Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,484 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Internet And Cyber Farmers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Internet And Cyber Farmers (1502 Views)

Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? / Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta / Setting Up a Cyber-cafe: What Does It Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet And Cyber Farmers by jethro2: 9:56am On Dec 05, 2013
Its obvious most Nigerian Youths are what i will call cyber or internet farmers. Cyber in the sense that all their farming practises are what was read on the net, yet they claim to know even more than the practising farmers. Most farms, investors in Nigeria fails because of the wrong information or lack inadequate information they have while venturing into farming. Research are being done, yes. But these are controlled environment. How many farmers can invest heavily on their farm to get the desired result? I would advice intending farmers to deal with the local farmers rather that the so called Cyber farmers. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by felixzo1(m): 6:39am On Dec 07, 2013
jethro2: Its obvious most Nigerian Youths are what i will call cyber or internet farmers. Cyber in the sense that all their farming practises are what was read on the net, yet they claim to know even more than the practising farmers. Most farms, investors in Nigeria fails because of the wrong information or lack inadequate information they have while venturing into farming. Research are being done, yes. But these are controlled environment. How many farmers can invest heavily on their farm to get the desired result? I would advice intending farmers to deal with the local farmers rather that the so called Cyber farmers. Thank you
i call them computer farmers.most of them have not even been to a farm before.they read stuff from the net and make fake projected income statements

2 Likes

Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by jethro2: 1:55pm On Dec 07, 2013
felixzo1: i call them computer farmers.most of them have not even been to a farm before.they read stuff from the net and make fake projected income statements
Sooooo true.
Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by naijacutee(f): 2:49pm On Dec 08, 2013
To further make this article constructive, it would be great for us to share ideas on how cyber farmers can gain more hands on experience, and how 'real' farmers can gain more internet exposure for their hardwork.

2 Likes

Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by jethro2: 9:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
that will be nice. Though most practising farmers dont have access to internets and most often dont even know how to use it.
naijacutee: To further make this article constructive, it would be great for us to share ideas on how cyber farmers can gain more hands on experience, and how 'real' farmers can gain more internet exposure for their hardwork.
Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by stagger: 11:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
jethro2: that will be nice. Though most practising farmers dont have access to internets and most often dont even know how to use it.

Surely you have not been to Osun state and seen what Rauf Aregbesola is doing with graduates and agriculture. Make some inquiries and find out. Also try to clean up all your typos. They are annoying.
Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by jethro2: 2:16am On Dec 09, 2013
Check all my write ups, I have never insulted, abuse or exchange words with any one on any thread. You know why? because all I want is the free will to express my opinions without being insulted or being trashed by some uncultured children. What a normal and matured person would have done to an annoying post or thread is to skip by without dropping a comment. That is what i have trained myself to do. I think you should go and learn how to express yourself without constituting a nuisance. Thank you
stagger:

Surely you have not been to Osun state and seen what Rauf Aregbesola is doing with graduates and agriculture. Make some inquiries and find out. Also try to clean up all your typos. They are annoying.

3 Likes

Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by alakara(m): 2:24pm On Dec 09, 2013
jethro2: Check all my write ups, I have never insulted, abuse or exchange words with any one on any thread. You know why? because all I want is the free will to express my opinions without being insulted or being trashed by some @uncultured children. What a normal and matured person would have done to an annoying post or thread is to skip by without dropping a comment. That is what i have trained myself to do. I think you should go and learn how to express yourself without costituting a nuisance. Thank you
@stagger whr in osun.all of these na propanganda.nothing like youth farmers in osun ooooooooo.do u want to talk abt all this Obeef Oram or Ochicken.I dey laugh in yor.
@jetro pls free him

1 Like

Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by stagger: 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2013
jethro2: Check all my write ups, I have never insulted, abuse or exchange words with any one on any thread. You know why? because all I want is the free will to express my opinions without being insulted or being trashed by some uncultured children. What a normal and matured person would have done to an annoying post or thread is to skip by without dropping a comment. That is what i have trained myself to do. I think you should go and learn how to express yourself without constituting a nuisance. Thank you

Welcome to my world. I love to be a thorn in the flesh of people who start meaningless threads without contributing anything. You read Naijacutee's post. Better add value to this thread or pull the thread down.

