Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. (17276 Views)

Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. / Nigerian Man And His Gangs Scammed British Citizens Of £3million Pics / How I Was Caught In A Group Fighting Scene..share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Laeroy(f): 11:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
kULYIE WHAT EXACTLY IS UR PROBLEM? MUST U ALWAYS, EXCHANGE WORDS WITH ANYONE WHO ATTACKS U VERBALLY..... DAT DOESN'T DEPICT MATURITY, IT ONLY TELLS ME U'RE GOOD FOR NOTHING GOD FORSAKEN DAUGHTER OF A BITCH.......MAMMOTH SIZED CHICKEN......ODE

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
Wetin dem dey sell here?
Ok, na the place to lament 419 experience.

2nd Bullet:
Eh! Eh!
Wetin I dey see so? Two fighting!
Kuylie Vs 299
Who's leading?
Mtcheeew! Them no reach sef. Na pry school yabbing dem dey do. I think they are small kids.
E pele o! Victims of Scammers.
Ire naa ko ni kari o!

3rd Bullet:
Have I ever been scammed?
Oh, I remember. I was scammed by Mama Ikechi. She sold me yellow garri instead of garri Ijebu of N45.00 per cup. The thing pain me no be small but as a big boy, I no fit cry!
Last Bullet:
I m not interested in the thread again. Walks out.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by FreeWill01: 11:48pm On Dec 05, 2013
Have I ever been scammed?

NO,Are my a learner?•in Olamide's voice'•
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by shakaz(m): 11:49pm On Dec 05, 2013
I guess I was almost scammed by a nairalander yesterday, saw an ad on samsung galaxy fones, sent him a mail and we started discussing via whatsapp, later I realized that it is payment before delivery...I had to tell him I have a friend that lives close to his location, he agreed and I shared the friendz contact with him...after much chatting, he realized I wasn"t willing to pay into his account as I told him my friend would do the paying...this morning my guy don block both my friend and I from his whatsapp contacts. grin...the said member registered late Nov this year ever sinz then he hasn't come posted a word on both his thread and nairaland in general... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by usecondom(m): 11:50pm On Dec 05, 2013
Something I never want to remind myself of again, my personal person informed me of a good land in a good location in March and I sent $6,000. Maybe I will get my land in next life only God know. He flexed with my money claiming it was the agent that scammed him too.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by chucky234(m): 11:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
299: Thank you my brother. You know what the problem is; That aunty Kulyie needs to get laid ASAP. One can tell the 'konjivitis' is really having a tow on her. I don't know if that's the reason she always seems to pack her brain under a paw-paw tree before coming here. Can you even imagine her story? She conveniently avoids the shops where original Dvd's are being sold and goes out(like she always does) to acquire the PIRATED ones!!! And she's here screaming that she's been scammed!!! Who is scamming who? She defrauds the hardworking producers of the movies by buying 5-in-1 Dvd's for N100 and then turn back to accuse the vendors of scamming her. Some people need urgent brain transplant. Apart from that, her irrational attitude and sheer arrogance in here are clear pointers that all is not well with her. Ask her a simple question and she replies by writing you 2-newspaper pages of incoherent epistles that have little to do with the question asked. Aunty Kulyie really needs our prayers cos she's losing her mind and she's losing it in miles per second.
Killer punch, Kulyie is dead.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by slightlyMad(f): 11:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
or did you mean to say have i ever scammed anyone b4?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by humblesteve(m): 12:02am On Dec 06, 2013
yes!
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by niggadee(m): 12:04am On Dec 06, 2013
Yes I've been scammed before by Nigerian police
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by SammyT95(m): 12:27am On Dec 06, 2013
Nairaland of this days is turning into another tin..i remember going tru a tread dat was created in 2006 when seun was d only moderator,see how they were talkin to one a other with respect and even praying for each oda...it wasn't like d kind of nairaland of this days where a 16 year old boy will call a woman a 30's a b*tch or a teenage girl callin a married man an idiot....we need to respct one another eventhough we can't see each oda..'ve gotten help from people i met on this forum in countless times...so launching a CYBERWAR or abusing someone online jx b'cos they cn't see u doesn't make sense......or wot do u tink?

