Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,796 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal (10009 Views)

Wike's Victory At Supreme Court: No Victory Yet. / PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections / PDP To Challenge Buhari’s ‎victory At Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by nduchucks: 11:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
APC has accepted the advise of President Goodluck Jonathan in the concluded Anambra governorship elections, to keep their bids for redress within the bounds of legality and decorum.

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has said it would go to court to challenge the conduct of last weekend's supplementary election that gave the All Progressive Grand Alliance candidate, Chief Willie Obiano victory in the Anambra governorship election.

With the result of last Saturday's supplementary election, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), declared Obiano winner of the governorship contest having polled a total of 180, 178 votes to PDP's Tony Nwoye who came second with 97,200 votes. APC's Senator Chris Ngige came third with 95,963 votes and LP's Ifeanyi Ubah who polled 37, 495 votes.

APC's interim National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Muhammed told THISDAY Sunday in a telephone interview that the party will go to court to cancel the supplementary election, describing it an illegality.

"This election is an illegality. Under the Electoral Act as amended there is no provision for a supplementary election and we are going to challenge it in court, " he said.
Details to follow

Source

1 Like

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by citizenY(m): 12:03am On Dec 02, 2013
BE CAREFUL WHAT U WISH FOR
Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by asha80(m): 12:03am On Dec 02, 2013
which one do they want to cancel....the whole election or supplementary election?

3 Likes

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by Aromas: 1:42am On Dec 02, 2013
Confused party with confused leaders

2 Likes

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by Kingsley1000(m): 5:57am On Dec 02, 2013
Comment loading...
Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by BishopMagic: 6:45am On Dec 02, 2013
I can see Ngige cringing when presented with the legal fees.

2 Likes

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 02, 2013
So predictable. tongue
Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by oshyno(m): 7:00am On Dec 02, 2013
That means Ngige and Okorocha will be removed from office too since they won through supplementary election.

Confused people.

10 Likes

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by lovat(m): 7:07am On Dec 02, 2013
APC is a lost cause in Anambra state and NGIGE has been demystified, he should give up he can't win even in court.

2 Likes

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by Afam4eva(m): 7:08am On Dec 02, 2013
I hope APC realizes that they came third in the election and not second. I wonder what they expect at the end of the day.

5 Likes

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by BishopMagic: 7:12am On Dec 02, 2013
Afam4eva: I hope APC realizes that they came third in the election and not second. I wonder what they expect at the end of the day.

3RD Place award offcourse
Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 02, 2013
APC will fail woefully in the courts. The election was very clean except for few areas where INEC had human related challenges (either due to compromised INEC staff or desperate politicians). And to make matters WORSE for APC, elections was been repeated in those few areas where INEC had challenges, irrespective of the boycott. So in the end, the election has been won and LOST. Nothing different will come out from the courts.

3 Likes

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by ChideraFavour(m): 7:23am On Dec 02, 2013
Hey! Ngige or whteva dey call u take it or u leave it Obiano is now d governor elect so mind d way u adress him frm now, ds's just d beginin com 2015 ur loosn ur senatoral post, if u lik go n start wastn ur money in court even if d election is canceal ten tims u can neva win any election in Anambra state again

3 Likes

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by FreeGlobe(f): 7:31am On Dec 02, 2013
Afam4eva: I hope APC realizes that they came third in the election and not second. I wonder what they expect at the end of the day.
with the new electoral act the courts can no longer award victory to candidates. The only thing they can do is order the rerun of flawed elections like this so even the last placed candidate can challenge an election in court.
Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by FreeGlobe(f): 7:33am On Dec 02, 2013
Chidera Favour: Hey! Ngige or whteva dey call u take it or u leave it Obiano is now d governor elect so mind d way u adress him frm now, ds's just d beginin com 2015 ur loosn ur senatoral post, if u lik go n start wastn ur money in court even if d election is canceal ten tims u can neva win any election in Anambra state again
jokers. Enjoy your fantasies.
Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by Afam4eva(m): 8:02am On Dec 02, 2013
FreeGlobe:
with the new electoral act the courts can no longer award victory to candidates. The only thing they can do is order the rerun of flawed elections like this so even the last placed candidate can challenge an election in court.
I'm only suggesting that it may turn out to be a fruitless endeavor as we haven't been provided with proofs by APC that the election was flawed save for the electoral commissioner that was compromised. The election cannot be annulled based on that alone. Mind you, i supported Ngige to win this election.

2 Likes

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:13am On Dec 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm only suggesting that it may turn out to be a fruitless endeavor as we haven't been provided with proofs by APC that the election was flawed save for the electoral commissioner that was compromised. The election cannot be annulled based on that alone. Mind you, i supported Ngige to win this election.

