Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,957 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? (55008 Views)

Where Can A Music Graduate Work / Can A Chemistry Graduate Work In Oil Company? / Where Can An Industrial Chemistry Graduate Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by abikelat(f): 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2008
please as a microbilogist. i need to know possible places that i can work.
Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by beee: 4:13pm On Jul 25, 2008
in nigeria certificates dont really matter
for example iv seen so many non banking related graduates(yoruba, forestry,agric disciplines) workin in banks and telecoms companies
but sha, if u want to stick to ur discipline, i believe u can work in the following places

d medical line and health care ,pharmaceutical companies
food production companies like cocacola, nesttle, cadbury, efco,flourmills and breweries
Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by adeoflagos: 8:50am On Jul 26, 2008
As noted above, Microbiologists could work in diverse fields. Though there may be limitations in terms of what Nigeria could offer you. Have you graduated already?

An emerging area in microbiology that is rapidly expanding at the moment is Petroleum Microbiology which falls under environmental microbiology. As a petroleum microbiologists you will be responsible for monitoring and studying oilfield microorganisms that can cause corrosion of oil/gas pipelines and production installations; microbes that makes sweet oil and gas reservoir become sour; possibly you may be involved in using microbes to recover additional oil from spent oil reservoirs or using microbes to convert non-recoverable crude oil to natural gas (methane). These are emerging areas of microbiology, and at the moment it's (most likely that) only one foreign company offer few of these services to oil and gas companies in Nigeria.

Bioremediation is an area that is rapidly expanding in Nigeria due to widespread oil pollution, and it involves the use of microbes to clean-up oil polluted sites or oily wastes. You may learn more about all these areas of microbiology if you are fortunate to attend a major conference that our group (from the University of Calgary, Canada) will be participating in come April 1-3 2009 in Abuja, Nigeria. You may visit the event website at www.bipog3.com for more information. There will also be short courses on the areas of petroleum microbiology that are mentioned above. And in case you are a graduate student you may qualify for a student travel grant to attend the conference.

Finally, I will advise you to pursue a Masters degree specializing and doing research in an area of microbiology that you find promising.

1 Like

Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by jaydude(f): 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2008
thanks for the information.im also a fresh graduate of microbiology,the information was very useful.please guys can u feed me on some more information.how relevant is a masters in public health in nigeria.thanks
Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by burgarthy: 3:18am On Feb 14, 2010
could anyone please assist with the above question on public health.
thank you
Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by Sakeenath: 4:43pm On Feb 16, 2010
Masters in public health is very marketable now. Uld have the opportunity to work wt a lot NGO's nd multinational health organizatns. i had my 1st degree in microbio and just completd masters in public health.

2 Likes

Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by omoh25: 12:11am On Feb 17, 2010
HI I ACTUALLY FINISHED FROM MICROBIOLOGY BEFORE NURSING.I DON'T KNOW YR AREA OF SPECIALIZATION BUT U CAN CHOOSE FROM DIS.
1. CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY------------------         U CAN WORK IN LABORATORY(HOSPITALS)
2. BREWING MICROBIOLOGY------------------          U CAN WORK IN ANY BREWING COMPANY
3. INDUSTRIAL MICROBIOLOGY---------------          U CAN WORK IN ANY INDUSTRIAL COMPANY.
4. AGRICULTURAL MICROBIOLOGY--------------       U CAN WORK IN AGRICULTURAL SECTOR.
5. PETROLEUM MICROBIOLOGY, U CAN WORK IN ANY PETROLEUM COMPANY.
   I WILL ADVICE U READ YOUR MASTER IN ANY OF THE MEDICAL RELATED COURSES.I DID SO AND I NEVER REGRETED IT  .IT STILL DEPEND THE COUNTRY U ARE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by burgarthy: 4:56pm On Feb 19, 2010
@Sakeenath,

thanks for ur contribution,can u pls give me a details on hw u achieved ur goal, i have siimilar goals too, esp in Public health and working in an NGO too.
did u study abroad.
maybe u could mail me on ----- h.patricks@yahoo.com

will wait patiently.

my kind regards.
Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by Elqas(m): 8:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
In nigeria certificate doesn't matter

1 Like

Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by marvelling(m): 9:47am On Sep 27, 2013
Some posts above have a certain degree of error. First of all, the primary focus of mcb is RESEARCH! Microbiologists are meant to carry out research on microbes and how they affect human life & environment. Mcb is very wide in scope but the viability of any aspect of mcb depends on the geographical region one finds himself. In nigeria, environmental mcb is by far the most lucrative, you get the opportunity to work in environmental consultancy firms
. Food/industrial (technically they go together) is also very viable, brewing technology falls under this aspect, you'll work in food manufacturing firms mainly doing quality control of manufactured food & beverages. Medical laboratory scientists are trained to do the work of a microbiologist in the clinical setting so in essence the microbiologist is not needed on the medical team.

