Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! (10662 Views)

Photo Of A Danfo With Gotv Antenna In Lagos / Graphic Pics: Passengers In Danfo Bus Badly Burnt After Fuel Stored Exploded / Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge, Lands On Danfo Bus [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by caramel007(f): 7:53am On Dec 03, 2013
For some of us still trusting in the Lord to get our car, we have to resort to the use of the public transport to get to our various destinations.

Most times we don't enjoy this ride because their are some things that make it uncomfortable for us.

I have highlighted some of the things that pisses me off in these danfo buses.

1. I hate when the conductor doesn't have change and decides to join me with other passengers I do not know.

2. This particular one tops my list. It happens especially when tall people sit behind me and they end up poking my behind with their knees. People with bad posture also do this. It gets on my nerve especially if its a male.

3. I hate it when a conductor leans over me in a bid to collect his fares. With his usually dirty armpits and body odour that can snuff the life out of a mosquito. This happens mostly when you are sitting at the end of the seat behind the driver.

I know a lot of us have several unpalatable stories to share. These are my top three though I have several others.

Please share for our viewing pleasure.

NB: Moderator please move to the appropriate section.
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 03, 2013
i guess is only lagos they use these danfo/farnagor buses. Some states i have been to, its cab they use, making it comfortable to seat down, no rushing to alight when u get to your busstop. No shouting if u don't have change. Dough i reside in Lagos but the life is here is full of rush. Sometimes is fun, when u see conductor & passenger argue for change gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by caramel007(f): 9:21am On Dec 03, 2013
Welcome to Lagos! I remember when I used to school in ibadan. It would take me about two weeks to get used to Lagos hustle.
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Freiburger(m): 11:48am On Dec 04, 2013
caramel007:

2. This particular one tops my list. It happens especially when tall people sit behind me and they end up poking my behind with their knees. People with bad posture also do this. It gets on my nerve especially if its a male.
Avoid sitting in front of tall people next time. grin
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by finsulyman: 6:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
why danfo driver's hate persenger? I need answers please

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
apply deodrant on the driver next time.
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by KolaShangOne(m): 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
I hate the way they drive.

I hate the way they blare their 'horns' anyhow.

I hate it when the weather is hot and sweating people seat beside me.

If you live in lagos and yyou don't have a car yet, you just have to love Danfo buses.

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by 4reigningqueen: 6:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
"wole pelu changi e, eleyi o ni changi o,o se jade nio."

oh my God! How i hate that statement. Now the solution is to be proactive by gathering smaller denomination or checking passengers hands to see who is giving change.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by wilybebsy(m): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
booked
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Lanceslot(m): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
5 pple will end up seating on a seat that can't contain 4 people. So unbearable for tall fellows like me.
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by omadaa(m): 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
Fp tinzz....i hate it wen the seats pr0vided are t00 sma!! Wich makes d ride veri unc0mf0rtab!e especia!!i wen yu r g0in 0n a !0ng ride in d m0rning n yu d0n't ave ani 0da 0pti0n buh t0 use dem
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by omadaa(m): 6:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
A!s0 hate it wen am 0n a seat meant f0r f0ur with 3 very fat individua!s...it !eaves yu with !itt!e 0r n0 space
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by gr3yb4ck(m): 6:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
Some of them carry MAD MEN AND WOMEN and still collect money from these ppl.If uve ever sat beside one ,you knw wht I mean.

The last time it happened to me ,d lady beside me moved,to save my pride ,I had to alight at the nxt busstop,she was alraedy laughing at me.

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by IAMBREEZY: 6:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
I can't remember when last i entered danfo it have been yonks,that was when my car have a fault and i had to take a danfo to the next bus stop to get a mechanic but it was hell then.
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
Lol @ number 2. OP some of us are tall and we really can't help it.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by dridowu: 6:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
I love danfo or public transport cos u hear diff story from the truth to the lie, u will witness the good and bad........................to me always fun. One of fun again is btw the conductors and agberos, as dy are cursing dmsef u will c dm also hailing eachother .
Double Twale
owo meji fun eyan kan
omo iya aje
olenu paaaa
etc
always fun

4 Likes

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by eluquenson(m): 6:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
They are always in a hurry to get back to their garage.....i hate it so much & that's why they bash so many cars on the road & end up begging like an orphan grin
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Olugbenger(m): 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
caramel007: For some of us still trusting in the Lord to get our car, we have to resort to the use of the public transport to get to our various destinations.

Most times we don't enjoy this ride because their are some things that make it uncomfortable for us.
Stop making it sound like you are the only one. If u know u deserve better, get a car.

I have highlighted some of the things that pisses me off in these danfo buses.

1. I hate when the conductor doesn't have change and decides to join me with other passengers I do not know.
This is easily avoidable. Make sure you possess small denominations before boarding.
Stop stating flawed cases for the conductor to always provide. They are humans too.

This is one exception because it's quite difficult to avoid such situations especially for very tall folks like me. Now, consistency becomes the key; by staying in same position for a considerable while, the effects becomes negligible except u are a troublemaker.Some humans were created tall, Life is not fair.