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by vivalavida(m): 12:32am On Dec 06, 2013
Did anyone notice the number of likes 299 had in his comments compared to those of kulyie? Hehehehehe
And yes,two of you scammed this thread

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by humblesteve(m): 12:36am On Dec 06, 2013
SammyT95: Nairaland of this days is turning into another tin..i remember going tru a tread dat was created in 2006 when seun was d only moderator,see how they were talkin to one a other with respect and even praying for each oda...it wasn't like d kind of nairaland of this days where a 16 year old boy will call a woman a 30's a b*tch or a teenage girl callin a married man an idiot....we need to respct one another eventhough we can't see each oda..'ve gotten help from people i met on this forum in countless times...so launching a CYBERWAR or abusing someone online jx b'cos they cn't see u doesn't make sense......or wot do u tink?

sir, I don't think you are on the right place maybe you open your eyes clearly and read again.

we are talking about, if you have been a victim of scam and not history of nairaland.

no offense* my opinion tho*

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by justl: 12:38am On Dec 06, 2013
SammyT95: Nairaland of this days is turning into another tin..i remember going tru a tread dat was created in 2006 when seun was d only moderator,see how they were talkin to one a other with respect and even praying for each oda...it wasn't like d kind of nairaland of this days where a 16 year old boy will call a woman a 30's a b*tch or a teenage girl callin a married man an idiot....we need to respct one another eventhough we can't see each oda..'ve gotten help from people i met on this forum in countless times...so launching a CYBERWAR or abusing someone online jx b'cos they cn't see u doesn't make sense......or wot do u tink?
I guess you suggesting seun putting every member age just beside his username so you know his/her age and compare it to yours before quoting or talking to the person...lol.

Sorry bro, this is 21st century.....lot's have changed
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Idowuogbo(f): 12:46am On Dec 06, 2013
Shewa, u b correct Maga o! Won ti gba e pa! As in awon area ti je e pa! Won ti je e run grin

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by 0000000: 1:04am On Dec 06, 2013
Was scammed about 2 years ago.The amount was insignificant but we derived some good learning points- one of which is the havoc a confident fraudster can easily wreak!
It was on a Saturday and we were having a meeting in a confined building to discuss the then emerging security challenges in some states of northern Nigeria.Security at the venue I must say was more than adequete. Attendees included Securities officers from various states, Yobe, Bauchi, Borno, Kano, etc. It's tea time and some of us having finished taking ours' return to the meeting room and start gisting waiting for others.A tall lanky guy walks into the room says something to a colleague seated behind us and then moves to where. three of us are gisting.
Lanky guy : Oga are you going back today?
Me : No why?
Lanky guy : There seems to be fuel scarcity in town. Most of the drivers are going to refuel.I thought I should let you people know cuz there is a filling station just around the corner.Would be a good a good idea if all the drivers went together.
Me: ahh. There'll be no need. I stay in Kaduna.... but wait o. I have a jerry can let me give you so you can get me 20 litters for my generator.
colleague no 1: why dont you get me 20 litters too it should be enough to take me back. This one that we dont even know when we ll be finishing.
Colleague no 2:ahh! fuel scarcity? abeg wen you come back come and collect my keys during lunch and help me refuel.
lanky guy : ok Sir.
collects 2k from me and another 2k from my colleague.
me : here are my keys. my car is the blue Toyota parked behind the second security post. the plate number is. ... .open the trunk and then take out the 50 littres jerry can.
lanky guy : there'll be no need sir. i already have a jerry can in my own trunk. i'll just pour the fuel into yours when I come back and then the remaining into oga's car.
colleague. no 2: dont forget to come and collect my keys during lunch.
It's lunch break and I take a walk to the drivers' shed to check on our man since he refused to come inside to give us an update.I look around but cant find him. I describe him but no one seems to know him or which state he came from. I get back to the meeting room and find the person behind us he spoke to in the morning. I ask him where his driver is. and he informs me that he drove himself to the meeting. Ahhh! but what of the tall lanky guy I saw you discussing with in the morning? !
After a small thought he tells me that the guy was asking after one oga Segun from Jos. And he told him he does not know him. I told him what happened and he recalled seeing us giving him some cash so he felt i must have been the person he was looking for. I called my two other colleagues and update them. We start by thanking God that he did not run away with my car or that of my second colleague.
Now, we realised that there was a serious security breach.An unauthorised person had been able to break into a highly restricted area and had even duped us. That means if he had wanted to bomb or shoot us, we'd have been dead since morning. Someone had to pay for this! Since my colleagues were leaving town after the meeting, I was saddled with the responsibilty of investigating how he was able to get inside and pretend to be a driver. Later found out that he claimed to have come from Jos with one Oga Segun and his Id card was in their car which was in our compound.Then at the second gate he claimed he had wanted to go inside and collect their car keys so he can get his Id card and some cash to go back and buy dried fish for the same oga.When he came out he told them he had collected the cash and was on his way to the market but would be back before close of the meeting as they would be going back that same day.Needless to say, the boys at both gates were appropriately disciplined since they misled us by allowing him inside which gave us the confidence that he is one of us.
Thankfully, the guy was spotted and apprehended in town a few weeks later by one of boys that paid the price..... I,could not recogmise his face when he wss brought in because they had made practically made him regret the day he was born! !

