Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,326 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here (6601 Views)

Oneplus One Users (lets Meet Here) / Lenovo S650 Users Lets Meet Here... / First Time Android Users: Lets Say THANK YOU To TECNO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by nanidee(f): 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ody-Ody:
Nanidee you are really funny. Actually i ordered for this phone on amazon.co.uk but the 16gb version. Since its out of stock, my delivery date is uncertain. But I'm patiently on the look out for it because its the best fone i can buy for the price of N40,960. But the uncertainty of its still delivery freaks me out. Did you get yours shipped to Nigeria or do u reside in the UK?

Hey Ody-Ody cheesy. When I ordered mine, the 16gb was not on Amazon. Besides, with my 8gb, I've used only 1.6gb for all the apps I downloaded and pics on it now undecided. 8gb may even be too much for me. Lol. I experienced the 'stock thing' on Amazon when I ordered mine. I placed the order at about 12 midnight on 1st December, lets say 2nd December sha. But I was told that it would not be available till 6th of December. Surprisingly, 2 days later, I received an email saying my order has been dispatched and I got home on 5th to find my "beauriful" phone waiting for me. And no, I did not ship to Nigeria.

Trust me, its a nice phone. I downloaded the manual, and I am slowly reading it as the days go by. Too much info to digest at one seating grin

drizzypat: i tire o!! Bt what of the picturewink ,does it also take a guru u click snap on a fone??
See this one o... undecided undecided undecided So tell me how you can snap your phone with your phone. Na wa o. I will hold the phone, and still snap the phone again, abi? Sorry, I no be "winshh"
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by nanidee(f): 4:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
Habeebpain: @nanidee I don't know if you are a geek but don't worry I'm here to help you out. Pre-ordered for mine last week, hope it arrives soon by the Grace of God. Had to wait for the international version. Fell in love with the Moto G at first sight. She's a beauty to behold. Love the phone so much, I've picked a name for her; MOTunrayO Gold. You can call her Moturayo. I've got plans for her though. Planning to take a cue from Mr Mobility's House of Mo and start my own geek diary that talk's about my adventures with Motunrayo.
When I get my phone, I'll help you with some stuffs. I'll update some specs and details later. Don't mind the derailers. This thread is going to make front page and we are going to do it TOGETHER.

Yaaay! Someone finally God-sent cheesy cheesy. I am far from a geek o. My first time using android cool. I still struggle with ordinary contacts every now and then, as I keep calling people by mistake all the time, Lol. Meanwhile I am still struggling to remove my first location on the phone, which has since been stored as my 'home'. To the extent that wherever I am, it tells me that it takes me 30 minutes, 1 hour, etc to get 'home', and the best routes to take cry cry. Men, I have tried to remove that place as my 'home' o... the thing no gree comot. And this is just one of my many struggles. Lol. Do I even mention this location thingy that keeps telling the whole world anywhere I am. (Sorry to sound razz. I have just never been that much of a 'techy' person cry cry ) But i am still reading the manual sha... na small small cool

I cant wait for you to get yours. Lol at Motunrayo Gold... grin grin grin. Nice one. Now, I'm thinking of naming mine too wink. Meanwhile, what do you mean by 'international version'?
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by nani667: 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
nanidee:

Hey Ody-Ody cheesy. When I ordered mine, the 16gb was not on Amazon. Besides, with my 8gb, I've used only 1.6gb for all the apps I downloaded and pics on it now undecided. 8gb may even be too much for me. Lol. I experienced the 'stock thing' on Amazon when I ordered mine. I placed the order at about 12 midnight on 1st December, lets say 2nd December sha. But I was told that it would not be available till 6th of December. Surprisingly, 2 days later, I received an email saying my order has been dispatched and I got home on 5th to find my "beauriful" phone waiting for me. And no, I did not ship to Nigeria.

