Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Can Man Bless God, Considering His Omnipotency? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Man Bless God, Considering His Omnipotency? (1310 Views)

10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage / Can A Man Bless God ? / Can man live without God? Why do people who reject God seem to live happy lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Man Bless God, Considering His Omnipotency? by miguelangelo01(m): 11:49am On Dec 03, 2013
My fellow Nairalanders please help me out on this issue that am arguing with a friend. As its been used by so many people now. I am telling him that man can bless man but man cannot bless God. Pls check your dictionary the meaning of bless before commenting.
Thanks.
Re: Can Man Bless God, Considering His Omnipotency? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
The dictionary is not really the best tool to consult when it comes to words used in the Bible.

Bible scholars generally believe that the Bible is the best interpreter of the Bible - coupled with the Spirit's guidance, of course.

My pastor defined the word 'blessed' as meaning happy or fortunate.

The argument you're in with your friend surely borders around whether we mortals can 'bless' God, that is, 'give' to Him the way we do to our fellow mortals.

In a sense this is true. He has given us the PRIVILEGE to do this.

A privilege it is indeed because God is complete (perfect) in His essence. He was perfect before the angels were created. He was before the worlds were formed. He was before man came to be. He was before/after man's rebellion. And He will forever be!

1 Like

Re: Can Man Bless God, Considering His Omnipotency? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
Dear,
Man can't bless man. A man can bless God. We are called to come and bless the Lord(Psalm 134: 1), Bless the Name of God. To bless means to revere, to make sacred/ Holy, to honour/exalt, and that is what all believers ought to do everyday.
Now how can u bless/make sacred or holy your fellow man?
You are only making him an idol to you!
Don't mistake giving favour/help to your fellow man as an act of 'blessing'.
No man can bless another man, since man himself is not worthy of it and does not have the power.
The case of Isaac blessing Jacob(Genesis 27), and Jacob blessing his own children shows that man can transfer his own blessing and in such process the spirit of God is invovled.
Re: Can Man Bless God, Considering His Omnipotency? by ammyluv2002(f): 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
Rebekkah: Dear,
Man can't bless man. A man can bless God. We are called to come and bless the Lord(Psalm 134: 1), Bless the Name of God. To bless means to revere, to make sacred/ Holy, to honour/exalt, and that is what all believers ought to do everyday.
Now how can u bless/make sacred or holy your fellow man?
You are only making him an idol to you!
Don't mistake giving favour/help to your fellow man as an act of 'blessing'.
No man can bless another man, since man himself is not worthy of it and does not have the power.
The case of Isaac blessing Jacob(Genesis 27), and Jacob blessing his own children shows that make can transfer his own blessing and in such process the spirit of God is invovled.
Nice one!
Re: Can Man Bless God, Considering His Omnipotency? by fredx4(m): 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2013
Depends on your definition of 'bless'. But I personally think the idea of blessing God is an erroneous doctrine and I don't think its a sin either because God understands what you are trying to say.

(1) (Reply)

Who Get Faith Pass / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/07/15 / MUST READ!!13 Normal Things The Bible Forbids But We Still Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.