Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals (21517 Views)

5 Classes Of Nigerians Who Play Important Roles But Are Hardly Recognised / Some Of The Beliefs Of An Average Nigerian: / Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by EyesWideOpen(m): 3:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Osyxcel(m): 3:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
XLR8: grin reminds me of a day when me and my mom were heading somwhere..we came to a place where we met dis goat wey dey chill for road...my mom didnt stop driving and the goat didnt bulge at all...my mom honked and honked..what i saw convinced me that animals are gettin smarter and may later revolute against humans...the goat reluctantly stood up.. i fink it also hissed loudly and long and walked slowly and majestically off d way...my mom was already shouting "FIRE","AJE","AWON AIYE"...me sef knw dat this one na witch

grin grin grin
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by batstan(m): 3:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
IAMBREEZY: Yeah cat i despise cat with passion and monkey.
delicious meat
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by mustaphagreens(m): 4:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
batstan: Spider and web in a house attracts poverty undecided a wall gator in the room brings bad dreams(nightmare) undecided
bros, na wall 'gecko' no be 'gator' grin. No thank me until u correct am

3 Likes

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by TRILLIONIAR: 4:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
awon eran iya oshogbo

1 Like

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by buskie13(m): 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
I have this belief that says,when u're driving on de way,mistakenly you hit a e duck,dont just drive off without placing some amount of money on it cos it'll cause you an accident dat may take ur life
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Osyxcel(m): 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
If you hit a duck with a car, you have to stop and put a coin in it's mouth. grin grin
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by batstan(m): 4:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
shortgun: Cats are by far d most detested animal in this part of d world, i luv them thou i once had up to 5 cats in our house, i chased them out when people began to say dat my mum was a witch.

But there is this sound that cats make at night when they want to mate, they cry like new born babies, mehn, that cry will scare d hell out of anyone dat hears it, they rilly sound like witches.
#catlover
Michelle -Wetin u think. I THINK HIS mama is a witch.

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by martronilla: 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2013
tomsongz:
So u dey chop monkey nash!!!!!!
yewis o.... try it.... itz as delicious af
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2013
seedord247: Cats are wictch and if lizard bite you... You automatically downloaded epilepsy for your body.
i've been bitten so many times by lizards, rats, skunks, have been scratched by cats that I owned den, they were like 5 den, when i was in sec. School, I caught dwarf python under one block and had it as pet, I've been bitten by a small reticulated python, they said they worship it in dat village ie around njeaba in orlu, it was actually defending itself, i stopped traffic around odim gate in unn to remove a very beautiful snake that swallowed something and lay at the road, there are so many encounters i've heard with animals. See no animal is evil, itz only our wickedness dat is hunting us. I so much love animals dat i prefer having dem around me dan human beings. I cried like rain when snake bit my hen dat was on her eggs and swallowed some. Actually am very carefull when it comes to venomous snakes but am carefree with contrictors. Eheee, when i was at oko poly, der was one spider I caught in the toilet, i tried feeding it with flies and other insects but it didnt eat dem, it dosent spawn webs and it was huge, imagine when i tried putting anoda spider inside the container how it snatched it from my hand, my lodge mates conspired and killed it cos they taught i was possesed, and up till today I've never seen dat kind of spider.

3 Likes

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by POPEII: 4:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
martronilla: yewis o.... try it.... itz as delicious af
where?
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by martronilla: 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
POPE II: where?
jungle na
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by martronilla: 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
Movingcoil: i've been bitten so many times by lizards, rats, skunks, have been scratched by cats that I owned den, they were like 5 den, when i was in sec. School, I caught dwarf python under one block and had it as pet, I've been bitten by a small reticulated python, they said they worship it in dat village ie around njeaba in orlu, it was actually defending itself, i stopped traffic around odim gate in unn to remove a very beautiful snake that swallowed something and lay at the road, there are so many encounters i've heard with animals. See no animal is evil, itz only our wickedness dat is hunting us. I so much love animals dat i prefer having dem around me dan human beings. I cried like rain when snake bit my hen dat was on her eggs and swallowed some. Actually am very carefull when it comes to venomous snakes but am carefree with contrictors. Eheee, when i was at oko poly, der was one spider I caught in the toilet, i tried feeding it with flies and other insects but it didnt eat dem, it dosent spawn webs and it was huge, imagine when i tried putting anoda spider inside the container how it snatched it from my hand, my lodge mates conspired and killed it cos they taught i was possesed, and up till today I've never seen dat kind of spider.
ur a maniac dude

3 Likes

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by POPEII: 4:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
martronilla: jungle na
where you eat it ? The name of the restaurant/eatery , or you cook it yourself?
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by XLR8(m): 4:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
Also when u kill a toad or frog..pple wil tel u to turn t bak on its belly...cos if tis on its bak..d dead toad dey use its hand to curse u..smtin lyk.."ur papa..ur mama..yo ba iya re"
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Ishilove: 4:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
Emmyk: Back in those days, any goat that wont leave the road while my dad is driving on full speed+honking, is definately a witch in disguise. cheesycheesy

My dad be like "ati ri eh, iya aje, eni toma koba lo n wa". grin cheesy

Well, I still hold on to this belief.

