Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Breaking News!!! Peace Mass Transit Boss Dumps Pdp, Joins Apc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!!! Peace Mass Transit Boss Dumps Pdp, Joins Apc (1663 Views)

Amaechi At Flag Off Of The Port-Harcourt To Aba Mass Transit Line -photos / Alao-Akala Joins APC, Dumps Labour Party / Jonathan's Campaign Coordinator Dumps PDP, Joins Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News!!! Peace Mass Transit Boss Dumps Pdp, Joins Apc by pullyacap: 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
Peace Mass Transit boss dumps PDP, joins APC in Enugu

Opposition leaders excited over defection of popular transporter

The All Progressives Congress, APC, at the weekend welcomed some members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, into its fold. The proprietor of a popular transport company, Peace Mass Transit Limited, PMT, Sam Oniyshi, led his supporters to join the opposition party in Enugu State, South Eastern Nigeria.

Mr. Onyishi announced his defection from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to the APC on Sunday at a meeting with its leaders in the state.

Among the leaders who received him were the party’s National Welfare Officer, Emma Eneukwu, Peter Okonkwo, Okechukwu Ezea and Valentine Nnaedozie. Messrs Ezea and Nnaedozie were the governorship candidates of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, and Labour Party, LP, in 2011.

A statement by a leader of the APC in the zone, Osita Okechukwu, on Monday said the transporter also announced his intention to contest the 2015 governorship election in the state on the party’s platform.

He said Mr. Onyishi’s defection was a clear signal that PDP was on the decline in the state.
Mr Okechukwu added that as a patriot and man of the people, the defector had read the APC manifesto and appreciated the difference between its progressive philosophy and the conservative philosophy of the PDP.

“Naturally, APC is the home of all social democrats and humanists like Sam. He is welcomed in our fold and luckily coming from Nsukka zone, our great party after wide consultation may make him the consensus candidate,” he added.

Mr. Eneukwu, confirmed to journalists that Mr. Onyishi had joined the APC.

“We have welcomed him to our fold. He went to a party he felt will serve his purpose better. Maybe he felt that PDP is being run like a cartel and decided to look for a better platform,” Mr. Eneukwu, who was the spokesperson of the defunct All Nigerian Peoples Party (ANPP), said.

Mr. Ezea also expressed joy at Mr. Onyishi’s decision to pitch tent with APC, adding that it was a welcome development.

He said he was happy that other people now believed what he and others had said that the PDP would not guarantee everybody a level playing ground.
Re: Breaking News!!! Peace Mass Transit Boss Dumps Pdp, Joins Apc by Ozonna(m): 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
This dude wants politicians to eat his money like Ifeanyi Uba abi? This man should concentrate on his business.
Re: Breaking News!!! Peace Mass Transit Boss Dumps Pdp, Joins Apc by pullyacap: 8:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
At least he can't be alleged to be indebted to any Bank! Its better we have professionals in politics than Professional politicians

I commend his sagacity,you can do more for the people through the instrumentality of popular franchise
Re: Breaking News!!! Peace Mass Transit Boss Dumps Pdp, Joins Apc by Nightshift(m): 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
Governor Chime seems more interested in seeing someone else in Lion House Enugu, than the business mogul.
It makes politics in the Coal City State even more interesting. My ears are waiting to hear the various candidate's programmes for the state. One thing is clear though: Enugu people will vote for someone that will continue the good works of the present governor. A prudent and pragmatic candidate will get my vote.
Re: Breaking News!!! Peace Mass Transit Boss Dumps Pdp, Joins Apc by Goddex: 8:45pm On Dec 02, 2013
Is he a politician?
I see another Ifeanyi Ubah coming to waste his money.
Re: Breaking News!!! Peace Mass Transit Boss Dumps Pdp, Joins Apc by aaniagu(m): 9:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
i wil nt enter his bus again. Team apga

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Peace Mass Transit Boss Dumps Pdp, Joins Apc by Nuzo1(m): 9:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
Ermmm...can somebody remind me how this guy made his money? Yes, I know you've heard the story but I've forgotten. Please remind me!!!

On a more serious note, it's about time Nsuwka people are given a shot at the government house.

If Nsuwka people fights very hard....then it's Ugo Agbala. But if they don't....its Ekweremmadu or Cornelius Nnaji.
Re: Breaking News!!! Peace Mass Transit Boss Dumps Pdp, Joins Apc by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
Nuzo':
Ermmm...can somebody remind me how this guy made his money? Yes, I know you've heard the story but I've forgotten. Please remind me!!!

On a more serious note, it's about time Nsuwka people are given a shot at the government house.

If Nsuwka people fights very hard....then it's Ugo Agbala. But if they don't....its Ekweremmadu or Cornelius Nnaji.
Ayogu Eze or Okey Ezea( dis guy is Buhari of Enugu Election) cheesy nko?

On a lighter note, reminds me of my undergraduate years in nsukka, Dan Shere n his PDC campaign on Lion FM.

Ebe esere nwanyi di ime kwuoro nwa na azu, nwata akwukwo, nna ya ukwu na oroma chara acha!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Peace Mass Transit Boss Dumps Pdp, Joins Apc by mumumugu(m): 10:02pm On Dec 02, 2013
Politics isnt meant for buisnessmen eg uba
Re: Breaking News!!! Peace Mass Transit Boss Dumps Pdp, Joins Apc by zeelo2014: 10:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
If he's serious with his governorship ambition,let him start now to gather genuine support not few months to election he'll start making noise and expect to uproot a party that has been on ground for donkey years,just like Ngige's case.
Re: Breaking News!!! Peace Mass Transit Boss Dumps Pdp, Joins Apc by sirwilly1(m): 10:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
How does this affect the passengers that travel with his bus? How does it affect their routes? If you like, dey all the party. Na you sabi. Must everything become a headline?
Re: Breaking News!!! Peace Mass Transit Boss Dumps Pdp, Joins Apc by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
Very good! APC is finally gaining grounds in Enugu state. Next will be Abia and Ebonyi. As for Anambra, anyi ga achi pu ya na ulo ikpe. cool cool
Re: Breaking News!!! Peace Mass Transit Boss Dumps Pdp, Joins Apc by Fitzy4real(m): 11:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
click2cbn: Ayogu Eze or Okey Ezea( dis guy is Buhari of Enugu Election) cheesy nko?

On a lighter note, reminds me of my undergraduate years in nsukka, Dan Shere n his PDC campaign on Lion FM.

Ebe esere nwanyi di ime kwuoro nwa na azu, nwata akwukwo, nna ya ukwu na oroma chara acha!

That campaign song has been seared into my skull... grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Jonathan Sees Igbo As Pillars Of His Government / Have You Guys Seen The Flying Black Horse In Saudi Arabia? Watch Video & Photos / N20trillion Stole Under Jonathan Regime - Prof Charles Soludo!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.