Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,503 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up (1432 Views)

The Downfall Of Oil Price, The Rise Up Of $ Is A Blessing To This Nation! / This Is Terrible News From India! Let's Rise Up Against It Before It's Too Late! / Nigeria Power Rates To Rise Up To 88% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Acidosis(m): 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
Who are we, as a state?

Who is responsible for what we have become?

what are we rapidly becoming?

Can we ever deny the policy inconsistencies and delivery failures in our dear state?

Well, there are diverse questions to be asked; so many issues to be discussed.

This thread is FOR ALL KOGI STATE INDIGENES. Wherever you are in all parts of the world.

Pls I beg you, Sir/Ma
Its time for us to talk and discuss the way out of all these troubles, backwardness and political embarrasments, while we put aside our tribal and ethnic differences..

[All Credits: Nairalanders Joavid and IAZ :whose efforts so far is highly commendable]

1 Like

Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
Yes,it's about time.
Don't just view this thread,come in and let's discuss or atleast register your presence and if you are still a guest,register and join us.

Please mods,move it to trending topics.

P.s if you are not a kogi state indigene back off.

1 Like

Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by abuliveyoung(m): 9:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
Am in for this, provided that it is for d betterment & upliftment of the state....enough is a enough! & toomuch is toomuch!

1 Like

Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Acidosis(m): 9:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
Thanks pals...
I intend to post my views on the aforementioned troubling questions soon..

More questions/answers and general discussion on the way forward out of stagnation is needed.
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Iaz93: 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
abuliveyoung: Am in for this, provided that it is for d betterment & upliftment of the state....enough is a enough! & toomuch is toomuch!
Nice one! cool We have to do something. Enough of the rot!
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by sholatech(m): 9:53pm On Dec 02, 2013
Kogi state sincerely has been suffering from poor governance despite huge human and natural resources the state is blessed with. Present and Past Government seems to relegate infrastructure development to the background. The state capital clearly depicts this neglect, not to talk of the rural areas
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
sholatech: Kogi state sincerely has been suffering from poor governance despite huge human and natural resources the state is blessed with. Present and Past Government seems to relegate infrastructure development to the background. The state capital clearly depicts this neglect, not to talk of the rural areas

Very true bro
They just come,loot and leave and that's all.
I wonder why EFCC has not checked them.
The present governor knows next to nothing about governance,we never even heard of him until the last minute,so how many people will vote for someone they don't know?
Ghost voters perhaps?

Also lokoja is supposed to be a model of what other state capitals should look like,considering our location and resources but it isn't

I heard the state governor doesn't stay in lokoja,always in Abuja.
Would he do that if lokoja is what it's suppose to be?

The only thing thriving in kogi state is backwardness.

1 Like

Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Reptyle(m): 10:47pm On Dec 02, 2013
Since the inception of Kogi State we have suffered from one bad leadership to another. Makes one wonder if we are cursed. Or else, how can one explain that a state that has been so blessed with immense human and material resources by God continues to wallow in the back waters of socio-economic development?

I am on board for any legal means of driving the change we all desire and need.

1 Like

Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by bcomputer101: 11:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
Please i need some EBIRA to work in my farm...
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Olugbenger(m): 11:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
bcomputer101: Please i need some EBIRA to work in my farm...

tongue tongue
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Brimmie(m): 11:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
lol.. grin grin
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 03, 2013
undecided
haba, hmn i pity you
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 03, 2013
Is this not the same guy that said
"jonathan is my uncle" ? just asking o.
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 03, 2013
Please sir,please do not derail this thread.
Please
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Iaz93: 6:15am On Dec 03, 2013
Yaba left!
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 03, 2013
Am sorry to say...but Kogi state is the MOST politically backward state in Nigeria
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 03, 2013
Pdp has been in power kogi state since 1999 yet nothing to show for it
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 03, 2013
KOGITES CARRY GO, KUTEPA OR PRINCE AUDU IS THE MAN TO VOTE
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 03, 2013
EBIRA GUYS AGGRESIEVE DIE NO TRY THEM OH
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Rottenegg1: 7:18am On Dec 03, 2013
Good job o.p... I weep everytime i pass through my state due to the backward and stagnant infrastructural development eating it...
The mods should pls move this to fp so wada can see this....
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Rottenegg1: 7:20am On Dec 03, 2013
KIRIJI: Pdp has been in power kogi state since 1999 yet nothing to show for it
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Rottenegg1: 7:23am On Dec 03, 2013
A.jeez:
Am sorry to say...but Kogi state is the MOST politically backward state in Nigeria
there's nothing to sorry for cos You said the plain truth.. Even a blind man can witness it from a mile away...
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by fkaz(m): 7:31am On Dec 03, 2013
You guys better run from road anytime you see the governor convoy coming. Kogi state is in hands of wicked leaders including senator smart, who will be blabbing on TV but the road leading to his senatoral district(lokoja-kabba road) is an eyesore
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 03, 2013
Bro presher,we are not here to discuss or bash any tribe,also move your campaign somewere else.
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Iaz93: 8:01am On Dec 03, 2013
World Bank Spends $7 Million On Fadama Project in Kogi State.

The bank has so far committed $7 million into Fadama projects across the state.