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by akanbiaa(m): 2:23am On Dec 06, 2013
when I used my first bank ATM card on a GTB machine to withdraw 15,000 and was not disbursed and was debited and I complained for over 5 months b4 they sent me mail that I did collect the money which I did not,banks with their dubious ways making target even thru fraud.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 2:29am On Dec 06, 2013
Idowuogbo: Shewa, u b correct Maga o! Won ti gba e pa! As in awon area ti je e pa! Won ti je e run grin
Razzo cheesy grin ..

The way dem don take Scam me for Computer Village, I am very sure I hold a legendary status there.

Them scam me soteeee dem no dey hide dem face again,

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Pennywise(m): 3:23am On Dec 06, 2013
Those who have successfully scammed others should feel free to share experiences. No one is getting arrested on NL.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 3:58am On Dec 06, 2013
I have been scammed once,a huge amount..when I wanted to rent a self contain then,2009....the agent,or caretaker didn't finish the house,claiming lack of fund,that any potential tenant should pay for his/her flat upfront to be completed(a mini estate kind of). I paid,not knowing we were more than 50 that paid for the 10 block of mini estate.

After that,the guy started giving story,come today,come tomorrow,bricklayer didn't come,bla bla etc. Later,the guy absconded,and hell was let loose who will claim ownership of the various flat by potential tenant..come see fight,and people bringing military guy to show off. Later the house was locked down by police,till date,I haven't seen the guy,or my money. rest is history . The receipt he issued to me is still with me as a souvenir...

I have moved on in life.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by H0lYSm00shTM: 4:01am On Dec 06, 2013
Mine happened last week Wednesday. Left Nigeria for China. I booked for flight reservations from Lagos to Doha, to Guangzhou then finally to Luzhou there wasn't any problem with everything until I got to Guangzhou to board to my final destination when I got to the counter I couldn't speak Chinese but on presenting my passport the lady was saying things I didn't understand and a Chinese man came and asked me and my sister to follow him after everything he said our flight ticket was cancelled that We had to pay for another ticket or book for another. finally We were asked to say 700dollars. which was our pocket money. And everything went well after that not until when the same lady at the counter started her speaking in tongues and fortunately someone who could interpret interpreted telling us.the lady was asking us if We booked from Nigeria when We left Nigeria and did not understand when We left her presence and followed the man We explained to the translator and she told us we've just been scammed and to avoid problems with Chinese, We should let it go we're in a strangers land. It was so so painful so now in all ways I'm trying to speak and understand their language so I won't fall victim again. We just rebooked and boarded and left.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Keziehenry(m): 4:50am On Dec 06, 2013
Pennywise: Those who have successfully scammed others should feel free to share experiences. No one is getting arrested on NL.
yes! Open d floor because i susspect you were the one that sold fufu phone to my friend in d computer villagecheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 6:21am On Dec 06, 2013
chucky234: Killer punch, Kulyie is dead.
undecidedwell i am so alive undecided

enle
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 06, 2013
Idowuogbo: Shewa, u b correct Maga o! Won ti gba e pa! As in awon area ti je e pa! Won ti je e run grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by ghettodreamz(m): 6:31am On Dec 06, 2013

