Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? (2424 Views)

Victims Of "You Must Get Pregnant For Me Or No Marriage" / Is It Possible To Get Pregnant Two Days Before The Period? / How To Get Pregnant With a Boy and Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 05, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Your sister is an adult and knows what she wants.

If she's based in Naija, engaged to a Nigerian man, then yes - her choice makes a lot of sense and I respect her for that. At least she's being very clear on what she wants and has laid her cards on the table. No time for sme-sme and she just wants to get down to business. If the man can't deliver the goods, then he's out the door.you are sooooooooo right

You couldnt have said it any bettermi remember the other day when one of those nl things was telling me as a lady you are supppsed to be seen not heard.i bursted in laughter and deliberatly let it go not because i didnt have a befiting answer but on a 2nd thought this is africa.men unconsciously expect women to be doormats or daft
their only usefulness is in marriage and child popping,if they cant fulfill that,tjey are ejected or sidelined

thats what i call african reality 101

Yeah, her actions might sound harsh, but not as harsh as what she'll be subjected to by her in-laws and probably her hubby himself a couple of years down the line of married life. I can almost picture it - the unbearable pressure from in-laws poke-nosing and wanting to know why pikin never enter the equation (even if the fault is the man's), her mother-in-law dragging her off to meet the 'pastors' of Celestial church of A, holy ghost ministries of miracles, etc where she'll be forced to swallow gallons of Olive Oil, bath n@ked and bury red candles at Lagos bar beach, and so on and so forth... (where is madam Debrief! cry cry sigh...)

No, better she saves herself the stress now than jump from frying pan to fire. All those shouting love...love...love...Naija love nor dey waka reach that side of childlessness. When push comes to shove, no one will bat an eyelid if the man decides to get a second / third wife + x number of girlfriends along the way to 'test' his fertility. He'll even get a pat on the back for it.

But her nko? Will she be at liberty to take a second / third husband or to 'test' her fertility outside? I don't think so. At the end of the day, we women can shout ourselves hoarse but in Naija, it's a man's world and women are expected to lead conservative lives and definitely no exploring especially once married.

Only thing I'll add on here is that she and her man both go for extensive medical / fertility checkups. Let the medics do their thing and rule out any possibilities of infertility caused from STIs / STDs, and they should also count the man's little swimmers and how active they are.
Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 05, 2013
Efemena_xy:

If she's based in Naija, engaged to a Nigerian man, then yes - her choice makes a lot of sense and I respect her for that. At least she's being very clear on what she wants and has laid her cards on the table. No time for sme-sme and she just wants to get down to business. If the man can't deliver the goods, then he's out the door.you are sooooooooo right

You couldnt have said it any better i remember the other day when one of those nl things was telling me as a lady you are supppsed to be seen not heard.i bursted in laughter and deliberatly let it go not because i didnt have a befiting answer but on a 2nd thought this is africa.men unconsciously expect women to be doormats or daft
their only usefulness is in marriage and child popping,if they cant fulfill that,tjey are ejected or sidelined

thats what i call african reality 101........

Yeah, her actions might sound harsh, but not as harsh as what she'll be subjected to by her in-laws and probably her hubby himself a couple of years down the line of married life. I can almost picture it - the unbearable pressure from in-laws poke-nosing and wanting to know why pikin never enter the equation (even if the fault is the man's), her mother-in-law dragging her off to meet the 'pastors' of Celestial church of A, holy ghost ministries of miracles, etc where she'll be forced to swallow gallons of Olive Oil, bath n@ked and bury red candles at Lagos bar beach, and so on and so forth... (where is madam Debrief! cry cry sigh...)

No, better she saves herself the stress now than jump from frying pan to fire. All those shouting love...love...love...Naija love nor dey waka reach that side of childlessness. When push comes to shove, no one will bat an eyelid if the man decides to get a second / third wife + x number of girlfriends along the way to 'test' his fertility. He'll even get a pat on the back for it.

But her nko? Will she be at liberty to take a second / third husband or to 'test' her fertility outside? I don't think so. At the end of the day, we women can shout ourselves hoarse but in Naija, it's a man's world and women are expected to lead conservative lives and definitely no exploring especially once married.