Trust me, its a nice phone. I downloaded the manual, and I am slowly reading it as the days go by. Too much info to digest at one seating grin

See this one o... undecided undecided undecided So tell me how you can snap your phone with your phone. Na wa o. I will hold the phone, and still snap the phone again, abi? Sorry, I no be "winshh"

beht ain't it rather obvious that what he actually means is that you should snap the phone with another phone...? wait...are you blonde ?
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by OdyOdy(m): 7:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
nanidee:

Amazon updated yesterday that delivery is for after 25th Dec. Hmmm... I'm almost tired of waiting... I keep watching the review over and over to get a temporary feel of the phone... Lol...
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by nanidee(f): 7:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
nani.666:

beht ain't it rather obvious that what he actually means is that you should snap the phone with another phone...? wait...are you blonde ?

Duh...isnt it rather obvious that I am not willing to 'snap the phone'?... At least not for the pleasure of your clique
You guys should look it up online tongue

I can see myself gradually going back and forth on this thread. I REPEAT... "I am not advertising Motorola, I was interested in meeting other users". That being said, blondies are way smarter than the bullies on this thread. Its not by muscle!

Meanwhile, please change your user name angry
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by nanidee(f): 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ody-Ody:

Amazon updated yesterday that delivery is for after 25th Dec. Hmmm... I'm almost tired of waiting... I keep watching the review over and over to get a temporary feel of the phone... Lol...

25th? shocked shocked. Geez... But Did you consider buying directly from Motorola? You can get it on their site, and there's even free delivery to some locations. But then again, you just might be lucky to have it way earlier than 25th. Looks like they are receiving lots of orders.

Eyaah... Christmas present. Hehehe. Lets hope you receive it before 2014. Loool! Good thing is that its worth the wait. smiley
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by OdyOdy(m): 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
nanidee:

25th? shocked shocked. Geez... But Did you consider buying directly from Motorola? You can get it on their site, and there's even free delivery to some locations. But then again, you just might be lucky to have it way earlier than 25th. Looks like they are receiving lots of orders.

Eyaah... Christmas present. Hehehe. Lets hope you receive it before 2014. Loool! Good thing is that its worth the wait. smiley
No i didn't o. But i considered cancelling the order and placing it on phones4u but i learnt my refund wont be immediate. I'll wait.. I don't have a choice. Its worth the wait, like u said. I'll just miss it this christmas.
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by nani667: 8:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
nanidee:

Duh...isnt it rather obvious that I am not willing to 'snap the phone'?... At least not for the pleasure of your clique
You guys should look it up online tongue

I can see myself gradually going back and forth on this thread. I REPEAT... "I am not advertising Motorola, I was interested in meeting other users". That being said, blondies are way smarter than the bullies on this thread. Its not by muscle!

Meanwhile, please change your user name angry

Quite frankly I don't really give a rat's a*s*s about the phone...I couldn't care less if you wanna snap anything or not...personally I don't really like the phone... I detest nexus devices in general... that being said, I think anyone that opens a thread about any new device in this section should provide the necessary info about the device... with pictures and screenshots included...that's how sh*t goes down in this section..and that's why chics aren't supposed to be opening threads in this section... that's why there's a romance section.... you chics can knock yourselves out there....

to think that were namesakes sad
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by nanidee(f): 8:25pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ody-Ody:
No i didn't o. But i considered cancelling the order and placing it on phones4u but i learnt my refund wont be immediate. I'll wait.. I don't have a choice. Its worth the wait, like u said. I'll just miss it this christmas.

Yeah...not a bad idea waiting. Tomorrow or next, you just might receive an email telling you that 'your order has been dispatched'. Let's keep our fingers crossed, anything can happen.

At least, you'll have it before 2014 wink. Please let me know when the little package arrives, so that you can teach me some things we can discuss on what it can or can't do cheesy
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by nanidee(f): 8:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
nani.666:

Quite frankly I don't really give a rat's a*s*s about the phone...I couldn't care less if you wanna snap anything or not...personally I don't really like the phone... I detest nexus devices in general... that being said, I think anyone that opens a thread about any new device in this section should provide the necessary info about the device... with pictures and screenshots included...that's how sh*t goes down in this section..and that's why chics aren't supposed to be opening threads in this section... that's why there's a romance section.... you chics can knock yourselves out there....

to think that were namesakes sad

Lol... Your post about chics and threads and romance section actually got me laughing [s]when I'm on my computer, I'll highlight the part[/s].

