Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Create A Culture Of Success For Yourself - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Create A Culture Of Success For Yourself (676 Views)

What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? / Do African Americans Have A Culture? / The Marvelous Culture Of The Igbos And Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Create A Culture Of Success For Yourself by ladionline: 11:42am On Dec 02, 2013
Our quests for success start all the way from childhood. Way back, we anticipated the good life and our prosperous destiny. Life is beautiful and future is promising to us as kids. We always know that soon, our life will blossom.

Life has been faithful in that we are preserved and nurtured to growth. But only few among us kept to the dreams of the great future we foresaw as kids. The rest had let go of the dream in chaos of daily living.

Such spirits could have met with success if they had followed through with their childhood dreams, believing it to be possible. All our dreams are attainable, but not all of us have the tenacity to stay our quest.

We often miss the dream via poor judgments, based on challenges at hand. We start living and deciding all we do on our own faulty premises of not enough resources to go for our dreams.

We gradually halt our pace to push towards our destined glory by not questioning our answers. We become attached to the moment and its pains. Then we sail with time from the environment of our dreams by many miles.

Then we finally arrive at a distance, a long gulf now exists between us and the dream, so we give up. Well I think we have to, sound so bad but, the dream has become impossible as great time has passed and event has overtaken the relevance of our dreams.
More so, we look at our lives and wonder why we are in such a fix and find someone or something to blame. We never ask “how can I become who I wanted to become?”And that would have made all the difference. A stitch in time saves nine.

My peers and I would say, “I want to be a doctor”, “I want to be a lawyer” “I want to be a pilot!” and so on. No one among us ask how can we be a ... At the end we say how we wish we can. The pride may be the problem.

Of course, we should have...we could have....we would have...ahrg! That is the usual bail-out. What we did is, we did nothing, but time kept ticking, ticking away for ever. We were only hoping on hope. Why? Of course, money is the problem. And that is it. The problem is the problem, not [i]we.

Who is focusing on the problem now?

Whatever you focus also focus on you brethren. When I say money is the problem, I get a good feeling that I am right, but the good result instantly evade me for being right. I choose good feeling over good result. Like the popular version, "government is the problem", "god is the problem", "witches are the problem", "poverty is the problem", "education is the problem", "Nigerian factor is the problem".

How about You being the problem? Have you ever met the enemy within?

I can choose to be right or have the right result. For once, I am right to think that money is my problem. Don’t I know what my problem is? But wait, who has the problem, me or money for instance? I am the one with the problem; I make myself unattractive[/i]to money somewhere somehow, in my mind. So I have the no-money flu!

Soon I keep repeating my mind set, and keep getting instance [i]good feeling
that I am right, I'm not the only one in this predicament. It feels so good men, the world is unfair to us. And so, little by little (later) good result kept evading me. At last, my dreams become a bye word. I did myself in for not minding my business but minding my problems.

Soon I felt I really don't deserve my dream, I'm not born with silver spoon. But I don't say it that way, I rather say, you know, i am suppose to be great but, they have seen my star. who are they? if that excuse is not good enough, I will create another one, loading...

Back in time as children, we believe just like you too that there is nothing God cannot do, but we never ask God to do anything for us in this respect nor did we do anything in line with what we want.

Of course, there is nothing God cannot do, you are right. Hug and handshake, granted. But isn't this a poor man’s excuse all along, that God will come to the rescue at the nick of time? God has done everything already, what can you do? Period.

The drift is these, whatever you want, go for it. Pray on your way as you go. Do not sit back and say, ‘there is nothing God cannot do,’ God is not your (or my) employee. You do what you must do, and then God will crown your effort. It is as simple as that.

Something has already taken effect in us as little people, a visualization of our glorious destiny. A glorious destiny is our childhood quest. Meantime that’s what an age like that is meant for, catching a dream of a lifetime.

Thanks for your time,
But,

Create a culture of success for yourself as you move forward in life. See you at the top!

Yours faithfully,

Ladi Akinleye.
Re: Create A Culture Of Success For Yourself by fluteman: 11:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
God bless you and increase you in wisdom, knowledge and understanding. He who has ears, let them hear!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Was Given Birth To July 4 1990.united State Of America Was Created July 4 1776 / 13 Things Only A Lagos Entrepreneur Will Understand / Photo: The Ooni Of Ife, During The Youthful Era

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.