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Sunbellar: 6:33am On Dec 06, 2013
rol/ed:
Kulyie kulyie
Sometimes i wonder if truly you are a Lady
You make so much noise,run your mouth,claim Miss independent
What kind of car do you even Drive,how much is your worth in the Labour Market
A lady is meant to be seen not Heard(Noise Making)
I thought you were Engaged in 2011
So what happened?He dumped you cos of your attitude?
You really have to work on your urself
You are so lonely you need a Man
This kulyie has just been devalued. Seems she needs attention.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 06, 2013
Laeroy: kULYIE WHAT EXACTLY IS UR PROBLEM? MUST U ALWAYS, EXCHANGE WORDS WITH ANYONE WHO ATTACKS U VERBALLY..... DAT DOESN'T DEPICT MATURITY, IT ONLY TELLS ME U'RE GOOD FOR NOTHING GOD FORSAKEN DAUGHTER OF A BITCH.......MAMMOTH SIZED CHICKEN......ODE

are you normal?

anyway to answer your 1st question,no i dont have 1
To your

2nd question yes i have to because respect begets respect.if any one doesnt throw stewpeed words at me, there will be no need to throw it back
to your

3rd comment.maturity is in the eye of the beholder so its none of my buisness what the beholder sees or thinks,it remains his opinion
4thly

apparently,God has never for once forsaken me.he has been answering my prayers numerous times,so there is no evidence God has forsaken me

lastly it takes a son of a w*h0r/e to know a daughter of a b! Ch

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 06, 2013
Sunbellar:
This lady has just been devalued. Seems she needs attention.
your opinion,which remaims one.

if it was valuable,it should be able to get money from the bank undecided

marimaso lipsrsealed
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 06, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Choi!

Kulie dem no do you good at all o! cheesy

But I bet your eye go don tear reach ground now. No one's gonna be able to pull a fast one on you anymore grin grin
lol.yes o grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Xtaceeey: 6:49am On Dec 06, 2013
Laeroy: kULYIE WHAT EXACTLY IS UR PROBLEM? MUST U ALWAYS, EXCHANGE WORDS WITH ANYONE WHO ATTACKS U VERBALLY..... DAT DOESN'T DEPICT MATURITY, IT ONLY TELLS ME U'RE GOOD FOR NOTHING GOD FORSAKEN DAUGHTER OF A BITCH.......MAMMOTH SIZED CHICKEN......ODE

Luk @ds one, wat r u sayin? Wat av u done? Learn 2practise wat u preach, kettle callin pot black.

@OP well I av been scammed bfor, buh I wana share ma experience of me scamming sm1, I had problems wt ma blackberry ba3, always gettin low quickli, luckily 4me a frnd came visiting nd we happen 2use d same kind of ba3. See groove 4me, I tot 2masef I can xchange ds ba3 na... Well I successfully exchanged it sha...

But ma ba3 wud av lasted longer, ma frnd ba3 was worse. I had 2deal with it. "A case of d hunter becoming d hunted" lolsss

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 06, 2013
patrickmuf: exactly instead of going straight to the point, she wrote all that just to let us know she's got a car, dstv, laptop and so on...some people are just too fake
undecided undecided undecided

you can help me edit it and if it is envy issues,o well,its only you that can help yourself in that regard

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 06, 2013
speedyboi:

grin grin grin grin grin lmao....regular customer of scam cheesy
lollllllzzzzz

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Most Evil And Wicked People In History with pics / 3 Notorious Robbers Arrested In Lagos / Nigerian 'Gay' Refugee Rapes Woman In Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.