Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) (21798 Views)

Polio Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian States - Minister / All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa / New HIV Antibodies only In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by icycoolmik: 11:33am On Dec 04, 2013
Swedish scientists have identified a new strain of HIV that appears to progress much faster than most previously identified variations of the virus.

The new strain, known as A3/02, is a recombinant, meaning it is a cross between two previously identified HIV strains. Writing in the Journal of Infectious Diseases, Lund University researchers said that the infection moves from HIV to full-blown AIDS in about five years, nearly two- to two-and-a-half years faster than most previously known strains.

So far the new infection seems confined to West Africa.

WHY IS IT ALWAYS AFRICA? NOW IT'S WEST AFRICA. I hope that there is no 'political undertone' to this discovery.

http://gma.yahoo.com/scientists-aggressive-hiv-strain-111842347--abc-news-health.html

1 Like

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Chimaritoponcho: 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
choi!! In phyno's voice*ekwe ekwe ga ekwe nwanne*

4 Likes

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by TeeiWi(m): 12:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
This is seriouz...
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by ebamma(m): 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2013

1 Like

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Phillfree(m): 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
Where my fiancee at? Alter things baby

1 Like

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Kolade9(m): 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2013
I was suppose to be no 1 naw i m no 6...fvck goat!skelewu.....i go measure...
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by omonla555: 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2013
Africa is their cursed land
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by wilybebsy(m): 2:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
hmmm nt bad...wait o, must i be on fp? hmmm nt bad...wait o, must i be on fp?
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by samtin(m): 2:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
Who knows if its in naija sef... because we too dey phock anyhow...
and by the way these so called scientist hav different ways of introducing different things to other people... why confine it to west africa IF NO BE THEM BRING AM COME HERE??

3 Likes

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
I was suppose to be no 1 naw i m 6....fvck goat!
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
I hope some people still don't believe the "HIV is a hoax" conspiracy theory again.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by sagaciousblog: 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
chei!!! see bad market o..i was planning on increasing my playmates ooo..
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by momodub: 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
see gobe wahala don burst them call am Aggressive HIV to badt
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Kockane(m): 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
Thank God no b Nigeria. cool
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by 141samuel: 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
bad

1 Like

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by GamaG(m): 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
must it be africa? Y not sweden herself, all d ones happening there av they been researching and reporting them? Anyway 3rd to comment.
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2013
dis one pass GOBE OH
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2013
Everthing in West africa is aggressive.

The people are aggressive.
Boko Haram is aggressive.
The mosquitoes are aggressive.
The leaders are aggressive.
The weather is aggressive.
Now the HIV is aggressive cheesy cheesy grin

Choi!

24 Likes

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by devour129: 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2013
They should keep releasing viruses so thier pharm companies can make money tru vaccines . The devil has a white face

20 Likes

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by GamaG(m): 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
GamaG: must it be africa? Y not sweden herself, all d ones happening there av they been researching and reporting them? Anyway 3rd to comment.
oh my gush!!! I missed again.
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by OmolodMilkman93(m): 2:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
Quicker death?!??
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
omonla555: Africa is their cursed land

That's right cry
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by ifeanyi83(m): 2:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
Politics of course....
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by nairaman66(m): 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
Extinction of the African race is near!! Guys stop patronizing love peddlers... grin

1 Like

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
CHEI!!!!! CHINEKEMO OO **runs from thread**

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by steffans(m): 2:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
and someone will come here saying fvfking prostitute and having multiple partners is good
??

get married and stop infidelity...

3 Likes

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by naijacutee(f): 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
omonla555: Africa is their cursed land

Africa is not cursed. It is people who through their actions choose to become a curse to themselves.

- When a man has a wife, but chooses to sleep around with promiscuous University students (for one reason or the other) and contracts HIV, he has chosen to become a curse for himself.
- When a girl, instead of studying decides that she wants Peruvian hair, and chooses to sleep with promiscuous older men, she has chosen to become a curse for herself.
- When a man is given a contract to fix a road, and he chooses to not just inflate the price but also to do a bad, unsustainable job so that he can buy a hummer that year, he has chosen to become a curse to his community.
- When a student decides that it is better to pay someone to sit his exams than to do the hardwork, study and pass, he has chosen to become a curse to himself and anyone who employs him in the future.
- When we celebrate that 'brother' in church who just bought a new car, (even though we know he does dodgy deals) we choose to become a curse to ourselves.
- When we sell our votes for N10,000, we choose to become curses to ourselves and our children.

"Poverty made me do it." is no longer an excuse. In all the scenarios above, these people would have survived without having to seek shortcuts, but chose not to. Africa is not cursed. We bend down and select our curses for ourselves.

50 Likes

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by prettyboi1(m): 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
.You asked why is it always Africa? My answer is "because we are fvvckng lazy." Imagine scientists from another continent telling us Jack & we believe. Where are our own scientists? Why don't they get to work & give us our own homegrown theories,findings,etc..? At least it would be things we can relate to better. Do we have to keep letting other people do everything for us? All we do is sit around lazying & crying that we are being "victimized. " I hate mental laziness with the whole of my life. I'm one of those people that believe that "IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING/YOUR CONDITION, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT TILL IT CHANGES AT LEAST A LITTLE. DON'T JUST LAZY AROUND CRYING.
God Bless Nigeria. Amen.

8 Likes

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by Gifted4all(m): 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
Guys its time to double your rain coats ooo

1 Like

Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by ecolime(m): 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
Na dis Oyinbo people dey develop and introduce all these diseases just to rake in more money for their Pharmaceutical coys. It's all about the money.
Re: Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) by obeenah40(m): 3:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
Nawa oh. Dis our generation sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu Bags WHO Appointment As Assistant DG / Reasons You Are More Attractive to Mosquitoes Than Your Neighbors / No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.