If you rush and hit this goat, you are only going to be suprised( if you luckily escapet - no accident), when you look through your side-mirror, and see standing there an old woman, shockedshocked , prolly with a walking stick, undecided ...with that "sooor lor ri mi ni" expression on her face. cheesycheesy
Lmao!! cheesy cheesy

Goats are one of the stupidest animals ever created, beaten only by those long legged hausa goats (abi na sheep? ) cheesy
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Ishilove: 4:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
XLR8: grin reminds me of a day when me and my mom were heading somwhere..we came to a place where we met dis goat wey dey chill for road...my mom didnt stop driving and the goat didnt bulge at all...my mom honked and honked..what i saw convinced me that animals are gettin smarter and may later revolute against humans...the goat reluctantly stood up..i fink it also hissed loudly and long and walked slowly and majestically off d way...my mom was already shouting "FIRE","AJE","AWON AIYE"...me sef knw dat this one na witch
Lol. The ones in Ondo where I served hold PhD in sturbboness and stupidity.
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Lagusta(m): 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
I love cats, wish to keep one....

but what someone said about wall geckos is true, they really stir up night terrors ....
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by solasalako(m): 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
vulture nko? who can knowingly slaughter and grill it with pepper for food?
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by martronilla: 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
POPE II: where you eat it ? The name of the restaurant/eatery , or you cook it yourself?
Granny.... she always spices up her soups with moneky's meat
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by POPEII: 5:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
martronilla: Granny.... she always spices up her soups with moneky's meat
you dont dash me an invitation? I want to taste am
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nobody mentioned bats undecided
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by lacicrips(m): 5:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
proevan: Nobody mentioned bats undecided
I ate bats back in the village. Tasty meat I tell you, especially when roasted.
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
I was taught in school during cultural classes that; if you hit a Duck, you must put money in its mouth....If not, you will have a 'PaulWalker-like' accident grin grin grin grin.

On another note, I hate all kinds of pets and animals....Well, except Dog smiley
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Biggyd2: 5:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
Funny, I had a couple of them growing up i.e. cats. I haven't seen any vulture in Lagos or Benin, why? grin undecided
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by ceejayluv(m): 5:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nigerians should let those innocent cats be joor... My granddad had cats, used to play with them as a kid. They helped to check the infiltration of rodents and reptiles in the house. Pretty useful creatures I'd say.
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by aAK1(m): 5:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
The truth is, some animals are prone to possession . cats top the list
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by zitalin(f): 5:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
Derz dis black bird dat alwayz perch on d coconut tree in my house nd i can swear itz alwayz trying to pronounce my neighbour's name "uchenna" till today i sti look at that my neighbour as a witch embarassed
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by IAMBREEZY: 5:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
batstan: delicious meat
*spit*so you do eat cat meat say u be whtch.
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by amnestylaw1(m): 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2013
What I remembered vividly was that when we were small, everyone believed hitting a duck dead (by car) was a bad omen. It causes accidents for the culprit and his family. Now I do not hold that belief though, but then, I was afraid of duck fowls.
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by sisiafrika(f): 7:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
I think you are possesd. This is creepyyyyy. Ewwwwwww
Movingcoil: i've been bitten so many times by lizards, rats, skunks, have been scratched by cats that I owned den, they were like 5 den, when i was in sec. School, I caught dwarf python under one block and had it as pet, I've been bitten by a small reticulated python, they said they worship it in dat village ie around njeaba in orlu, it was actually defending itself, i stopped traffic around odim gate in unn to remove a very beautiful snake that swallowed something and lay at the road, there are so many encounters i've heard with animals. See no animal is evil, itz only our wickedness dat is hunting us. I so much love animals dat i prefer having dem around me dan human beings. I cried like rain when snake bit my hen dat was on her eggs and swallowed some. Actually am very carefull when it comes to venomous snakes but am carefree with contrictors. Eheee, when i was at oko poly, der was one spider I caught in the toilet, i tried feeding it with flies and other insects but it didnt eat dem, it dosent spawn webs and it was huge, imagine when i tried putting anoda spider inside the container how it snatched it from my hand, my lodge mates conspired and killed it cos they taught i was possesed, and up till today I've never seen dat kind of spider.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Tribe of Nigeria Is Largest In-terms Of Population(both home and diaspora? / Say One Weird Thing About Yourself / Craziest Thing You've Done for Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.