Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 (21246 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Uniben Pulls Out Of ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by OneNaira6: 6:34am On Dec 05, 2013
Good. Students need to return to school. It is stupid to punish the students just because because of a disagreement b/w the FG and ASUU. It is ridiculously ignorant and makes me wonder whether Nigerian officials will ever do sh1t right. Professors refusing to work all in effort to spike the government, forgetting they are equally spiking the students and in fact helping to solidify the so called "illiteracy" amounted to Nigeria by the Western nations. SMH. They should find an easier way to continue their pact that won't impact the students. In fact my school is in disagreement with the state government, despite the supposed altercation have been going on for a while, the majority of the students are unaware of it. I wouldn't even have known myself if not for the fact my best friend is a member of a governmental organizational club that monitors the work of the school. Since the whole altercation began, we are attending classes, signing up for courses after the end of each semester and not once have any teacher or school official refused to work because of it.
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by Dagoma: 6:36am On Dec 05, 2013
Is the Senate speaking for ASUU, when did the Senate became a branh of ASUU? .. this post is a disgrace to Nairaland, and to Seun in particular because its meaningless... 'SUG President just called me'... hahaha.
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by onyeka205(m): 6:38am On Dec 05, 2013
Did ASUU-DELSU call off their strike or did the university senate just announced the resumption date? these are two different things. The management can announce the resumption date but ASUU will refuse to come to class. It was announced that FUTO has pulled out of the ASUU strike but go to FUTO today you will not see any single lecturer around. The students that came back to school without making enquiries first were all disappointed and have all gone back home. The students should better persuade the FG to resolve this issue with ASUU.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by lirusehn(m): 6:44am On Dec 05, 2013
onyeka205: Did ASUU-DELSU call off their strike or did the university senate just announced the resumption date? these are two different things. The management can announce the resumption date but ASUU will refuse to come to class.
am jez looking at u
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by immortalvoices(m): 6:52am On Dec 05, 2013
Dagoma: Is the Senate speaking for ASUU, when did the Senate became a branh of ASUU? .. this post is a disgrace to Nairaland, and to Seun in particular because its meaningless... 'SUG President just called me'... hahaha.

www.delsu.edu.ng

Help yourself or knock yourself out...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by ceeethru(m): 6:53am On Dec 05, 2013
mercy after death, if i may asked, is the skul authorities okay?
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by immortalvoices(m): 6:59am On Dec 05, 2013
ceeethru: mercy after death, if i may asked, is the skul authorities okay?

Do u intend to say "medicine after death"
Remove the speck frm ur eyes first...before asking of the mental status of the school authorities.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by immortalvoices(m): 7:03am On Dec 05, 2013
onyeka205: Did ASUU-DELSU call off their strike or did the university senate just announced the resumption date? these are two different things. The management can announce the resumption date but ASUU will refuse to come to class. It was announced that FUTO has pulled out of the ASUU strike but go to FUTO today you will not see any single lecturer around. The students that came back to school without making enquiries first were all disappointed and have all gone back home. The students should better persuade the FG to resolve this issue with ASUU.

Oga u sure have a point on the above quote, but frm the look of things this strike generally won't survive the next one week, now that the fg has deposited 200b in a dormant central bank acct or so I think
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by prinx55555(m): 7:03am On Dec 05, 2013
lirusehn: am jez looking at u
bro how mataz now?
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by lirusehn(m): 7:04am On Dec 05, 2013
prinx55555: bro how mataz now?
mata stand o. Yaz?
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by prinx55555(m): 7:06am On Dec 05, 2013
lirusehn: mata stand o. Yaz?
abeg bell me mah tell u somfin
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by lirusehn(m): 7:08am On Dec 05, 2013
prinx55555: abeg bell me mah tell u somfin
K boss.
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by Demdem(m): 7:08am On Dec 05, 2013
ASUU didn't shut down any school. Those that shut it down are re-opening.
Strike continues.
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by Akposy(m): 7:18am On Dec 05, 2013
Dagoma: Is the Senate speaking for ASUU, when did the Senate became a branh of ASUU? .. this post is a disgrace to Nairaland, and to Seun in particular because its meaningless... 'SUG President just called me'... hahaha.

Mumu! Stop laffing lyk sum1 who inhaled nitrogen gas else u wld be referred to Uselu

Its already on my skul website
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by Akposy(m): 7:21am On Dec 05, 2013
onyeka205: Did ASUU-DELSU call off their strike or did the university senate just announced the resumption date? these are two different things. The management can announce the resumption date but ASUU will refuse to come to class. It was announced that FUTO has pulled out of the ASUU strike but go to FUTO today you will not see any single lecturer around. The students that came back to school without making enquiries first were all disappointed and have all gone back home. The students should better persuade the FG to resolve this issue with ASUU.