I also said you should write good English without typos. It is either you write good English or you write in your native language. Read rule number 21 for the appropriate use of the Nairaland forum.
Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by jethro2: 2:36am On Dec 10, 2013
One of my people saying is " Never exchange word with a mad person cause he has no dignity left to protect". Do have a funfilled day ranting as i was made to understand your behaviour changes each time you forgot to take your medications. It is well with you
stagger:

Welcome to my world. I love to be a thorn in the flesh of people who start meaningless threads without contributing anything. You read Naijacutee's post. Better add value to this thread or pull the thread down.

I also said you should write good English without typos. It is either you write good English or you write in your native language. Read rule number 21 for the appropriate use of the Nairaland forum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by jethro2: 8:47am On Dec 31, 2013
compliments of the season to the Farmers, cyber farmers and the intending farmers. May the your expectations be met in the coming years. Visit our page at www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposecooperative
Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by jethro2: 6:20am On Jan 01, 2014
Our hope and dream is to have more of the real farmers this year and less cyber farmer. Do have a great year ahead
Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by jethro2: 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
Nomination and election for new executives will be holding tomorrow in Abeokuta. Time is 10am. Please lets be punctual
Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by jethro2: 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
The sellers of Vegetables like Tomato, Ata rodo, Tatase, Sombo usually buys from the popular mile 12 market in Lagos. Most of their location are far from the market.
The women will gladly buy from other source that will reduce the cost of transportation and at a better price.
We need individuals that will get in touch with the Vegetable sellers in their environment.
Lets say you discuss with 50 pepper sellers that each buys 3 small basket of tomatoes.
The total need for the group will be 150 basket.
We will supply the 150 basket to your doorstep on the agreed day
The women each come with their basket pick since they have been informed.
We pay you 10% of the transaction on each basket.
Lets assume a basket is sold for N1000. 10% of 1000 gives 100.
For 150 basket your commission will be 15000
One can start with N100 basket.

We supply as you demand.
Be your own boss.
Lets create job

Be your own boss.
Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by jethro2: 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
The meeting of the Entrepreneurs will be holding on Saturday 13th of September 2014 at Bola Ajibola Street, opposite Egba Comprehensive High School Abeokuta Ogun State. Time 10am
Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by jethro2: 12:36am On Sep 12, 2014
For more information, visit our facebook page on www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposcooperative. Thank you
Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by jethro2: 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
Entrepreneur Youth Cooperative Multipurpose Society meeting will be holding tomorrow at Abeokuta. Venue Block J Plot 9 Bola Ajibola Street opposite Egba Comprehensive High School Asero. Time 10am. www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposecooperative.
Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by jethro2: 8:18am On Oct 04, 2014
Happy Eid mubarak to our brothers and sisters. May all our dreams and aspirations be fulfilled
Re: Internet And Cyber Farmers by jethro2: 6:19am On Nov 09, 2016
The African Bird Eye Chilli ABEC Export Network.
African Bird Eye Chilli (ABEC) is a hot spicy pepper that originates from Africa.
Billion of dollars are exchange in trade from Europe, Germany etc with some other African countries like Kenya and Ghana for ABEC.
50% of FCMG in Nigeria make use of chilli pepper spices which they imports from Thailand and co.
The price of a tonne of grounded ABEC fluctuates from $6,000 and above.
A plant of chilli pepper under good agricultural practised gives minimum of 2 kilo of fresh pepper which is equivalent to 1 kilo of dried pepper.
Our group will be working with 250 farmers that will be growing a quarter acre each of the chilli pepper.
The opportunity is open to intending farmers, unemployed youth, practising farmers etc. The farms can be anywhere.
Traceability will be put in place with everyone having their code to supply.
Every participants has to undergo a compulsory one month on farm training to be put through the required agricultural practises and drying methods to prevent aflatoxin.
We will give sample seed free for participant to grow after which we will be buying others
To participate
Call 08188540086
Or send mail to
adesola_yinka@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Jimoh's Brain - Business Ideas, Analysis And Solutions In Nigeria / ALBERCHIN: An Herbal Cure For Staph, Low Sperm Count And Other Std's / Urgent: Price Of Palm Oil At Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.