1 Like

Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by muta1996(m): 11:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
omoh25:   HI I ACTUALLY FINISHED FROM MICROBIOLOGY BEFORE NURSING.I DON'T KNOW YR AREA OF SPECIALIZATION BUT U CAN CHOOSE FROM DIS.
1. CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY------------------         U CAN WORK IN LABORATORY(HOSPITALS)
2. BREWING MICROBIOLOGY------------------          U CAN WORK IN ANY BREWING COMPANY
3. INDUSTRIAL MICROBIOLOGY---------------          U CAN WORK IN ANY INDUSTRIAL COMPANY.
4. AGRICULTURAL MICROBIOLOGY--------------       U CAN WORK IN AGRICULTURAL SECTOR.
5. PETROLEUM MICROBIOLOGY, U CAN WORK IN ANY PETROLEUM COMPANY.
   I WILL ADVICE U READ YOUR MASTER IN ANY OF THE MEDICAL RELATED COURSES.I DID SO AND I NEVER REGRETED IT  .IT STILL DEPEND THE COUNTRY U ARE. 
wot of public health and can microbiologist test blood also
Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by davidj20: 6:29pm On May 07, 2015
[/quote]... I Tink Medical Lab Science Is Most Prefferable Dan Microbiology
Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by mankan2k7(m): 7:08pm On May 07, 2015
Medical lab scientists are trained to work in d hospital not a microbiologist
Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by blessingukah: 12:38pm On Mar 15, 2016
Pls a friend s about studying Mcb but her mum wants to know if she can still work in medical area as a microbiologist
Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by fibial: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2016
blessingukah:
Pls a friend s about studying Mcb but her mum wants to know if she can still work in medical area as a microbiologist
Yup but e go hard for naija bcus of med lab people.

1 Like

Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by toshayo: 6:48pm On Aug 30, 2016
Please I am a fresh graduate of microbiology I am actually confused if I should take my Msc in microbiology or medical microbiology unilag..pls any expend person in d house Pls I am over confused
Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by fashoo2010(m): 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2016
toshayo:
Please I am a fresh graduate of microbiology I am actually confused if I should take my Msc in microbiology or medical microbiology unilag..pls any expend person in d house Pls I am over confused
if u are going for ur master, pick area of ur interest... If u have intention of lecturing, u can go for medical microbiology but if not, I will advice u not to go for medical microbiology... Pick any other field
Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by Alhajipablo(m): 10:19am On Dec 07, 2016
toshayo:
have you finally selected? Which did you later go for. M thinking of going for industrial micro or environmental micro next year.

1 Like

Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by Adamsonian1993(m): 12:10pm On Aug 02, 2019
You are true, but one correction, microbiologist also works in the hospital only that, MLS is allowed to head
Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by arinzos(m): 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2019
Adamsonian1993:
You are true, but one correction, microbiologist also works in the hospital only that, MLS is allowed to head
Lies.
Microbiologist cannot work in the Hospital.
They will work in the Hospital as What?
Re: Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? by webcoach247(m): 4:43pm On Aug 02, 2019
Nigerians are not taking advantage of Online Money, you can be at home make money and enjoy your life, i swear if you join this WhatsApp group you will learn cpa marketing properly and with free traffic and you can start earning at least more than $20 daily which is like 7k daily in Nigeria, people in the group are people making it from cpa marketing and willing to help you out, the main reason they will be willing to help you out is because any 3 of the group member that’s most interactive and helpful for the month receives 100k each and it happens every month with the money which is gotten from their 2k monthly recurring payment for the group and the benefit is far more than that, i got my Free Traffic Method for cpa changing source codes from this same group, you can see the group’s Logo and WhatsApp number on their logo below, thank me later, blessings!!!

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Police Officer With A Bottle Of Beer In Public Arrested. Photos / Former Corper Turned Military Officer (Photos) / Cecilia Akagu & Clifford Wanda Attain Same Senior Rank Level In The Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.