Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,809 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:45 PM

Is It Biblical For Women To Be Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblical For Women To Be Pastors (594 Views)

Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner? / Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Biblical For Women To Be Pastors by fredx4(m): 5:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
Its in the bible(new testament) that women should not be allowed to talk in the church (1cor14;34). But why is it that nowadays we have a lot of female preachers.
Re: Is It Biblical For Women To Be Pastors by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
Women should not be pastors. It is not everybody that follows what the bible says, that is why you see female pastors.

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For Women To Be Pastors by newpaparazzi(m): 5:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
No. they should remain silent in the congregation.so says the bilble. check 1timothy 2 verse 11-14.
Re: Is It Biblical For Women To Be Pastors by Illuminatus(m): 5:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
Biblical? No. Logical? Yes
Re: Is It Biblical For Women To Be Pastors by MightySparrow: 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2013
The problem in Corinth made Paul to write his epistle to them some of these rules in this epistle were his opinion and he said so. Who anointed Deborah wife of Lapidoth or wife of Isaiah. What about people like Florence Crawford, the founder of Apostolic Faith, Amee Simpson the founder of Four Square church. I don't think is angry with the souls saved by these ministries any more is He annoyed with or will disown many women who are making waves propagating his kingdom the world over. Majority of people criticizing women in ministry are themselves doing nothing for the Master but only critics. God bless the women who sacrifice their lives for the Master.
Re: Is It Biblical For Women To Be Pastors by MightySparrow: 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
The problem in Corinth made Paul to write his epistle to them some of these rules in this epistle were his opinion and he said so. Who anointed Deborah wife of Lapidoth or wife of Isaiah. What about people like Florence Crawford, the founder of Apostolic Faith, Amee Simpson the founder of Four Square church. I don't think God is angry with the souls saved by these ministries any more is He annoyed with or will disown many women who are making waves propagating his kingdom the world over. Majority of people criticizing women in ministry are themselves doing nothing for the Master but only critics. God bless the women who sacrifice their lives for the Master.
Re: Is It Biblical For Women To Be Pastors by fredx4(m): 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mighty Sparrow: The problem in Corinth made Paul to write his epistle to them some of these rules in this epistle were his opinion and he said so. Who anointed Deborah wife of Lapidoth or wife of Isaiah. What about people like Florence Crawford, the founder of Apostolic Faith, Amee Simpson the founder of Four Square church. I don't think is angry with the souls saved by these ministries any more is He annoyed with or will disown many women who are making waves propagating his kingdom the world over. Majority of people criticizing women in ministry are themselves doing nothing for the Master but only critics. God bless the women who sacrifice their lives for the Master.
Does that mean that there some things in the bible that we shouldn't follow
Re: Is It Biblical For Women To Be Pastors by NativeBoy: 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
The bible is quite clear that when it comes to pastoring a flock, that role should be occupied by a man. In essence the ministry of pastors and apostles. This though is not to be extended into other areas. Women can be evangelists, teachers, prophets, etc.
Re: Is It Biblical For Women To Be Pastors by NativeBoy: 6:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
fredx4:
Does that mean that there some things in the bible that we shouldn't follow

This is exactly what we start to get when we pick and choose which I am not accusing Mighty Sparrow if doing.

The problem most people have with the directive that men are the only ones to be pastors is the misconception that this implies male superiority and implies inequality. This is false. First, how do we define equality between the sexes? Whatever way we look at it, we aren't equal. Males and females are inherently different. It's an issue of roles not equality.

Both male and female have their roles and are equally important. Are the ear and eye equal? No, both they are both important for the body to function properly. The roles a man occupies does not mean because a woman cannot occupy the role, she is less and he is more.
Re: Is It Biblical For Women To Be Pastors by NativeBoy: 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
I think the following scripture also helps to aid our understanding:

If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be? But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, (I Corinthians 12:15, 17-23 NKJV)

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Priest Pulls Out Gun, Threatens To Shoot Church Members In Imo State / 2014 Prophecy By Me / Who Can Correctly Tell Me Why Jesus Christ Was Tempted And By Who?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.