Whatever joor. And again, get another user name angry angry
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by nani667: 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
sad angry
nanidee:

Lol... Your post about chics and threads and romance section actually got me laughing [s]when I'm on my computer, I'll highlight the part[/s].

Whatever joor. And again, get another user name angry angry

You get another username.... angry
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by jazz04(m): 11:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
Where to get this phone here in Nigeria please?
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by OdyOdy(m): 5:37am On Dec 17, 2013
nanidee:

Yeah...not a bad idea waiting. Tomorrow or next, you just might receive an email telling you that 'your order has been dispatched'. Let's keep our fingers crossed, anything can happen.

At least, you'll have it before 2014 wink. Please let me know when the little package arrives, so that you can teach me some things we can discuss on what it can or can't do cheesy
lol.. You are really a funny character. No ish bout that... I'll definately update you.
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by OdyOdy(m): 5:40am On Dec 17, 2013
jazz04: Where to get this phone here in Nigeria please?
The phone isn't going to be released in Africa, except in Ghana. And that's next year. So it may be in Nigeria next year but not in large quantities.
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by Habeebpain(m): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2013
Networks in the US operate on some bands or frequency that networks in other countries don't support. So some manufacturers usually make models for the two options. US version and International version. Buying the international version is usually advisable, so you don't end up with a phone that wouldn't work with your network operator's frequency. I have a friend who bought a certain htc phone that didn't support any of the 3G bands used by Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by lindyeque: 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
@Ody-ody, pls I sent u a mail in ur yahoo email add.....pls respond
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by OdyOdy(m): 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2013
lindyeque: @Ody-ody, pls I sent u a mail in ur yahoo email add.....pls respond
sorry didnt get ur mail
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by lindyeque: 6:28pm On Dec 17, 2013
[quote author=Ody-Ody] sorry didnt get ur mail[/quo
.....u can check ur spam if its der nd if its not der, let me know so I can resend it....Tanx alot
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by nanidee(f): 11:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
Habeebpain: Networks in the US operate on some bands or frequency that networks in other countries don't support. So some manufacturers usually make models for the two options. US version and International version. Buying the international version is usually advisable, so you don't end up with a phone that wouldn't work with your network operator's frequency. I have a friend who bought a certain htc phone that didn't support any of the 3G bands used by Nigeria.

Thanks for taking the time to explain kiss

1 Like

Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by jazz04(m): 9:32am On Dec 21, 2013
Ody-Ody:
The phone isn't going to be released in Africa, except in Ghana. And that's next year. So it may be in Nigeria next year but not in large quantities.

how many phones gets released in Africa? Dont we still get them brand new?
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by Habeebpain(m): 10:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
And Motunrayo's arrival date has been shifted again. I know we'll get to meet someday and never part (fingers crossed). Howdy Nani?
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by frebor(m): 12:17am On Dec 26, 2013
I've noticed this phrase: 'order has been dispatched' on this thread. Well in the US, i guess its the same as
'order has been shipped'.

I've been through the delayed order and order updates email from Amazon US. Pre ordered the 16GB Global GSM Motunranyo Gold on Dec 5, it was released on the 11th, delayed till 19th but later delivered on the 17th.

Habeeb, i told you already to stop dreaming about this your Motunrayo.
I'm sure it on its way to Naija nau, na the holidays go wan cause delay. Dont forget i can snatch credits for owning the phone from you sef.

jazz04: Where to get this phone here in Nigeria please?

While the phone is not going to be released in Nigeria, i can arrange it for you, at a cost albeit. or you can just wait till any of the retailers in Ikeja has it in stock.

1 Like

Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by Habeebpain(m): 1:27am On Dec 29, 2013
The Moto G doesn't come with certain accessories like a charger. I was doing a little bit of window shopping on Amazon and I saw this Motorola charger and very cool case with an android circuitry design. The charger has 2 ports, so you can charge another device alongside it. There are other colors fur the case but I think Motunrayo will like a blue "dress". Charger sells for $12.90 while the charger sells for $5.68. Frebor can help get if you're interested.

