Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,459 members, 7,770,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:36 AM

Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd (29896 Views)

Visafone Unlimited 10 Terabyte Blackberry Plan / Mtn Blackberry Plan Is Now N1000 A Month- instead of N1500 / Etisalat Reduces Price Of Blackberry Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by aywhy93(m): 1:48am On Dec 04, 2013
Lately, Everyone using the Airtel BlackBerry Plan to browse on Android Devices, PCs and other Non-BB devices have been expecting Airtel to stop the plan from working on ALL devices except BlackBerry Phones on the 3rd of December, 2013. Some Airtel users claimed to receive a message from Airtel stating that, here is how the message looks like - [size=14pt]“Dear Customer, effective 3rd Dec 2013 AIRTEL BB Plans will cease to function on non BB devices or used as a modem . Thank you”.[/size] Did you also received any message like this ? Well, I didn't receive any message like that despite the fact that I've been using the plan for a while and still using it on my Android Phone and PC.

At the moment of publishing this post [December 04, 2013 - 01:50am] , I'm still using the Airtel BB Plan on my Android Phone and PC. Although, some people on Nairaland -> https://www.nairaland.com/1537635/airtel-bis-stop-working-non / https://www.nairaland.com/1540411/airtel-users-android-been-blocked and some other Online Naija Forum said it is no longer working on their Android phones and PC while some also said it is still working on theirs. But to be sincere, these are the things I noticed which may be a sign that the Airtel BB Plan should still work or should not work on your Non-BB devices ->

[size=14pt]1. I noticed that those that didn't receive the message quoted above are likely to still be able to use their Airtel BlackBerry Subscription on other devices. I didn't receive the message and I'm still using it, some other friends on Nairaland here who didn't receive the message also claims to be using it after the December 03, 2013 it was allegedly said to be stopped.

2. I noticed that the Airtel BB Plan was very slow that it couldn't even open the lightest webpage since few days ago especially last night which makes it so difficult to use on PC, maybe this is a sign that something is going on with the BB plan from Airtel's side. I was fortunate to correct this issue by recharging #100 on my Airtel SIM and I subscribed to the Airtel Daily plan of 10MB by dialing *141*11*1#. After subscribing, the one-day 10MB was added to my remaining BlackBerry Data of 2.7GB and It started working again.

3. According to some posts on Nairaland, some Airtel Users claim to just subscribe to the Airtel BB Plan yesterday [December 03, 2013] and it was successful, but if its really true that Airtel is ceasing the plan from working on Non-BB device. I think the new subscribers shouldn't be able to activate it using Non-BB devices not to talk of even working on them or what do you think ?[/size]

[size=14pt]Conclusion[/size]
If you have problem using your Airtel BB Plan, check if your Data Balance is accessible by dialing *141*712*0# or *123*10#. If you can see that you have an active data on the Airtel BB, you can just try doing what I did in the 2nd part of the list above maybe it will also work for you. If you are just trying to subscribe to the Airtel BB Plan and want to use it on Non-BB devices, Follow this tutorial -> How to Activate the Airtel BlackBerry Plan to work on any device --> http://www.stevenbergy.com.ng/2013/07/how-to-activate-airtel-blackberry-to-work-on-any-device.html . If your Airtel BB Plan is still active and you're still using it on Non-BB devices then keep enjoying it. Sooner or Later, If Airtel finally blocks their BlackBerry Plan from working on other devices; I know we'll sure find another way out. Do you have any other suggestion or Contribution about the Airtel BB Plan issue ? Is it still working on your Android Device and PC or not ?

[size=16pt]SOURCE - http://www.stevenbergy.com.ng/2013/12/airtel-blackberry-plan-still-working-on.html[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by JECBOSS: 1:59am On Dec 04, 2013
It's Working fine. That's what I'm using now! I luv Airtel!

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by aywhy93(m): 7:39am On Dec 04, 2013
JECBOSS: It's Working fine. That's what I'm using now!

Thanks for confirming that Bro. I noticed is now even faster than before, maybe because so many other users have already exhausted theirs. Enjoy !!!

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by aiyzik1(m): 8:21am On Dec 04, 2013
Yed bruv.. I received the message too buh myn is still working.. I have bou 5.3gb left and i sunscribed few days before receiving the message..buh im stil connected..lets jus kip watching...maybe they are waiting till those already subscribed are exhausted and then no more usage as soon as you deactivate..