Common English!!!!
"Pulled out" nt "Call off"

Did I hear u say students shld persuade FG
Pls lead d way first.... Go to ASO Rock

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by Akposy(m): 7:23am On Dec 05, 2013
lirusehn: mata stand o. Yaz?
U be delsu student?
Wich faculty n level
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by immortalvoices(m): 7:25am On Dec 05, 2013
Demdem: ASUU didn't shut down any school. Those that shut it down are re-opening.
Strike continues.

From your post you sure sounded like an aggrieved ASUU lecturer

And from you signature you sounded like an "anti-gej" or APC opposition but which ever way you don't sure have the interest of the student in ur heart

Frm a political student observer like me...thanks

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by Demdem(m): 7:30am On Dec 05, 2013
[s]
immortalvoices:

From your post you sure sounded like an aggrieved ASUU lecturer

And from you signature you sounded like an "anti-gej" or APC opposition but which ever way you don't sure have the interest of the student in ur heart

Frm a political student observer like me...thanks
[/s]

The totality of ur post suggest to me that u are ignorant. A typical selfish student who simply wants to go back to school at all cost. Govts at all levels should learn to honor agreements, be patient.
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by godman01(m): 7:56am On Dec 05, 2013
Ism4b: its written confirmed on their website www.delsu.edu.ng check it its real ,I wish my university will join them (udus)
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by immortalvoices(m): 8:21am On Dec 05, 2013
Demdem: [s][/s]

The totality of ur post suggest to me that u are ignorant. A typical selfish student who simply wants to go back to school at all cost. Govts at all levels should learn to honor agreements, be patient.

The totality of ur post suggest to me that you are ignorant: WRONG SIRE

A typical selfish student who simply wants to go back to school at all cost: AGREED SIRE (who wouldn't wanna go back when they av one exam paper to write and graduate or 3months to end their university education or having house rent elapsing or seeing two elephants fights (FG vs ASUU) and the grass (students)suffers for it!
Sire if you ar d student like me, you wud choose the safer option because non is ready to shift ground...but I guess you ain't student,

so u will not understand!!!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by ceo4eva: 8:24am On Dec 05, 2013
ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Distributes
Food, Money To Members
https://www.nairaland.com/1543312/ASUU-strike-ASUU-distributes-food
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by Cubeet: 8:28am On Dec 05, 2013
OH God, January things na. I heard exam is on febuary 3rd 2014 not january 6
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by Youngzedd(m): 8:29am On Dec 05, 2013
Here we are.

My bois oya school don resume, make una begin pack una bags.

Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by size38: 8:30am On Dec 05, 2013
Let them continue pulling out of ASUU. One day they all realise the damage they did to themselves

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by joshuaidibia(m): 8:32am On Dec 05, 2013
u just spoke my mind. God bless yu jare
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by onyekachee(f): 8:43am On Dec 05, 2013
If truly resumption start on the 9th and exam takes place january,i think the people in their finals will be the one to suffer it all because they still have project to work om and time is not their friend
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by onyekachee(f): 8:43am On Dec 05, 2013
If truly resumption start on the 9th and exam takes place january,i think the people in their finals will be the one to suffer it all because they still have project to work on and time is not their friend
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by Region(m): 8:55am On Dec 05, 2013
Delta state university 2nd semester Calendar Sunday December 8th ,2013= all students returned to campus Monday December 9th ,2013 lectures start Tuesday December 24th 2013 ,Xmas brake Sunday January 5th,2014 students returned to campus Monday January 20th 2014 screening of fresh students beginFriday January 31st. For old students, monday february 3rd 2014 2nd semester Exam begins, Friday February 21st Exams ends. Saturday February 22nd vacation to resume march 8th 2014. March 3rd 2014 fresher resume/ start their registration Monday March 10th to Friday 14th 2014 orientation of fresh students Sunday march 9th 2014. Stale students returned to campus Monday March 10th 2014 lectures start Friday march 28th 2014 registration of fresh students / stale students ends Monday March 31st / friday April 4th 2014 late registration of students ends SATURDAY April 18th 2014 matriculation of fresh students.
Cubeet: OH God, January things na. I heard exam is on febuary 3rd 2014 not january 6
Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by 2kass(m): 9:03am On Dec 05, 2013
Anoda Illiterate when they say Senate, u dey fink say na National Assembly.. You are doomed

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Delta State University Pulls Out & Resumes Dec 9 by colossus2: 9:14am On Dec 05, 2013
2kass: Anoda Illiterate when they say Senate, u dey fink say na National Assembly.. You are doomed
Hahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boy Severely Brutalized By Principal In Uyo For Not Showing Up In School (Pics) / JAMB 2013 Results Uploaded - How To Check / 10 States With The Highest Number Of Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.