Na wah for you AFAM! Dont you know that "supplementary" election is unknown to law or electoral act. That one alone is enough to cancel the damn thing. Beside, APC has about 3 "Ghana Must Go" full of evidence to prosecute their case. So stop crying more than the bereaved. Let the lawyers enjoy their profession cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by scribble: 8:17am On Dec 02, 2013
you would think that common sense would prevail...some people sha...

Ngige should challenge it, and Im sure he will have no problem with legal fees and im sure he will win in the rerun elections...INEC go spend money sha

1 Like

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by FreeGlobe(f): 8:23am On Dec 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Yeah I remember clearly you endorsed Ngige but I understand the propagandas of the Peter obi e-warriors may be taking its toll on you. grin
However incase you think APC is going to court based that you stated above alone then take a look at this:
http://www.punchng.com/news/you-have-enough-evidence-to-cancel-anambra-poll-apc/

Like someone said, there is really a Ghana Must Go full evidence to approach the court with from this election

1 Like

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by BabaEleko(m): 8:48am On Dec 02, 2013
If this is true then Obiano should quit dancing cos this is not gonn be child's play and prepare himself. There are strong evidence against him and looking at how many elections we're overturn in favor of oppositions in the last election, I believe Obiano will be surely booted out because he didn't win that poll.

2 Likes

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by Ozonna(m): 9:12am On Dec 02, 2013
people underestimate Peter Obi too much. If dat election was rigged, be rest assured dat Peter Obi employed d services of a panel of SAN's to advice him on how to go about d rigging dat even d best judge in d world will not find any evidence to nullify d election.

Nwoke ahu bu akpa sense

5 Likes

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 02, 2013
The Should first off, Challenge the deportation of Igbo Lagosians and also challenge the autocratic imposition of Iya Lo Ja in Igbo Market against popular norms. Lest I forget, they should also challenge the lie perpetrated by their arrow-head FFK against beautiful Ojukwu's wife.

Above are precursors of APC failure in Anambra State and soon in Imo State.

Billyonaire - Truth teller.

11 Likes

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by LMAyedun(m): 9:35am On Dec 02, 2013
Better for them!
Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by Austinodark(m): 9:37am On Dec 02, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:

Na wah for you AFAM! Dont you know that "supplementary" election is unknown to law or electoral act. That one alone is enough to cancel the damn thing. Beside, APC has about 3 "Ghana Must Go" full of evidence to prosecute their case. So stop crying more than the bereaved. Let the lawyers enjoy their profession cheesy
Supplementary election is unknown to law or electoral act but Ngige won his senate and Okorocha won his governorship election through supplementary elections,Hypocrites!

8 Likes

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by enigmang: 9:37am On Dec 02, 2013
scribble: you would think that common sense would prevail...some people sha...

Ngige should challenge it, and Im sure he will have no problem with legal fees and im sure he will win in the rerun elections...INEC go spend money sha

But Ngige did not even come second.. Even with Nwoye just having about 10days to campaign... I really doubt he will win a rerun..
INEC money na FG money so no fear it never dries...
Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by Sagytarius(m): 9:37am On Dec 02, 2013
Each time I see the name FreeGlobe, what comes out of my mouth is "SeeGobe" cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 02, 2013
I support! cool
Say no to rigging and fraudulent elections. cool

1 Like

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by strangest(m): 9:41am On Dec 02, 2013
Sharia court will be better... Keep crying... Willie just drove into the government house... Mind you, we are still with the confessional statements of the 181 osun...

1 Like

Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by Kairoseki77: 9:42am On Dec 02, 2013
Simple thing that most people are ignoring:

APC and PDP got an equal number of votes.

That single fact is the reason the G7 govs joined APC just days after the Anambra election.

You must pay attention! 2015 will not be APGA vs APC, but PDP vs APC. wink

Anambra Election Results

PDP: Tony Nwoye of PDP came second with 97, 700.
APC: Chris Ngige of the APC came third with 95, 963.
Re: APC To Challenge Apga's Victory At Tribunal by Zet72(m): 9:42am On Dec 02, 2013
ndu_chucks:
APC has accepted the advise of President Goodluck Jonathan in the concluded Anambra governorship elections, to keep their bids for redress within the bounds of legality and decorum.

undecided
Another wasteful expedition, a lost battle... tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria's Forex Reserves Rise 5.6 Pct Month-on-month By July 22 - REUTERS / Buahari’s Campaign: APC Commends Akwa Ibom Government For Releasing Stadium / President Buhari Celebrates Chris Ngige On His 69th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.