3. I hate it when a conductor leans over me in a bid to collect his fares. With his usually dirty armpits and body odour that can snuff the life out of a mosquito. This happens mostly when you are sitting at the end of the seat behind the driver.

Learn to cover ur nose, or hold ur breath or simply avoid staying in such position where you are prone to experience this.

I know a lot of us have several unpalatable stories to share. These are my top three though I have several others.

Please share for our viewing pleasure.

NB: Moderator please move to the appropriate section.
Thanks for sharing ur experience.
I've no similar one. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
Lol shebi u see 1 enter ni
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by 24in7: 6:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
I hate it when those dat call theirselves big girlz lap each others. Inside danfor grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Deiok(m): 6:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
What Danfo bus is like the best mean of transport in naija, you get to rub shoulder with people from all works of life, though it mostly use by the average nigerians. cheesy
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
i have a car and still board danfo to work once in a while.They have a way of driving their way through traffic. So taking danfo once in a while gives me an extra hour of sleep time as i don't have to wake up too early.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Deiok(m): 6:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
Though i like to use danfo as my means of transport but some things are realy annoying aboutit.

1. Fats people sitting on thesame seat with you== This is realy annoying, expecialy if you are the slim type, like me.

2. The conductor rejecting money to passagers, reason being the money is not neat or it torn, which usually turn's into a big arguement.

3. Getting to your junction or bus stop, you ask the driver to stop, but instead the vehicle get to an hailt at the third junction from your junction, this usually happens if the driver is on a high speed.

There are much more, just that i dont have the time to put them all here.
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Notion(m): 6:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
I dislike seating wit fat people cos they wil ocupy d seat mearnt for four persenger, making it unbearable ad nt convenience for slim people lik us.
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by J0nyb0y(m): 6:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
when i sit inbetween 2fat women... Goshh!

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by asala1: 6:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
omadaa: Fp tinzz....i hate it wen the seats pr0vided are t00 sma!! Wich makes d ride veri unc0mf0rtab!e especia!!i wen yu r g0in 0n a !0ng ride in d m0rning n yu d0n't ave ani 0da 0pti0n buh t0 use dem

omadaa: A!s0 hate it wen am 0n a seat meant f0r f0ur with 3 very fat individua!s...it !eaves yu with !itt!e 0r n0 space

Guy, the 'o' button is very far away from '0' button. One is a number, the other is an alphabet, stop interchanging them. It can be annoying.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by sonickay(m): 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
"Danfo" rides can be enjoyable at times on straight and long distance journeys with one, two or three bus-stops. However, some factors apart from the ones listed by the Op makes it more agonizing in short and long distances within the metropolis.

First, "danfos" are found of "multiple bus-stops", they can carry people and drop them within 200meters. For a distance of 4kms/kilometers, they can stop 20 times. This "multiple bus-stops" make the ride more longer as well as the frequent "you drop, I enter, I shift for you" palapala.

Secondly, "danfos" drivers are fond of and known for their notorious driving manners, I always stay alert anytime I am in a danfo and alarmed when danfo drivers are chastised by other drivers & road users.

Lastly, I am a law student, I dress in white and black most times, I hate entering danfos when I am dressed as such, because by the time I alight from the bus I look like an agbero abusing the profession. My clothes do look rumpled and brownish.

You see, the beginning of wisdom is the fear of "Danfos" to boarding cabs and keke napep.

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by BabaEleko(m): 6:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
Danfo operators are normal people like you with friends and families to cater for, if you don't like anything about them then you can exercise your democracy of the feet by walking to your destination. "Wole pelu change e" is as simple as what it means, whatever aftermath of not complying with that instruction is your own headache. And if you don't like your fellow passenger for whatever reason then go get a taxi or better still go buy ur own moto. Shikena.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Spencer63(m): 6:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
Very funny... Something happened yesterday in a danfo bus i borded yesterday... Lemme share it with us..
So i boarded a bus from ayobo going to iyanapaja(dos dat r use to this road will get this gist v.well).. We had to pass baruwa inside because the normal road is under repair..(actually it's beign like that for 2 years now)
When we got to baruwa.. Some passengers alighted and a woman said 'gate wa o' i think the conductor had gotten info already that tax force was at gate bustop.. And for some reasons unknown to me they wouldnt be able to stop at gate bustop... So the conductor and the driver begged this woman, that she should please alight at baruwa.. She ignored and didnt answer.... When we go to gate she said owa.. The conductor ignored her., see shout!... She started shouting. Drop me at gate o drop me at gate o... The driver shouted back at her and said.. I warned you.. You will drop at the next bustop up,-federal... She kept on shouting if u dont drop me now just take me to iyanapaja!....
Nobody begged her to alight when we go to f
ederal bustop...
I was like wtf!!?

4 Likes

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Zakkyoz: 6:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
Same in Enugu metropolis especially from Emene to Old park. It made my service year frustrating!
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by sureway1(m): 6:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
you no dey enter brt, molue, Danfo and you live in Lagos you dey miss slot..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 Car Related Terminologies And Their Explanations / 10 Tips For Driving Safely Around Large Trucks Or Buses / 6 Signs Of A Bad Water Pump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.