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by Asis(m): 8:30am On Dec 04, 2013
Yea maybe de have decided not to go on with said plan,my guess is dat,de probably heard d complains from forums and social media ...I just hope de don't cut package off android users...
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 04, 2013
i just subscribe again dis morning and its working fyn

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by wanarule(m): 12:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
i sub 1day dis morn n its browasin
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by wanarule(m): 12:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
i sub 1day dis morn n its browsin

Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by NEROSKY(m): 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
wanarule: i sub 1day dis morn n its browsin
pls wat code,amount n how many gb did dey give u?
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by wanarule(m): 1:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
NEROSKY: pls wat code,amount n how many gb did dey give u?
its daily i did d code is *141*712*11# its 10mb wz test runin to c if it wil wok . i used nomal apn

Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by NEROSKY(m): 4:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
wanarule: its daily i did d code is *141*712*11# its 10mb wz test runin to c if it wil wok . i used nomal apn
am talking about d 7gb + not 10mb becos i knw d code
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by aywhy93(m): 6:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
aiyzik1: Yed bruv.. I received the message too buh myn is still working.. I have bou 5.3gb left and i sunscribed few days before receiving the message..buh im stil connected..lets jus kip watching...maybe they are waiting till those already subscribed are exhausted and then no more usage as soon as you deactivate..

Yes Bro, Lets wait and see but I think the message was an error or something... I don't think it will be stopped
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by aywhy93(m): 6:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
Asis: Yea maybe de have decided not to go on with said plan,my guess is dat,de probably heard d complains from forums and social media ...I just hope de don't cut package off android users...

Maybe... sad
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by aywhy93(m): 6:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
wanarule: i sub 1day dis morn n its browsin

Okay, That's cool
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by chemicool: 7:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
I called Airtel a couple of minutes ago and the cca confirmed it that they've stopped on 3/12/13.
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
i just subscribed with 100 naira daily plan and its not workn, dis guyz mean biz
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by U1(m): 8:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
Somehow, my remaining data is still working on both my Symbian and Java phones, even though I did receive the message. But I have to be checking my credit balance almost after every use. grin
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by aywhy93(m): 8:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
chemicool: I called Airtel a couple of minutes ago and the cca confirmed it that they've stopped on 3/12/13.

LoL... They've stopped it but its still going on some SIMS. Airtel's got no total power on their own BB Plans.
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by jerrymania(m): 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
[size=16pt]Airtel has shot themselves in the foot. Even if its still active, i'm sorry i can't subscribe for 2gb with N1,500. It looks big to me considering Glo and Eti now has 3gb+ for just N1k. Bye for now Airtel![/size]

1 Like

Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by aywhy93(m): 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
james17: i just subscribed with 100 naira daily plan and its not workn, dis guyz mean biz

Sorry !!! You need to carry out an Autopsy on your SIM. I'm using it to comment right now.
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by dljbd1(m): 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
I just subscribed for the daily plan...it's working cheesy
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by aywhy93(m): 8:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
U1: Somehow, my remaining data is still working on both my Symbian and Java phones, even though I did receive the message. But I have to be checking my credit balance almost after every use. grin

LoL.. Make them no suck your credit suddenly.
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by dljbd1(m): 8:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
jerrymania: [size=16pt]Airtel has shot themselves in the foot. Even if its still active, i'm sorry i can't subscribe for 2gb with N1,500. It looks big to me considering Glo and Eti now has 3gb+ for just N1k. Bye for now Airtel![/size]
But you can't use those with other phones
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by aywhy93(m): 8:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
jerrymania: [size=16pt]Airtel has shot themselves in the foot. Even if its still active, i'm sorry i can't subscribe for 2gb with N1,500. It looks big to me considering Glo and Eti now has 3gb+ for just N1k. Bye for now Airtel![/size]

Can you please share the details of the Glo and Etisalat with us Bro Make we test am cool

1 Like

Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by aywhy93(m): 8:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
dl_jbd: I just subscribed for the daily plan...it's working cheesy

Your head dey their. The monthly plan will definitely work for you niyen ooo
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by Lucy360love(f): 11:29am On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by MVLOX(m): 11:41am On Dec 05, 2013
my own still dey work sharp sharp
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by sambas: 11:42am On Dec 05, 2013
subscribed today and it's working normal, the pros here is that i can not download anything from google play or play store n check my gmail... Airtel if na only to browze nairaland una want witout downloading anytin una father head, Who go help me wit the code of mtn 1k bb plan for andriod devices.
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by sukij(m): 11:44am On Dec 05, 2013
aiyzik1: Yed bruv.. I received the message too buh myn is still working.. I have bou 5.3gb left and i sunscribed few days before receiving the message..buh im stil connected..lets jus kip watching...maybe they are waiting till those already subscribed are exhausted and then no more usage as soon as you deactivate..

pls ow did yu get 5.3gb
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by nakwe(m): 11:46am On Dec 05, 2013
Still Surfing o.
Re: Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd by usmanktg2(m): 11:46am On Dec 05, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To H.a.c.k Your S60v3 Phones (with Screenshots) / Instagram And Facebook Are Currently Down (pics) / Which Other Chat App Can Conveniently Replace Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.