Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

The Uk Or America: Which Is your IT-driven Dream Country? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Uk Or America: Which Is your IT-driven Dream Country? (875 Views)

Help:..please Does Anybody Know How I Can Make A Gps Driven App / Urgent Need For A Database Driven Website Using Php And Mysql. / How To Implement Database Driven Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Uk Or America: Which Is your IT-driven Dream Country? by angelchyke(m): 2:41pm On Jul 24, 2008
I was really wondering about my life and about my career path, and I happened to come to the conclusion that for a nerdy kind of guy like me, Nigeria may not really be the right place to dedicate life to IT and enjoy it as well (save for a few cities like Abuja).

Now my question is this: between the UK and the United States of America, which one do you guys think a dedicated, professional and damn-good IT person will enjoy, without financial benefits if the need arises? If you think the best country for IT development is not within the boundary of these two countries, name your choice country. Thanks guys for sharing my thought!!!!
Re: The Uk Or America: Which Is your IT-driven Dream Country? by Binary(m): 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2008
Gud! I think you are getting it wrong. If you really want to grand yourself in IT world , you would nt have mension UK or America. Reason base on the fact that the us you are talking about is not even equiped as Indian.Yes Indian! there are taking over IT world. I have friends in Indian, they are doin better. Indian may be a poor country for now. just watch out for them in few years from now. if you can spend 6months in Indian you will full equip. After the training , u can now go over to uk or us. I have already made enquiries. Their are good. If you want us to work hand in hand to travel down, dont fail to contact me. I like you passion and zeal for programming, keep it up. i want u to visit Future Nigeria Project @ www.nysdf.net (Nigeria Youth Software Developers Forum and register. it is free. share your ideas, is for only software .
then you can contact me through the site and let us talk about made in Nigeria software.
, From Binary
Re: The Uk Or America: Which Is your IT-driven Dream Country? by A40(m): 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2008
India is definitely a good place to train especially if you are into Database Administration or Programming but definitely US is where its at when it comes to IT jobs Europe isnt that bad too i heard Holland and probably Belgium are nice places you could end up working
Re: The Uk Or America: Which Is your IT-driven Dream Country? by aphoe(m): 1:21am On Jul 30, 2008
naija!
Re: The Uk Or America: Which Is your IT-driven Dream Country? by ayobase(m): 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2008
of ur two options, US is better.
But u need to check d Asian Contries out.
They are Damn Good!!!
Re: The Uk Or America: Which Is your IT-driven Dream Country? by javalove(m): 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2008
aphoe:

naija!

ban dis guy smileysmileysmiley
Re: The Uk Or America: Which Is your IT-driven Dream Country? by A40(m): 7:18pm On Aug 14, 2008
For real especially if you are Database or Programming inclined India is where its at
Re: The Uk Or America: Which Is your IT-driven Dream Country? by webguru(m): 11:03am On Aug 15, 2008
The USA

heavily influenced by 24 - series

wld love to work wt FBI or CIA for a while

and life is far better there than india, besides it'd b hard to understand them
i dont understand indians at seminars and they're speaking english!

pls invite naija reps for seminars or expos nt indians so we can hear

CTO et al take note

(1) (Reply)

Programing( It Certification Or Degree) / 2008 Visual.net C++ Palindrome Program / Questions I've Got About Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.