Nanidee, I think the pink one will fit your phone nicely. Why don't we fix a date for our phones? We can have lunch together while they get to know each other. wink

Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by nanidee(f): 3:12am On Dec 30, 2013
Habeebpain...seriously? You've still not met Motunrayo? cry...I feel bad. I wonder why it's taking this long... We are still waiting.

Yeah, the charger was kinda like an issue for me, because i always have to use a computer to charge, but i'm getting used to it sha. I just make sure the charger is always in my bag. And i noticed that when the battery gets so low, like 10% or so, the phone tells me one stuff i cant remember for now, and after that, the battery takes me for some more hours. Funny enough, I was searching for dresses for this baby, but I didn't find any. Her clothes are not yet in many shops...or maybe its where I live undecided

Meanwhile, my baby (still thinking of a name for her) is slowly getting impatient from waiting for Motunrayo gold. She's now beginning to think she's being put on a looooong thing, Lol. She therefore decided to explore the world a bit and discover her purpose in life, and guess what? She learnt how to take selfies grin... (Geez...I'm feeling like a pro cool cool cool

Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by Tinkybabe(f): 12:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
^^ lol..why don't you get a charging adapter? it's one hell of a stress switching on the laptop anytime one wants a phone charged.It shouldn't cost more than 5pounds..max a tenner.

I got the moto g on the 17th of December ..I was told about the phone in November but paid no mind to it cuz I was still upset about losing my S3 and paying hugely for it still( it's a contract phone).Moreso I was barely
2weeks on my lumia 520 when I was recommended the moto g...so all these made me turn a blind eye to it.

The reconsideration started on the 16th of December.
By the way ,I had always had problems with the lumia.it felt so different from the S3,..it obviously has less features and the windows os was so different.. I was used to android and I also hated the fact that I couldn't disable the " rotate screen" feature.

Anyway, I researched about the moto g,watched about 3 YouTube vids,read countless reviews on the phone,compared it with some notable phones I knew..then I decided to get it after reading and hearing satisfactory reviews.I was a bit skeptical tho cuz I wanted to know what the catch was..with such fantastic specs,ticking almost all the boxes of a high end phone ,why would it be that inexpensive ..130 pounds?

Anyway, I restrained the skepticism and did get it.The experience?it's been good!
It's the best inexpensive phone from a reliable company so far..

So I'd surely recommend it.

*sorry about the epistle *

It's a pity it's not in Nigeria,I bet many people would have loved to get it and they(google) would make a huge profit in the Nigerian market..maybe,just maybe they'd reconsider.

1 Like

Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by RazorRazor: 1:40pm On Jun 05, 2015
all I need is a casing for my moto g. WHR else can I gt other than amazon?
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by Habeebpain(m): 9:17am On Jun 06, 2015
RazorRazor:

I can help with that. let's talk on WhatsApp 07088535479.
Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by frebor(m): 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
RazorRazor:

I have two screen protectors, one TPU case and one back cover for sale. Let's talk 08075035115

Re: Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here by Pickmycall: 1:12am On Nov 12, 2022
nanidee:
Okay, its a cheap phone, and so what? angry angry angry angry

It certainly looks expensive to me, and its soooo sleek, I just feel like stroking it all night long. Definitely does not look the price. I am yet to turn it on, because my sim can't fit into it, so I have to request for the micro sim grin

I have been fussing about this phone even before it arrived, having watched and read fantastic reviews about it. Besides, you can't go wrong, considering the price of the phone. With a 'less than N40,000' phone, you can't help but love this phone. Its a good decision, besides it will be my first android phone cool... Yeah, I dont care what you think about that angry angry , what's important is that I have finally seen the light.

So, fellow moto g users, come in here, lets discuss our cheap, but powerful phone cool cool cool

Do you have it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get 500MB Or 1GB Data For Free On MTN / Is Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus Truly The "Battery King" / How Can I Use Mtn Bbc Plans On Android.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.