178 votes
(Declared Governor-elect)
(2) Tony Nwoye (PDP) = 97, 700 votes
(3) Chris Ngige (APC) =95, 963 votes
(4) Ifeanyi Ubah (LP) = 37, 495 votes
Total number of votes cast = 442, 242
Total number of valid votes = 425, 254
Total number of rejected votes = 16, 988
APGA won in 16 Local Govt Areas: Aguata,
Ayamelum, Anambra East, Anambra West,
Anaocha, Awka North, Awka South, Ekwusigo,
Ihiala, Njikoka, Nnewi South, Ogbaru, Onitsha
North, Onitsha South, Orumba North and
Orumba South.
The PDP won in Oyi and Dunukofia.
APC won in Idemili North and South.
Labour party won in Nnewi North.
Re: Final Anambra State Governorship Election Result From INEC by 1MCN: 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2013
Culled from .com
Re: Final Anambra State Governorship Election Result From INEC by 1MCN: 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
Meanwhile, the Acting national publicity secretary of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Alh. Lai Mohammed has vowed that the APC will challenge the outcome of the election in court. The governor-election has urged the other contestants to join forces with him to bring the desired change and development in the state while saluting their desire to work for the growth of Anambra state.
Re: Final Anambra State Governorship Election Result From INEC by Utorogwu: 6:18pm On Dec 01, 2013
I knw Ngigi wil be tinking of going 2 court wit his blod suckers party. Hahahahahahahaha a loser wil always remain a loser.
Re: Final Anambra State Governorship Election Result From INEC by 1MCN: 10:08pm On Dec 01, 2013
Utorogwu: I knw Ngigi wil be tinking of going 2 court wit his blod suckers party. Hahahahahahahaha a loser wil always remain a loser.
It's rather disturbing that the problem the people of Anambra (and indeed Nd'Igbo) seem to have with Ngige is not his personality but his party. This has a lot to tell us about the Nigerian politics and the political populace.
Re: Final Anambra State Governorship Election Result From INEC by 1MCN: 10:11pm On Dec 01, 2013
It's my hope and expectation that now that Obiano has won he'll deliver on his mandate. His slogan was Willie Will Work. Let's watch and see.
Re: Final Anambra State Governorship Election Result From INEC by 99100(m): 10:25pm On Dec 01, 2013
1MCN: It's my hope and expectation that now that Obiano has won he'll deliver on his mandate. His slogan was Willie Will Work. Let's watch and see.
And indeed Willie Will Work.No room for APC in S/E.
Re: Final Anambra State Governorship Election Result From INEC by 1MCN: 7:03am On Dec 02, 2013
99/100:

And indeed Willie Will Work.No room for APC in S/E.
I feel that the APC knew it pretty well that it can't win APGA in Anambra (at least not now) but it had to give it a shot. If the APC had taken that unnecessary rally it had in Abuja to Anambra the news wont have been cheering at all. It'd only make sense for Ngige to swallow his pride and allow the result as it is rather than waste the fund his party'd use to prosecute governorship elections in Osun and Ekiti states in 2014 and the general elections in 2015.
Re: Final Anambra State Governorship Election Result From INEC by gerald09(m): 5:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
1MCN:
It's rather disturbing that the problem the people of Anambra (and indeed Nd'Igbo) seem to have with Ngige is not his personality but his party. This has a lot to tell us about the Nigerian politics and the political populace.
I guess u wuld call dem names cos they refuse to vote APC, yes it was all bout tribe but has APC not been fronting the party as a party for the North/SW the same way APGA as bin fronted as an igbo party. Wuld SW vote for an APGA party member as governor of lagos state? Please really look in b4 u ans.
Re: Final Anambra State Governorship Election Result From INEC by HappyJoe: 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
1MCN:

APC should fix its perception issues. The fact that all South Western APC governors take direct orders from Bourdillon (Tinubu) doesn't help the image of the party in Anambra State. Igbos are the last people who want their governors to be controlled by Tinubu - & the fact that there is NOT one single independent APC governor in the South West doesn't help matters.

During APC campaigns in Anambra State, how many people from the North came? It was just Tinubu and his group. Do you think Ndigbo want to join that group that has zero internal democracy. If their governor joins APC nko? Will his voice be heard when issues that really matter are discussed.

You people really need to do a few things.

