Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Which Of These Has The Largest Database In The World ??? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Of These Has The Largest Database In The World ??? (1260 Views)

Anyone With An Idea Of How I Can Get Email Address Database In Nigeria?? / Help! Deleting A Database In Cpanel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Has The Largest Database In The World ??? by ike4blast(m): 2:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
3 leading firms.

GOOGLE

MICROSOFT

ORACLE

are the leading and largest ICT company, and has many services offered to the world, buh i keep wondering which of them has the largest database.
if you think an other company is worthy of being in the above list u can, list it here!

as for me my company dey o! lol

https://www.ventchat.net
Re: Which Of These Has The Largest Database In The World ??? by ITbomb(m): 2:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
You forgot Facebook.
But I believe Google has it

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Has The Largest Database In The World ??? by ike4blast(m): 2:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
facebook database is on google data Center, dat was my findings! even you-tube is for google, same with skype
ITbomb: You forgot Facebook.
But I believe Google has it
Re: Which Of These Has The Largest Database In The World ??? by wonlasewonimi: 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
Linda ikeji
Re: Which Of These Has The Largest Database In The World ??? by ammyluv2002(f): 2:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
wonlasewonimi: Linda ikeji
grin grin Linda ko

Google jare!
Re: Which Of These Has The Largest Database In The World ??? by talk2hb1(m): 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
Google of course
Nairaland is not included on the ranking, so this thread is considered to be racially biased therefore based on the power vested in me as me, I hereby declared this thread null and void (that sound OOP like)
Re: Which Of These Has The Largest Database In The World ??? by wonlasewonimi: 5:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
it's not even any of the three up there:

World Data Centre for Climate

If you had a 35 million euro super computer lying around what would you use it for? The stock market? Building your own internet? Try extensive climate research -- if there's a machine out there that has the answer for global warming, this one might be it. Operated by the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology and German Climate Computing Centre, The World Data Centre for Climate (WDCC) is the largest database in the world.

The WDCC boasts 220 terabytes of data readily accessible on the web including information on climate research and anticipated climatic trends, as well as 110 terabytes (or 24,500 DVD's) worth of climate simulation data. To top it off, six petabytes worth of additional information are stored on magnetic tapes for easy access. How much data is six petabyte you ask? Try 3 times the amount of ALL the U.S. academic research libraries contents combined.

By the Numbers
• 220 terabytes of web data
• 6 petabytes of additional data

http://www.comparebusinessproducts.com/fyi/10-largest-databases-in-the-world
Re: Which Of These Has The Largest Database In The World ??? by ITbomb(m): 6:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
Are we talking about Data Center or Data Base
Re: Which Of These Has The Largest Database In The World ??? by ike4blast(m): 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
the database we are taking about here is basically on RDBMS.. NOTE: even you-tube dat was listed in the website you placed is having it database attached or better still own by google now!
Re: Which Of These Has The Largest Database In The World ??? by LoveDecay(m): 10:48am On Dec 05, 2013
ike4blast: facebook database is on google data Center, dat was my findings! even you-tube is for google, same with skype

Crap... Skype is owned by MSN aka Microsoft
Facebook data center is not Google and can never be Google.

These webmasters on naira land funny ooh.

(1) (Reply)

Fellow Webmaster And Guru Come In / Am Scared When I See This Website {the 10-in-1 Website} / U Want To Learn LARAVEL Php Framework?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.