Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals (21521 Views)

5 Classes Of Nigerians Who Play Important Roles But Are Hardly Recognised / Some Of The Beliefs Of An Average Nigerian: / Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by GetGuide: 7:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
blank:

Felt so sorry for the poor cat and all cats in Nigeria.

i love cats, i love all domestic animals, they are harmless

Back in the days when i was still with my parent, we have a big compound and we have almost all the domestic animals

They are really harmless

We use to have like three cats and two big dogs. very friendly they always sleep beside me and enjoy the warmth from my body

There is this Big white cat that always sit on my dad's, they are lovely, soft, playful, and very neat
Me have have never seen them harm anyone oo
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by sisiafrika(f): 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2013
zitalin: Derz dis black bird dat alwayz perch on d coconut tree in my house nd i can swear itz alwayz trying to pronounce my neighbour's name "uchenna" till today i sti look at that my neighbour as a witch embarassed
buhahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by pryzlez: 7:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
shortgun: Cats are by far d most detested animal in this part of d world, i luv them thou i once had up to 5 cats in our house, i chased them out when people began to say dat my mum was a witch.

But there is this sound that cats make at night when they want to mate, they cry like new born babies, mehn, that cry will scare d hell out of anyone dat hears it, they rilly sound like witches.
#catlover

Ђåvε̲̣̣̣̥ you heard the cry of a witch before ne?
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
Blame NOLLYWOOD!!
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Okworigeorge(m): 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
Bush baby? I still find it hard to believe It's an animal
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
I dont spare wall gecko,if i see them.since i heard that evil men use them as monitoring agent. There is this particular bird that when eva it cries,the heathen in my village,will say sum1 is about to die.
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by nosike3(m): 7:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
Una dey fear witch where the main witch(mosquito) dey kill una every night.. Sucking yah blood with straw!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by njiaka(f): 7:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
Rabbit is one animal DAT shld not be seen during d day, it indicates d death of an unknown person close to whoever sees it.
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by obyrich(m): 8:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
Adaobi12: I dont spare wall gecko,if i see them.since i heard that evil men use them as monitoring agent. There is this particular bird that when eva it cries,the heathen in my village,will say sum1 is about to die.
The bird is owl. We call it Ikwikwi or ududu.
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
Really? Have neva seen it.
obyrich: The bird is owl. We call it Ikwikwi or ududu.
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Uteghe(m): 8:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
Cats are agents of darkness,same for owls and bats. Rats are also used by witches to steal traders money. Any one that is fond of cats may be possessed. Please,this is not superstition!
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by shortgun(m): 8:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
pryzlez:

Ђåvε̲̣̣̣̥ you heard the cry of a witch before ne?
Yes, in movies
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by immortaliceberg(m): 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2013
ducks that are old turn to snake at night
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by XLR8(m): 8:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
Is it also true cats spits dis vicious venom that can blind your eyes??
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Cohyhe(m): 9:08pm On Dec 06, 2013
martronilla: I'm scared of Monkeys but I love the taste of it's meat... especially the bombom part...
Ole!!!
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Rejoice5000(f): 9:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
[quote
author=Movingcoil]i've been bitten so many times by lizards, rats,
skunks, have been scratched by cats that I owned den, they were like 5
den, when i was in sec. School, I caught dwarf python under one block
and had it as pet, I've been bitten by a small reticulated python, they
said they worship it in dat village ie around njeaba in orlu, it was
actually defending itself, i stopped traffic around odim gate in unn to
remove a very beautiful snake that swallowed something and lay at the
road, there are so many encounters i've heard with animals. See no
animal is evil, itz only our wickedness dat is hunting us. I so much
love animals dat i prefer having dem around me dan human beings. I cried
like rain when snake bit my hen dat was on her eggs and swallowed some.
Actually am very carefull when it comes to venomous snakes but am
carefree with contrictors. Eheee, when i was at oko poly, der was one
spider I caught in the toilet, i tried feeding it with flies and other
insects but it didnt eat dem, it dosent spawn webs and it was huge,
imagine when i tried putting anoda spider inside the container how it
snatched it from my hand, my lodge mates conspired and killed it cos
they taught i was possesed, and up till today I've never seen dat kind
of spider. [/quote] U are possessed by animal spirits,i don't think u are alright keeping python as a bet? Even ur signature u are asking urself what u are doing here.u need prayer
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by deniiQ: 9:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
nosike3: Una dey fear witch where the main witch(mosquito) dey kill una every night.. Sucking yah blood with straw!