1. UNDERSTAND why Ndigbo are not yet sold on APC. Merely shouting "bigot" at every turn isn't going to help anyone.
2. DEMONSTRATE that internal democracy works in APC first. Look, if I was a Yoruba person, I'd jump on the APC bandwagon - but if you were Igbo, would you want to join a party with as little internal democracy as APC?

Now some people will insult me, but the smart folks will think about what I just wrote.
Re: Final Anambra State Governorship Election Result From INEC by enigmang: 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
1MCN:

No matter how we try to avoid it.. we still vote with tribal sentiments… there is no way APGA will win LAgos even if Tinubu is the flag bearer...
Re: Final Anambra State Governorship Election Result From INEC by HappyJoe: 8:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
enigmang:

No matter how we try to avoid it.. we still vote with tribal sentiments… there is no way APGA will win LAgos even if Tinubu is the flag bearer...

That's not true, Ngige won a senatorial election in Anambra State on the platform of ACN. That can never happen in the South West - APGA cannot even win Local Government chairmanship in Amuwo-Odofin. So people should remove the figurative log in their eyes before they start pointing to specks in other people's eyes.

The other important consideration that people in the South West tend to flippantly ignore is "sectional interests". It is very easy to see how APC protects the South West's "sectional interests", but what exactly does APC offer the South East?

This is not the time to give us nice sounding nonsense about APC "being the party of progressives". Yerima is there, Ikimi is there, Modu Sheriff and all sorts of rogues are all there. The only reason why those Northern governors left PDP for APC is because PDP isn't going select a Northern candidate for the presidency in 2015.

In simple language, Kwankwaso & Wamakko would have never left PDP if Jonathan was an Hausa man - so anyone who wants to pretend that "APC has nothing to do with tribal politics" is welcome to continue deceiving himself or herself.

The major reason APC exists is to make an Hausa man president. We in the South East don't see anything special about an Hausa man and we don't believe they'll magically transform Nigeria when they control Abuja. If that was the case, Nigeria would be looking like Dubai right now.

If APC was about nominating a competent person irrespective of his ethnic affiliation, there would be more acceptance in the South East - a South Easterner could even join the primaries and contest for presidential candidate. But what exactly is the South East going to get out of APC? At the most the vice-presidency. Is that enough for all of us to leave PDP and then play not even second fiddle (that position is for Yorubas), but third fiddle in a political party?

Secondly, you need to understand that the South East isn't crazy about the presidency. They just don't want a Nigeria where the North is as dominant as it was in the past - they want a more level playing field. Whatever Yoruba people say, APC is about returning certain segments of the North to a dominant position - and that automatically excludes Northern Christians, Igbos and people from the Niger Delta.

So we people in Anambra don't want to elect a governor who will actively work against President Jonathan and what we perceive to be our "sectional interests" (exactly what Rochas is doing in Imo State).
Re: Final Anambra State Governorship Election Result From INEC by 1MCN: 7:48am On Dec 04, 2013
HappyJoe:

APC should fix its perception issues. The fact that all South Western APC governors take direct orders from Bourdillon (Tinubu) doesn't help the image of the party in Anambra State. Igbos are the last people who want their governors to be controlled by Tinubu - & the fact that there is NOT one single independent APC governor in the South West doesn't help matters.

During APC campaigns in Anambra State, how many people from the North came? It was just Tinubu and his group. Do you think Ndigbo want to join that group that has zero internal democracy. If their governor joins APC nko? Will his voice be heard when issues that really matter are discussed.

You people really need to do a few things.

1. UNDERSTAND why Ndigbo are not yet sold on APC. Merely shouting "bigot" at every turn isn't going to help anyone.
2. DEMONSTRATE that internal democracy works in APC first. Look, if I was a Yoruba person, I'd jump on the APC bandwagon - but if you were Igbo, would you want to join a party with as little internal democracy as APC?

Now some people will insult me, but the smart folks will think about what I just wrote.
If I was in Anambra, and if I had franchise in that election I'd probably not vote Ngige, maybe not because of his APC party but because of the politicing that went on in his camp: the Osun criminals that came to rig for him; the campaign of calumny; the overt desperation of his party; etc. But judging from Ngige's past governance there's been no arguments that he worked hard even under very uncomfortable situation.

(1) (Reply)

See The New Look Of A Federal Road Governor Ugwuanyi Of Enugu Is Constructing(pi / Olawepo Hashim: ANN Is Third Force / Farouk Yahaya: 7 Things You Must Know About New Chief Of Army Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.