...but I've not seen the effect of that money in the state.
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 03, 2013
KIRIJI: Pdp has been in power kogi state since 1999 yet nothing to show for it

Nothing atal o
Kogi is a one party state,PDP is that party. It will take a lot for another political party to excel.
Which ofcourse is why the government does whatever,no one confronts or challenges them...they are very comfortable.
If they had a watchdog or competitor,kogi state won't be like this.

However,there is a disconnection between the government and the people,so who are those voters?

1 Like

Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 03, 2013
Iaz93: World Bank Spends $7 Million On Fadama Project in Kogi State.

The bank has so far committed $7 million into Fadama projects across the state.

...but I've not seen the effect of that money in the state.

Wow!!
All that money entered someone's pocket!
How can people be so heartless
Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by sholatech(m): 8:36am On Dec 03, 2013
What really could be wrong?are our intelligentsia spread all over naija and in diaspora not interested in pushing for improved governance especially at State Government Level?we have kogites performing so well in the private sector. Even in public service there are notable names in top level directorship at Federal Govt MDAs. We even have notable activists pushing for effective leadership at National levels whereas back home we have little or nothing to show in that regards even when we have increased revenues. It is really a big problem and will be happy if we set the ball rolling by providing suggestions on way out

1 Like

Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 03, 2013
Joavid:

Nothing atal o
Kogi is a one party state,PDP is that party. It will take a lot for another political party to excel.
Which ofcourse is why the government does whatever,no one confronts or challenges them...they are very comfortable.
If they had a watchdog or competitor,kogi state won't be like this.

However,there is a disconnection between the government and the people,so who are those voters?

Itz not abt d govt..itz more of d people's curse..they got No class at all.. Vry few dat hav class aren't even in d political limelight talk more of taking up the responsibilty of leadership. imagine a state allowing sm1 as dull as ibrahim idris to rule them for 8 yrs and den still has d political manouvere to annoint a successor..soo pathetic

1 Like

Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Ab025(m): 6:31am On Dec 07, 2013
Fellow kogites, we have to learn to be united...gone are the days of inter-tribal rivalry btw igalas and ebiras and other tribes, we must come together to move this state foward or else our children will suffer in the future just thesame way we are sufferin now because our fathers did not attempt to come together in unity a long time ago.

I am an ebira by tribe and just like my igala brothers and sistas, I learnt while growin up that there is a hostile r/ship btw some tribes in kogi state, it is so deep that it even affects the politics and the mentality of the people. We have refused to accept one another as human beings wit our distinct cultures and traditions. This have been the major determinants of our govt in kogi. Even the projects atimes carried out by our state govt atimes is influenced by ethnic/tribal politics and not by the welfare of the indegenes

Corruption thrives in kogi like notin else...local govts do screenings every month and yet boasts of owing about 5 or 6months salaries to the poor masses..(Where is EFCC wen u need them??), the normal gist is that every local govt chairman is always embezzlin the money after the state govt must hav taken their own share. At state level, it is dsame..inequality, corruption, tribalism, backwardness, etc

The private sector which shud hav provided the much needed employment to d youths is zero. Ask ursef, what is the highest employer of labour in kogi?? (Na local govt jare). Most of our rich and well to do men set up their business in abuja, lagos, kano, PH, etc while our state is rotting away without reasonable private companies...even our environments and govt do not encourage business.

Kogi shud be the worst state in terms of infrastructure, water and light supply is still a big problem, even the road networks are notin to write about..

My major concern is for my fellow kogi youths like me who are graduates and cannot find any reasonable job in the state, nor do d state environment favour self-employment...what are we to do, move out to other states in search of greener pastures abi?? But how long will thge trend continue, if we keep on movin out like this, who shall we leave the state to for development?

Frankly, I dnt rili care which tribe rules kogi as the governor. That is where our fathers made mistakes, instead of lookin for quality in the person presented and elected for such positions, they look at "tribe"..I will even prefer any other tribe apart from igala, ebira and okun to rule the state as long as the individual can pursue the best interest of the state in his heart. What we need is not an igala governor or ebira governor or okun governor, what we need is a "kogi governor" who will put a smile in the face of every kogites.

NB: pls we shud learn from the mistakes of our fathers.

Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Acidosis(m): 2:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
^ ^ God bless you, Sir.. You nailed it

I really appreciate the comments here. God bless you all..

The great question to ask ourselves is "What is the way forward?", "As a group on Nairaland, where/how do we start?"

I believe we can bring the change we need for the benefit of all. We can start now. We can draw a plan, a master plan for Kogi state.

Most "Kogi state" groups I see on facebook are centred on ethnicity, tribes and political parties without any impact.
Personally, I've learnt my lessons after several moments of thinking and reasoning. I used to be a biased and ungrateful person in matters relating to tribes in Kogi state.
I'll like to use this opportunity to apologise to my Igala brothers and those I've insulted ignorantly.

I believe we have more Kogi state indigene on the forum.
Lets try and invite them so we could get a wider view..

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Rise Up KOGITES Against All Odds! Time For Us To Wake Up by Acidosis(m): 8:40am On Dec 09, 2013
Good morning the good people of Kogi state

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Are SLAVES And LOVE To Be SLAVES, Why? Just Read This Short Note! / Treason, Graft: Nyako On The Run / Do You Support A Second Tenure For President Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.