Ha ha ha.... Like you know. cheesy They have even stepped up their technology. they've now gone wireless. No need for biting or for straw, they suck the red liquid wirelessly.

And try killing them by any means and see how they don 'winch' pass witch. grin grin
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by gerald09(m): 9:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
Emmyk: Back in those days, any goat that wont leave the road while my dad is driving on full speed+honking, is definately a witch in disguise. cheesycheesy

My dad be like "ati ri eh, iya aje, eni toma koba lo n wa". grin cheesy

Well, I still hold on to this belief.

If you rush and hit this goat, you are only going to be suprised( if you luckily escapet - no accident), when you look through your side-mirror, and see standing there an old woman, shockedshocked , prolly with a walking stick, undecided ...with that "sooor lor ri mi ni" expression on her face. cheesycheesy
Wow! Really! I have always believed the reasons for road accidents were cos of the bad roads, or bad drivers, never new goats and old women dey cause am. Wow!
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Tolexander: 9:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
NB- my mom really hates cats.
Also, these superstitious
people believe that withes and
wizards like rednaxelot grin
turns to some kind of bird &
fly at night.
oh boy, you dey craze with that name you mentioned!
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by hiuser(m): 9:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
XLR8: grin Its so hilarious when i see some Nigerians detest and even condemn some animals because of some beliefs they hold against them, majorly withfcraft.
Animals like cats,hawks,vultures,raven,owl to mention a few are really hated by some people. As a kid I also hated them but as i grew older, I found out that these animals are benign.
NB- my mom really hates cats.
Also, these superstitious people believe that withes and wizards like rednaxelot grin turns to some kind of bird & fly at night. I really hate cats because of the fear that had been instilled in me from childhood.

I vividly remember a day i followed my mom to her friend's house, they were chatting and an owl or was it a raven perched on the electrical pole near her house. On sighting it, she started yelling "BLOOD OF JESUS", "FIRE" and threw stones until the innocent bird flew away. grin ..me just dey pity the bird..can picture its shocked face.

You can compare your own beliefs also.

You are a Miracle there if you fly aboard and tell it like this!

0oooo0oooooo0ooo! \\0// \\o// superstitious

That's it! You have nobody there to.. To..
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by kudumopol(m): 10:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by femi9naija(m): 10:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
I detest cats. if they ain't hideous, why do they show up in my compound only in the night?
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by kudumopol(m): 10:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by obyrich(m): 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
Adaobi12: Really? Have neva seen it.
It's very ugly.
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
femi9naija: I detest cats. if they ain't hideous, why do they show up in my compound only in the night?

Cos wild cats are hunters and they like hunting at night.

1 Like

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by alphaconde(m): 11:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
If you think cats aren't witches then u are 1. All cats in nigeria are harbinger of witches

1 Like

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by pussyeater(m): 11:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
martronilla: I'm scared of Monkeys but I love the taste of it's meat... especially the bombom part...
Adonbilivit shocked
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Mattpopson101: 12:07am On Dec 07, 2013
let the innocent animals live., And Everything God created were good. smiley
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Richy4(m): 12:48am On Dec 07, 2013
Another place you hear more of superstition will be living in the dormitory. as a kid bush-baby was just around the corner all the time. though nobody saw it. always "them say". I do not know if bush-baby then was a spirit or animal. Even when we guys try to play tough, the girls will come to weaken our young mind on how they heard it screaming in the night around the hostel.
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Maddict: 2:27am On Dec 07, 2013
I don't follow those superstition no more but anybody wey fear cat past me should just go for deliverance cos mine is just too much...I have dogs tho cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Tribe of Nigeria Is Largest In-terms Of Population(both home and diaspora? / How A Disabled Guy Laying In The Middle Of The Road Was Rescued In Edo. Photos / Husband Becomes Woman After 20 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.