Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Anambra: APGA Thanks President, Obiano Woos Ngige, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: APGA Thanks President, Obiano Woos Ngige, Others (520 Views)

Ocholi's Service Of Songs: Osinbajo, Fashola, Ngige, Others In Attendance (Pics) / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Atiku, Ngige Others Visits Fashola. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra: APGA Thanks President, Obiano Woos Ngige, Others by gratieao: 6:14am On Dec 02, 2013
The All Progressives Grand Alliance on Sunday threw a huge party at the riverside town of Aguleri, Anambra State, to celebrate its winning the 2013 governorship election, concluded early on Sunday morning.

But the All Progressives Congress candidate, Senator Chris Ngige, described the elected Willie Obiano as an impostor and declared that the struggle to restore the right of the people to choose their leadership had just begun.

National Chairman of APGA, Chief Victor Umeh, thanked the people of Anambra State, Governor Peter Obi and, particularly, President Goodluck Jonathan, who he said used their faith in democracy to ensure that the popular vote, prevailed.

He dedicated the victory to the late Biafran leader, Chief Emeka Ojukwu, saying, “The light which our late leader put on while he was alive is now shining gloriously with this victory.”

With the victory of APGA in Anambra State, Umeh said he was now well positioned to hand over the leadership of APGA to another trusted hand.

Obiano, in his speech, thanked the people of Anambra for identifying with the vision of Ojukwu to bring the entire Igbo people under one political umbrella.

He promised to sustain the pace of development put in place by Obi, adding that the outgoing governor was overwhelming in his support.

“I must also at this point thank specially first INEC for conducting a very free and fair election; to the President for the great support he gave to ensure that this election was free and fair. I want to reassure him that all the support he got from Governor Peter Obi, I will very equally reciprocate or do much more.”

The governor-elect said the task of building the state was not one to be left for one person, saying, “I specifically urge my brothers, Tony Nwoye, Ifeanyi Ubah, Senator Chris Ngige and Godwin Ezeemo to join us in the march to make Anambra a better place.”

But the APC, in a statement by the Director of Media and Publicity of Ngige Campaign Organisation, Chief Charles Amilo, described Obiano’s election as “an Abuja-assisted heist,” which the people will surely struggle to overturn.

It said, “Since those who unjustly claim victory are not affording the luxury of even mere celebration, we whose right is lost cannot afford to slumber, let alone sleep.

“We encourage the majority that have been disenfranchised never to entertain any fear that their right will be lost, except, their country will also be lost.

“Every Anambra State voter, irrespective of background, class or creed shall have the right, subject to wilful refusal to vote. And so shall it be. We thank those who supported us with prayers and voted with their feet and mind.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/anambra-apga-thanks-president-obiano-woos-ngige-others/
Re: Anambra: APGA Thanks President, Obiano Woos Ngige, Others by lincolnj88: 6:22am On Dec 02, 2013
pls send my condolences to ngige, tinubu, buhari and nairaland apc e suporters
Re: Anambra: APGA Thanks President, Obiano Woos Ngige, Others by Controversy: 6:24am On Dec 02, 2013
Obiano, if you are not ready to govern give it to PDP. Why invite cankerworm to the people’s government. Check through from Adamawa, Sokoto, Kano, etc, the governors were not originally in PDP, their acceptance into PDP and being entrusted to positions in the state made them mad, and they have since gone back after destroying the fabric of PDP. Allow him to go and take up appointment in Kano state or remain irrelevant to whittle the APC madness. Does Britain appoint opposition?
Re: Anambra: APGA Thanks President, Obiano Woos Ngige, Others by Kingsley1000(m): 6:25am On Dec 02, 2013
That's nice,the only prob i'll have with this man is if he's n't faithful and steadfast,if he can aggressively ensure the pace of development in anambra,he'l be welcomed....We don't need any dullard governor in this 21st century #peace
Re: Anambra: APGA Thanks President, Obiano Woos Ngige, Others by Zonacom(m): 6:40am On Dec 02, 2013
Welcome on board my governor

(1) (Reply)

Why Should Nigerians Feed The President? / APC Sweeps Yobe LG Polls. / Naija-graduates To Storm Lagos With Beautiful Nubia And Others:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.