Only thing I'll add on here is that she and her man both go for extensive medical / fertility checkups. Let the medics do their thing and rule out any possibilities of infertility caused from STIs / STDs, and they should also count the man's little swimmers and how active they are.
Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 05, 2013
Efemena_xy:

You couldnt have said it any better i remember the other day when one of those nl things was telling me as a lady you are supppsed to be seen not heard.i bursted in laughter and deliberatly let it go not because i didnt have a befiting answer but on a 2nd thought i understood this is africa.men unconsciously expect women to be doormats or daft

Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 05, 2013
Efemena_xy:

You couldnt have said it any better i remember the other day when one of those nl things was telling me "as a lady you are supppsed to be seen not heard".i bursted into laughter and deliberatly let it go not because i didnt have a befiting answer but on a 2nd thought i understood this is africa.men unconsciously expect women to be doormats or daft
their only usefulness is in marriage and child popping,if they cant fulfill that,they are ejected or sidelined

Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 05, 2013
Efemena_xy:

You couldnt have said it any better i remember the other day when one of those nl things was telling me "as a lady you are supppsed to be seen not heard".i bursted into laughter and deliberatly let it go not because i didnt have a befiting answer but on a 2nd thought i understood this is africa.men unconsciously expect women to be doormats or daft
their only usefulness is in marriage and child popping,if they cant fulfill that,they are ejected or sidelined

Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by EfemenaXY: 8:55am On Dec 05, 2013
Shuo!! shocked shocked

Kulyie, I don see you na! You've quoted me 6 times!! Na so you like me reach?? But I like you too na! Abi na greeting you dey find for my hand?? embarassed lipsrsealed

Okay:

Good morning (1), Good morning (2), Good morning(3), Good morning(4), Good morning(5) and Good morning(6) to you Lady K! tongue tongue cheesy
Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by Kanwulia: 8:58am On Dec 05, 2013
I must reaaaaaally love a man more than myself to go thorough that!
Na! Not that needy or 'wanty'! kiss
Even after marriage, it can still be dicey! grin
Matter of personal choice.)
If I want a bastard, I sure know where to purchase one! kiss
No need to labor and torture my beautiful mind and body for such a quest!
Issues can never hungry me reassssh so! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 05, 2013
Efemena_xy: Shuo!! shocked shocked

Kulyie, I don see you na! You've quoted me 6 times!! Na so you like me reach?? But I like you too na! Abi na greeting you dey find for my hand?? embarassed lipsrsealed

Okay:

Good morning (1), Good morning (2), Good morning(3), Good morning(4), Good morning(5) and Good morning(6) to you Lady K! tongue tongue cheesy
goodmorning efe.na this useless airtel.if i submit i no go see anything cheesy good morning
Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by EfemenaXY: 9:02am On Dec 05, 2013
kulyie: goodmorning efe.na this useless airtel.if i submit i no go see anything cheesy good morning

Oh I know that - was just pulling your legs babes wink
Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 05, 2013
I am endorsing your post ni.you have hit the nail on the head cheesy you and chai cover cheesy
Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 05, 2013
Kanwulia: I must reaaaaaally love a man more than myself to go thorough that!
Matter or personal choice.
grin grin grin i trust you grin
Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 05, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Oh I know that - was just pulling your legs babes wink
kiss cheesy
Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by Saraha1(f): 9:30am On Dec 05, 2013
Issues can never hungry me reassssh so! cheesy
well said.
Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by Sentempest(f): 2:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
My fellow sisters and brothers, thks 4 d advise jst that i belive say she wil definitely get preggy if dey finaly get married.
Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
Issues can never hungry me reassssh so!
cheesy

Very well said! Lol!
Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
Sen.tempest:
My fellow sisters and brothers, thks 4 d advise jst that i belive say she wil definitely get preggy if dey finaly get married.

You're very likely correct.

Unless they have deliberately been trying to have a child which doesn't sound like the case from what you've said, I doubt they have been having enough unprotected sex to qualify this as a case of infertility.
Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by janvier27(m): 1:34pm On Sep 20, 2015
If either or both can not live with the challenges of infertility in future( If it comes to that ), then they should be concerned about ensuring pregnancy first. Those who have travelled down this road definitely know what I am talking about.
Re: Is It Good To Trying To Get Pregnant When Not Yet Married? by Raymonbell(m): 1:35pm On Sep 20, 2015
stellanoah:
If you want to get pregnant and you need a child please contact this great man called Dr.Oniha, this man is so powerful that he has the power to make one pregnant immediately after contacting him. i contacted him few days ago for help and now i am pregnant what a great miracle i could not conceived before but after contacting him my story changed for good so if you need his help contact him now on (greatoniha@yahoo.com) or call him at (+2347052534659). contact him today and get pregnant in the nest 48hrs.?

Liar, sheybi his ur husband

Park well jor

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are My Parents Too Controlling? / Why Marry When You Know Your Libido Is Low???? / I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.